Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Lick to watch full show! with thanks to George García/Rolling Stones Archive and ROgerriffin for heads up
State Farm Stadium, Glendale, Arizona - May 7, 2024 / Pic © Jini Sachse (Sweet Virginia)

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 ... 276
Send Topic Print
The nonsense thread - Enter at your own risk! Warning… 100% off topic and full of nonsense inside (Read 903,692 times)
Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Re: Politics thread (ssc!!) - Enter at your own risk! Warning… Probable bullcrap inside
Reply #3375 - Aug 1st, 2018 at 8:16am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Why does Trump still have rallies? He is playing the chumps like chumps.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jim-acosta-anti-media-trump_us_5b61415fe4b0...
« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2018 at 8:38am by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Re: Politics thread (ssc!!) - Enter at your own risk! Warning… Probable bullcrap inside
Reply #3376 - Aug 1st, 2018 at 9:23am
Some Guy wrote on Aug 1st, 2018 at 8:16am:
Why does Trump still have rallies?

Good question, as Hillary would be spending her time fucking the electorate that (would have) put her in office........and liking it!

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #3377 - Aug 1st, 2018 at 9:32am
Some Guy wrote on Aug 1st, 2018 at 8:16am:
Why does Trump still have rallies? He is playing the chumps like chumps.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jim-acosta-anti-media-trump_us_5b61415fe4b0...

In order to be effective propaganda must be continually shoved down the throats of the people.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #3378 - Aug 1st, 2018 at 9:33am
Edith Grove wrote on Aug 1st, 2018 at 4:58am:
Joey wrote on Jul 31st, 2018 at 8:46pm:
THIS IS BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!!   :

Damn straight it's beautiful, Joey !!

Brings to mind a favorite Grateful Dead song of mine..."Ship of Fools"

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #3379 - Aug 1st, 2018 at 11:18am
The Stones should be able to come up with a pretty good song or two about this crap fest.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #3380 - Aug 1st, 2018 at 11:48am
Some Guy wrote on Aug 1st, 2018 at 11:18am:
The Stones should be able to come up with a pretty good song or two about this crap fest.

Pretty sure that's been done.

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #3381 - Aug 1st, 2018 at 12:39pm
Edith Grove wrote on Aug 1st, 2018 at 11:48am:
Some Guy wrote on Aug 1st, 2018 at 11:18am:

Pretty sure that's been done.

does not count, thanks.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3382 - Aug 1st, 2018 at 9:03pm

« Last Edit: Aug 2nd, 2018 at 8:21am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3383 - Aug 1st, 2018 at 9:11pm

<  ------------- Some Guy   ?!  .... !!!!!!     VETERANS RULE !!!!    :

https://www.omaha.com/opinion/david-ignatius-veterans-in-congress-know-what-it-m...

" David Ignatius: Veterans in Congress know what it means to put country first .  "

" WASHINGTON — Heading toward the midterm elections, President Trump is playing the politics of division more recklessly than ever. But there’s a movement taking root in both parties this year that seeks to unite the country by building on the bedrock values of military service.

This coalescence of young veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan may be the most positive trend on the political horizon. These young men and women have been through the nightmare of combat in the most challenging environments; they know what it means to serve the country, beyond flag-waving and sloganeering.

“My military experience gave me humility,” says Rep. Mike Gallagher, a first-term Republican from Wisconsin who served in Iraq as a Marine intelligence officer. “At the point of the spear, neat solutions never survive contact with the enemy.”

Gallagher is a member of a bipartisan group of young veterans called “With Honor” that hopes to have 20 of its members in the next Congress. The group has contributed $10 million to races thus far this year, and it hopes to push that total to $30 million by year-end. Donations are split, 50/50, between Republicans and Democrats.

Bipartisan cooperation is not optional. Candidates who receive support must sign the following pledge, which speaks so directly to what ails our country these days that I’ll quote it in full. Maybe voters could ask all candidates to make this promise:

“1. Integrity: I will always speak the truth and prioritize the public interest above my self-interest. 2. Civility. I will respect my colleagues, focus on solving problems and work to bring civility to politics. 3. Courage. I will defend the rights of all Americans and have the courage to collaborate across the aisle and find common ground.”

