Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Latest Ronnie news (Read 28,087 times)
Deathgod
Rocks Off Regular

The Artist Formerly Known
as Daethgod

Ocean Grove Australia Earth
Latest Ronnie news
Jul 20th, 2008 at 7:15am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/while-fleet-streets-finest-clamour-for-a...

While Fleet Street's finest clamour for an interview, Ronnie Wood tells all to the 'FT'

The pink paper pips the red tops with its unlikely scoop on the Stone's latest exploits

By Jonathan Owen
Sunday, 20 July 2008

A week or so ago, word went round medialand that Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood,61, was entangled with a 19-year-old Russian cocktail waitress. Suddenly, the rocker's London home was laid siege by tabloid reporters. Sad – or not – to say, they never cornered him.

How galling, then, for them to discover yesterday that he had, at the tabloids' moment of greatest need, been secure in the custody of that well-known scandal sheet The Financial Times. We know this because the FT's interview was published yesterday, and what a welter of confessions the pink paper wrung from him: that it took a "17-year apprenticeship" to be accepted wholly by the Stones ("Charlie and Bill stood up for me"); Lucian Freud loves his landscape paintings; and that Tracey Emin is a friend ("She's like my aunt").

And then, of course, there's his famed drinking. He'd been up drinking all of the night before (not a normal confession for FT interview subjects); there were 20 pubs within a square mile of his Dublin home; and "sometimes I get so bored I think I'll have a drink. I don't mean any harm but I just go off the rails." He was, apparently, trained for it, telling how, when his childhood home's lawn was dug up, 1,700 Guinness bottles were discovered buried under it.

Then, as talk turns to Wood's latest art exhibition, his "Little Red Rooster" ringtone goes off.

"He seems agitated," writes the interviewer. "The call brings news," he says, "of the Sun door-stepping his home in Kingston, south-west London."

The FT, unpractised at lowering the tone in its interviews, does not press for further, unseemly details. But, adds the paper's man: "A few days after our lunch, I realise that he had been given news that the paper was about to write a story about how during the week of our meeting, he was holed up with a young Russian waitress." Timing, as they say, is everything.
« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2008 at 7:31am by Deathgod »  

RO old skool : Posts: 1170 | Registered: Nov 2002

IP Logged

Deathgod
Rocks Off Regular

as Daethgod

Re: Latest Ronnie news
Reply #1 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 7:16am
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a113159/ronnie-wood-confused-over-his-love-l...

Ronnie Wood confused over his love life

Sunday, July 20 2008, 10:01 BST

By Daniel Kilkelly, Entertainment Reporter
Ronnie Wood confused over his love life

Ronnie Wood is struggling to decide on the future of his relationships as he receives treatment for alcoholism in rehab.

The Rolling Stone is confused about whether he wants to win back his wife Jo, or stick with the Russian bargirl he fled to Ireland with.

Wood checked in to rehab last week after his affair with 18-year-old Ekaterina Ivanova was made public.

According to the News of the World, in a phone call to Jo this week, Ronnie announced: "I love Ekaterina, I don't f***ing love you any more."

However, just minutes later, he telephoned again to say: "I'm not gonna take anymore of this cr*p. I love you."

A source told the newspaper: "Ronnie is in a real state. He's so confused he's forgetting what's happening for long periods."

Friends of the couple have confirmed that Jo will fight to save her marriage, despite appearing to give up on Ronnie before he entered rehab. Speaking to pals at the beginning of last week, she said: "Ronnie is welcome to that Russian tart. I have had enough now."

An insider explained yesterday: "Ronnie and his wife are set to have counselling together, which is an integral part of his healing. I suppose there's going to be some hostility from Jo after what she's been through. But that's what the doctor's ordered."
« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2008 at 7:31am by Deathgod »  

IP Logged

Deathgod
Rocks Off Regular

as Daethgod

Reply #2 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 7:17am
http://www.topnews.in/light/ronnie-wood-keeps-forgetting-whom-he-loves-213663

Ronnie Wood keeps forgetting whom he loves
Posted July 20th, 2008 by Kiran Pahwa

Ronnie Wood keeps forgetting whom he lovesLondon, July 20: Ronnie Wood is so caught up in his life that he can’t decide whom he’s actually in love with – wife or the Russian mistress.

The rambling rocker is now having double minds as to whether he loves his wife or Ekaterina Ivanova, with whom he fled to County Kildare on a two-week booze-bender.

"Ronnie is in a real state. He''s so confused he''s forgetting what''s happening for long periods,” News of the World quoted a source, as saying.

Firstly the 61-year-old musician made drunken phone calls to his betrayed wife Jo, to talk about Ivanova.

He told her: "I love Ekaterina, I don''t f***ing love you any more."

Still, moments later, he again telephoned her, saying: "I''m not gonna take anymore of this cr*p. I love you."

In the meantime, it seems the confusion has even touched his 53-year-old wife, who is threatening to divorce Ronnie one minute and then agreeing to have marriage counselling with him the next.

Ronnie has been in The Priory since July 15 when he returned to Britain in a private jet, only after eldest son Jesse, 30, flew to County Kildareto talk sense into him. (ANI)

« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2008 at 7:30am by Deathgod »  

IP Logged

Deathgod
Rocks Off Regular

as Daethgod

Reply #3 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 7:19am

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributors/article43...

Ronnie’s a Stone but Jo’s a rock

Shane Watson

Towards the end of last year, I headed off to Richmond to interview Ronnie Wood and his wife, Jo, at home, for the launch of his autobiography. It’s unusual to interview couples together, particularly when one of them is a Rolling Stone, but you tend to think of Ronnie and Jo – unlike Keith and Patti or Mick and L’Wren – as a team. Whenever they are photographed in public, they are draped around each other: Ronnie looking gaunt and mischievous; Jo, blonde and smiley and remarkably like the girl she was when they met back in 1977.

The message is that this rock’n’roll marriage has survived all these years because, as Paul and Linda did, the Woods have made a point of sticking close together, and because – strangely enough, in a world where celebrity marriages can last four weeks – they still love each other. As well as talking to Ronnie about the sex and the drugs and the music, I was looking forward to finding out the secret of their long relationship.

Then, when I met them, I discovered that there’s another, more compelling reason Ronnie is comfortable being interviewed with Jo. Besides being entirely lacking in the kind of ego that usually goes with this territory, Ronnie Wood is dependent on his wife: he needs her to finish his sentences and prompt his best stories. He relies on her to chuckle when he gets doomy and to cluck when he starts to say something that might make him look foolish. Jo is to Ronnie what Sharon is to Ozzy (though their styles are very different): his rock, his compass, his biggest fan and the reason Ronnie the alcoholic is still here.

It was obvious that they adored each other but also that staying together had not been easy. “He fights his addiction every day,” Jo told me at one point, and Ronnie, looking very tired, added: “The trouble with me is I’ve never reached rock bottom – so all my therapists say.”

Those were not the words of a committed recovering alcoholic; they were the words of a man who knew it was only a matter of time before he fell off the wagon again. Over the course of the next few hours Ronnie admitted he was finding life without drink barely tolerable. I left thinking two things: God help Ronnie, and what an extraordinary marriage.

Last week everyone learnt about Ronnie’s crash-and-burn binge in Ireland, and you can bet most people’s reaction was: “She’s got to kick him out this time.”

Not so long ago I would have agreed – but now I’ve changed my mind. Notwithstanding everything we know about alcoholism – the need for Ronnie to “hit rock bottom”; the need for Jo to “let go with love” – I can’t help admiring a marriage that has so far survived drink, drug addiction (on both sides), groupies, the hellish trials of touring and a friendship with Keith Richards so intense that at times Jo might as well have been married to both of them.

From the modern perspective, she is an enabler, a doormat, someone who almost certainly suffers from low self-esteem (how else could she possibly have accepted the humiliation of being dumped while her husband absconded to Ireland with a 20-year-old?). I can hear her girlfriends now: reminding her what she owes herself; persuading her that Ronnie is ruining her life. But the truth is that Ronnie is Jo’s life. Maybe she can’t walk away because she wouldn’t know what to do with herself; maybe she can’t bear to see their tightknit family compromised.

Whatever the case, she’s something you don’t see much of any more: a woman who is unfashionably wedded to a man for better or worse.

Before I got married, two years ago, I had strong views about what was and wasn’t tolerable in a relationship (it’s the single woman’s favourite hobby: watching other people’s marriages from the sidelines and passing judgment). More than once, I’ve said to a girlfriend: “Leave now. You don’t need this.”

But then I didn’t appreciate what loving someone enough to marry them meant, and I hadn’t worked out the big difference between marriage and other relationships: marriage means never being able to say, “Your problems are screwing up my life, therefore I’m off”, because now they’re your problems too. It’s about tolerance and forgiveness, no matter how much the goalposts shift. (Okay, there are rare exceptions – violence and serial infidelity among them – but not the checklist of opt-outs that we’ve come to accept as grounds for walking.) And, besides, it’s the crises that weld you together and dig in the roots.

Somewhere along the way, our desire to protect ourselves from anything unpleasant has made us forget this basic requirement of a loving relationship – you cleave together, come hell or high water – which is why we are awestruck when a woman marries her severely burnt soldier fiancé, and so appalled when a woman such as Jo Wood sticks with her apparently hopeless husband.

I did ask Ronnie what he thought was the secret of a successful marriage. He said: “You have to be great friends and be able to go to each other and say, ‘I’m in trouble – what the hell do I do now?’ ” Which is, let’s hope, exactly what’s happening right now.

In the same week that a granny had to beat off shop thieves with a broomstick, Boots, the chemist, has been chastised for detaining a 12-year-old who helped herself to some nail varnish. The big mistake Boots made, on this occasion, was to pick on a pretty, nicely dressed grammar school pupil.

Her middle-class parents were outraged, not because their daughter had seen fit to break the seal on a bottle and try on some nail varnish that she didn’t have the money to pay for, but because she had been treated like a criminal. (The Daily Mail reported that no testers were available for “tearful Hannah”. But you don’t get nail-varnish testers in Boots. That’s the whole point. If you want to try it, you have to buy it.)

Had poor, wronged Hannah ticked all the right boxes (Croydon facelift, hoop earrings, fag on the go), this incident would have been filed away as yet another example of lack of respect for the law. And would Boots have been accused of overreacting then? Don’t think so.

Rachel Johnson is away

IP Logged

Deathgod
Rocks Off Regular

as Daethgod

Reply #4 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 7:22am
http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/comment/Profile-Ronnie-Wood.4306229.jp

Profile: Ronnie Wood

Devil who keeps on rolling

TO CALL Ronnie Wood the everyman of the Rolling Stones is a bit like describing Lembit Opik as the least boring politician in the House of Commons; everything, after all, is relative.
But Wood is inevitably viewed in comparison with his bandmates: less sexy than Mick Jagger; not as musically creative as Keith Richards; more interesting than Charlie Watts – but a less snazzy dresser. Wood doesn't even do scandal as well as Jagger
, let alone ex-Stone Bill Wyman.

When Wyman hit the front pages over his dangerous liaison in 1983, after all, it was with Mandy Smith, who was then just 13. No one seems quite sure how old Ekaterina Ivanova is, though the youngest age claimed for her is 18. She may, in fact, be 20 – though she looks much younger in her Facebook pose, wearing a short cropped Tinkerbell T-shirt and sucking her thumb provocatively.

When news broke last week that alcoholic Wood had fallen off the wagon and run off to Ireland with the Russian cocktail waitress, the consensus was that, at 61, he should be chasing babushkas, not babe-ushkas.

His wife, Jo, was reported to be ready to divorce him after 23 years of marriage, and a son was dispatched to bring daddy back to the bosom of his family – and the Priory Clinic. It is said to be his seventh time in rehab during an epic rock'n'roll life.

Ronald David Wood was born in London on June 1, 1947, to a family of itinerant canal barge operators. He and older brothers Art and Ted were the first generation to be born on dry land, and grew up on a council estate near Heathrow. The young Wood played guitar but saw his future as an artist, especially after, aged nine, he won a competition run by the popular TV show Sketch Club.

He followed his brothers to Ealing Art College, where music began to take over his life – a process that started when he saw a youthful Rolling Stones play the Richmond Jazz and Blues festival in 1964. "I thought, that looks like a good job," he later said. "One day I'm going to be in that band." That would take another 12 years in a musical odyssey that began with the Birds.

Not to be confused with the more successful US band the Byrds, the English group was initially formed as the Thunderbirds with Kim Gardner, a teenage pal of Wood's, and other college mates. Signed to Decca, they released a handful of singles before Wood and Gardner quit to join mods the Creation. Wood had to swap his guitar for a bass for his next step up, with the Jeff Beck Group in 1967, but his big break came with a return to his instrument of choice for the Small Faces.

With Rod Stewart also joining the band in 1969, success – and excess – followed. When the renamed Faces hit the road in the US they were the first band to have a bar onstage. "We could drink our way through the set without ever having to go offstage," Wood later (somehow) recalled. At the time his average day would start with eight pints of Guinness "then onto the vodka, a couple of bottles of that. Then go on to the sambuca, a bottle of that."

Despite the booze, Wood was remarkably prolific, co-writing 'Stay With Me' and other hits as well as churning out the first of seven solo albums (12 if you include live recordings), I've Got My Own Album To Do, in 1974. In between, he found time to marry model Krissy Findlay in 1971 and produce son Jesse.

During this period he also linked up with his former inspirations for the first time. He co-wrote 'It's Only Rock'n'Roll (But I Like It)' with Jagger in 1973 and, while still a member of the Faces, filled in when Mick Taylor left the Stones in 1975. The move became permanent in February 1976 after the Faces broke up, but curiously Wood remained on a salary with the Stones for 14 years, only being made a full financial partner in 1990.

Not that Wood, now worth an estimated £70m, seems to have lacked funds. By the mid-1970s he had put so much cocaine up his nose that he had a plastic septum fitted. The impact this had on his private life can only be imagined, and he and Krissy divorced in 1978. A year later he started 'freebase' smoking cocaine and continued doing so for five years.

In his autobiography, Ronnie, Wood often plays down his fame. He claims that when he met Jo at a party she did not recognise him or his name, even though she was a Stones fan. He had to track her down to the Woolworths she worked in the next day to persuade her to go out with him. They married in 1985 and would eventually add Leah and Tyrone to the family, as well as Jamie, Jo's son from an earlier relationship.

Wood's second marriage became regarded as one of the most secure in show business, but it did not stop the partying. Wood remained a notorious boozer, even as his prolific output continued, from working with David Bowie and Eric Clapton, to joining Bob Dylan, with Keith Richards, on his Live Aid set in Philadelphia in 1985.

The Ronnie Wood Band also toured in 2001 and 2002, with Guns N' Roses axeman Slash and Andrea Corr in the line up, and Wooden Records was launched in 2005 to release material from his old touring band the New Barbarians. But by now the Stones were also engaged in a series of lucrative comeback gigs.

