Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 ... 276
Send Topic Print
The nonsense thread - Enter at your own risk! Warning… 100% off topic and full of nonsense inside (Read 901,840 times)
Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Re: Politics thread (ssc!!) - Enter at your own risk! Warning… Probable bullcrap inside
Reply #3325 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 4:08pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
I was here few weeks ago for a wedding party.  We had a limited option of ordering food because the groom was buying, and I didn't want to eat from limited menu option so I ordered from the main menu.  I have to say that crab cakes was the most disgusting thing that I EVER had here.  I'm from Maryland so we specialize in crab cakes.  But this place's, the crab cake is filled with breading & some type of mixes similar to pancakes.  Very dry and fried.  Taste weird so I ate 1/3 of the cake and just finished off the fries.   I didn't see any steaks on the menu.  Oh well....

« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2018 at 4:15pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Re: Politics thread (ssc!!) - Enter at your own risk! Warning… Probable bullcrap inside
Reply #3326 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 4:13pm
Joey, why don't we go to The Dubliner??

Brazen Head isn't my favorite Irish-themed bar in Omaha. That goes to the Dubliner, but this isn't a bad place to go. Sure, the atmosphere feels a bit artifical, but there's worse.

The beer and alcohol selection is pretty solid. Not the best, but good selection overall. I like the fish and chips. Pretty tasty. However, the corned-beef sandwich is one of the worst I've ever had. That, along with the vibe the place can get on a busy night (not the best), knock off two stars. Not a bad bar, but know what food to order and when to come here.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3327 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 4:15pm
Some Guy wrote on Jul 23rd, 2018 at 4:08pm:
I was here few weeks ago for a wedding party.  We had a limited option of ordering food because the groom was buying, and I didn't want to eat from limited menu option so I ordered from the main menu.  I have to say that crab cakes was the most disgusting thing that I EVER had here.  I'm from Maryland so we specialize in crab cakes.  But this place's, the crab cake is filled with breading & some type of mixes similar to pancakes.  Very dry and fried.  Taste weird so I ate 1/3 of the cake and just finished off the fries.   I didn't see any steaks on the menu.  Oh well....

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3328 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 4:17pm
Some Guy wrote on Jul 23rd, 2018 at 4:13pm:

Brazen Head isn't my favorite Irish-themed bar in Omaha. That goes to the Dubliner, but this isn't a bad place to go. Sure, the atmosphere feels a bit artifical, but there's worse.

The beer and alcohol selection is pretty solid. Not the best, but good selection overall. I like the fish and chips. Pretty tasty. However, the corned-beef sandwich is one of the worst I've ever had. That, along with the vibe the place can get on a busy night (not the best), knock off two stars. Not a bad bar, but know what food to order and when to come here.

Some Guy ,   

Emperor Xi prefers the Brazen Head Waitresses  ( Younger , Better Looking  , Well Educated and VERY Easy to Pick Up after a few Beers    ----    Most Friday Nights I am Xi's Wingman   --- Chicks Dig The Emperors  ) .

"  ' Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac '  , Ronnie Cakes !   "

J.  " Henry "  Kissinger !
« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2018 at 4:57pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #3329 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 4:24pm
« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2018 at 4:41pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3330 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 8:48pm

« Last Edit: Jul 24th, 2018 at 8:23am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3331 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 9:00pm

<  --------------- EMOTIONAL !!!!!!!    ...............  DESTINY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :

« Last Edit: Jul 24th, 2018 at 2:29pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Jeep
Rocks Off Regular

Frogland
Reply #3332 - Jul 24th, 2018 at 2:54am
Joey wrote on Jul 23rd, 2018 at 4:17pm:

Some Guy ,   

Emperor Xi prefers the Brazen Head Waitresses  ( Younger , Better Looking  , Well Educated and VERY Easy to Pick Up after a few Beers    ----    Most Friday Nights I am Xi's Wingman   --- Chicks Dig The Emperors  ) .

Some waitresses have left the house...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #3333 - Jul 24th, 2018 at 9:19am

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #3334 - Jul 24th, 2018 at 9:22am
Joey, it's all 5 stars over there...

GREAT TIME...Sláinte!!!
We stumbled upon this great little Iris pub while spending the weekend in Omaha. They had a small cover charge for the local band that was playing and it was worth every cent and MORE. What a great band. They played everything from traditional Irish songs to U2 covers to country songs. All were excellent. The beers flowed, of which there was a good selection and the car bombs went down. We are usually in bed by midnight but the festivities, good beer, companionship, and music compelled us to stay up past 2. If in Omaha and looking for a good time, give this place a go. You will not be disappointed.