The bipartisan group has backed some of the veterans who’ve had big victories in primaries this year, often running against party establishment candidates: Amy McGrath, a former Marine fighter pilot, bested a well-funded local mayor for the Democratic nomination for a Kentucky House seat; Michael Waltz, a much-decorated former Army Green Beret who served in Afghanistan, is running for the Republican nomination for a Florida House seat despite having taken a “Never Trump” position in 2016.

With recent polls and analysis forecasting a likely Democratic takeover of the House, Democratic veterans may play a pivotal role in the next Congress.

One of their leaders, Rep. Seth Moulton of Massachusetts, who served as a Marine officer in Iraq, argues that the Democrats should resist the temptation to settle scores if they win back the House.

The Democrats should instead become a true governing party, says Moulton, under a “big tent” that can embrace progressive candidates such as Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, a former community organizer who won a Democratic House nomination in a liberal New York City district, and Mikie Sherrill, a former Navy helicopter pilot who won a Democratic House nomination in a more centrist New Jersey district.

To Moulton, the choice is simple: “If we want to become a narrow party — far left or moderate — we can, but we’re not going to win.” To encourage Democratic veterans to run, Moulton has formed a political action committee called “Serve America” that has raised about $2.75 million and backed 36 veterans for Congress and state and local races.

Moulton cites two charismatic women vets in Texas who bucked the establishment to win Democratic nominations this year: M.J. Hegar, a decorated former Air Force helicopter pilot who won the House nomination in a district near Austin; and Gina Ortiz Jones, a former Air Force intelligence officer who won the nomination along the West Texas border.

Veterans in Congress seem less afraid than some colleagues to challenge their parties’ leadership and more willing to work across the aisle — qualities that are badly needed these days.

Moulton bluntly criticizes House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, arguing that she’s “arrogant” and out of touch. Gallagher, too, expresses a willingness to buck GOP leadership, when necessary.

What encourages me about these Iraq and Afghanistan veterans in Congress is that they understand what it means to put the nation’s interests first. Moulton shared with me a sermon he gave at Harvard last November. It’s worth reading carefully:

“I believe we can drive the divisive politics of the day out of our daily lives. But when we do, there will be many in the opposition — the ‘resistance’ as it’s now proudly called — who will want to sing out in triumph with great moral righteousness. … This would be a terrible mistake. It would not heal our country but reopen our wounds.”

We’re overwhelmed by bad news these days, but I’ll be honest: Talking to these congressional vets gives me hope that better times are ahead.  " 
« Last Edit: Aug 2nd, 2018 at 9:42am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3384 - Aug 1st, 2018 at 9:13pm
Edith Grove wrote on Aug 1st, 2018 at 4:58am:
Joey wrote on Jul 31st, 2018 at 8:46pm:
THIS IS BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!!   :

Damn straight it's beautiful, Joey !!

I LOVE THAT MAN !!!!!   President Donald J. Trump  ( '  PARAMOUNT  Leader !  '  ) Is a Friggin Genius !!!!!!!!!!!!!   ALL ROADS LEAD THROUGH BEIJING   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   )

« Last Edit: Aug 2nd, 2018 at 9:37am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3385 - Aug 1st, 2018 at 9:26pm

« Last Edit: Aug 2nd, 2018 at 8:30am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3386 - Aug 1st, 2018 at 9:34pm

<  ----------------- DESTINY !!!!!!!   .............   GREATNESS !!!!!!!!!      :

« Last Edit: Aug 2nd, 2018 at 9:39am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #3387 - Aug 2nd, 2018 at 8:23am
It's getting ugly.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #3388 - Aug 2nd, 2018 at 8:46am
Some Guy wrote on Aug 2nd, 2018 at 8:23am:
It's getting ugly.

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #3389 - Aug 2nd, 2018 at 12:47pm
Edith Grove wrote on Aug 2nd, 2018 at 8:46am:
It's getting ugly.

now that's funny!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #3390 - Aug 2nd, 2018 at 1:12pm
gimmekeef wrote on Aug 2nd, 2018 at 12:47pm:
Edith Grove wrote on Aug 2nd, 2018 at 8:46am:
It's getting ugly.

now that's funny!