After one tour in 2003 Wood was rumoured to have given up booze – and yet he was back in rehab in June 2006. "I just don't think my body can handle it any more," he said. "I did try a little drink a while back and I was actually physically ill. So that's it. I'm over it. I am." The same year, Jo said the cleaned-up Ronnie had become a fan of her organic cooking – and even her body lotion range. Could it be true? Had this Rolling Stone gathered some moss-extract anti-wrinkle cream?

Wood also spoke of spending his down time in his hotel room after gigs engaging in his first great passion, painting. Art had always remained a key part of his life: he co-owns Scream Gallery in London with his sons, and his work hangs in various galleries and, thanks to an Andrew Lloyd Webber commission, in Drury Lane Theatre, London.

But art also played a part in Wood's downfall last week. Ivanova – whose father Sergei is also an artist (though about 10 years younger than Wood) and who lives on the Orkney island of Papa Westray – is said to be the subject of Photography Nude 11. This painting, by Wood, was found on sale for £8,000 in Gallery Number One in Dublin – just 20 miles from the County Kildare bolthole the unlikely couple fled to.

It is also the Wood family's second home, and this may have been the insult that finally made Jo lose sympathy for her devil of a husband. At least he seems to have known the right answer when she gave him her ultimatum: it's the Priory or the by-way.

You've been Googled

• Wood once house-shared with Jimi Hendrix, who he described as a "great, relaxed" flatmate.

• Wood Appeared in The Last Waltz in 1976 with the Band and others. He also had a cameo as a gatecrasher in the 1984 teen comedy The Wild Life and played an art gallery visitor in the steamy 9 Weeks.

• He created an old-style pub in an outbuilding at his £3m County Kildare home in memory of his father. He called it Yer Father's Yacht, and said it "became my creative hub".

• In October 2007 Wood appeared on BBC's Top Gear, achieving a lap time of one minute, 49.5 seconds in the traditional celebrity challenge.

• "If Ronnie didn't have such a good diet he wouldn't be in such good health. He might not even be here because he has abused his body a lot... really, a lot." – Jo Wood.

• "You never think you are going to lose your gorgeous girlfriend to a wrinkly old man – but that's exactly what happened." Ekaterina Ivanova's boyfriend Chris Kiely, 26, last week.

IP Logged

Deathgod
Rocks Off Regular

as Daethgod

Reply #5 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 7:23am
http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/sunday/2008/07/20/i-m-sober-know-what-i-m-doi...

I'm sober & know what I'm doing.. I don't want Jo back
RONNIE EXCLUSIVE

By Lara Gould & Adrian Butler [email protected] 20/07/2008

Ronnie Wood has finally sobered up after his booze marathon - and decided to dump wife Jo for his teen lover.

The ageing rocker's pals were hoping he would try to save his 23-year marriage after drying out in rehab.

Instead Ronnie, 61, is pining to see 19-year-old model Ekaterina Ivanova - the girl he whisked off to his Ireland bolt-hole.

A source close to the Rolling Stone said last night: "Ronnie's family and friends were expecting him to see the error of his ways after having the chance to dry out.

"But rehab seems to have had the opposite effect.

"Ronnie's off the booze. But it's Katia he's been asking for and Katia he wants to be with.

"Their separation has made him realise how much he cares for her. On or off the bottle Ronnie seems to be prepared to throw away his marriage to be with this girl."

Jo, 53, was being comforted by friends in Barcelona last night after fleeing the family home in Kingston, Surrey.

The source added: "Jo is under a lot of strain.

"She wanted to give Ronnie another chance to fight for his marriage. But the future is looking bleak."

Ronnie, who flew back to London accompanied by son Jesse, 30, in a private jet paid for by artist and pal Damien Hirst, is expected to remain in rehab for the next two months.

Katia - who he met in a seedy escort bar - is holed up in East London, where she ventured out to the shops yesterday.

In an interview while the pair were in Ireland, the star - on two bottles of vodka a day - spoke of his booze struggles.

He said: "That's always been the problem with me. I find it hard to say no.

"A friend came over. I hadn't seen him for years so we had a few drinks. It ended up being seven in the morning."

IP Logged

Deathgod
Rocks Off Regular

as Daethgod

Reply #6 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 7:26am
Eka and the geek

A DEAD ringer for Harry Potter told last night of his fling with Ronnie Wood’s Russian temptress — and how she could not wait to jump into bed with him.

Geeky IT student Will Jones, 22, romped with Ekaterina Ivanova at his parents’ house after she askedhimforadrinkataLondonclubandtheyendedupsnogging.Hesaid:“Iwasabitshocked—I’donlyjustmether.Butthat’sEkaterinaallover.She’simpetuousandspontaneoustotheextreme.”FromRussiawithlove...EkasnoggingwithgeekyITstudentWill[img]http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00534/SNN1908A-380_534589a.jpg

Her ex-lover broke his silence as it emerged married Rolling Stone Ronnie, 61, was giving an interview about his chronic boozing when he learned about The Sun’s world exclusive that he was shacked up with the 20-year-old in Ireland.

Ronnie was in the middle of opening his heart to a journalist in Dublin about giving in to “temptation” when he got a phone call tipping him off a week ago. He admitted in the interview: “I don’t mean any harm but I just go off the rails.”

Will told how Moscow-born Ekaterina pestered him to take her to his Brighton home when she fell for his schoolboy wizard looks at an indie music night in the capital called After School.

They hopped on the first train to the South Coast after she begged him: “Let’s have an adventure.”

Will said: “It was 4am. Within a few hours we were back at my parents’ house making love. I remember she was very cute and very sensitive in bed. She wasn’t really wild — it was very gentle.”

The student blasted Ronnie for preying on the “naive” cocktail waitress.

He insisted: “Ekaterina is the most beautiful, intelligent girl you could ever meet. But she’s very innocent, almost childlike — and very vulnerable.

Hammered

“She’s desperate for a father figure and Ronnie’s definitely taken advantage of her.”

Will’s fling with Ekaterina two years ago lasted three months. He said: “At the time she was flitting from job to job in London.

“She wanted to see the world but didn’t have any real direction. She didn’t know what she wanted from life. Ekaterina is really bubbly and giggly. But she can be very serious at times too. I got the feeling she needed guidance.

“She had no money but was going out and getting hammered most nights in the week.”

Ronnie’s devoted wife Jo, 53, has given the alcoholic dad of four the boot after he spent three booze-fuelled weeks with the girl he calls “Eka” at his bolthole in County Kildare, Ireland.

The multi-millionaire guitarist — wed for 23 years — never let on he was cheating on ex-model Jo during his Dublin interview last week.

The rocker, who has been in and out of drying-out clinics and met the Russian in a seedy escort club, confessed to hitting the bottle because “sometimes I get so bored”.

Spellbound ... Harry Potter double Will

He said: “Here I am at 61 and I’ve never felt better. The clinic said I had the body of a 40-year-old. That's always been a big problem with me. I find it hard to get old and hard to say no.

“I’m more lost when I’m not on tour. I’m in a bit of a muddle at 9pm . . . ‘Where’s the stage?’

“On tour there are people directing and supervising you.”

Ekaterina told The Sun: “I love him”. But pals of Ronnie, who was last night back in rehab, say he is desperate to save his marriage.

Will admitted that even when he was dating Ekaterina she was never shy about taking advantage of older men. He said: “When we went out she would flirt with older guys to get them to buy her drinks before just walking off.

“But when she got a job in a Covent Garden clothes shop it only lasted a few days because her boss — a much older guy — kept leering at her. It’s all a bit ironic given what’s happened with Ronnie.”

He recalled how before his own affair with her “fizzled out” she one night insisted on watching the Disney movie Aladdin.

He said: “We sat singing along to all the songs in the film. I thought then how childlike she was.”

Will described her as “a real indie girl”. He said: “All indie girls dream of dating someone in a band. Ronnie’s in one of the biggest bands of all time.”

Yesterday a tiler who worked on the swimming pool at Ronnie’s hideaway in Clane, County Kildare, told how the star has a huge red Indian tent in his back garden with a giant circular waterbed in it.

The Rolling Stone let Liam Whelan look into the 30ft-high teepee after he inquired about it. Liam, 38, said: “The inside was painted psychedelic and a bit freaky.”

IP Logged

Deathgod
Rocks Off Regular

as Daethgod

Reply #7 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 7:29am
http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/news-gossip/addicted---to-a-game--of-rus...

Addicted to a game of Russian roulette
Having fallen off the wagon and into the arms of a teenager, rehab is the best place for Ronnie Wood, says Barry Egan

By BARRY EGAN

Sunday July 20 2008

MICK and Keith tried to make him go into rehab. He said yeah yeah, man. It was immediately prior to the Rolling Stones world tour in early 2006, when Ronnie Wood fell unceremoniously off the wagon.

Again.

It was, he recalled later that summer, his fifth visit to rehab (the Priory in London and Cottonwood in Arizona, among others).

"Or maybe it was my sixth?" Ronnie mumbled. "What can I say? I'm an alcoholic; it's what I do. Obviously, normal people don't go out to work drunk, but for an alcoholic it's entirely normal to go to work out of your f**king brain, and that's exactly what I did. For years."

He thought for a second before appearing to reach a point of clarity in a brain fogged by decades of cocaine and alcohol abuse.

"I just think my body can't handle it anymore," he said. "I did try a little drink a while back, and I was actually physically ill. I went into an immediate depression, and felt awful, just dreadful. So that's it. I'm over it now. I am."

No one believed him, least of all, perhaps, Ronnie Wood.

This was the man who in 1984, according to the Stones biographer Stephen Davis, had a cocaine habit that was costing $5,000 a day to feed. This was the matchstick man who reportedly became so addicted to coke, he once banned his children from eating meringues in the house after he allegedly mistook a white crumb for a chunk of the drug and attempted to smoke it.

Keith Richards, that well- known party pooper and herbal tea-drinker, once became so furious with Ronnie for freebasing purified cocaine that he pulled a gun on him.

"He stormed off to get his gun," Wood recalls in his book. "I warned everyone to 'clear the decks'. Keith came back with his Derringer gun, pointed it at me and yelled, 'You f***ing bastard Woody!' But I had my own gun, a .44 Magnum. I didn't have any bullets for it but I calmly pulled it out. And that was the last time Keith pulled a gun on me -- until the next time."

There are also drunken tales of Wood and John Hurt on all-night vodka, red wine and Guinness beanos.

I met Ron a few years ago in the Shelbourne hotel and tried, unsuccessfully, to interview him. He fell asleep mid- sentence (maybe it was more to do with my interview questions than his drug intake), only to awake a full three minutes later in the exact spot in the anecdote where he had left off. I had to marvel at the genius of it all.

He then mused, not inaccurately, that he had been surrounded by people who had OD'd: Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Keith Moon. "All these people I used to hang out with are dropping like flies."

He recalled that he and The Who drummer Keith Moon "were hitting it really hard. I used to say to Keith, 'You're meant to take one of those tablets, not the whole bottle.' Keith would literally take a whole bottle of Valium. So it didn't surprise me when he died, when he OD'd.

"I loved drinking with Peter Cook and the lovely Monty Python, Graham Chapman," he recalled. "I loved Peter, I really miss him. I think of him almost every day when something funny happens. The last thing Peter said to me was, 'I've done my bit for the Chinese.' He meant that Chinese bird he married."

Ronnie perhaps should have concentrated on the English bird he married ...

The warning signs were there as far back as the late Nineties. In 1999, he confessed that he couldn't be "left unsupervised" -- as recent events with a certain teenage Russian lady by the name of Ekaterina Ivanova have proved.

I'm not trying to excuse his caddish behaviour, but Ronnie Wood is a member of the Rolling Stones not the British Conservative Party (possibly a bad choice, I know, to contrast Ronnie Wood with, as the Tories are historically the kinkiest politicians in Europe, but you take my meaning).

And I suspect his long-suffering wife Jo Wood had some inkling of what she was letting herself in for when she married him 30 years ago. She might have also known a thing or two about his history: drugs, drink and an alleged affair with the Canadian Prime Minister's wife, Margaret Trudeau, in the mid-Seventies.

Not forgetting that when model Jo Howard met Ronnie at a party in 1976, he was still married to model Krissy. There was also the matter of Krissy being pregnant with Ronnie's child when he met Ms Howard. A year after the child, Jesse, was born, Ronnie and Krissy divorced. Jo was cited in the divorce. (Three years ago, Krissy died of a suspected Valium OD.)

In his most recent autobiography, Ronnie recalls how even his wife-to-be Jo did not recognise him or his name when he presented himself at a party, trying to impress her.

So Jo, to recap, married someone with a history of straying, a man with a deep-rooted low self-esteem.

Psychologists would have a field day with Ronnie's mid-to-late life crisis, going back on the drink -- apparently two bottles of vodka a day -- coupled with running off with a woman a decade younger than his daughter Leah.

Admittedly, the writing was on the wall somewhat when The Sun published a story that Ronnie Wood was hiring dwarfs to perform at the wedding of Leah,29, last month.

The tabloids informed us that wedding planners were looking for male and female dwarfs, under 4ft tall, to dress as "mischievous, giggling little imps".

Sadly, it appears that Wood is the one acting like a mischievous, giggling little imp on two bottles of Smirnoff a day. The lovable rogue seemed set to drink himself to death this time -- but once again he saw the light just in time and agreed to go back into rehab.

"The AA stuff rubs off a bit," he said a few years ago when on the dry. "But once you put down the books and stop thinking you have to follow it to the letter, you realise it's down to the individual. Something clicks and hopefully you're able to say, 'Just for today, I choose not to have a drink'."

Ironically, given his present dilemma with drink, Ronnie was one of the first of his family to be born on dry land.

"All of my family, right back to the 1700s -- as far as I've traced them -- have been on the barges, as navigators or helmsmen or whatever," he told the Sunday Times in 2003, adding that his father Arthur -- apparently a man also fond of a sup -- was born on a barge called the Antelope; his mother, Elizabeth, on the Orient.

Not surprisingly, Wood named the pub in his back garden in Kildare, On Yer Father's Yacht.

(Memo to Jo: perhaps it wasn't a good idea to let your alco husband have a pub in the back garden. Most people seem to make do with a gazebo or a shed to potter about in.)

Wood was asked a few years ago, at the time of another infamous and very public battle with booze, whether it was true that his boss from the band, Mr Jagger, was furious enough to threaten him with his P45 if he didn't sober up.

"Mick is very supportive," he said then. "He didn't threaten me at all. There were stories that I was going to be kicked out of the Stones. That's all bollocks. He just came as a friend and said, 'Ronnie, you can't just have one drink can you? Please. I love you. Help yourself'."

- BARRY EGAN

IP Logged

Deathgod
Rocks Off Regular

as Daethgod

Reply #8 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 7:37am
http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=5699

Ronnie Wood Sounds Pretty Together In The FT Interview

by Paul Cashmere - July 20 2008
photo by Ros O'Gorman

The worst thing that can happen to the tabloid press is when their out-of-control subject turns up and is completely sane. And so we put a close to the end of a week of sensationalism in the life of Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood.

Wood has been outed as a sane guy by that anti-tabloid paper, the Financial Times.

