Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
Latest Ronnie news (Read 28,086 times)
Throwaway
Rocks Off Regular

MD
Re: Latest Ronnie news
Reply #150 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 1:34pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Great up to the mid-80s is a very liberal statement...

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #151 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 1:37pm
LadyJane wrote on Jul 30th, 2008 at 11:15am:

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #152 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 1:38pm
gimmekeef wrote on Jul 30th, 2008 at 1:37pm:

Hands off those minders Ronnie....

IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #153 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 5:53pm

Christ. The guy is in rehab and the paparazzi are still dogging his every step. Leave the guy alone and let him get on with it fer fuckssake.

"She delivers right on time,&&I can't resist a corny line, &&But take the shine right off your shoes"&&&&"When I die I want to be burned and blown up Gazza's ass. Is he up for that? Is he a true stones fan. I know Voodoo would do it." - TomL '07&&...        ...        ...          ...          ...&&..'til the wheels come off...

IP Logged

Holden
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Tampa Bay
Reply #154 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 5:56pm
GotToRollMe wrote on Jul 30th, 2008 at 5:53pm:

Christ. The guy is in rehab and the paparazzi are still dogging his every step. Leave the guy alone and let him get on with it fer fuckssake.

+1.

How can anyone expect him to put on a happy face if the tabloids are still following his every step and writing crap about him every chance they get?

mrhipfl  
IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #155 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 9:48pm
left shoe shuffle wrote on Jul 29th, 2008 at 11:18pm:
Bitch wrote on Jul 29th, 2008 at 11:09pm:
left shoe shuffle wrote on Jul 29th, 2008 at 10:32pm:
Bitch wrote on Jul 29th, 2008 at 10:21pm:
RONNIE NEEDS TO QUIT IT FOR THE BAND!!

Ronnie needs to quit it for Ronnie.
Period.

TRUE

But

if he is down and out. and doesnt give a shit about himself, I think he feels a responsibility to STEP UP for his bandmates.

Band before family?
Come on.

No, I didnt mean the band is more important than his family. I was trying to say that since RONNIE'S personal life is already in the toilet, if he can focus on his professional life and make some accomplishments, he can feel good about something and gain some strength from it.  

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #156 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 11:46pm
I know what you mean. If Ronnie has some sense of responsibility towards someone{s} or something, it might sober him up a bit. If he knows other people {and that includes family, friends, and bandmates} are depending on him, it just might strike a chord with him.

The worst thing he could do is desert his family, get out of rehab, shack up again with his drinking buddy little girl, and go down the tubes again. Don't know how many more times he can do that.  Sad

"When you change with every new day, still I'm going to miss you, Brian"

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #157 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 2:23pm
sadly drunks, dry or not, have no sense of responsibility to anyone

Remember to keep your nose to the grindstone, your shoulder to the wheel, your feet on the ground, your eye on the ball, your ear to the ground, your finger on the pulse, your head on your shoulders, the pedal to the metal, a song in your heart, your hand on the helm and the bull by the horns

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #158 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 2:47pm
" sadly drunks, dry or not, have no sense of responsibility to anyone "

... !!!!!

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #159 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 3:52pm
sadly.  but happily its your birthday!

will you please fire one up for me Jersey Joe

Remember to keep your nose to the grindstone, your shoulder to the wheel, your feet on the ground, your eye on the ball, your ear to the ground, your finger on the pulse, your head on your shoulders, the pedal to the metal, a song in your heart, your hand on the helm and the bull by the horns

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #160 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 4:16pm
" will you please fire one up for me Jersey Joe "

Done .

Weeding !!!!

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #161 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 4:39pm
Better seen on weed!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #162 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 4:42pm
" weed "

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #163 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 7:05pm
Tumbled wrote on Jul 31st, 2008 at 2:23pm:

SIGH...I know you're right. I just can't give up on him yet. He had/has so much going for him....his family, the band, his art....good grief, I hate to see him throw it all away. Sad

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #164 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:59am
Sioux wrote on Jul 31st, 2008 at 7:05pm:
Tumbled wrote on Jul 31st, 2008 at 2:23pm:

SIGH...I know you're right. I just can't give up on him yet. He had/has so much going for him....his family, the band, his art....good grief, I hate to see him throw it all away. Sad

It's very sad about Ronnie, I know he went to A.A. in Toronto, a friend of mine saw him at a afternoon meeting when The stones were in Toronto rehearsing for a tour, not sure what year, the thing that surprised him was the way he was dressed, he's in the millions $$$$$ & he looked like somebody who just came of the street on Skid Row.
I really hope he makes it this time, he's a very talented musician & painter, he's not as talented as Brian Jones but he tries to play all different instruments like the way it used to be in The Stones, those pics where he looks gaunt & haggard, looks like a guy that's not in the millions but on the skids, so it doesn't matter how much money anybody makes, when it comes to alcoholism, it kills.

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #165 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 12:45pm
They need a job while they are off, too much free time is no good.  Maybe he should try getting the ear acupuncture go to yoga retreat, learn to dive, something away from the bars, take a bike ride around the world or something and smoke more weed!   need to break down that lifestyle and PRONTO.  everything must change.  the girl is only going to drink with him. no good. no good for him.  he can't see it for what it is tho.

why do they always go for the barflies at the end. that is so annoying.
« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2008 at 12:46pm by Tumbled »  

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Reply #166 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 6:10pm
Tumbled wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 12:45pm:
They need a job while they are off, too much free time is no good.  Maybe he should try getting the ear acupuncture go to yoga retreat, learn to dive, something away from the bars, take a bike ride around the world or something and smoke more weed!   need to break down that lifestyle and PRONTO.  everything must change.  the girl is only going to drink with him. no good. no good for him.  he can't see it for what it is tho.

why do they always go for the barflies at the end. that is so annoying.