President Donald Trump took a moment during his political rally in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, on Thursday night to mention the “great respect” he has for one of the United States’ closest allies ― so much so that he seems unsure of its name.

“I have great respect for the U.K. ― United Kingdom ― great respect,” Trump said. “People call it Britain. They call it Great Britain. They used to call it England ― different parts.”

The president seemed confused by the difference between the U.K., Great Britain and England ― suggesting that the names can be used interchangeably and that one of the names is perhaps out of date.

But the country of England is still called England. Great Britain (also known as Britain) refers to the island made up of the countries England, Scotland and Wales, while the U.K. is a sovereign state comprised of four countries: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2018 at 8:54am by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #3391 - Aug 3rd, 2018 at 11:50am
Sanders vs Acosta....you go girl !!

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #3392 - Aug 3rd, 2018 at 1:04pm
Yeehaw!!

« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2018 at 1:18pm by MrPleasant »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #3393 - Aug 3rd, 2018 at 1:27pm
Edith Grove wrote on Aug 3rd, 2018 at 11:50am:
Sanders vs Acosta....you go girl !!

reading from a script, thanks.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #3394 - Aug 3rd, 2018 at 2:00pm
Ad taken out in the local New Orleans rag:

Another Democrat in action, or should I say INACTION ?

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #3395 - Aug 3rd, 2018 at 2:13pm
I no longer feel Republican or Democrat. Will I need a special restroom?

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #3396 - Aug 3rd, 2018 at 2:23pm
Edith? Moonie?

Armed, proto-fascist gangs are set to rally in Portland, Oregon, this weekend, stirring fears that the city could witness the kind of political violence not seen since the deadly white supremacist “Unite the Right” event in Charlottesville, Virginia, nearly a year ago.

Members of the two violent far-right groups, Patriot Prayer and the Proud Boys — both of which have deep ties to white supremacist organizations — plan to rally in Tom McCall Waterfront Park at noon Saturday. The so-called “Gibson for Senate Freedom March” is being organized by Patriot Prayer leader Joey Gibson, who is running for Senate as a Republican from Washington state.

The upcoming event is the latest in a series of rallies Gibson has held along the West Coast since early 2017 in support of President Donald Trump, under the banner of “free speech” and “patriotism.” In several cases the rallies have become a pretext for Patriot Prayer members, and more recently Proud Boy members, to commit organized assaults on anti-fascist protesters.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #3397 - Aug 3rd, 2018 at 2:31pm
Some Guy wrote on Aug 3rd, 2018 at 2:13pm:
I no longer feel Republican or Democrat. Will I need a special restroom?

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #3398 - Aug 3rd, 2018 at 2:53pm
This Trump minority pisses me off.
« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2018 at 3:29pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #3399 - Aug 3rd, 2018 at 3:44pm
Some Guy wrote on Aug 3rd, 2018 at 2:23pm:
Edith? Moonie?

Armed, proto-fascist gangs are set to rally in Portland, Oregon, this weekend, stirring fears that the city could witness the kind of political violence not seen since the deadly white supremacist “Unite the Right” event in Charlottesville, Virginia, nearly a year ago.

Members of the two violent far-right groups, Patriot Prayer and the Proud Boys — both of which have deep ties to white supremacist organizations — plan to rally in Tom McCall Waterfront Park at noon Saturday. The so-called “Gibson for Senate Freedom March” is being organized by Patriot Prayer leader Joey Gibson, who is running for Senate as a Republican from Washington state.

The upcoming event is the latest in a series of rallies Gibson has held along the West Coast since early 2017 in support of President Donald Trump, under the banner of “free speech” and “patriotism.” In several cases the rallies have become a pretext for Patriot Prayer members, and more recently Proud Boy members, to commit organized assaults on anti-fascist protesters.

Gotta mix Prayer in with their hate..hypocritical assclowns

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 ... 276
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)