Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"Let it Bleed" with Dwayne Dopsie! JazzFest, New Orleans, La - May 2, 2024 © Chris Granger, The Times-Picayune

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 ... 276
Send Topic Print
The nonsense thread - Enter at your own risk! Warning… 100% off topic and full of nonsense inside (Read 902,546 times)
Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Re: Politics thread (ssc!!)
Reply #2750 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 2:11pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Do what??

While addressing Marines in San Diego on Tuesday, President Trump lavished praise on a military branch that does not yet exist: the Space Force.

"Space Force," he said. "We have the Air Force, we'll have the Space Force. We have the Army, the Navy. You know, I was saying it the other day ... maybe we need a new force. I was not really serious, then I said, 'What a great idea.' Maybe we'll have to do that. Think of that: Space Force!"

Trump didn't elaborate on what the Space Force would do, but Vox reports that some lawmakers have been toying with creating a new branch of the armed forces that would focus just on space missions. The Air Force oversees the missions now, but Republicans like Rep. Mike Rogers (Ala.) say a Space Force is necessary in order to stay ahead of Russia and China. The Air Force and Defense Secretary James Mattis are both against the idea. "The Pentagon is complicated enough," Air Force Secretary Heather Wilson said last year. "This will make it more complex, add more boxes to the organization chart."

If being in the Space Force involves getting to take a break from Earth, though, expect a lot of sign-ups. Catherine Garcia
« Last Edit: Mar 14th, 2018 at 2:29pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #2751 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 2:47pm

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2752 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 2:52pm
Some Guy wrote on Mar 14th, 2018 at 2:11pm:
Do what??

While addressing Marines in San Diego on Tuesday, President Trump lavished praise on a military branch that does not yet exist: the Space Force.

"Space Force," he said. "We have the Air Force, we'll have the Space Force. We have the Army, the Navy. You know, I was saying it the other day ... maybe we need a new force. I was not really serious, then I said, 'What a great idea.' Maybe we'll have to do that. Think of that: Space Force!"

Trump didn't elaborate on what the Space Force would do, but Vox reports that some lawmakers have been toying with creating a new branch of the armed forces that would focus just on space missions. The Air Force oversees the missions now, but Republicans like Rep. Mike Rogers (Ala.) say a Space Force is necessary in order to stay ahead of Russia and China. The Air Force and Defense Secretary James Mattis are both against the idea. "The Pentagon is complicated enough," Air Force Secretary Heather Wilson said last year. "This will make it more complex, add more boxes to the organization chart."

If being in the Space Force involves getting to take a break from Earth, though, expect a lot of sign-ups. Catherine Garcia

Old news, fake news

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2753 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 2:57pm
Oh, the humanity !

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2754 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 9:14pm

<   ------------   "  I LOVE YOU ALL !!!!    "

Some Guy ,  President Donald J. Trump ( ' Dear Leader ! ' ) does have a valid point about that Sunday Morning ' Meet The Press ' Program . The host continuously drones on in a nasal , low , blue , downhearted , adenoidal and  ---- dare I say   ----  veritably SLEEPY monotone readily reminiscent of a whirring sibilate of frothy white noise that even makes one's pets begin to ' Bob - and - Weave ' before nodding off to sleep .  What  .. ?!  ... !!!!  Oh , Sure  !!!!   ...... Here Ya GO !!!!   :

http://www.tv.com/shows/morning-joe/reviews/

" What a difference a year+ makes. Used to watch him a lot during the election. He had some good original insights, used to bring in opposing views and talk about all the issues. Now it's only one topic, Trump in a totally negative view. Ever since he started shacking up with Mika, her views have totally overtaken his views. He surrounds himself with yes men and their one goal on every show is to skewer Trump. Last week they brought in Frank Luntz, big mistake. He skewered them, and all his yes men had the "deer in the headlights look". When was the last time he had Newt Gingrich or some other real conservative. It's few and far between. So sad, now we have nobody in the middle. "