Ask Tim V about Dubliner
« Last Edit: Jul 24th, 2018 at 9:25am by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3335 - Jul 24th, 2018 at 2:30pm
Jeep wrote on Jul 24th, 2018 at 2:54am:
Joey wrote on Jul 23rd, 2018 at 4:17pm:

Some Guy ,   

Some waitresses have left the house...

FUNNY !!!!!!    Smiley    Jeep    ----- I Love You !!!! 

« Last Edit: Jul 24th, 2018 at 3:33pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3336 - Jul 24th, 2018 at 3:45pm

|
|
|
|
V

« Last Edit: Jul 25th, 2018 at 1:58pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3337 - Jul 24th, 2018 at 9:07pm

<  -------------- Some Guy  ?!    ....  !!!!!!!   :

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/08/books/review/johnny-carson-by-henry-bushkin.h...

" Heeeere’s Johnny! "

‘Johnny Carson,’ by Henry Bushkin

" The day after he was hired by Johnny Carson, an obscure young lawyer named Henry Bushkin tagged along with him and some thugs in the night as they broke into an apartment searching for proof of Carson’s wife’s infidelity. They found plenty, as Bushkin tells it, and Carson leaned against a wall and wept, revealing the .38 he was carrying in case things went wrong. That was in 1970, when Carson had already settled into his role as superstar host of “The Tonight Show.” Over the next 18 years, Bushkin was his lawyer, fixer, friend and liege, “like all those guys on ‘Entourage,’ except there was only me.”

His gossipy, self-aggrandizing memoir is a breezy read, but adds little to our picture of Carson beyond some lurid, unverified stories. Did NBC really cut a deal with the Mafia to cover an Italian-American rally on the news in exchange for calling off a hit on Carson, who had pursued the wrong wiseguy’s girlfriend? Did Bushkin once find him at the Beverly Hills Hotel with a woman who “had always seemed to be a close friend” of Carson’s own wife?

Otherwise, Bushkin simply ramps up the image that has become familiar, especially since Carson’s death, in 2005: brilliant comic, cold human being. The cheap but probably accurate psychology says that Carson’s emotionally icy mother left him unable to sustain any of his four marriages or show affection to his three sons.

Then there was the Hollywood-size ego, which Bushkin seems strangely baffled by, even while displaying an outsize ego of his own. Recalling life at his boss’s side — traveling with him luxuriously to Wimbledon and Las Vegas, negotiating contracts that made Carson Midas-rich — Bushkin says without a hint of humor that he was Thomas à Becket to Carson’s Henry II. Yet, a few lines later he expects us to believe he remained “a kid from the Bronx” at heart. This naïve pose deprives the book of some badly needed context.

Bushkin sounds shocked at the fiasco surrounding Carson’s role as host of a live show for Ronald Reagan’s inauguration. Joanna Carson, wife No. 3, was incensed because Ed McMahon’s wife got better seats, which caused Carson to become furious with Bushkin. Things got worse when a conciliatory invitation for the Carsons to visit the White House turned out to be a group tour, not a private audience with the president. None of this imperiousness should surprise anyone who has spent half a minute around show-business success.

Bushkin was touched and astonished when Carson, in a New Yorker profile by the critic Kenneth Tynan, called him his best friend. Apparently even now it hasn’t occurred to him that a famous person — especially one as savvy and guarded as Carson — might not be blurting out the whole truth to an interviewer. At least Bushkin was shrewd enough to see the end coming, and was more hurt than surprised when Carson cut him off. By his own account, he had gone behind Carson’s back on a business deal. No need to go into his dull, self-justifying details here except to say that after being fired he never saw Carson again.

Carson’s influence on pop culture remains powerful. Jimmy Fallon, who is set to take over “The Tonight Show” in February, wasn’t born when Carson began as host in 1962. Yet even on his current show Fallon is tethered to the prototype that Carson perfected and network television still uses: a gently topical monologue, followed by interviews at the desk. Neither of those elements plays to Fallon’s strength — his brilliant “Saturday Night Live”-style sketches — but the Carson template has become a late-night straitjacket.