Right at the height of Ron`s alcoholic binge session and seedy sexual escapades with an 18-year old Russian girl, he goes and has a sensible and informative interview with the FT. How dare he make the Murdoch press look like sleazy liars.

In an interview with FT journalist Rob Blackhurst near his home in Dublin, the recovering alcoholic Wood admitted to having a few drinks the night before.

Ron granted the interview to the FT to talk about his upcoming painting exhibition. In more dirt from the interview, we learn that Ron`s biggest customer is a cancer-curing doctor from Florida. Oh dear, the Murdoch press are going to go wild on that one. Can`t you just see the headline now “Saint Funds Alcoholic Rock Star”, maybe'

Wood is in demand as a painter. He was commission by Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber to paint the patrons of the restaurant The Ivy. French President Nicolas Sarkozy is awaiting Wood to paint him but Wood doesn`t like doing commissioned work. He likes to paint what he feels.

Wood talks about his part in The Stones. He said he had a 17-year apprenticeship before becoming “part of the empire, finally”.

He also says they are talking about a 2009 tour.

And yes, Ron was in rehab. He says in last weeks interview that he put himself into rehab before his daughter, Leah`s wedding last month so he didn`t miss the big day.

In a surprisingly open discussion, Wood says he started drinking as a teenager after his girlfriend at the time, Stephanie, was killed travelling to one of his gigs. "When Stephanie got killed I sort of drowned my sorrows," he tells me, "and I suppose I`ve never looked back since."

As for Wood`s current state of health' “Here I am at 61 and I`ve never felt better. I`ve never had a cleaner bill of health. I was just in the Mayr Clinic in Austria. They said, `We want to use you as an example of how we want people to end up.` They said I had the body of a 40-year-old."

For the record, Wood`s phone went off during the interview with Blackhurst. His ringtone is `Little Red Rooster`.

The Ron Wood exhibition `Ireland Studio` is on at Scream, 34 Bruton St, London until August 17.

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #9 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 8:49am
I wonder if Ronnie uses his frequent rehab card, after ten visits and the card is full, you can get a free sandwhich.

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #10 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 10:46am
Pdog wrote on Jul 20th, 2008 at 8:49am:
I wonder if Ronnie uses his frequent rehab card, after ten visits and the card is full, you can get a free sandwhich.

He's working on his second sandwich...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #11 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 10:48am

Never mind the sandwiches, the way he's going he'll soon be toast.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #12 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 10:52am
Gazza wrote on Jul 20th, 2008 at 10:48am:
Never mind the sandwiches

Great album!

'Sub Mission' is my favorite track...

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #13 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 11:00am
left shoe shuffle wrote on Jul 20th, 2008 at 10:52am:

Great album!

Anarchy In The Hoagie

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #14 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 11:06am
Pdog wrote on Jul 20th, 2008 at 11:00am:
left shoe shuffle wrote on Jul 20th, 2008 at 10:52am:

Great album!

Anarchy In The Hoagie

Always thought that one was called 'Anchovy In The Hoagie'...

« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2008 at 11:07am by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #15 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 11:38am

Ronnie will be buying a dacha shortly.   Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

"Back in the USSR, you don't know how lucky you are"  Lennon/Macca

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

Holden
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Tampa Bay
Reply #16 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 12:04pm

or a free drink.

mrhipfl  
IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #17 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 3:06pm
Holden wrote on Jul 20th, 2008 at 12:04pm:

or a free drink.

Or, a free pie.    Oh, never mind.   Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #18 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 6:39pm
Factory Girl wrote on Jul 20th, 2008 at 11:38am:
Ronnie will be buying a dacha shortly.   Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

"Back in the USSR, you don't know how lucky you are"  Lennon/Macca

or buying a farm........

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #19 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 8:49pm
am I the only one who feels nauseous upon reading this thread?

saltines all around.. on me

Remember to keep your nose to the grindstone, your shoulder to the wheel, your feet on the ground, your eye on the ball, your ear to the ground, your finger on the pulse, your head on your shoulders, the pedal to the metal, a song in your heart, your hand on the helm and the bull by the horns

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #20 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 8:50pm

LOL.  I think Ronnie's dacha's bound.... young pie optional.

PS.  This may not apply to Ronnie W. exclusively.

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #21 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 8:57pm
Factory Girl wrote on Jul 20th, 2008 at 8:50pm:
LOL.  I think Ronnie's dacha's bound.... young pie optional.

PS.  This may not apply to Ronnie W. exclusively.

from life experience he has exactly 9 mos. to live at the point of hooking back up with alky girl and 12 mos. with family intervention and 3 or 4 rehabs. the last of which he runs out of the hospital in his gown and hails a cab to the liquor store approx 2 weeks before dying in his sleep.. during the christmas holiday..
« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2008 at 9:01pm by Tumbled »  

Remember to keep your nose to the grindstone, your shoulder to the wheel, your feet on the ground, your eye on the ball, your ear to the ground, your finger on the pulse, your head on your shoulders, the pedal to the metal, a song in your heart, your hand on the helm and the bull by the horns

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #22 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 9:02pm

yay!

That should keep Ronnie sober and provide something to focus on besides his personal troubles. The media is all over his drunken affair, and half of these stories are made up. Give him a fvcking break already with the rehab!
On with the tour!

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #23 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 9:06pm
Bitch wrote on Jul 20th, 2008 at 9:02pm:

yay!

That should keep Ronnie sober and provide something to focus on besides his personal troubles. The media is all over his drunken affair, and half of these stories are made up. Give him a fvcking break already with the rehab!
On with the tour!

dream on bitch... he'll do anything but quit drinking.  reading between the lines..... how many months would anyone last withi a vodka drinking 19 year old with a young liver full tilt?

ronnie turns me off to the rolling stones.. truth  

he's "bored" ... .fuck you ronnie we are all bored with this age old "man gets bored" story.  so trade her in for a new one ey?  its just someone that gave up her life and career to see you through butt head.

having hung out with some 90 year old men and women this weekend, I gotta say,they know how to keep the love alive among their generation, they know how to enjoy themselves.  What happened
My gma has a 90 year old boyfriend who gives her flowers.  why is it now that once you are 50 -60 years old you are disposable?
« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2008 at 9:20pm by Tumbled »  

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #24 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 9:17pm
Quote:
dream on bitch... he'll do anything but quit drinking.  reading between the lines..... how many months would anyone last withi a vodka drinking 19 year old with a young liver full tilt?

ronnie turns me off to the rolling stones.. truth

Hey I agree, rehab is a waste of time, Ronnie doesnt want to totally quit drinking, but he thinks he can control it better when he's on tour. He said it himself, tours have demands with people looking after him and it keeps him focused.

What turns you off about Ronnie? The affair or the drinking or both?

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #25 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 9:25pm
what turns me off to the stones is the hedonistic me me me quality of the band, not taking into account or considering the pain they inflict on others. 

my turnoff to ronnie is the affair which seems a fantasy to him, that he is trying to suck off the youth that is before him,. because he is unable to accept his age, that he must always be ON and beautiful and young himself to feel a viable human being, and I blame the media crap for this and for us all, which is a crock of shit, obviously there is an unease in him accepting that we all get older and it tursn me off that he cannot accept that as a man, because so many men are uanble to segue into it now and that it is a turn on to be happy with where you are and a turnoff to be trying to be somethig you are not. and a turnoff to turn your back on those that love you

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #26 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 9:39pm
no the real truth is that as a 47 y.o. women the message is that it is worth leaving me for a 19 year old slut?    fuck that.   put the shoe on the other foot, do I want a 61 year old. No.  so there.

IP Logged

stones67
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #27 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 1:12am
The strange thing is his complaint about being bored.... admittedly boredom is just a state of mind but with all his money and guitars and his studio and his mansions and ..... still he's bored. Jesus Christ!!!!!!!

Suggestion for the next you're bored Ronnie.... learn some Rolling Stones songs, especially concentrating on the lead solos, that could be for openers ... then practice the intros and outros to those songs, so maybe you don't confuse the outro with the intro Jumping Jack Flash, for instance.   

IP Logged

FotiniD
Rocks Off Regular

ROCC & RO..ll...

Athens, Greece
Reply #28 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 1:55am
Tumbled wrote on Jul 20th, 2008 at 9:25pm:
what turns me off to the stones is the hedonistic me me me quality of the band, not taking into account or considering the pain they inflict on others. 

Well, truth be told, the Stones were always a LOT about that...  Being that way when you're in your twenties or thirties is of course different than being like that in your sixties, but I suppose there's not much that can be done.

FotiniD  
IP Logged

Deathgod
Rocks Off Regular

as Daethgod

Reply #29 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 2:43am
http://www.showbizspy.com/07202008/paul-gascoigne-visits-ronnie-wood-in-rehab

Troubled ex-footballer Paul Gascoigne has been visiting Ronnie Wood in rehab, according to a new report.

The former England star has been offering the wayward Rolling Stone words of encouragement and advice, much to the amusement of clinic staff.

A source tells Britain's News of The World newspaper, "It's not escaped people's attention here that you have to be in a pretty bad way when someone like Gazza is wishing you well and a speedy recovery.

"Ronnie is in a real state. He's so confused he's forgetting what's happening for long periods."

In February this year, Gascoigne, 41, was sectioned under the Mental Health Act after an incident at the Malmaison Hotel in Newcastle; and on June 3, 2008 he was sectioned once again, this time as an in-patient.

61-year-old Ronnie, meanwhile, checked in to rehab last week after his affair with 18-year-old Ekaterina Ivanova was made public.

IP Logged

Deathgod
Rocks Off Regular

as Daethgod

Reply #30 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 2:52am
http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/sunday/2008/07/20/ronnie-wood-i-m-sober-know-...

Ronnie Wood: I'm sober & know what I'm doing.. I don't want Jo back
RONNIE WOOD EXCLUSIVE

By Lara Gould & Adrian Butler 20/07/2008

Ronnie Wood has finally sobered up after his booze marathon - and decided to dump wife Jo for his teen lover.

The ageing rocker's pals were hoping he would try to save his 23-year marriage after drying out in rehab.

Instead Ronnie, 61, is pining to see 19-year-old model Ekaterina Ivanova - the girl he whisked off to his Ireland bolt-hole.

A source close to the Rolling Stone said last night: "Ronnie's family and friends were expecting him to see the error of his ways after having the chance to dry out.

"But rehab seems to have had the opposite effect.

"Ronnie's off the booze. But it's Katia he's been asking for and Katia he wants to be with.

"Their separation has made him realise how much he cares for her. On or off the bottle Ronnie seems to be prepared to throw away his marriage to be with this girl."

Jo, 53, was being comforted by friends in Barcelona last night after fleeing the family home in Kingston, Surrey.

The source added: "Jo is under a lot of strain.

"She wanted to give Ronnie another chance to fight for his marriage. But the future is looking bleak."

Ronnie, who flew back to London accompanied by son Jesse, 30, in a private jet paid for by artist and pal Damien Hirst, is expected to remain in rehab for the next two months.

Katia - who he met in a seedy escort bar - is holed up in East London, where she ventured out to the shops yesterday.

In an interview while the pair were in Ireland, the star - on two bottles of vodka a day - spoke of his booze struggles.

He said: "That's always been the problem with me. I find it hard to say no.

"A friend came over. I hadn't seen him for years so we had a few drinks. It ended up being seven in the morning."

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #31 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 8:06am
FotiniD wrote on Jul 21st, 2008 at 1:55am:

Well, truth be told, the Stones were always a LOT about that...  Being that way when you're in your twenties or thirties is of course different than being like that in your sixties, but I suppose there's not much that can be done.

Hey I dont like the Stones because of their Family Values. Its rock and roll kids plain and simple.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #32 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 8:22am
gimmekeef wrote on Jul 21st, 2008 at 8:06am:

Well, truth be told, the Stones were always a LOT about that...  Being that way when you're in your twenties or thirties is of course different than being like that in your sixties, but I suppose there's not much that can be done.

Hey I dont like the Stones because of their Family Values. Its rock and roll kids plain and simple.

I know it's early but post of the week.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #33 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 9:08am
" Instead Ronnie, 61, is pining to see 19-year-old model Ekaterina Ivanova - the girl he whisked off to his Ireland bolt-hole.

"Ronnie's off the booze. But it's Katia he's been asking for and Katia he wants to be with. "

Gold Rings on Ya Mate !!!!!

The younger the better . Word .

J " Snuggles " Fly !

« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2008 at 9:12am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

FotiniD
Rocks Off Regular

ROCC & RO..ll...

Athens, Greece
Reply #34 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 9:10am

Well, truth be told, the Stones were always a LOT about that...  Being that way when you're in your twenties or thirties is of course different than being like that in your sixties, but I suppose there's not much that can be done.

Hey, I was just saying...
The bad boy poster image may be popular among us fans, but it's a whole other story when it comes to these guys' families themselves.
And if you ask me, it's rather sad if a man approaching his sixties, or past them, has bought his own image.

FotiniD  
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #35 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 9:13am

" Hey, I was just saying...
The bad boy poster image may be popular among us fans, but it's a whole other story when it comes to these guys' families themselves.
And if you ask me, it's rather sad if a man approaching his sixties, or past them, has bought his own image. "

I am so happy for Ronnie .

I really do believe he has found true love .

I am so happy that I am crying . I do not know why I am so happy !!!

'kins

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #36 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 9:19am
By Ronald.

Ronald Wood used to party backstage with Keith Moon during the Who Put The Boot In tour.  They used to slam Guinness and make noises into the sound system.
« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2008 at 9:20am by sirmoonie »  

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #37 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 9:48am

" Ronald Wood used to party backstage with Keith Moon during the Who Put The Boot In tour.  They used to slam Guinness and make noises into the sound system "

********** NEW MATERIAL ALERT !!!! ***************

Thanks SirMoonie !!!

I like this painting .  Thirty Years gone and we STILL miss him so ............

.....then again  , he never really left us ! :

Keith taught the world that is does not cost anything to love .

« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2008 at 9:50am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #38 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 9:53am
suicide is so kewl.....

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #39 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 10:14am
Joey wrote on Jul 21st, 2008 at 9:48am:

" Ronald Wood used to party backstage with Keith Moon during the Who Put The Boot In tour.  They used to slam Guinness and make noises into the sound system "

********** NEW MATERIAL ALERT !!!! ***************

Thanks SirMoonie !!!

I like this painting .  Thirty Years gone and we STILL miss him so ............

.....then again  , he never really left us ! :

Keith taught the world that is does not cost anything to love .

Its true Joe, Keith Moon was an honorary American in that regard.  Sometimes I wonder just what Keith Moon would think of all these events that have transpired in recent years?  Hmmmm? 

Ours not to reason why, I suppose.  Shades of Tennyson.  Shades of the Light Brigade.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #40 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 10:25am

"   Sometimes I wonder just what Keith Moon would think of all these events that have transpired in recent years?  "

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #41 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 10:58am
Conan had a joke- Ron Wood knew he had a drinking problem when he ran off with a 19 year old russian cocktail waitress, most guys would consider that a drinking success.