" What goes around, comes around. Joe had some integrity a few years back. Forget that! He picked up on the ridiculing and assaulting everything Trump and added his own brand to it. And a very petty, juvenile thing it has become, indeed. Now, like a whipped dog, he allows himself to be ridiculed and bullied. even ON THE AIR, by Mika. What must it be like at home? Beaten down like a dog. What a sad puppy he is; wimped-out is too tame a word to use for someone who likes to portray himself as some macho-Alabama-alumnus-type. Come on--the Bear would absolutely puke in the woods! Hopefully he can worm his way out of this bloody mess he has allowed himself to get in to. "
« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2018 at 3:02pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #2755 - Mar 15th, 2018 at 8:35am
WASHINGTON — The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, has subpoenaed the Trump Organization to turn over documents, including some related to Russia, according to two people briefed on the matter. The order is the first known time that the special counsel demanded documents directly related to President Trump’s businesses, bringing the investigation closer to the president.
« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2018 at 1:07pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2756 - Mar 15th, 2018 at 9:29pm
Some Guy wrote on Mar 15th, 2018 at 8:35am:
WASHINGTON — The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, has subpoenaed the Trump Organization to turn over documents, including some related to Russia, according to two people briefed on the matter. The order is the first known time that the special counsel demanded documents directly related to President Trump’s businesses, bringing the investigation closer to the president.

« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2018 at 8:26am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #2757 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 4:57pm
I think russia hacked my toilet paper.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2758 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 5:20pm
Some Guy wrote on Mar 16th, 2018 at 4:57pm:

Trump is like John Wayne toilet paper: rough, tough and don't take no crap off anybody

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

They'll Never Make a Saint
of Me!

2000 light years from home
Reply #2759 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 10:10pm
Edith Grove wrote on Mar 16th, 2018 at 5:20pm:

Trump is like John Wayne toilet paper: rough, tough and don't take no crap off anybody

Bullshit. Trump is so far up Putin's ass that Putin doesn't need toilet paper.

BDSM in Classic Rock thread

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2760 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 7:23am
Freya Gin wrote on Mar 16th, 2018 at 10:10pm:
Edith Grove wrote on Mar 16th, 2018 at 5:20pm:

Bullshit. Trump is so far up Putin's ass that Putin doesn't need toilet paper.

Still hangin' on to that Russian collusion stuff?  Grin

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #2761 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 8:53am
It's getting a little Stormy, no?

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2762 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 11:35am
Some Guy wrote on Mar 17th, 2018 at 8:53am:

Stormy tried running for Louisiana governor a few years ago.

What that bitch won't do for attention.......

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #2763 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 3:38pm
Edith Grove wrote on Mar 17th, 2018 at 11:35am:
Some Guy wrote on Mar 17th, 2018 at 8:53am:

Stormy tried running for Louisiana governor a few years ago.

What that bitch won't do for attention.......

Grin

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

They'll Never Make a Saint
of Me!

2000 light years from home
Reply #2764 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 12:23am
Russian collusion stuff? That's never going to be over until everyone involved in that treason has died. Trumpies only think it's over because they're as moronic as he is. The facts are that there is plenty of evidence of collusion, which is TREASON, not just doing a little dirty on the campaign trail. Furthermore, Trump has committed treason WHILE IN OFFICE, providing classified info, refusing to impose sanction he was legally obligated and neglecting to spend a dime of the millions allocated to secure the next election from Russian hackers. Those are publicly known facts and no amount of hand eaving by the GOP are going to get rid of them. Only liars and fools still deny that Trump has committed treason since it is a known fact that he has done so since taking office.

When this illegal presidency is over, one way or another, his supporters will see that these investigations were only the beginning. Everybody who ever worked with the Trump admin will have questions to answer. And it won't be simpering Trumpies asking those questions. It will be police agents beyond Trump's reach. Make no mistake, even if Trump himself escapes justice by pulling a Roger Ailes and dying fro one too many Big Macs, those who helped him are going to be made to pay. They all thought their treason was buying their way into a made-for-life club but it's going to be a serving-life club.