That legacy doesn’t seem to interest Bushkin. In his heady days as an insider, he regularly popped up in Carson’s monologues with the nickname “Bombastic Bushkin.” Now we know why. "

« Last Edit: Jul 25th, 2018 at 11:24am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3338 - Jul 24th, 2018 at 9:20pm

<  ---------------- Gimmekeef  ?! .....  !!!!!!!!!!!  :

« Last Edit: Jul 25th, 2018 at 12:55pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3339 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 8:50pm

<  ------------ Some Guy  ?!  ......... !!!!!  :

https://atlanta.curbed.com/2018/7/25/17612886/mercedes-benz-stadium-roof-open-cl
ose-falcons-united

" From atop Mercedes-Benz Stadium, an ‘architectural icon’ is finally unveiled .  "   

" Three-hundred feet above Atlanta United’s pitch, a horn blared Wednesday afternoon, eight giant “petals” weighing 500 tons each slid quietly on long tracks—slowly at first, then up to 90 feet per minute—and a jagged, growing oval shined below.

A cool breeze cut the coliseum’s sweltering, off-limits upper regions. A growing skyline was unveiled. And about eight minutes later—four minutes faster than engineers and architects had always predicted—the Mercedes-Benz Stadium roof was fully open, the crowning, albeit delayed achievement of a $1.5 billion project a half-decade in the making

“It’s absolutely no exaggeration to say this is far and away the most complex, intricate, and interesting roof put on a sports complex anywhere in the world,” the stadium project’s senior director, Mike Egan, asserted from a perch suddenly in the sunshine.

Added Steve Cannon, CEO of AMB Group, the Atlanta Falcons’s parent company: “We’ve got the most unique roof structure in the world, and it is fully functioning to design specifications. This architectural icon … is coming online, as of today.”

Eleven months, 2.5 million guests, 54 ticketed events, a few water leaks, and one College Football National Championship since the stadium opened, the marvel that is the aperture-like roof has been turned over to MBS brass, and it’ll open and close at the push of a single button in a downstairs control room, near the press box.

Officials on Wednesday led media up a mountain of metal stairs, across harrowing catwalks, and to the base of the great mechanism for a firsthand glimpse of the roof in action. A stadium roof in China opens in a similar way, Egan said, but nothing is of comparable scale.

Have a glimpse below of up-close footage and photos of the roof in action—allowing a skyline vantage like nowhere else in the city.

But first, the million-dollar question: What took so long?

“We came to realize last summer that the [weight of the petals] had to be equally balanced across the two [supporting] rails, otherwise it creates drag that would burn out the propulsion system prematurely, which is designed to last 30 years,” Egan explained, in the best layman’s terms he could muster.

“We knew exactly what we needed to do—we just ran out of time before it was time to actually open the building,” he continued. “The roof has always worked ... it was just a question of we didn’t want to run it frequently, because of the drag. People thought the roof was broken ... or had design issues. That was never the question.”
« Last Edit: Jul 26th, 2018 at 10:06am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3340 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 9:03pm

<  -------------- Xi is always looking at Melania Smiley

« Last Edit: Jul 26th, 2018 at 9:24am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3341 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 9:11pm

« Last Edit: Jul 26th, 2018 at 8:36am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3342 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 9:18pm

<  -------------- Some Guy   ?!   ........... !!!!!   :

https://www.omaha.com/opinion/david-ignatius-trump-thinks-he-s-his-own-best-fore...

" David Ignatius: Trump thinks he's his own best foreign-policy adviser . "

" For the last 18 months, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and other top national-security officials have mostly kept their heads down in public as they tried to quietly counsel President Donald Trump. But this low-key consultation process seems to be weakening, as a headstrong president becomes increasingly insistent about his judgment.

The Helsinki summit showed that Trump thinks he’s his own best foreign-policy adviser. The formal interagency process that traditionally surrounds such big events all but disappeared for the U.S.-Russia encounter, with no full National Security Council meetings to prepare for Helsinki or to discuss its results.

Trump chose to go it alone with Russian President Vladimir Putin, literally and figuratively. Officials who wanted to know what happened had to read the president’s tweets or White House press briefings.

“I don’t think there is an interagency process now,” cautioned one prominent Republican foreign-policy expert. “Trump glories in not listening to advisers. He trusts his instincts, as uninformed as they sometimes are.”