That is very well said & done, but Ronnie is a Alcoholic, he could take Yoga for the rest of his life, & never get sober!! he needs to deal with people who are recovering alcoholics, they know the very brain of a alcoholic, it takes one alcoholic to know another alcoholic, nobody else can understand,  because they never walked in his shoes! that's why A.A. works!!!but it will only work if the person has reached a bottom, otherwise, he's the only one who can decide if he's had enough, that's the sad truth about it!!! nobody can help him, not for all the money in the world!!! he's got to be honest about himself, just pick up a book Alcoholic Anonymous, it's been around since 1935, it doesn't matter how many rehab centers he goes through, he's got to go to a lifetime of A.A. after he leaves rehab, after all nobody is cured from alcoholism.

WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #167 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 7:10pm
That's true. Ronnie will battle this the rest of his life....every day, every minute. And he sure doesn't need to hang out with a drinking "buddy". Angry Sad

Ronnie has his art. He's good, he's prolific..........and it's not enough to keep him sober. NOTHING will be good enough, in and of itself. Ronnie has to realized his need to STOP---completely. And be willing to work HARD on staying off alcohol, the rest of his life. It must be just about the hardest thing in the world to do. And he's been an alcoholic for so MANY years... Sad

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Reply #168 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 8:22pm
Sioux wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 7:10pm:
That's true. Ronnie will battle this the rest of his life....every day, every minute. And he sure doesn't need to hang out with a drinking "buddy". Angry Sad

Ronnie has his art. He's good, he's prolific..........and it's not enough to keep him sober. NOTHING will be good enough, in and of itself. Ronnie has to realized his need to STOP---completely. And be willing to work HARD on staying off alcohol, the rest of his life. It must be just about the hardest thing in the world to do. And he's been an alcoholic for so MANY years... Sad

You said it very well sioux, with all this media coverage, it's not easy with Ronnie, my heart goes out to him, if he wasn't that famous for the everyday person, it would be a lot easier, but that's the deal with fame!, it must be very hard to be this famous person, with the press at your doorstep, & try to recover from alcoholism, I personality would go Insane.

WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #169 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 12:20pm
Apparently (according to the news source) this was taken before the last rehab

Source with thanks to LuchoStones from BdP

http://www.adnmundo.com/contenidos/adncool/ron_wood_desmejorado_primera_salida_i...

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #170 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 4:38pm
He looks like a homeless guy. Let's hope he gets cured.

IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #171 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 5:43am
Oy vey...

ROLLING STONES - WOOD VISITED BY RUSSIAN LOVER

The Russian woman accused of having an affair with ROLLING STONES star RONNIE WOOD has reportedly visited the musician in rehab.
Wood allegedly left his wife Jo and whisked teenage waitress Ekaterina Ivanova away on a romantic trip to Ireland last month (Jul08). He subsequently returned to the U.K. and entered a clinic seeking treatment for alcohol addiction.
And now the 19-year-old blonde has reportedly gone to see Wood at the Life Works Community Centre in Surrey, England on Sunday (03Aug08) - while his wife has yet to visit.
A source tells British newspaper The Sun, "Ekaterina and Ronnie were all over each other. They were holding hands and Ronnie introduced her as his girlfriend, Kat.
"He's obviously very fond of her."

08/05/2008  07:11:06 AM

Link: http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/wood%20visited%20by%20russian%20lov...

"She delivers right on time,&&I can't resist a corny line, &&But take the shine right off your shoes"&&&&"When I die I want to be burned and blown up Gazza's ass. Is he up for that? Is he a true stones fan. I know Voodoo would do it." - TomL '07&&...        ...        ...          ...          ...&&..'til the wheels come off...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #172 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 6:15am
GotToRollMe wrote on Aug 5th, 2008 at 5:43am:
Oy vey...

ROLLING STONES - WOOD VISITED BY RUSSIAN LOVER

The Russian woman accused of having an affair with ROLLING STONES star RONNIE WOOD has reportedly visited the musician in rehab.
Wood allegedly left his wife Jo and whisked teenage waitress Ekaterina Ivanova away on a romantic trip to Ireland last month (Jul08). He subsequently returned to the U.K. and entered a clinic seeking treatment for alcohol addiction.
And now the 19-year-old blonde has reportedly gone to see Wood at the Life Works Community Centre in Surrey, England on Sunday (03Aug08) - while his wife has yet to visit.
A source tells British newspaper The Sun, "Ekaterina and Ronnie were all over each other. They were holding hands and Ronnie introduced her as his girlfriend, Kat.
"He's obviously very fond of her."

08/05/2008  07:11:06 AM

Link: http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/wood%20visited%20by%20russian%20lov...

probably a load of bollocks. According to another newspaper story in the last few days, neither woman is allowed to visit him for the next month.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #173 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 8:46am
What about the article {a spin-off of GTRM's article} that states that Ronnie wants to quit drinking, once and for all, for the sake of his family and the band? And that's he's totally committed to any further touring, etc.? Do we think this is possible?

Blank Frigging Stare

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #174 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 8:49am
[quote author=Sioux link=1216556103/150#173 date=1217943989]What about the article {a spin-off of GTRM's article} that states that Ronnie wants to quit drinking, once and for all, for the sake of his family and the band? And that's he's totally committed to any further touring, etc.? Do we think this is possible?

Blank Frigging Stare[/qu

Lets hope this is one rumor that has even a shred of truth to it.
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2008 at 8:50am by gimmekeef »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)