Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"Let it Bleed" with Dwayne Dopsie! JazzFest, New Orleans, La - May 2, 2024 © Chris Granger, The Times-Picayune

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 
Send Topic Print
The O2 Arena, London 25 November, setlist pics etc (Read 57,662 times)
Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Re: The O2 Arena, London 25 November, setlist pics
Reply #325 - Nov 26th, 2012 at 4:57pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Teiz wrote on Nov 26th, 2012 at 2:11pm:
Thanks for a great review Gazza. Last time they played It's All Over Now is 2007 btw. Nijmegen was the place I'm sure of because I was there. Not sure about other gigs. Anyway: great to hear the boys still got it. Now I just hope these 5 shows aren't their Last Waltz...would've loved to be there yesterday.

Yeah, they did it a few times in 2007. Including Paris, I think. Ive since realised that. Thanks

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #326 - Nov 26th, 2012 at 5:11pm
FPM wrote on Nov 26th, 2012 at 12:39pm:
I read in one of the reviews that Taylor took a tiny break from shredding Midnight Rambler to plant a kiss on Keith's cheek.  Lovely moment, if true, and I'm going to pretend it's true regardless.

Peck on cheek at the eight minute mark on the video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=g7b4GwJ__X8#!

... ... ...
IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #327 - Nov 26th, 2012 at 5:15pm
each time I watch that clip I keep hoping my boy Mick T isnt going to topple over. Jesus. Not graceful on his feet. Better when he used to not move around.

Looks like he was having fun though. Glad he didnt take a tumbler.

"On saturday night we dont go home&&We bacchanal, there aint no dawn"&&&&...&&&&

IP Logged

Mel Belli
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #328 - Nov 26th, 2012 at 5:16pm
Saint Sway wrote on Nov 26th, 2012 at 5:15pm:
each time I watch that clip I keep hoping my boy Mick T isnt going to topple over. Jesus. Not graceful on his feet. Better when he used to not move around.

Looks like he was having fun though. Glad he didnt take a tumbler.

The guy was ecstatic about being on that stage. Can you blame him?!

fka Sandrew (a proud Rocks Off member since November 2001)&&&&"The Rolling Stones don't want any money ... so I'll keep it." - Melvin Belli, "Gimme Shelter"&&&&"We act so greedy, makes me sick sick sick."&&&&...

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #329 - Nov 26th, 2012 at 5:46pm
He was trying to jump around like Ronnie. He looked pretty silly. Especially at his size.

I love his playing. Just play.

"On saturday night we dont go home&&We bacchanal, there aint no dawn"&&&&...&&&&

IP Logged

Mel Belli
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #330 - Nov 26th, 2012 at 6:07pm
I won't disagree that he looked silly. But I don't think he was trying to mimic Ronnie; I think it was just irrepressible, can't-believe-I'm-back-here giddiness. The more I watch this clip, the more I hear of him, and the better it gets. That's always the way it is with his playing. He flings out so many licks, fills, lines that you have to let them settle... As I said earlier, he threw out some clams, too. But he was letting it all hang out there!

fka Sandrew (a proud Rocks Off member since November 2001)&&&&"The Rolling Stones don't want any money ... so I'll keep it." - Melvin Belli, "Gimme Shelter"&&&&"We act so greedy, makes me sick sick sick."&&&&...

IP Logged

Patrick
Rocks Off Regular

Northern Ireland
Reply #331 - Nov 26th, 2012 at 6:11pm
Gazza wrote on Nov 26th, 2012 at 5:11pm:
FPM wrote on Nov 26th, 2012 at 12:39pm:
I read in one of the reviews that Taylor took a tiny break from shredding Midnight Rambler to plant a kiss on Keith's cheek.  Lovely moment, if true, and I'm going to pretend it's true regardless.

Peck on cheek at the eight minute mark on the video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=g7b4GwJ__X8#!

Are you guys sure he isn't just shouting something to Keith? It looks as though Keith doesn't hear him first time so he shouts in his ear again

IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #332 - Nov 26th, 2012 at 6:34pm
What size screen are you watching on?

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #333 - Nov 26th, 2012 at 6:56pm
Wow!

i'm not going to criticize Taylor at all, his playing or presence... I want to hear from those in attendance or a good mix before I judge too much, but what I heard was amazing. I almost cried... Nothing would be cooler than to not only keep him on for the USa shows, but throw in more of his era stuff, like Sway and CYHMK... What a set that would be along with Rambler... I think 90% of us would orgasm, shit and have a life ending heart attack... and we would do it it again and pay gladly... so enjoy or shut the fuck up, as my old grandpop would say!!!