Newt Gingrich, the former House speaker and one of Trump’s closest informal advisers, outlined the challenge: “A major problem for Trump is that he’s a golfer; he doesn’t play a team sport. The rest of the team has to know … what play you’re calling. In golf, it’s just between you and the ball. I think that’s a major weakness. … The world is far too complicated for one person to control everything.” Gingrich added: “It worries me” that Trump doesn’t consult more closely about Russia-related issues with officials such as Gen. Joseph Dunford, chairman of the joint chiefs of staff. As of Monday, Dunford still hadn’t been briefed on Helsinki, even though it directly affects the more than 1 million troops Dunford oversees.

Gingrich is unusual among Trump insiders in his willingness to discuss the president so openly. Most top officials fear that Trump will see criticism as disloyalty and purge dissenters, as he did former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson. “Trump has tremendous confidence in you when you agree with him, and he doesn’t think about you when you don’t,” noted Gingrich. “This is a president who gets bored,” he said. The trick is “being near him, but not too near.”

How should Trump’s senior advisers deal with a president who operated in Helsinki as a one-man show? That varies. Mattis, a retired four-star general who commands nearly universal respect in Congress, has an especially delicate challenge. During Trump’s first year, Mattis was an effective inside player. He convinced Trump that advocating torture was a mistake and that even a limited military strike on North Korea could have dangerous, unpredictable outcomes. According to Gingrich, Mattis’ discussions with Trump about the catastrophe of nuclear war helped convince the president to embrace an arms-control initiative with Putin.

Trump is fickle, and he may now be chafing at his defense secretary’s careful counsel. A Republican source tells me Trump recently complained: “He’s not ‘Mad Dog Mattis,’ he’s ‘Moderate Mattis.’” Another Republican says that at the G7 summit in Canada in June, Trump asked European leaders, “What do you think of Mattis?” Europeans feared it was a trick question, because too much enthusiasm might undermine Mattis.

Trump has given Mattis the freedom to run the Pentagon. Mattis, in return, has been almost agonizingly discreet, saving his counsel for the president’s ears.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is the “Trump whisperer,” the member of Trump’s inner circle who seems most similar to him in outlook and temperament. He’s the chief action officer on North Korea and Iran, the administration’s two most ambitious, dangerous challenges. Will Trump give Pompeo the latitude to communicate strategy on these big issues to the country and the world? If he feuds with Pompeo, Trump is sunk.

The final piece of the post-Helsinki puzzle is national security adviser John Bolton. He is deliberately tightening the NSC circle, reducing the frequency of formal principals’ meetings, to remedy what he thinks was interagency overkill during the Obama years. Bolton prefers small group meetings with Mattis, Pompeo and Trump. He mistrusts the bureaucracy but will need to use it to cope with so many hotspots at once.

Gingrich is right: Trump, the solo golfer, won’t succeed unless he plays with the other members of his foursome. On his own, he won’t make the cut.  "

« Last Edit: Jul 26th, 2018 at 9:08am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3343 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 9:47pm

« Last Edit: Jul 26th, 2018 at 8:38am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3344 - Jul 26th, 2018 at 9:19pm

<  ------------- Some Guy   ?!  .. !!!!!  :

https://www.omaha.com/opinion/ed-rogers-are-democrats-setting-up-trump-for-re-el...

" Ed Rogers: Are Democrats setting up Trump for re-election?  "

" The New York Times recently ran a gentle look at the Democratic Party’s lineup of the most likely 2020 presidential candidates. And with the midterm elections only about four months away, that means some formal 2020 campaigns will begin to organize in six months or even less.

There will be a lot to discuss about how the individual candidates rate and who fills this lane or occupies that space among the Democratic faithful. But rather than get into a critique of this or that candidate at this stage of the game, there are a few fundamental questions to consider when thinking about the emerging 2020 dynamic.

One fundamental question: Who is the “anti-Trump”? In other words, who is the candidate who offers the most vivid contrast to the president? If President Donald Trump was at least in part a backlash to Barack Obama, what does a backlash to Trump look like? Or do the Democrats think that Trump is so flawed that the person who isn’t the president will automatically win in the general election?

Next, do issues matter in 2020? Or is it all about being the non-Trump candidate? Republicans everywhere are hoping the Democrats are in the process of shooting themselves in the foot by galvanizing around a new set of wedge issues such as advocating for sanctuary cities, abolishing Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), promoting single-payer health care and even raising doubts about capitalism itself.