Like I said, I hope this doesn't spawn a new era of McCarthyism... but anyone who has done business with Russia is going to fall under suspicion. And with good reason! Russia seems to have sought to do business with the most corrupt businessmen in the West. They have helped more than one launder millions. And all they wannted in return was just a little more treason. Such a small price to ask after making them so rich.

I'm not trying to talk sense into you or the other Trumpies, Edith. I know all of you people are too far gone mentally to listen to sense. But Trump and his supporters are the sort who fail to contemplate the consequences of their own actions. The lucky ones will have their political asses handed to them in the future because they've lost all credibility. The unlucky ones are going to wind up in prison. And yet people keep supporting him because they want to be just like him: racist, sexist liars who'd screw over their own grannies for her social security, with the mentality of schoolyard bullies and the low intelligence to match. At least they've fully exposed themselves as the lowlife parasites they really are, though they keep claiming to be Christians and don't seem to have tumbled to the fact that everyone can plainly see that they're nothing of the kind. It used to be that the rest of would wave aside their hateful politics but since we can now see how what they've done when given what they want, the GOP isn't likely to experience such tolerance for their hate-mongering in the future. Sad! Grin

BDSM in Classic Rock thread

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #2765 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 9:06am
They'll just call you a snow flake and put on a maga hat.

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #2766 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 3:03pm
Russian election today.....Airforce One flying to Moscow so Trump cab cast his vote for Putin?

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2767 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 9:28am

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2768 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 9:32am
gimmekeef wrote on Mar 18th, 2018 at 3:03pm:
Russian election today.....Airforce One flying to Moscow so Trump cab cast his vote for Putin?

Putin don't need nuthin' from Trump:

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #2769 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 9:55am
Gotta ask.....if Trump is not guilty or has nothing to hide why not let Mueller prove that then he has the last laugh? or.....

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #2770 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 11:10am
Mueller
Ain't
Going
Away

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2771 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 4:27pm
Freya Gin wrote on Mar 18th, 2018 at 12:23am:
Russian collusion stuff? That's never going to be over until everyone involved in that treason has died. Trumpies only think it's over because they're as moronic as he is. The facts are that there is plenty of evidence of collusion, which is TREASON, not just doing a little dirty on the campaign trail. Furthermore, Trump has committed treason WHILE IN OFFICE, providing classified info, refusing to impose sanction he was legally obligated and neglecting to spend a dime of the millions allocated to secure the next election from Russian hackers. Those are publicly known facts and no amount of hand eaving by the GOP are going to get rid of them. Only liars and fools still deny that Trump has committed treason since it is a known fact that he has done so since taking office.

When this illegal presidency is over, one way or another, his supporters will see that these investigations were only the beginning. Everybody who ever worked with the Trump admin will have questions to answer. And it won't be simpering Trumpies asking those questions. It will be police agents beyond Trump's reach. Make no mistake, even if Trump himself escapes justice by pulling a Roger Ailes and dying fro one too many Big Macs, those who helped him are going to be made to pay. They all thought their treason was buying their way into a made-for-life club but it's going to be a serving-life club.

Like I said, I hope this doesn't spawn a new era of McCarthyism... but anyone who has done business with Russia is going to fall under suspicion. And with good reason! Russia seems to have sought to do business with the most corrupt businessmen in the West. They have helped more than one launder millions. And all they wannted in return was just a little more treason. Such a small price to ask after making them so rich.

I'm not trying to talk sense into you or the other Trumpies, Edith. I know all of you people are too far gone mentally to listen to sense. But Trump and his supporters are the sort who fail to contemplate the consequences of their own actions. The lucky ones will have their political asses handed to them in the future because they've lost all credibility. The unlucky ones are going to wind up in prison. And yet people keep supporting him because they want to be just like him: racist, sexist liars who'd screw over their own grannies for her social security, with the mentality of schoolyard bullies and the low intelligence to match. At least they've fully exposed themselves as the lowlife parasites they really are, though they keep claiming to be Christians and don't seem to have tumbled to the fact that everyone can plainly see that they're nothing of the kind. It used to be that the rest of would wave aside their hateful politics but since we can now see how what they've done when given what they want, the GOP isn't likely to experience such tolerance for their hate-mongering in the future. Sad! Grin

« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2018 at 4:28pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #2772 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 6:07pm
Is this the beginning of the end?