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #334 - Nov 26th, 2012 at 7:05pm
Pdog wrote on Nov 26th, 2012 at 6:56pm:
Wow!

i'm not going to criticize Taylor at all, his playing or presence... I want to hear from those in attendance or a good mix before I judge too much, but what I heard was amazing. I almost cried... Nothing would be cooler than to not only keep him on for the USa shows, but throw in more of his era stuff, like Sway and CYHMK... What a set that would be along with Rambler... I think 90% of us would orgasm, shit and have a life ending heart attack... and we would do it it again and pay gladly... so enjoy or shut the fuck up, as my old grandpop would say!!!

Grandpa probably was a wicked smaht man, but I tell it like it is, like it or not.

"slide your body, girl, right across the floor..do the Southside Shuffle..."Southside Shuffle-Mighty J Geils Band

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #335 - Nov 26th, 2012 at 7:19pm
Nellcote wrote on Nov 26th, 2012 at 7:05pm:
Wow!

Grandpa probably was a wicked smaht man, but I tell it like it is, like it or not.

that youtube mix isn't a good base to judge from, all I'm saying.. SV said it sounded like Brussels, and she was there... I trust that more than an unmixed youtube clip, those are so distorted and there's no instrument seperation, i'm telling it like it is too... I think we will know for sure come PPV night!

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #336 - Nov 26th, 2012 at 7:20pm
Pdog wrote on Nov 26th, 2012 at 7:19pm:
Wow!

that youtube mix isn't a good base to judge from, all I'm saying.. SV said it sounded like Brussels, and she was there... I trust that more than an unmixed youtube clip, those are so distorted and there's no instrument seperation, i'm telling it like it is too... I think we will know for sure come PPV night!

Zactly what I said in my post, you are making my point.

"slide your body, girl, right across the floor..do the Southside Shuffle..."Southside Shuffle-Mighty J Geils Band

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #337 - Nov 26th, 2012 at 7:57pm
Nellcote wrote on Nov 26th, 2012 at 7:20pm:
Pdog wrote on Nov 26th, 2012 at 7:19pm:
Wow!

Zactly what I said in my post, you are making my point.

it's a point worth being made over and over... I may say it again, and act like i said it first...

IP Logged

Scottfree
Rocks Off Regular

Ohiya
Reply #338 - Nov 26th, 2012 at 11:13pm
Any word on how GS went over?

IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #339 - Nov 26th, 2012 at 11:37pm
I almost cried... I think 90% of us would orgasm, shit and have a life ending heart attack...

I'm glad others had the same reaction I did.

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #340 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 12:01am
Saint Sway wrote on Nov 26th, 2012 at 5:46pm:
He was trying to jump around like Ronnie. He looked pretty silly. Especially at his size.

I love his playing. Just play.

Guy was having some fun. Most animated he's ever been in his career. Thought his playing was pretty solid. Remember this is 2012 and they're in their 60's and sober. This isn't 72 in a belladonic haze. Blank Frigging Stare

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #341 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 12:04am
Wow!

I didn't orgasm. But their was movement..............I do realize this isn't the Gahden in 69. Huh

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Rollin92
Rocks Off Regular

Wattsite & Wymanite, better
than Dynamite!

Swansea, UK
Reply #342 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 4:39am
Sunday was my FIRST EVER Stones concert! And what a concert, I'm still euphoric at how good it was and can't wait for next year! I was in Block 411, Row T and was dreading the seat but the sound was fanastic and the view was very good, they were small but not tiny specs.
2 highlights for me were Keith's solo during 'Going Down', the man's still got it and Wyman's appearance, yes he didn't add anything superbly different to Darryl but what was important was that he was there and by the looks of it on the screen he was actually enjoying himself. He slotted in, still as ever, and played what needed to be played, thats why he is a fantastic bass player!!

Just sharing my thoughts on an amazing night, I can see why you guys really are hooked on Stones concerts and I can't wait to do it again. Its a shame that 2012/13 are the only chances I'll have of seeing them!