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #42 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 11:25am
sirmoonie wrote on Jul 21st, 2008 at 10:14am:
[quote

Ours not to reason why, I suppose.  Shades of Tennyson.  Shades of the Light Brigade.

Ahhhh, Tennyson. Shades of my high school senior English lit class. I loved that stuff...Smiley

"When you change with every new day, still I'm going to miss you, Brian"

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #43 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 11:37am
Sioux wrote on Jul 21st, 2008 at 11:25am:
sirmoonie wrote on Jul 21st, 2008 at 10:14am:
[quote

Ours not to reason why, I suppose.  Shades of Tennyson.  Shades of the Light Brigade.

Ahhhh, Tennyson. Shades of my high school senior English lit class. I loved that stuff...Smiley

Did you check out any Elbow?

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #44 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 11:38am
FotiniD wrote on Jul 21st, 2008 at 9:10am:

Hey, I was just saying...
And if you ask me, it's rather sad if a man approaching his sixties, or past them, has bought his own image.

I understand your point and tend to agree with you.But its not like these guys hide anything.You know when you sign on theres risks.Plus they have lived a pretty nice lifestyle off the bands income.My hunch is Ronnie will again slip ny this and be back with Jo...only to relapse again as MM mentioned every rehab trip makes the next one more inevitable.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #45 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 12:40pm
" what turns me off to the stones is the hedonistic me me me quality of the band, not taking into account or considering the pain they inflict on others.  

my turnoff to ronnie is the affair which seems a fantasy to him, that he is trying to suck off the youth that is before him,. because he is unable to accept his age, that he must always be ON and beautiful and young himself to feel a viable human being, and I blame the media crap for this and for us all, which is a crock of shit, obviously there is an unease in him accepting that we all get older and it tursn me off that he cannot accept that as a man, because so many men are uanble to segue into it now and that it is a turn on to be happy with where you are and a turnoff to be trying to be somethig you are not. and a turnoff to turn your back on those that love you  ... "

And now we all understand why Ronnie ran off with this beautiful young Russian

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #46 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 12:55pm
Ouch!

piss off

Are you fucking serious?

i bet keef is pissed.  he likes jo

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #47 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 1:46pm

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #48 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 4:11pm
Update, Joey has entered into gay rehab.

IP Logged

stonedinaustralia
Rocks Off Regular

wake up crackers or we
all through!!

Reply #49 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 7:05pm
Joey wrote on Jul 21st, 2008 at 12:40pm:
And now we all understand why Ronnie ran off with this beautiful young Russian

that's posting!!

hey Joey i have lost my link to the pic of our bemused friend in the blue jacket - can you post it for me thanks?!

isn't it great that in an ever-changing world we can still rely on the stones to pique even outrage some peoples sense of propriety or indeed "petty morality" and these days it would seem even within the ranks of their own fans

me - i'm reserving my  judgment on it all (for whatever that is worth)

anyway  here's one view of it i found out there - moon approved it seems -

Ronnie Wood still knows how to rock
 17/07/2008

(What's this?)Just as knife crime, recession, global warming, gluttonous politicians and health fascists threaten to suck us all into a bog of terminal despondency we find a tale to make our hearts leap.

Ronnie Wood's 11-day booze bender with a Russian barmaid 42 years his junior. What a joyous, life-affirming story.

What a much-needed reminder of those long-lost hellraisers like Oliver Reed, Richard Burton and Keith Moon, who ignored the damage to their health and focused on life's one certainty: soon their battered livers, like all the healthy ones, would be worm food.

In these Health and Safety, PRdriven, PC-sapping times, our world cries out for colourful characters.

And any 61-year-old who scarpers from his missus, drinks two bottles of vodka a day and manages to get it on with a 19-year-old, is colourful.

While Amy Winehouse's father begs her to go to rehab, there is something wonderfully anarchic about a near-pensioner being begged by his kids to do the same.

And eventually being dragged in, under duress, no doubt complaining:

"I don't want to end up being a boring bastard like Clapton."

I've had enough of rock stars giving up the booze because of their "demons" (look where it got your career Robbie Williams) or lecturing us about the need to give our cash to end famine (Bono) while they pour millions into another tax loophole or anti-ageing aid.

I'm tired of post-therapy rockers lecturing the young about the evils of wild-living, telling them to reject drink and stay clean. In other words: I've had my fun, but you can't have yours.

In a bland world full of healthkick prudes like James Blunt, Chris Martin and Sting, how glorious to see Ronnie Wood remind them that a rock star's job is growing old disgracefully while reminding lesser mortals how God dealt them four aces.

Wood doesn't fill football stadia singing phoney lyrics about a rock 'n' roll lifestyle before shuffling off to bed with a mug of Ovaltine.

He lives out the songs. Ah, but what about his poor wife Jo, say disgusted critics. Well hang on. When Wood pulled her she knew he was already married and having an affair with George Harrison's wife Pattie Boyd.

She also knew of his insatiable thirst. She even snorted a line of cocaine off the bonnet of his Rolls-Royce en route to their wedding.

She's been happily living with the rock chick tag for decades and she surely didn't imagine he'd spend his 60s playing dominoes down his allotment. Ah, they add, but what about the shame he's heaping on his grown-up kids? It could be worse. He could be Max Mosley.

This depressing world is crying out for more Ronnie Woods. Big characters who choose to go raging into the night, and give us a smile along the way.

Thanks for reminding us what we were missing, Ronnie.

And, more importantly, thanks for showing us the point of Amy Winehouse.

« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2008 at 7:10pm by stonedinaustralia »  

"you can see it against the girl's crocheted dress"

IP Logged

Deathgod
Rocks Off Regular

as Daethgod

Reply #50 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 7:13pm
http://www.tonight.co.za/index.php?fArticleId=4518327&fSectionId=354&fSetId=251

Nudie pics of Ronnie's 'lover' surface
July 21, 2008

Topless photographs of Ronnie Wood's alleged Russian girlfriend have emerged.

The pictures show Ekaterina Ivanova, 20, sprawled on a bed topless, giving the thumbs up, while another shows her lifting her top to reveal her breasts.

The photos were taken by Ekaterina’s ex-boyfriend Will Jones, who admits he can understand why the married Rolling Stones guitarist was attracted to her.

Will - who met Ekaterina in a London nightclub and enjoyed a three month romance with her two years ago - told Britain’s The Sun newspaper how Ekaterina was eager to pose for the raunchy pictures just hours after they had met, saying: "We went back to my parent’s house and went up to my bedroom. We made love and afterwards we were fooling around and I got out my camera. We'd only just met but when I suggested taking some photos she thought it was hilarious.

"She had a stunning body, you can see why Ronnie fell for her. Ekaterina is a beautiful girl but she has a great sense of humour too."

Cocktail waitress Ekaterina eloped to Ronnie’s Irish house for a drinking binge two weeks ago.

Since Ronnie, 61, and Ekaterina returned to England last Tuesday, she has been in hiding, while Ronnie has checked himself into a rehab clinic for the sixth time to treat his alcohol problems.

Ronnie is reportedly trying to get clean in an attempt to win his wife of 23 years, Jo, back.

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #51 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 7:45pm

This kid's 18.
She's 19.
Or 20.

Ronnie's dumped Jo - or vice versa.
Ronnie's trying to get back together with Jo - or vice versa.

I hope the one thing in this entire sordid tabloid mess that is factual is that Ronnie's in rehab...
« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2008 at 7:49pm by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

steeldrivinghammer
Ex Member

Reply #52 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 7:50pm
Rehab works if you work it, trust me...

Ronnie?

IP Logged

Brainbell Jangler
Rocks Off Regular

Portland, OR
Reply #53 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 8:34pm
I regret to report to those who have not opened the posted link that it contains no "nudie" shots of hot Russian babe-ettes.  Don't waste your time.

"The ROLLING STONES are more than just a group--they are a way of life."--Andrew Loog Oldham

IP Logged

steeldrivinghammer
Ex Member

Reply #54 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 8:36pm
paBrainbell Jangler wrote on Jul 21st, 2008 at 8:34pm:
I regret to report to those who have not opened the posted link that it contains no "nudie" shots of hot Russian babe-ettes.  Don't waste your time.

IP Logged

robpop
Rocks Off Regular

My name is called disturbance!

City of Champions
Reply #55 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 8:42pm
Brainbell Jangler wrote on Jul 21st, 2008 at 8:34pm:
I regret to report to those who have not opened the posted link that it contains no "nudie" shots of hot Russian babe-ettes.  Don't waste your time.

All you had to do is ask:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1448361.ece
« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2008 at 9:21pm by robpop »  

...&&&&...

IP Logged

FotiniD
Rocks Off Regular

ROCC & RO..ll...

Athens, Greece
Reply #56 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 1:44am
stonedinaustralia wrote on Jul 21st, 2008 at 7:05pm:
Ronnie Wood still knows how to rock
  17/07/2008

This depressing world is crying out for more Ronnie Woods. Big characters who choose to go raging into the night, and give us a smile along the way.

Thanks for reminding us what we were missing, Ronnie.

And, more importantly, thanks for showing us the point of Amy Winehouse.

Oh my dear SIA, I don't think it's the "morality" of it all - the very word has negative, pretentious tones attached to it. Jo might have known what she was getting into - when she was 20 years old. A LOT of time has passed since then. People grow. This article is quite suggestive of what I've been thinking lately with Ronnie's news: It's like we as fans or the press expect for rock stars to go out and get drunk, go wild, cheat, burn a city down and jump off the roof of a building, so we can watch, just because we know we can't afford to do so. It's like a safe bet. We encourage this and we cheer and we like it, we attribute it all to pure rock 'n' roll, but I bet you very few - if none at all - of us would even dare accept or do half of the things we pretend to like or applaud so much.

And again, it's a whole different thing when you're young and another story when you're supposedly older and wiser, not to mention when you have kids. If Ronnie wasn't famous or a Rolling Stone, have no doubt that this sort of behaviour would cast him as a totally irresponsible, bad father. Now it's just r 'n r. You don't treat a woman who's been by your side through all the shit you've put her up with and you certainly don't treat your own children like that. That said, my intention is not to judge him. I'm just sad to see him behaving like that and destroying all that means something to him for a fling or another drink.

FotiniD  
IP Logged

stonedinaustralia
Rocks Off Regular

wake up crackers or we
all through!!

Reply #57 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 2:21am
hi Fotini - as i said i am not going to commit my self to any particular point of view - tho I will agree there is something a little undignified about it all - but perhaps that says more about my own middle class morality than it does about ronnie

one thing i would say is this, and i can speak from some experience, and that is regarding the comment recently attributed to ronnie that he believed "his marriage ended five years ago" - if true that, to me, would indicate one of the major reasons (not necessarily an excuse you understand) for his drinking problems . while hitting the booze may not be the best solution to being in a relationship you're not happy in it is an all too familiar (if some what misguided) escape route. or i could be completely wrong - maybe ronnie just really enjoys getting plastered.
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2008 at 6:32pm by stonedinaustralia »  

IP Logged

Deathgod
Rocks Off Regular

as Daethgod

Reply #58 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 5:39am
http://www.russiatoday.ru/features/news/27839

July 22, 2008, 9:28
Tabloids hound tragic Ronnie and Russian mistress

Ageing Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood is still hitting the headlines in the UK over his alleged affair with a Russian teenager.

The story of 18-year-old Ekaterina Ivanova and rock legend Wood, aged 61,  has exploded across the British tabloids, and is being widely-portrayed as tragic and inappropriate.

The newspapers are all over this love story, padding it out with fresh details every day.  Most of the details, however, do not hold water.

The pair allegedly met in The Capricorn, a private members bar in London.  Non-members are only allowed in at the manager’s discretion.

The club’s manager Buster James dismisses claims they met in his bar.

“It’s not true at all. She has never worked here and he has never been down here. It is been going on for about a week now. Papers will persist on it, but I told them a million times it’s not here and they seem to carry on with the story. It’s beyond me, to be honest”, Mr James said.

The paparazzi followed the couple to Ireland where they stayed in Ronnie Wood’s house in County Kildare.  That was before he checked into rehab.

The media say Ekaterina helped him fall off the wagon.  Meanwhile the papers say he is hoping to save his marriage of 23-years.

Ekaterina’s mother is distraught by what she says are lies about her daughter in the media. She does not want to talk to anyone and just hopes that it will all settle down soon.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #59 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 6:16am
left shoe shuffle wrote on Jul 21st, 2008 at 7:45pm:
This kid's 18.
She's 19.
Or 20.

Ronnie's dumped Jo - or vice versa.
Ronnie's trying to get back together with Jo - or vice versa.

She's also from Russia, The Ukraine AND Kazakhstan it seems.

..and then there's the wide variety of reports as to what exactly she does for a living - apart from rely on rich alcoholic rock stars to fund her alcohol addiction

... ... ...
IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #60 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 6:24am
Hello my dear friend SIA!

Its always so nice to read your posts.  I'd like to comment that your observations can go together- Ron's marriage may be deadAND he ENjoys getting snookered.

Also, I wish to make another observation---Ron has admitted to being bored, and drinking when bored.   I think that  boredom is just the flipside of depression.   Maybe Ron's depressed, and he's self medicating with booze and young babes.

IP Logged

MaineMotels
Ex Member

Reply #61 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 6:41am
Maybe not this girl, but the sex trade human fodder has been eastern European and Russian girls since the collapse of the Berlin wall.

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #62 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 6:54am
LOL or  Blank Frigging Stare Already posted by Gazza but added here to increase this collection of articles

The Rolling Stones tour without Wood

NDTVmusic.com
Tuesday, July 22, 2008: (London) :

The Rolling Stones are considering going ahead with their upcoming tour without Ronnie Wood.

There have been rumours that Wood had left his wife, Jo, for a 20-year-old Russian waitress.

Mick Jagger, reportedly wants to carry on with the forthcoming tour, even if it means leaving Wood at home.

According to a source, "Mick officially becomes a pensioner (retire) at the end of July and Keith (Richards) at the end of the year, and I think Mick wants to get another tour under his belt in case it gets to the point where he can't do any more."

"Ronnie has always had his drink and drug problems but his marriage was rock solid. What's happened now is just something else and Mick and everyone can't quite believe it. Mick is still dead set on going on tour and has even said that they will do the gigs without Ronnie if it comes to it," adds the source.

http://www.ndtvmusic.com/story.asp?id=ENTEN20080058155
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2008 at 7:00am by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland »  

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #63 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 7:00am
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Jul 22nd, 2008 at 6:54am:
LOL or  Blank Frigging Stare

The Rolling Stones tour without Wood

NDTVmusic.com
Tuesday, July 22, 2008: (London) :

The Rolling Stones are considering going ahead with their upcoming tour without Ronnie Wood.

There have been rumours that Wood had left his wife, Jo, for a 20-year-old Russian waitress.

Mick Jagger, reportedly wants to carry on with the forthcoming tour, even if it means leaving Wood at home.

According to a source, "Mick officially becomes a pensioner (retire) at the end of July and Keith (Richards) at the end of the year, and I think Mick wants to get another tour under his belt in case it gets to the point where he can't do any more."