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2773 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 8:50pm

<  ----------- Edith  .... ?!  ... !!!!   :

« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2018 at 9:19am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2774 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 8:55pm

<  ----------- Some Guy   ?! ... !!!!!   :

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/world/1431754/emperor-xi-says-china-ready-to-fi...

" 'Emperor' Xi says China ready to fight 'bloody battle'   "

" BEIJING - President Xi Jinping delivered a blistering nationalist speech on Tuesday, warning against any attempts to split China and touting the country's readiness to fight "the bloody battle" to regain its rightful place in the world.

Xi's address capped an annual session of the National People's Congress that paved the way for him to rule for life, as China's most powerful leader since Mao Zedong pushes through his vision of guiding the country through a "new era" of unrivalled global military and economic supremacy.

Days after President Donald Trump signed new rules allowing top-level US officials to travel to Taiwan, Xi warned that Beijing would defend its "one China principle", which sees the self-ruling island as its territory awaiting reunification.

"All acts and tricks to separate the country are doomed to fail and will be condemned by the people and punished by history," Xi said.

But he also sought to address concerns about ambitious Chinese development projects abroad, saying they "will not pose a threat to any country."

"Only those who are accustomed to threatening others will see everyone as a threat," he added.

Xi used the speech to espouse his vision of realising the "rejuvenation of the Chinese nation" -- the "greatest dream" of the world's second-largest economy.

"The Chinese people have been indomitable and persistent, we have the spirit of fighting the bloody battle against our enemies to the bitter end," he said.

But his speech was also a reminder that the Communist Party, more than ever, reigns over the country's affairs.

"History has already proven and will continue to prove that only socialism can save China," he said.

"The Communist Party is the supreme political leadership of the country and the fundamental guarantee to achieve the great rejuvenation of the Chinese nation."

The two-week session of the National People's Congress handed Xi, 64, a second term and endorsed the Communist Party's decision to lift presidential term limits, clearing the way for him to remain in power indefinitely after his second term ends in 2023.

His eponymous political philosophy, which was enshrined in the party charter last year, was added to the national constitution and senior government officials had to swear an oath to the document for the first time.

Some of Xi's key lieutenants were also promoted to top positions. His former anti-corruption czar, Wang Qishan, was elevated to the vice presidency while his top economic adviser, Liu He, became vice premier.

Wang could use his experience as a trade negotiator to deal with rocky relations with the Trump administration, while Liu is expected to have an influential role in economic policymaking.

The legislature also approved the biggest government shake-up in years, merging the banking and insurance regulators to tackle financial risks, and amended the constitution to expand the Communist Party's role in the country's affairs.

Xi's campaign against corruption within the Communist Party, which punished 1.5 million officials in five years, was expanded as the legislature voted Tuesday to create a national agency that will scrutinise millions of public servants.

"The Communist Party of China must... resolutely eliminate" corruption, Xi said.

The government's propaganda machine worked in overdrive to nurture a cult of personality around Xi and stamp out dissenting views during the two-week session, as well as promote a positive image abroad.  The official CGTN online channel was awash with fawning accolades, such as this video presenting the president as a humble, generous man of the people. 

The People's Daily, the Communist Party's mouthpiece, referred to Xi as the "helmsman" last weekend, an echo of Mao who was known as "the great helmsman".

The abolition of term limits triggered a rare bout of criticism on social media, prompting censors to block dozens of phrases such as "I disagree" or "emperor" as well as satirical images such as Winnie the Pooh -- the cartoon bear that some compare to Xi.

China has stepped up its crackdown on civil society since Xi took power in 2012, tightening online restrictions and detaining hundreds of activists and lawyers.  "
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2018 at 8:47am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 ... 276
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)