"I'm not bothered, they can F*** off" - Wyman

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #343 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 5:10am
Rollin92 wrote on Nov 27th, 2012 at 4:39am:
Sunday was my FIRST EVER Stones concert! And what a concert, I'm still euphoric at how good it was and can't wait for next year! I was in Block 411, Row T and was dreading the seat but the sound was fanastic and the view was very good, they were small but not tiny specs.
2 highlights for me were Keith's solo during 'Going Down', the man's still got it and Wyman's appearance, yes he didn't add anything superbly different to Darryl but what was important was that he was there and by the looks of it on the screen he was actually enjoying himself. He slotted in, still as ever, and played what needed to be played, thats why he is a fantastic bass player!!

Just sharing my thoughts on an amazing night, I can see why you guys really are hooked on Stones concerts and I can't wait to do it again. Its a shame that 2012/13 are the only chances I'll have of seeing them!

Congratulations !  Wow!

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Deathgod
Rocks Off Regular

The Artist Formerly Known
as Daethgod

Ocean Grove Australia Earth
Reply #344 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 6:29am
Big thank you to everyone for the pics, vids and thoughts. Made me feel like I was there with you lucky cats. I woke early here in Australia and followed the setlist as it unraveled and have spent the past few days grabbing the vids and reading reviews and stories.

Rambler ! OMG !

taylor made smile

thanks again !
Stones fans are the best fans cos everyone knows we follow the greatest rock n roll band in the world.

Shit!

RO old skool : Posts: 1170 | Registered: Nov 2002

IP Logged

angelo misterioso
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #345 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 6:48am
Hi
Don't know if you've done it already, I took the setlist from the show at the O2 and for each song I put a link to a video (sometimes 2 or 3)
so that people can have a good look of what happened in London
Only a couple of songs are missing...

http://rockerparis.blogspot.fr/2012/11/the-rolling-stones-o2-arena-london-nov.ht...

Enjoy !!!

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #346 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 7:14am
Scottfree wrote on Nov 26th, 2012 at 11:13pm:
Any word on how GS went over?

With the crowd you mean? Pretty well, from what I could see.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #347 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 7:18am
Rolling Stones face £200,000 fine for gig over-running

THE Stones face a whopping £200,000 fine because their historic 50th anniversary gig at London’s O2 was 35 minutes too long.

They were meant to finish at 10.30pm on Sunday — but defied local council rules by continuing to play encores for their cheering fans until 11.05.

The band’s agent Bernard Doherty revealed yesterday: “It means a big fine — but the guys just do their thing.

“There wasn’t a janitor standing there, jangling his keys, saying. ‘I want to go home’.”

The huge fine is unlikely to trouble Mick Jagger and his chums.

They were set to net £15.6million even before a fifth concert was added to the four already announced.

Fellow legends Bruce Springsteen and Sir Paul McCartney paid a different penalty in July when their Hard Rock Calling concert in London’s Hyde Park over-ran. Their mics were cut off.

Gig was a total blur for Ronnie

RONNIE Wood couldn’t see any of the tribute banners from his fans at Sunday night’s gig — because he refuses to wear his GLASSES onstage.

The short-sighted guitarist can’t see the crowds — and relies on his bandmates to tell him what’s going on.

Ronnie, 65, said: “If I haven’t got my glasses on I can only see the first couple of rows.

“It was quite funny the other day with the signs people hold up.

“I went up to Mick and said, ‘What does it say on that sign there?’

“And he went, ‘I think it says you are rubbish’.”

Smiley

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/music/4667292/rolling-stones-fine-f...

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #348 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 7:20am
angelo misterioso wrote on Nov 27th, 2012 at 6:48am:
Hi
Don't know if you've done it already, I took the setlist from the show at the O2 and for each song I put a link to a video (sometimes 2 or 3)
so that people can have a good look of what happened in London
Only a couple of songs are missing...

http://rockerparis.blogspot.fr/2012/11/the-rolling-stones-o2-arena-london-nov.ht...

Enjoy !!!

Great idea - thanks!

... ... ...
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #349 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 7:45am
" THE Stones face a whopping £200,000 fine because their historic 50th anniversary gig at London’s O2 was 35 minutes too long.

They were meant to finish at 10.30pm on Sunday — but defied local council rules by continuing to play encores for their cheering fans until 11.05.

The band’s agent Bernard Doherty revealed yesterday: “It means a big fine — but the guys just do their thing.  "

This is why we love these cats so much .

" Cut the Stones some slack  , London ( Ronnie ) !!!!  "

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY CAKES ®

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)