"Ronnie has always had his drink and drug problems but his marriage was rock solid. What's happened now is just something else and Mick and everyone can't quite believe it. Mick is still dead set on going on tour and has even said that they will do the gigs without Ronnie if it comes to it," adds the source.

http://www.ndtvmusic.com/story.asp?id=ENTEN20080058155

damn, it just keeps getting more bizarre.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #64 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 8:21am

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #65 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 10:25am
Joey wrote on Jul 22nd, 2008 at 8:21am:
All you had to do is ask:

... !!!!!

Man the old boyfriend sure is becoming a pain in the ass, someone ought to pay him off soon he hopes

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #66 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 10:32am
" Man the old boyfriend sure is becoming a pain in the ass, someone ought to pay him off soon he hopes "

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #67 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 11:51am

Jul 22nd, 2008 at 11:51am    Shocked

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #68 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 11:58am
Tumbled wrote on Jul 22nd, 2008 at 11:51am:

Jul 22nd, 2008 at 11:51am    Shocked

where is that?

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #69 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 3:06pm
Well I dont judge RONNIE or anyone else for their lifestyle choices ~ I accept people as they are, right or wrong ~ live and let live, you only go around once ~ of course I hope RONNIE is happy with his choices ~ but I doubt he is. The alcoholic symptoms are obvious, fvck up, apologise and swear it off, fvck up again, apologise again, you see a pattern here? I dont think MICK would actually act this way about Ronnie considering all of his flings with younger women, but maybe he is putting THE STONES first and is losing faith in Woody at this point. The good news is (if it's true) that MICK WANTS ANOTHER TOUR!

THE ROLLING STONES are considering going ahead with their upcoming tour without troubled guitarist RONNIE WOOD.
Wood entered rehab last week (16Jul08) for the second time in a month amid rumours he had left his wife, Jo, for a 20-year-old Russian waitress.
And frontman Mick Jagger, 64, is reportedly keen to continue with the band's forthcoming tour of Europe - even if it means leaving Wood at home.
A source tells British newspaper The Daily Express, "Mick officially becomes a pensioner (retire) at the end of July and Keith (Richards) at the end of the year, and I think Mick wants to get another tour under his belt in case it gets to the point where he can't do any more.
"Ronnie has always had his drink and drug problems but his marriage was rock solid: Jo kept him together.
"What's happened now is just something else and Mick and everyone can't quite believe it. Mick is still dead set on going on tour and has even said that they will do the gigs without Ronnie if it comes to it."

from Contactmusic.com

07/22/2008 07:19:05 AM

IP Logged

BodySlammer
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #70 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 3:40pm
Let the man boogie-woogie! It´s all between him, Jo and that girl anyway...

On tabloid journalists/photographers I think El got it just right...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmVUaI-ksPg

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #71 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 4:15pm
"  The good news is (if it's true) that MICK WANTS ANOTHER TOUR!  "

< ----- Amen . BITCH !

Oh Lil' Buddy ( Lil' Fijikins  )    ... you BAD !

Joe Sea Scroll

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #72 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 4:20pm
Some Guy wrote on Jul 22nd, 2008 at 11:58am:
Tumbled wrote on Jul 22nd, 2008 at 11:51am:

Jul 22nd, 2008 at 11:51am    Shocked

where is that?

that's the perfect wave in my mind which is where I go when I think of the absolute mess that R*** is making

no its in Kauai

http://www.seehawaiilive.com/skr-cam.cfm

« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2008 at 4:43pm by Tumbled »  

IP Logged

stonedinaustralia
Rocks Off Regular

wake up crackers or we
all through!!

Reply #73 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 6:35pm
Factory Girl wrote on Jul 22nd, 2008 at 6:24am:
Hello my dear friend SIA!

Its always so nice to read your posts.  

well thank you my dear K. - the feeling is entirely mutual  Smiley

IP Logged

fireontheplatter
Ex Member

Reply #74 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 6:52pm
the 18-19 or 20 year old is going to write a book about this affair and make millions.

IP Logged

Deathgod
Rocks Off Regular

as Daethgod

Reply #75 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 7:28pm
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article1457776.ece

RONNIE WOOD’s fall off the wagon looks set to scupper a story he was writing with THE MIGHTY BOOSH.

Comic NOEL FIELDING and the hellraising ROLLING STONES guitarist had been collaborating on a new version of children’s story Where The Wild Things Are, to be featured in a new Mighty Boosh book.

The original, by MAURICE SENDAK, is a kids’ classic — I loved it when I was a nipper.

It’s about a boy named Max who is sent to his room without supper for making mischief in his wolf costume.

He then dreams up a mythical forest where he is the king of the Wild Things, but gets lonely and comes home to find his supper waiting for him in his bedroom.
Fling

It’s quite apt for Ronnie, given his wayward lifestyle since his fling with Russian lover EKATERINA IVANOVA.

Until now, the rocker and the comic — both skilled artists — had made good headway on the project which centred on Ronnie’s journey to a wild fantasy land.

Sounds like a normal night out with fellow Stone KEEF RICHARDS.

Noel wanted his and Ron’s take on the story to be the centre-piece of The Mighty Book Of Boosh, due out on September 18.

But work on the lavish tribute has ground to a halt while the rock wildman tries to sober up. Fielding may now be forced to scrap the entire project.

Advertisement

A source said: “Ronnie and Noel had been motoring along quite happily.

“They’ve come up with some fantastic illustrations and the project was well on course to being a major part of the book.

“But, with Ronnie back on the booze and shacked up out of the country, he is uncontactable and deadlines are looming.

“Noel’s been pulling his hair out as he really wants to finish their work together, but he admits it’s looking likely they’ll have to shelve that section of the book.”

Rockers THE THIRST have the hump with Ronnie, too.

The band — on the Stone’s record label, Wooden — have had to put their current plans on ice while Wood isolates himself.

They were Ronnie’s first signing and, with the label chief out of action, it means, in effect, they are too.

Their first album was out in May. But since Ron got stuck into white Russians of both kinds, progress has stalled.

Ronnie better sort his act out soon, or the consequences will be worse than being sent to bed without any supper.

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #76 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 7:54pm
please help me i'm being held hostage against my will!!!!-Ron Wood's Liver..........

IP Logged

open-g
Rocks Off Regular

Silence is golden, Duct
tape is silver

Berlin
Reply #77 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 10:43am
An Anti-binge drinking advert, shown on channel 4 in the UK, I believe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jftfU30xJg

a bit Amy like - will they make a Ronnie-like one?

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #78 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 11:02am
How long has Ronald been collaborating with The Mighty Boosh?

The Mighty Boosh.  Boooooooosh.  Boooooooooooooooooooosh!

Yeah.

Yes!

Boosh.

Ladies and Gentlemen........Woodrow and THE MIGHTY BOOSH!!!!!!  HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #79 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 4:13pm
Guess it was just a matter of time...

Link: http://www.stuff.co.nz/4627118a5620.html

Rude pics emerge of Ronnie's Russian girl
Wednesday, 23 July 2008

Topless photographs of Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood’s alleged Russian girlfriend have emerged.

The pictures show Ekaterina Ivanova, 20, sprawled on a bed topless, giving the thumbs up, while another shows her lifting her top to reveal her breasts.

The photos were taken by Ekaterina’s ex-boyfriend Will Jones, who admits he can understand why the married Rolling Stones guitarist was attracted to her.

Will - who met Ekaterina in a London nightclub and enjoyed a three month romance with her two years ago - told Britain’s The Sun newspaper how Ekaterina was eager to pose for the raunchy pictures just hours after they had met.

He said: “We went back to my parent’s house and went up to my bedroom. We made love and afterwards we were fooling around and I got out my camera. We’d only just met but when I suggested taking some photos she thought it was hilarious.

“She had a stunning body, you can see why Ronnie fell for her. Ekaterina is a beautiful girl but she has a great sense of humour too.”

Cocktail waitress Ekaterina eloped to Ronnie’s Irish house for a drinking binge two weeks ago.

Since Ronnie, 61, and Ekaterina returned to England last Tuesday, she has been in hiding, while Ronnie has checked himself into a rehab clinic for the sixth time to treat his alcohol problems.

Ronnie is reportedly trying to get clean in a bid to win his wife of 23 years, Jo, back.

« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2008 at 4:18pm by GotToRollMe »  

"She delivers right on time,&&I can't resist a corny line, &&But take the shine right off your shoes"&&&&"When I die I want to be burned and blown up Gazza's ass. Is he up for that? Is he a true stones fan. I know Voodoo would do it." - TomL '07&&...        ...        ...          ...          ...&&..'til the wheels come off...

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #80 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 4:28pm
I googled "Ekaterina Ivanova Nude" and got this as the first image...

I'm going to try topless and tits next...

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #81 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 4:32pm
Oh Snap!!! Best article and uncensored nude pics... Read the article, Gazza is in rehab with Ronnie!!!

"Sources said Gazza, 41, paid a visit to wish Ronnie well, while also being treated at the London clinic. Meanwhile Ekaterina was spotted outside Burger King in Camden, North London, yesterday."

HAHAHA!!!!

IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #82 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 4:35pm
Pdog wrote on Jul 23rd, 2008 at 4:32pm:
Oh Snap!!! Best article and uncensored nude pics... Read the article, Gazza is in rehab with Ronnie!!!

"Sources said Gazza, 41, paid a visit to wish Ronnie well, while also being treated at the London clinic. Meanwhile Ekaterina was spotted outside Burger King in Camden, North London, yesterday."

HAHAHA!!!!

I knew if anyone could find those pics it'd be you, Pdog!  Smiley

"She delivers right on time,&&I can't resist a corny line, &&But take the shine right off your shoes"&&&&"When I die I want to be burned and blown up Gazza's ass. Is he up for that? Is he a true stones fan. I know Voodoo would do it." - TomL '07&&...        ...        ...          ...          ...&&..'til the wheels come off...

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #83 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 4:47pm
GotToRollMe wrote on Jul 23rd, 2008 at 4:35pm:
Pdog wrote on Jul 23rd, 2008 at 4:32pm:

HAHAHA!!!!

I knew if anyone could find those pics it'd be you, Pdog!  Smiley

I can also make a crack pipe out of a toothpick and a shoelace. You never know, certain skills come in handy at times!

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #84 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 4:53pm
Goodness gracious, she is quite literally buck ass nekkid.

The Mighty Boosh.

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #85 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 4:56pm
sirmoonie wrote on Jul 23rd, 2008 at 4:53pm:
Goodness gracious, she is quite literally buck ass nekkid.

The Mighty Boosh.

If I fell off the wagon, and she was drinking with me, it wouldn't take a psychic to see a divorce lawyer and a rehab down the road...

She is really cute in most of the pics...

I don't drink, masturbate all day and then have sex with my wife every night. I do not need a rehab or a lawyer!!!

IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #86 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 5:20pm
Link: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1448361.ece

Eka is Ron's Russian bare

By TOM WELLS
Published: 21 Jul 2008

BUSTY Ekaterina Ivanova shows the charms that lured Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood into bed.

The 20-year-old posed topless for these racy photos just MINUTES after bedding geeky ex-lover Will Jones for the first time.

Whoppers ... Eka in London yesterday

In one raunchy snap, Ekaterina – who sloped off to Ireland with married Ronnie two weeks ago – gives a cheeky thumbs-up to the camera while lying naked in bed.

In another, the Moscow-born temptress lifts up her jumper to flash her boobs.

Fling ... Ronnie Wood with Ekaterina

Nerd

On Saturday we told how Harry Potter lookalike Will, 22, began dating Ekaterina two years ago after the pair met in a London nightclub.

She romped with the computer nerd at his parents’ home in Brighton only hours after meeting him for the first time.

Last night Will recalled: “We went back to my parents’ house and went up to my bedroom.

“We made love and afterwards we were fooling around and I got out my camera. We’d only just met but when I suggested taking some photos she thought it was hilarious.

Russian exposed ... she poses for snap by geeky Will

“She let me take pictures of her lying in my bed naked. And when she’d got dressed she pulled up her top and showed her boobs again.

“She had a stunning body – you can see why Ronnie fell for her.”

Will added: “Ekaterina is a beautiful girl but she’s got a great sense of humour too.

“I used to make her laugh by doing Alan Partridge impressions.”

Ronnie, 61, is now in rehab after returning to the UK last week following the fling with Ekaterina. Pals say the multi-millionaire guitarist is desperate to save his 23-year marriage to ex-model wife Jo, 53.

Snaps ... Will Jones

Yesterday it was claimed that Jumping Jack Flash rocker Ronnie had been visited in The Priory by troubled former England football ace Paul Gascoigne.

Sources said Gazza, 41, paid a visit to wish Ronnie well, while also being treated at the London clinic. Meanwhile Ekaterina was spotted outside Burger King in Camden, North London, yesterday.

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #87 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 5:23pm
Geek gets laid should be the headline, who cares about Ronnie!!!

Holy crap...  That dude better be smart, he can pull major tail off this for a year or two...

IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #88 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 5:27pm
Pdog wrote on Jul 23rd, 2008 at 4:47pm:
I can also make a crack pipe out of a toothpick and a shoelace. You never know, certain skills come in handy at times!

Damn, yer a regular boy scout of mayhem. I wanna be on your side when the shit hits the fan!

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #89 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 5:30pm
GotToRollMe wrote on Jul 23rd, 2008 at 5:27pm:
Pdog wrote on Jul 23rd, 2008 at 4:47pm:

Damn, yer a regular boy scout of mayhem. I wanna be on your side when the shit hits the fan!

I throw shit at fans, pre-emptive strikes, then I show people what to do when the shit hits the fan, and charge them alot of money to do it. I sound like a Republican!!!

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #90 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 5:35pm
Jesus, Ronald.  Losing a cute Ruskie to that fish fry dweeb.  There's the rock bottom all you Temperance Movement types were praying for.  Total humiliationism.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #91 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 9:40pm

< ----- Gold Rings on Ya Mate !

IP Logged

Deathgod
Rocks Off Regular

as Daethgod

Reply #92 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 2:17am

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/world-news/ronnie-wood-wants-to-keep-both-mi...

Ronnie Wood wants to keep both mistress and wife

July 24th, 2008 - 2:01 pm ICT by IANS

London, July 24 (IANS) Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood claims he wants to save his marriage but also wants to keep seeing his Russian girlfriend Ekaterina Ivanova. Thesun.co.uk reports that Wood is in rehab and told fellow patients: “I love my wife, but I have a girlfriend and I love her too.”

Wood is seeking treatment for alcohol, drug and sex addiction and his wife Jo has refused to visit him. She is still distraught about her husband’s affair with Ivanova.

A source said: “He’s on the Full Monty here - he’s being treated for everything. He isn’t allowed a phone or any contact with the outside world for now. He is having open therapy sessions and explained he has a wife and a girlfriend and that he loves them both. It’s very strange but it’s just how he sees it. He’s looking a lot better and is very chipper.”

Wood is seeking his family’s support. After his affair was revealed, he told his staff that he would need at least six weeks to get over his problems.