Republicans want to believe that this lurch to the left represents the Democrats’ abandonment of the center, which would make it easier for the GOP to present a rational voice — especially if the Democrats never get around to having a clear economic message. And if the economy is experiencing relatively robust growth and Democrats appear to be against all the policies that produced the good times, the Democrats will be reduced to shouting left-wing platitudes while Republicans can claim that a vote for a Democrat is a vote for economic decline.

We won’t have to wait until 2020 to see whether Democrats are going too far. The Times’ Alexander Burns notes that “younger progressives have battered entrenched political leaders, ousting veteran state legislators in Pennsylvania and Maryland and rejecting, in upstate New York, a congressional candidate recruited by the national party. … The pressure from a new generation of confrontational progressives has put Democrats at the precipice of a sweeping transition, away from not only the centrist ethos of the Bill Clinton years but also, perhaps, from the consensus-oriented liberalism of Barack Obama.”

Are Democrats in no mood for the type of temperate and stylistically moderate candidates who won for them in 1992 and 2008?

History says a party almost always gets two terms in the White House, so 2020 should theoretically favor the incumbent. But with Trump, who knows? Today, with his erratic trade policies rattling farmers and some manufacturers in the heartland, Republicans in Congress showing no confidence in his handling of Russia and the daily Trump-related dramas that constantly lead the news, Democrats must sense opportunity.

It is too early to take today’s headlines and extrapolate to November 2020. But from what I see, the Democrats probably can’t help themselves. It may be easy for Democrats to think they can win with anyone and therefore have no need to occupy the sensible center. But Democrats could be heading for a classic case of underestimating their opponents and overestimating their own appeal.

If they don’t have a sweeping victory in November taking control of the House and if they lose more than one Senate seat, the Democrats should take heed. They are setting up the right dynamic for a Trump re-election.
« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2018 at 9:14am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #3345 - Jul 27th, 2018 at 7:51am
" From atop Mercedes-Benz Stadium, an ‘architectural icon’ is finally unveiled .  "   

Thanks Joey plus Julio is back!

and it's just about over. See below-

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/michael-cohen-trump-knew-russia-meeting_us_...

Mueller Ain't Going Away.

#showusthetaxreturns
« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2018 at 8:14am by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #3346 - Jul 27th, 2018 at 9:22am
Be honest now: haven't we all had quite enough of that stupid asshole? The heart sinks when his name appears on a TV screen, a harbinger of tiresome fratboy humour, wilful ignorance and pointless outbursts of violence. Trump has the highest of high concepts: a magical memory that he can 'thinks' his brain to remind us all that he's the greatest. But this potentially intriguing notion is utterly wasted. (Not mentioning his treatment to young children and his pussy grabbing jokes.)  The gross-out is bad enough, but it is nothing compared to the recent news that he's a failure, his food sucks and his voters are KKK supporters, a nerve shredding attempt to build some sympathy for Trump's character as his life falls apart. Too late: he's far too loathsome. Heartstrings remain stubbornly unplucked. And who the hell is Trump to teach us life lessons anyway? When his brain turns finally into wet corn flakes, and Melania can finally breathe, I'm going to pray for his soul and forget the whole thing ever happened.

I'm kidding, I never pray.
« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2018 at 10:33am by MrPleasant »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #3347 - Jul 27th, 2018 at 10:22am
We predicted this bullshit.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #3348 - Jul 27th, 2018 at 11:28am
Some Guy wrote on Jul 27th, 2018 at 10:22am:
We predicted this bullshit.

4.1% GDP growth. Ain't that some bullshit?

Obamadrones will say their leader laid out the framework for this years ago.
  LOL

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

BONOISLOVE
Rocks Off Regular

The world
Reply #3349 - Jul 27th, 2018 at 11:48am
Oh, little people, you make Bono smile with hope for the future of the whole wide world. You remind me of this very interesting interaction of words...

Katie O'Dare Scott: Did I win? I did, didn't I?
Donald Trump: You were good.
Katie O'Dare Scott: I read your book. And I won. I did. I beat you.
Donald Trump: You were very good. You played the situation perfectly.
Katie O'Dare Scott: So I beat the situation. But not you?
Donald Trump: That's what you did.
Katie O'Dare Scott: I think you like to make mischief.
Donald Trump: You noticed that too?

May you all be kind and gentle to one another, little people...

PEACE. XXOOXXXXXXX.

« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2018 at 11:51am by BONOISLOVE »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 ... 276
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)