The source added: “He thinks the whole affair scenario has been blown out of proportion, but that’s part of his problem.”

Meanwhile Ivanova was spotted reading a love note which could have been from him.

The handwritten note said: “Know that I’m thinking lovely things about you.” She was spotted smiling as she read the note walking outside her home with a friend.

The note said at the bottom: “It’s hard work in here.”

IP Logged

Deathgod
Rocks Off Regular

as Daethgod

Reply #93 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 2:21am
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1463440.ece

Ron to Russian with love

RONNIE Wood’s Russian girlfriend giggles as she reads a soppy love note thought to be from the boozy rocker.
The handwritten letter to pretty Ekaterina Ivanova said: “Know that I’m thinking lovely things about you.”

Ekaterina, 20, smiled when she read the note as she walked outside her flat with a male pal.

Street writing man ... love letter

She laughed when she saw the writer had also drawn a heartshaped smiley face with a beard on the small piece of paper.

And at the bottom, the writer added: “It’s HARD work in here” – suggesting it may have been sent by Ronnie, who is in rehab battling a booze addiction.

An onlooker said: “Eka was smiling and giggling when she read the love letter as all teenage girls would if a boyfriend wrote them a note.

“It’s strange to think it could be from a man more than 40 years older than her.”

Cocktail waitress Ekaterina wore a short red-chequered dress, a cardigan and black plimsolls when she left the shabby flat in Camden, North London, yesterday.

She previously said she loves Rolling Stone star Ronnie, 61, and plans to stand by him as he battles an addiction to alcohol.

Advertisement

Our revelations that Ronnie had left his wife Jo, 53, to go on a three-week bender with Eka in Ireland shook the music world.

Last week, The Sun revealed the couple are still in touch after we discovered her back in London.

Ekaterina said: “I need to speak to Ronnie. My life’s been turned upside down by all this.”

Pals say Ronnie still hopes to save his 23-year marriage to ex-model Jo even though she told him it was over.

Ekaterina’s mother Irina said her daughter – who met Ronnie in a seedy escort bar in April – loves the rocker “because of his personality”.
« Last Edit: Jul 24th, 2008 at 2:22am by Deathgod »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #94 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 6:42am
Pdog wrote on Jul 23rd, 2008 at 4:28pm:
I googled "Ekaterina Ivanova Nude" and got this as the first image...

Serves you right, you dirty bastard. However, you were hoping your search would lead to a 'Woody' so at least you were successful.

>I'm going to try topless and tits next...

The pic of Woody would again suggest your success for a 'tit' was fruitful.
« Last Edit: Jul 24th, 2008 at 6:47am by Gazza »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

MaineMotels
Ex Member

Reply #95 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 8:20am
"Ekaterina’s mother Irina said her daughter – who met Ronnie in a seedy escort bar in April – loves the rocker “because of his personality”. "

"seedy" escort bar???? Why would Woody hang out in a seedy place?? Not all escort bars, massage parlors and gentlemen's clubs are "seedy."
Mark's Showplace which used to operate in Westbrook Me, was a high end and classy place. Hell they even had private lap dance rooms.
« Last Edit: Jul 24th, 2008 at 8:24am by Ten Thousand Motels »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #96 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 8:59am
" London, July 24 (IANS) Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood claims he wants to save his marriage but also wants to keep seeing his Russian girlfriend Ekaterina Ivanova. Thesun.co.uk reports that Wood is in rehab and told fellow patients: “I love my wife, but I have a girlfriend and I love her too.”

Yeah ---- Damn Straight Ronnie . Monogamy friggin SUCKS ( In fact , it is absolutely cruel and unusual punishment ).

They sure make a lovely couple :

« Last Edit: Jul 24th, 2008 at 9:00am by Joey »  

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #97 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 9:11am
My experienced eye detects no trace of DTs in that handwritten note.

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #98 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 9:17am
christ. he wants to keep his marriage and bang some 19yr old on the side? is he moving to utah?

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #99 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 9:21am
Will Eka go all Yoko on Ronald?

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #100 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 9:23am
sirmoonie wrote on Jul 24th, 2008 at 9:21am:
Will Eka go all Yoko on Ronald?

There's two Ono's from Japan who worshipped Ronnie during The Licks tour. Wouldn't it be weird if they shot him...?

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #101 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 9:26am
I wash my hands of this whole thing.

IP Logged

open-g
Rocks Off Regular

Silence is golden, Duct
tape is silver

Berlin
Reply #102 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 9:28am
Love letter?

on the backside I read:

Postoffice stamps
Sainsbury margarine
bread, milk, coffee
Cat litter

the other I couldn't read...

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #103 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 9:34am
" christ. he wants to keep his marriage and bang some 19yr old on the side? "

< ---- What is wrong with that ?!

Man , you SAID it Lil' Fella ( Lil' Fijikins ...... Oh , Little Fiji   .... Lil' ..... Little Fijikins !!! )

It is what we are on this PLANET for my Stonesian Brothers & Sisters !!!!

" Live Life to its fullest Ronnie !!! "

Joey 'kins

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #104 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 9:35am
" I wash my hands of this whole thing "

... !!!!!

IP Logged

Holden
Rocks Off Regular

Tampa Bay
Reply #105 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 10:39am
He's not gonna stay clean for long if he keeps hanging with the girl.

mrhipfl  
IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #106 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 10:47am
Deathgod wrote on Jul 24th, 2008 at 2:17am:

Oh fer fuckssake. What an asshole.
Get a grip, Ron.

IP Logged

MaineMotels
Ex Member

Reply #107 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 10:52am
GotToRollMe wrote on Jul 24th, 2008 at 10:47am:
[quote author=Deathgod link=1216556103/75#92 date=1216883858]

Just keep the bedrooms / bathrooms separate. It should work out fine.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #108 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 11:30am

" Just keep the bedrooms / bathrooms separate. It should work out fine. "

This makes young Joey smile .

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #109 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 12:12pm
[MaineMotels [/quote]

Just keep the bedrooms / bathrooms separate. It should work out fine. [/quote]

Motsie, you got it incorrecto,  my motel dwelling cyberbuddy.    Ouch!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #110 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 12:30pm
I am so Happy for Ronnie !!!!

Gold Rings on Ya Mate !!!!!!!

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY !

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #111 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 1:07pm
Trying to love two women is like a ball and chain.
Trying to love two women is like a ball and chain.
Sometimes the pleasure ain't worth the strain.
It's a long old grind, and it tires your mind.

Trying to hold two women is tearing me apart.
Trying to hold two women is tearing me apart.
One's got my money, the other's got my heart.

When you try to please two women, you can't please yourself.
When you try to please two women, you can't please yourself.
At best it's only half good; a man can't stock two shelves.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1462876.ece

I say, RUN LIKE THE WIND JO!!! and NEVER look back Girlfriend!!!
« Last Edit: Jul 24th, 2008 at 1:12pm by Tumbled »  

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #112 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 2:44pm
Ten Thousand Motels wrote on Jul 24th, 2008 at 10:52am:

it could work if they were in two different houses and the wife didnt know about it, but seeing he's this world famous rock star the word would get out. wouldnt it? Blank Frigging Stare

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #113 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 3:06pm
" it could work if they were in two different houses and the wife didnt know about it, but seeing he's this world famous rock star the word would get out. wouldnt it? "

You raise an interesting point my Stonesian Brother .

I too have felt a sensate correlation coalescing the vapors of one's magnanimous .................................................. :

**** END TRANSMISSION !!!! ****

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #114 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 3:09pm

Soon we'll need an entire BOARD devoted to RONALD and his ANTICS.   His Antics are no longer a sideshow.   Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

P.S.  I'll try for more Ronald emoticons.

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #115 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 3:15pm
never underestimate the amount of effort one needs to put forth, to avoid working.

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #116 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 6:44pm
Holden wrote on Jul 24th, 2008 at 10:39am:
He's not gonna stay clean for long if he keeps hanging with the girl.

You got THAT right... Sad

IP Logged

MaineMotels
Ex Member

Reply #117 - Jul 25th, 2008 at 10:38am
mojoman wrote on Jul 24th, 2008 at 2:44pm:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote on Jul 24th, 2008 at 10:52am:

it could work if they were in two different houses and the wife didnt know about it, but seeing he's this world famous rock star the word would get out. wouldnt it? Blank Frigging Stare

I dunno. Those Mormons seem to make it work out OK.

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #118 - Jul 25th, 2008 at 12:01pm
the note says, "know that in the meantime, ..thinking lovely thoughts....

BARF

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #119 - Jul 25th, 2008 at 4:47pm
The handwriting on the note looks exactly like Ronnie's. I got a few words scribbled from him at the book signing and the note looks authentic to me. So he does care about her, it would seem since we didnt see any handwriten notes to Jo. It will take a much bigger effort there.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #120 - Jul 25th, 2008 at 4:58pm
Bitch wrote on Jul 25th, 2008 at 4:47pm:
The handwriting on the note looks exactly like Ronnie's. I got a few words scribbled from him at the book signing and the note looks authentic to me. So he does care about her, it would seem since we didnt see any handwriten notes to Jo.   

Eh? Why would anyone expect to see handwritten notes to Jo? Its not like she's going to be walking down the street waving them about just on the offchance a paparazzi photographer might happen to be in the same street?

... ... ...
IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #121 - Jul 25th, 2008 at 8:41pm
you can't throw away Jo for a little upstart.  

it ain't right.  iits just not right... how can you throw away someone
that so obviously cares phenomenaly about you???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLNM9drx6Rc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuAOl2oXXho&feature=related

but what do I know, what do I know what is going on. the guy can do what he wants, he's a free entity

but am I not mistaken, but the vows (at least strongly felt for the woman are), "until death do us part"....  right?  and there in lies the beauty but
from Jo's perspective, after so much emotional investment be strong enough to walk away for self preservation.   either way, she is bound to be broken hearted. a broken heart can fucking kill you.  I know this. my grandfather dided that way.  I am about to.  Still to expect that she stand by and watch this man that she has loved so much kill himself.  what kind of torture is inflicted/required here??   for the sake of rock N roll? No. I say, I release you Jo.  Go and lick your wounds.  

I find great interest in this scenario b/c I have been there after great time and attention and interest in healing someone. and I was very much not interested in failing in that endeavor becuase I saw the value of this very beautiflul person. as is Ronnie.. and I extremely wanted to make him want to live.  but I nevered to be a fucking martyr like those women that do that. but now I KNOW !!!! they had no choice. they loved this sensitive transient being.

god bless jo. jeezus christ. fucking heavy for her I would think. but if she ever gets my message, to know that she is not alone. its a fucking ridiculous and stupid position to be in and totally uncalled for but to turn one's back... is that love either?  jeez what is one supposed to do???
« Last Edit: Jul 25th, 2008 at 9:54pm by Tumbled »  

IP Logged

fireontheplatter
Ex Member

Reply #122 - Jul 25th, 2008 at 9:00pm
Tumbled wrote on Jul 25th, 2008 at 8:41pm:
you can't throw away Jo for a little upstart.  

it ain't right.  iits just not right...
hold On I have to find a better link to that video...

but what do I know, the guy can do what he wants, he's a free entity

but am I not mistaken, but the vows (at least strongly felt for the woman are), "until death do us part"....  right?  and there in lies the beauty but
from Jo's perspective, after so much emotional investment be strong enough to walk away for self preservation.   either way, she is bound to be broken hearted. a broken heart can fucking kill you.  I know this. my grandfather dided that way.  I am about to.  Still to expect that she stand by and watch this man that she has loved so much kill himself.  what kind of torture is inflicted/required here??   for the sake of rock N roll? No. I say, I release you Jo.  Go and lick your wounds.  

I find great interest in this scenario b/c I have been there after great time and attention and interest in healing someone. and I was very much not interested in failing in that endeavor becuase I saw the value of this very beautiflul person. as is Ronnie.. and I extremely wanted to make him want to live.  but I nevered to be a fucking martyr like those women that do that. but now I KNOW !!!! they had no choice. they loved this sensitive transient being.

god bless jo. jeezus christ. fucking heavy for her I would think. but if she ever gets my message, to know that she is not alone. its a fucking ridiculous and stupid position to be in and totally uncalled for but to turn one's back... is that love either?  jeez what is one supposed to do???

situations like this are usually always messy.
hopefully the better will come of it

keep the faith tumbled.  and stop fucking swearing  Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

[laughs]

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #123 - Jul 25th, 2008 at 9:44pm
it is the story of someone on the way out dave.    denial is very strong at this point from everyone...  I wish it weren't but the signs are all there.

IP Logged

Deathgod
Rocks Off Regular

as Daethgod

Reply #124 - Jul 26th, 2008 at 7:36am
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article1473425.ece

Strolling Stone goes for ramble

RONNIE WOOD takes a stroll out of rehab as he recovers from his booze bender with a 20-year-old Russian bar girl.

The ROLLING STONE, 61, looks relaxed but skeletal in these first pictures since his notorious fling.

He enjoyed a 20-minute walk and a football kickabout with pals from his clinic. Ronnie wore his wedding ring, despite his devastated wife Jo telling him their marriage was on the rocks.

he Sun told how he knocked back two bottles of vodka a day while cavorting in Ireland with cocktail waitress EKATERINA IVANOVA.

He is a fortnight into six weeks of treatment at the Life Works centre in Old Woking, Surrey.

Other guests said he spoke of how he loved Jo and Eka and would kick alcohol.

A source said: “Ronnie acts like a regular bloke. No one can believe he’s a rock star.” The Sun can reveal Jo, 53, plans her first visit to Ronnie tomorrow.

Ekaterina was out clubbing in London with pals yesterday. She emerged at 3.30am with a mystery man and with a cut on her foot.

IP Logged

Deathgod
Rocks Off Regular

as Daethgod

Reply #125 - Jul 26th, 2008 at 7:39am

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/goss/view/45314/Ronnie-s-girl-hurt-in-club-brawl/

RONNIE'S GIRL HURT IN CLUB BRAWL

26th July 2008
By Amy Watts and Charli Morgan

WITH his rock star posturing, skinny jeans and ludicrous mop of Super Noodle hair, it’s fair to say that Johnny Borrell cuts a rather unlikely hero figure.

But that is just what the Razorlight frontman, 28, was to Ronnie Wood’s “art buddy” Ekaterina Ivanov, when trouble broke out at London’s fab Punk club.

Katia, 20, who ran away to Ireland with the married Rolling Stone, was extremely grateful for the intervention – after being kicked until she bled. Our source explained: “Katia arrived with a group of friends and seemed in high spirits, but wasn’t entirely welcome.

“It was a bit like the parting of the Red Sea when she came in. Quite a few people shot her filthy looks and started to mutter under their breath.

“Ronnie’s daughter Leah is well liked among London’s arty crowd and a lot of people thought Ekaterina had a nerve rocking up.”

But then events took an even more bizarre twist when the emaciated elbows of a group of fashionably-clad haircuts on sticks suddenly surrounded the Russian.

“Someone shouted something about her not caring a jot about Ronnie’s family,” our observer duly noted. “And then a bit of a scrap seemed to break out. It was packed so it really turned into a bit of a tussle.

“Johnny didn’t hesitate, though. He dived straight in there and pulled Ekaterina out of the mêlée. But by then she’d already been kicked in the leg and was bleeding.”

Borrell, of course, is a close friend of boozy old Ron, 61, so he had a vested interest in saving Katia from the gayest scrap ever.

He even managed to break up the catfight while still clutching a copy of John Fante’s cult classic, Ask The Dust.

We’d suggest he doesn’t attempt the same trick in a more butch boozer.

IP Logged

speedfreakjive
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #126 - Jul 26th, 2008 at 12:27pm
http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/2008/07/26/ronnie-s-wood-s-girlfriend-i-am-not-a-...

Ronnie's Wood's girlfriend: I am not a slut

By Danielle Lawler 26/07/2008

Ronnie Wood's girlfriend Ekaterina Ivanova has tried to clear her name by insisting: "I am not some Russian slut."

The cocktail waitress, 20, says she is in love with the Rolling Stone guitarist, 61, after their booze bender in Ireland three weeks ago.

She said: "They're calling me a Russian slut but if that's the case I'd be with a rich businessman, not Ronnie.

"I'm not a prostitute and I've never worked in an escort bar.

"We're in love, we're completely in love."

Advertisement - article continues below »

Ronnie left Jo, his wife of 23 years, to be with Ekaterina. He is now being treated for alcoholism at a rehab centre.

Jo, who fled to Barcelona, is refusing to return until he vows never to see her again.

A source said: "Part of Ronnie's programme is to meet his family so they can all go through counselling.

"But Jo can't face it at the moment. She wants to see a marked difference before they even start talking."

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #127 - Jul 26th, 2008 at 2:55pm

**** YEAH !!! ******

|
|
V

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #128 - Jul 26th, 2008 at 4:19pm

Holy crap! I actually thought this girl was kind of cute until I saw this pic.
Ronnie, what were you thinking?  Shit!

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

fireontheplatter
Ex Member

Reply #129 - Jul 26th, 2008 at 4:27pm
Edith Grove wrote on Jul 26th, 2008 at 4:19pm:

Holy crap! I actually thought this girl was kind of cute until I saw this pic.
Ronnie, what were you thinking?  Shit!

you would probably look like this too, if you were in a bar brawl the night before.

[laughs]

IP Logged

MaineMotels
Ex Member

Reply #130 - Jul 26th, 2008 at 5:40pm
Joey wrote on Jul 26th, 2008 at 2:55pm:

**** YEAH !!! ******

Yes. I think she's telling the truth. Kinda. At least in the past tense. Eveyone's different, some people fuck to love and some people love to fuck.

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #131 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 10:37am
its hard to watch this happen to ronnie.  if he continues in the pattern, he will go through a string of barflies before meeting his end his family struggling to get him to come back all the way.  its an ugly way to go
« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2008 at 10:39am by Tumbled »  

IP Logged

MaineMotels
Ex Member

Reply #132 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 10:51am
Tumbled wrote on Jul 28th, 2008 at 10:37am:
its hard to watch this happen to ronnie.  if he continues in the pattern, he will go through a string of barflies before meeting his end his family struggling to get him to come back all the way.  its an ugly way to go

Unfortunately alkies and drug addicts don't usually get much sympathy.

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #133 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 11:59am
he's doing it to himself.  he needs to stay on meds for awhile to keep the cravings away. its very difficult to stop at this point.   I seriously think you are born with this. he was exposed to alcohol at a very young age

IP Logged

MaineMotels
Ex Member

Reply #134 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 12:17pm
Tumbled wrote on Jul 28th, 2008 at 11:59am:
he's doing it to himself.  he needs to stay on meds for awhile to keep the cravings away. its very difficult to stop at this point.   I seriously think you are born with this. he was exposed to alcohol at a very young age

I was exposed to "french kissing" when I was about 14. THAT is most definitley addictive.

Embarrassed

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #135 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 12:43pm
Ten Thousand Motels wrote on Jul 28th, 2008 at 12:17pm:
Tumbled wrote on Jul 28th, 2008 at 11:59am:
he's doing it to himself.  he needs to stay on meds for awhile to keep the cravings away. its very difficult to stop at this point.   I seriously think you are born with this. he was exposed to alcohol at a very young age

I was exposed to "french kissing" when I was about 14. THAT is most definitley addictive.

Embarrassed

to keep him alive they should consider a morphine pump at this point. I'm serious.

the girls, that just another endorphin rush

IP Logged

fireontheplatter
Ex Member

Reply #136 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 8:36pm
no ron wood...no rolling stones.  thats what i say
long live ronnie.

Are you fucking serious?

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #137 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 8:56pm
Quote:
no ron wood...no rolling stones.  thats what i say
long live ronnie.

Are you fucking serious?

what sad is that happy ronnie has to face sickness. and who would want him to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1MRC7IQceM

you are right bucky.  tings are very serious at this juncture  

then again. maybe things will be all fine and dandy after rehab.

but I tell you this, if you dont' give up and turn your life over to god and make amends and want a happier life , its all for nought

at age 61.  he probably wants to go out french kissing the vodka girl and has already given up   hey. its his life, he can do what he wants with it, maybe that's what he wants to do..

you gotta wonder dont' they just want to live their life without any
consideration of all the fucking fans that want want want from them all thetime?

I mean i would
what happens is, you start spitting up blood, that means your esophagus is turned to paper, then god forbid you throw up, and burst your esophagus, then the acid in your stomach enters your chest cavity and causes lung collapse and germ infection in your chest cavity then if they can clean all that out, and put you on a trach and a respirator and can medicate you to fight the infection and you succeed infighting in then you have 1 yr of tube feeding and preparing with physical therapy to prepare for resection of your stomach to whats left of your esophagus and there after not being able to eat anything  withoute experiencing dumping syndrome where in your insulin goes crazy wtih teh influx of fast food into the small intestine and you have to deal with blood sugar problems after you eat any quantity and neurophaty from being on the respirator. dealing with that and yet still craving alcohol and sugar, for whatever time you remain sober you can live but as soon as you start introducing alcohol back into your system, you pretty much write your ticket to about 1 more year before your body shuts down.  thats the scenario without liver problems. ronnie has liver problems.
« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2008 at 9:23pm by Tumbled »  

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #138 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 11:51pm
Tumbled wrote on Jul 28th, 2008 at 8:56pm:
Quote:
no ron wood...no rolling stones.  thats what i say
long live ronnie.

Are you fucking serious?

what sad is that happy ronnie has to face sickness. and who would want him to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1MRC7IQceM

you are right bucky.  tings are very serious at this juncture  

then again. maybe things will be all fine and dandy after rehab.

but I tell you this, if you dont' give up and turn your life over to god and make amends and want a happier life , its all for nought

at age 61.  he probably wants to go out french kissing the vodka girl and has already given up   hey. its his life, he can do what he wants with it, maybe that's what he wants to do..

you gotta wonder dont' they just want to live their life without any
consideration of all the fucking fans that want want want from them all thetime?

I mean i would
what happens is, you start spitting up blood, that means your esophagus is turned to paper, then god forbid you throw up, and burst your esophagus, then the acid in your stomach enters your chest cavity and causes lung collapse and germ infection in your chest cavity then if they can clean all that out, and put you on a trach and a respirator and can medicate you to fight the infection and you succeed infighting in then you have 1 yr of tube feeding and preparing with physical therapy to prepare for resection of your stomach to whats left of your esophagus and there after not being able to eat anything  withoute experiencing dumping syndrome where in your insulin goes crazy wtih teh influx of fast food into the small intestine and you have to deal with blood sugar problems after you eat any quantity and neurophaty from being on the respirator. dealing with that and yet still craving alcohol and sugar, for whatever time you remain sober you can live but as soon as you start introducing alcohol back into your system, you pretty much write your ticket to about 1 more year before your body shuts down.  thats the scenario without liver problems. ronnie has liver problems.

Wow.....that is a sobering scenerio....Sad

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #139 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 8:58am

" Katia, 20, who ran away to Ireland with the married Rolling Stone, was extremely grateful for the intervention – after being kicked until she bled. Our source explained: “Katia arrived with a group of friends and seemed in high spirits, but wasn’t entirely welcome.

“It was a bit like the parting of the Red Sea when she came in. Quite a few people shot her filthy looks and started to mutter under their breath. "

Poor Little Lambie ............................................

Me heart just ' ACHES !!!! '

Joe Sea Scroll ! ™

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #140 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 11:08am
Joey wrote on Jul 29th, 2008 at 8:58am:
" Katia, 20, who ran away to Ireland with the married Rolling Stone, was extremely grateful for the intervention – after being kicked until she bled. Our source explained: “Katia arrived with a group of friends and seemed in high spirits, but wasn’t entirely welcome.

“It was a bit like the parting of the Red Sea when she came in. Quite a few people shot her filthy looks and started to mutter under their breath. "

Poor Little Lambie ............................................

Maybe she needs the experienced tramp Paris as her wing gal?

Me heart just ' ACHES !!!! '

Joe Sea Scroll ! ™

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #141 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 2:54pm
lets put ronnie in the dungeon here until the next tour:

IP Logged

robpop
Rocks Off Regular

City of Champions
Reply #142 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 6:43pm
Tumbled wrote on Jul 29th, 2008 at 2:54pm:
lets put ronnie in the dungeon here until the next tour:

Hopefully he won't end up in here:

...&&&&...

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #143 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 10:21pm
RONNIE said he would quit drinking for The STONES! So, that should help him get his act together so he doesnt fvck up the band. Ronnie knows he cant fvck this up, its too late in the game. Even if his personal life is a mess, his professional life will save him in the end. Jo will never forgive him completely, the Russian chick is playing him, so he's screwed either way, a total buzzkill. RONNIE NEEDS TO QUIT IT FOR THE BAND!!

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #144 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 10:32pm
Bitch wrote on Jul 29th, 2008 at 10:21pm:
RONNIE NEEDS TO QUIT IT FOR THE BAND!!

Ronnie needs to quit it for Ronnie.
Period.
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2008 at 10:35pm by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

robpop
Rocks Off Regular

City of Champions
Reply #145 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 10:39pm
Ronnie, as well as any alcoholic, in rehab should watch FSN's Blackie Schwamb special.  Heartbreaking, such a waste of talent.

...&&&&...

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #146 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 11:09pm
left shoe shuffle wrote on Jul 29th, 2008 at 10:32pm:

Period.

TRUE

But

if he is down and out. and doesnt give a shit about himself, I think he feels a responsibility to STEP UP for his bandmates.

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #147 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 11:18pm
Bitch wrote on Jul 29th, 2008 at 11:09pm:

Period.

TRUE

But

if he is down and out. and doesnt give a shit about himself, I think he feels a responsibility to STEP UP for his bandmates.

Band before family?
Come on.
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2008 at 11:36pm by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #148 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 11:15am

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #149 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 11:20am
LadyJane wrote on Jul 30th, 2008 at 11:15am:

Did you see this reply to that article-

At 61 he needs to stop dying his hair and start growing old gracefully. It dont matter he is in the Rolling Stones he should still be dignified about getting older. Rolling Stones are past it anyway, god knows what people see in them. Their music up to the mid 80s was great but boring after that. Seeing Mick Jagger prance around a stage at 65 is embarrassing. Cant bear groups that go on for so long acting like they are still in their 20s.

- Rachael, Oxfordshire, 30/7/2008 14:58

IP Logged

Throwaway
Rocks Off Regular

MD
Reply #150 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 1:34pm
Great up to the mid-80s is a very liberal statement...

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #151 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 1:37pm

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #152 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 1:38pm
gimmekeef wrote on Jul 30th, 2008 at 1:37pm:

Hands off those minders Ronnie....

IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #153 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 5:53pm

Christ. The guy is in rehab and the paparazzi are still dogging his every step. Leave the guy alone and let him get on with it fer fuckssake.

IP Logged

Holden
Rocks Off Regular

Tampa Bay
Reply #154 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 5:56pm
GotToRollMe wrote on Jul 30th, 2008 at 5:53pm:

Christ. The guy is in rehab and the paparazzi are still dogging his every step. Leave the guy alone and let him get on with it fer fuckssake.

+1.

How can anyone expect him to put on a happy face if the tabloids are still following his every step and writing crap about him every chance they get?

mrhipfl  
IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #155 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 9:48pm
left shoe shuffle wrote on Jul 29th, 2008 at 11:18pm:
Bitch wrote on Jul 29th, 2008 at 11:09pm:

Period.

TRUE

But

Band before family?
Come on.

No, I didnt mean the band is more important than his family. I was trying to say that since RONNIE'S personal life is already in the toilet, if he can focus on his professional life and make some accomplishments, he can feel good about something and gain some strength from it.  

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #156 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 11:46pm
I know what you mean. If Ronnie has some sense of responsibility towards someone{s} or something, it might sober him up a bit. If he knows other people {and that includes family, friends, and bandmates} are depending on him, it just might strike a chord with him.

The worst thing he could do is desert his family, get out of rehab, shack up again with his drinking buddy little girl, and go down the tubes again. Don't know how many more times he can do that.  Sad

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #157 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 2:23pm
sadly drunks, dry or not, have no sense of responsibility to anyone

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #158 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 2:47pm
" sadly drunks, dry or not, have no sense of responsibility to anyone "

... !!!!!

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #159 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 3:52pm
sadly.  but happily its your birthday!

will you please fire one up for me Jersey Joe

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #160 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 4:16pm
" will you please fire one up for me Jersey Joe "

Done .

Weeding !!!!

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #161 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 4:39pm
Better seen on weed!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #162 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 4:42pm
" weed "

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #163 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 7:05pm
Tumbled wrote on Jul 31st, 2008 at 2:23pm:

SIGH...I know you're right. I just can't give up on him yet. He had/has so much going for him....his family, the band, his art....good grief, I hate to see him throw it all away. Sad

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #164 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:59am
Sioux wrote on Jul 31st, 2008 at 7:05pm:
Tumbled wrote on Jul 31st, 2008 at 2:23pm:

SIGH...I know you're right. I just can't give up on him yet. He had/has so much going for him....his family, the band, his art....good grief, I hate to see him throw it all away. Sad

It's very sad about Ronnie, I know he went to A.A. in Toronto, a friend of mine saw him at a afternoon meeting when The stones were in Toronto rehearsing for a tour, not sure what year, the thing that surprised him was the way he was dressed, he's in the millions $$$$$ & he looked like somebody who just came of the street on Skid Row.
I really hope he makes it this time, he's a very talented musician & painter, he's not as talented as Brian Jones but he tries to play all different instruments like the way it used to be in The Stones, those pics where he looks gaunt & haggard, looks like a guy that's not in the millions but on the skids, so it doesn't matter how much money anybody makes, when it comes to alcoholism, it kills.

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #165 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 12:45pm
They need a job while they are off, too much free time is no good.  Maybe he should try getting the ear acupuncture go to yoga retreat, learn to dive, something away from the bars, take a bike ride around the world or something and smoke more weed!   need to break down that lifestyle and PRONTO.  everything must change.  the girl is only going to drink with him. no good. no good for him.  he can't see it for what it is tho.

why do they always go for the barflies at the end. that is so annoying.
« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2008 at 12:46pm by Tumbled »  

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Reply #166 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 6:10pm
Tumbled wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 12:45pm:
They need a job while they are off, too much free time is no good.  Maybe he should try getting the ear acupuncture go to yoga retreat, learn to dive, something away from the bars, take a bike ride around the world or something and smoke more weed!   need to break down that lifestyle and PRONTO.  everything must change.  the girl is only going to drink with him. no good. no good for him.  he can't see it for what it is tho.

why do they always go for the barflies at the end. that is so annoying.

That is very well said & done, but Ronnie is a Alcoholic, he could take Yoga for the rest of his life, & never get sober!! he needs to deal with people who are recovering alcoholics, they know the very brain of a alcoholic, it takes one alcoholic to know another alcoholic, nobody else can understand,  because they never walked in his shoes! that's why A.A. works!!!but it will only work if the person has reached a bottom, otherwise, he's the only one who can decide if he's had enough, that's the sad truth about it!!! nobody can help him, not for all the money in the world!!! he's got to be honest about himself, just pick up a book Alcoholic Anonymous, it's been around since 1935, it doesn't matter how many rehab centers he goes through, he's got to go to a lifetime of A.A. after he leaves rehab, after all nobody is cured from alcoholism.

WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #167 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 7:10pm
That's true. Ronnie will battle this the rest of his life....every day, every minute. And he sure doesn't need to hang out with a drinking "buddy". Angry Sad

Ronnie has his art. He's good, he's prolific..........and it's not enough to keep him sober. NOTHING will be good enough, in and of itself. Ronnie has to realized his need to STOP---completely. And be willing to work HARD on staying off alcohol, the rest of his life. It must be just about the hardest thing in the world to do. And he's been an alcoholic for so MANY years... Sad

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Reply #168 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 8:22pm
Sioux wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 7:10pm:
That's true. Ronnie will battle this the rest of his life....every day, every minute. And he sure doesn't need to hang out with a drinking "buddy". Angry Sad

Ronnie has his art. He's good, he's prolific..........and it's not enough to keep him sober. NOTHING will be good enough, in and of itself. Ronnie has to realized his need to STOP---completely. And be willing to work HARD on staying off alcohol, the rest of his life. It must be just about the hardest thing in the world to do. And he's been an alcoholic for so MANY years... Sad

You said it very well sioux, with all this media coverage, it's not easy with Ronnie, my heart goes out to him, if he wasn't that famous for the everyday person, it would be a lot easier, but that's the deal with fame!, it must be very hard to be this famous person, with the press at your doorstep, & try to recover from alcoholism, I personality would go Insane.

WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #169 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 12:20pm
Apparently (according to the news source) this was taken before the last rehab

Source with thanks to LuchoStones from BdP

http://www.adnmundo.com/contenidos/adncool/ron_wood_desmejorado_primera_salida_i...

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #170 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 4:38pm
He looks like a homeless guy. Let's hope he gets cured.

IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #171 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 5:43am
Oy vey...

ROLLING STONES - WOOD VISITED BY RUSSIAN LOVER

The Russian woman accused of having an affair with ROLLING STONES star RONNIE WOOD has reportedly visited the musician in rehab.
Wood allegedly left his wife Jo and whisked teenage waitress Ekaterina Ivanova away on a romantic trip to Ireland last month (Jul08). He subsequently returned to the U.K. and entered a clinic seeking treatment for alcohol addiction.
And now the 19-year-old blonde has reportedly gone to see Wood at the Life Works Community Centre in Surrey, England on Sunday (03Aug08) - while his wife has yet to visit.
A source tells British newspaper The Sun, "Ekaterina and Ronnie were all over each other. They were holding hands and Ronnie introduced her as his girlfriend, Kat.
"He's obviously very fond of her."

08/05/2008  07:11:06 AM

Link: http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/wood%20visited%20by%20russian%20lov...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #172 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 6:15am
GotToRollMe wrote on Aug 5th, 2008 at 5:43am:
Oy vey...

ROLLING STONES - WOOD VISITED BY RUSSIAN LOVER

The Russian woman accused of having an affair with ROLLING STONES star RONNIE WOOD has reportedly visited the musician in rehab.
Wood allegedly left his wife Jo and whisked teenage waitress Ekaterina Ivanova away on a romantic trip to Ireland last month (Jul08). He subsequently returned to the U.K. and entered a clinic seeking treatment for alcohol addiction.
And now the 19-year-old blonde has reportedly gone to see Wood at the Life Works Community Centre in Surrey, England on Sunday (03Aug08) - while his wife has yet to visit.
A source tells British newspaper The Sun, "Ekaterina and Ronnie were all over each other. They were holding hands and Ronnie introduced her as his girlfriend, Kat.
"He's obviously very fond of her."

08/05/2008  07:11:06 AM

Link: http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/wood%20visited%20by%20russian%20lov...

probably a load of bollocks. According to another newspaper story in the last few days, neither woman is allowed to visit him for the next month.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #173 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 8:46am
What about the article {a spin-off of GTRM's article} that states that Ronnie wants to quit drinking, once and for all, for the sake of his family and the band? And that's he's totally committed to any further touring, etc.? Do we think this is possible?

Blank Frigging Stare

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #174 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 8:49am
[quote author=Sioux link=1216556103/150#173 date=1217943989]What about the article {a spin-off of GTRM's article} that states that Ronnie wants to quit drinking, once and for all, for the sake of his family and the band? And that's he's totally committed to any further touring, etc.? Do we think this is possible?

Blank Frigging Stare[/qu

Lets hope this is one rumor that has even a shred of truth to it.
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2008 at 8:50am by gimmekeef »  

IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #175 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 10:31am
Gazza wrote on Aug 5th, 2008 at 6:15am:
probably a load of bollocks. According to another newspaper story in the last few days, neither woman is allowed to visit him for the next month.

I reportedly hope that you are allegedly right!
 Wink

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #176 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 12:51pm
News of today: 8-5-08.    read and weep

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/news/article_1421530.php/Ronnie_Wood_ca...

i'm feeling nauseous. excuse me.....
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2008 at 12:56pm by Tumbled »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #177 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 1:18pm
" Ronnie Wood has moved his Russian lover into a hotel near his rehab clinic.

Ekaterina Ivanova, 20, reportedly visited the Rolling Stones guitarist at Surrey's Life Works Community centre, where Ronnie is being treated for his alcohol, drugs and sex addictions on Sunday (03.08.08).

The 61-year-old musician is also believed to have provided Ekaterina with a car and chauffer, so she can visit him.

A source told Britain's The Sun newspaper: "Ekaterina and Ronnie were all over each other. They were holding hands and Ronnie introduced her to everyone as his girlfriend, Kat. It's very weird to see - she looks like she could be his granddaughter. He's obviously very fond of her."

During the two-hour visit, Ekaterina and Ronnie reportedly locked themselves in the rehab facility's library before having a cigarette outside. Ekaterina was then driven back to her hotel in Surrey, Southern England, in a silver BMW.

Ronnie - who was said to have been banned by doctors from speaking to Ekaterina and his wife Jo last week - is supposedly trying to get clean in a bid to save his 23-year marriage.

He has reportedly told Jo, 53, and Ekaterina that he loves them both and can't choose between them.

Ronnie flew to Ireland with Ekaterina last month on a drinking binge which lasted nearly two weeks. He checked into rehab upon returning to England and is currently four weeks through his planned six-week detox.  "

Gold RINGS on ya mate  !!!!!

BEST RONNIE WOOD YET !!!!!

" Monogamy SUCKS Ronnie ! "

'kins !

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #178 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 1:25pm
yea but joey, the girl drinks a lot.  plus she has fat legs.  and I don't like her...
and its the ruination of life as we know it.  this is how I feel about it:

2 more weeks and he'll be out of rehab.  
can we send him to afghanistan?

I like what this man said on a bulletin board I just read:

"
No one cares if you are an alcoholic.

We care if you get drunk and hurt someone,

We care if you get drunk and get raped,

We care if you get drunk and get liver disease,

We care if you get drunk lose your job and then your house and your family.

If you are an alcoholic then stop drinking and keep being an alcoholic and you will live a life as long and furfilled as the rest of us. If your an alcoholic and you keep drinking you will die."
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2008 at 1:54pm by Tumbled »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #179 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 1:54pm
" and its the ruination of life as we know it.  this is how I feel about it:
"

Nah , THIS is no social crisis ....... just another ' Tricky ' day for Ronnie Wood . 

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #180 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 1:56pm
the girl will allow him to drink himself to death. Is it really love then doesn't she care, maybe she denies there is a problem. shit maybe there is no problem anyway!!! let's just pretend there is no problem.....

we cannot control the alcoholic, it has to take responsibility for its own decisions...
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2008 at 1:58pm by Tumbled »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #181 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 1:58pm
" shit maybe there is no problem anyway!!! let's just pretend there is no problem "

Oh , we got a friggin PROBLEM all right ............. ! :

|
|
V

www.MaxLugar.com

{ CA - FRIGGIN - RACK !!!! }

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #182 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 2:27pm
true!

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #183 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 2:40pm
Joey wrote on Aug 5th, 2008 at 1:54pm:
Nah , THIS is no social crisis ....... just another ' Tricky ' day for Ronnie Wood . 

...fellah!

Best Joey yet!

... ... ...
IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #184 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 2:44pm
Fuck You Ronnie...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #185 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 2:54pm
" Fuck You Ronnie...  "

Getting burned by the sun Poi Dog Pondering

.... This is Ronnie having FUN !!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #186 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 5:14pm
bugger and buggery !*(#&$()*!@#&$()!*@&()$*&

I would like to turn him over my knee.

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #187 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 7:07pm
This is the worst mid life crisis EVER. Sad

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #188 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 7:12pm
dude needs an ass whoopin'.

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #189 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 8:35pm
Ronnie in rehab (pictures with thanks to Estela @ BdP)

a visit to the clinic...

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #190 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 11:04pm
During the two-hour visit, Ekaterina and Ronnie reportedly locked themselves in the rehab facility's library before having a cigarette outside. Ekaterina was then driven back to her hotel in Surrey, Southern England, in a silver BMW.

BOOTY CALL!!!!!!! Wink

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #191 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 3:03am
Someone at IORR claims that his niece spoke with Ronnie on a day trip outta rehab & Ronnie says the Stones will tour next April.

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #192 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 1:24pm
Today's "news":  (8-6-2008)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1042104/Strict-diets-yoga-7am-wake-...

Life in rehab:

Strict diets, yoga, and 7am wake-up calls... Inside Ronnie Wood's hardcore rehab regime

By Simon Cable
Last updated at 4:34 PM on 06th August 2008

Comments (0)  Add to My Stories

Seeking help: Ronnie Wood gives a thumbs up outside rehab today
After six previous attempts in rehab, he is no stranger to the battle to beat addiction.

But despite humiliating his wife and family and running away with a 19-year-old cocktail waitress, Ronnie Wood has vowed this time he will change.

The 65-year-old has submitted to a punishing 16-hour daily treatment regime at a Woking rehabilitation centre after shunning the celebrity-filled Priory clinic where he has been treated without success in the past.

The exhaustive schedule includes meditation and yoga as well as a constant barrage of therapy classes and counselling sessions.

He is currently undergoing medical evaluations, psychiatric tests and even has an individualised diet plan to help him stay on the wagon.

The Rolling Stone has sought refuge in the Life Works rehab centre in Woking that boasts an 85 per cent success rate in curing alcoholics thanks to its gruelling programme, which even bans patients from having caffeine and sugar.

The star is shelling out £600 a day and has been assigned three carers who look after him and are on call 24 hours a day.

Each morning, Wood is woken for 7am hour-long meditation classes before breakfast.

Support: The musician enjoys a break from rehab with his counsellor

At 9.30am, patients then begin two one-and-a-half-hour intensive therapy sessions designed to ‘break the hold’ that alcohol has over them.

During the sessions, the guitarist is asked to complete written assignments detailing his progress in rehab.

More...
Ronnie Wood's mistress 'making secret visits to his rehab clinic as they rekindle their romance'

He is then told to embark on an emotionally-draining group therapy session where he is asked to share his experiences with other patients.

His only opportunity to relax during the day comes after a short lunch break at midday. He has often opted for a quiet stroll around the sprawling grounds of the luxury clinic.

Lush grounds: The Life Works rehab centre in Surrey

But at all times day and night, he is under the watchful eye of at least one of three carers.

On several occasions, he has wandered into the local town of Woking with one of them.

But the afternoons offer no let-up. He is expected to attend lectures at 2pm every day, which are given by doctors and detail the dangers of alcoholism.

Wood is required to sit and watch a series of videos designed to warn about the effects of alcohol.

A place to collect your thoughts: The lounge room in the house

Immediately after, he has been embarking on rigorous yoga sessions and tai chi – a form of heavy exercise.

An evening meal at 6pm is then followed by another group counselling session, this time with counsellors from Alcoholics Anonymous.

The day finally ends with a group therapy session at 11pm in which patients review their progress over the day.

A source at the clinic said: ‘There’d be no point in paying £600 a day just to lie around the grounds all day. Patients have the benefit here of expert care.

'Everyone gets treated the same and you wouldn’t notice who the celebrities were if you were to walk around. There are some people who are not used to what happens in here but everyone settles down pretty quickly. They are well looked after.’

Patients are forced to share bedrooms

The guitarist has managed to survive the gruelling itinerary for the past four weeks and is expected to continue for a further month.

However his stay is made all the more difficult and challenging as the clinic has been strictly vetting all visitors who have arrived to see the star.

His wife Jo has so far stayed away from the clinic with staff claiming that guests are carefully controlled so as not to distract Wood in his bid to stay sober.

Guests that are allowed in are also carefully monitored during their stay at the facility and are only allowed by appointment.

Tough decision: Ronnie is struggling to choose between wife Jo and his young mistress

« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2008 at 1:26pm by Tumbled »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #193 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 1:30pm
" Someone at IORR claims that his niece spoke with Ronnie on a day trip outta rehab & Ronnie says the Stones will tour next April . "

I am now so excited that I am typing this with my penis .

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #194 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 1:34pm

a visit to the clinic...

Isn't she beautiful ?!

Absolutely , ABSOLUTELY BEST RONNIE YET !!!!!!!

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #195 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 6:54pm
He's been in a month, and should stay another month? That's good...hope it's true. And 85% success rate is quite commendable.

Can we get him a permanent room there? Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2008 at 6:56pm by Sioux »  

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #196 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 10:09pm
KAT does NOT look like JO when she was younger, thats crap!

Why would RONNIE go for a Jo-clone anyway? KAT is not like JO at all, she's young and wreckless, which is part of the attraction for Ronnie, AND the sex obviously.

RONNIE is re-living his youth vicariously thru KAT, but it aint gonna work. He cant do it forever, and it shouldnt take very long for him to figure this out once he sobers up.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)