Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"Let it Bleed" with Dwayne Dopsie! JazzFest, New Orleans, La - May 2, 2024 © Chris Granger, The Times-Picayune

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 276
Send Topic Print
The nonsense thread - Enter at your own risk! Warning… 100% off topic and full of nonsense inside (Read 902,554 times)
Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Re: Politics thread (ssc!!)
Reply #1350 - May 21st, 2017 at 11:45am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Some Guy wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 2:06pm:
You asshats are destroying this country.

Where have we heard this before?  taylor made smile

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #1351 - May 21st, 2017 at 8:14pm
Just to remind people about how wonderful the Saudis are while the Donald is over there sucking Sheik dick....Out of the 19 hijackers on 9/11. 15 were Saudi nationals and there is ample evidence that they were Saudi financed. The US agreed to the biggest arms deal in history to sell the Saudi's weapons. A deal that Jared Kutchner, son-in-law of Trump negotiated. Negotiated down to the detail of calling the CEO of Lockheed Martin and asking for a discount for the poor Saudi's..............Coincidentally, the Saudi's chose that same time frame to donate a $100 million to a very shady fund that that Ivanka supports. :
The World Bank plans to announce Sunday at an event with Ivanka Trump, the U.S. president’s daughter and senior White House adviser, that Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates have pledged $100 million collectively toward a fund for women who own or want to start businesses, according to people familiar with the announcement............You know what would be a great help in supporting woman's human rights in Saudi Arabia? Giving women human rights. Don't tell me Obama didn't do this, or it's Hillary's fault. Tell me specifically what the Trump Admin will do to support human rights in the  kingdom. Besides a 100 billion dollars in weapons.
Ms. Trump has made the promotion of women entrepreneurs a signature part of her focus since her father’s inauguration in January. She has advocated for issues such as paid family leave, though the issue has gained little traction in Congress. While she had proposed the idea of the World Bank fund, Ms. Trump doesn’t control it or raise money for it, one person familiar with the plans said.
What did the  the Trump camp say about the Clinton Foundation on the same issue:
he donations and the White House are not tied. Definitely not. No way! It is a total coincidence the $100 million dollar donation is being made the same weekend a $110 billion arms deal is announced. And never mind that Ivanka Trump is traveling to Saudi Arabia in her official capacity as an ‘Assistant to the President of the United States.’

Let’s recall Donald Trump’s reaction when it came to the Saudis donating to the Clinton Foundation. From October 2016:

When Chris Wallace asked Clinton about reports of conflicts of interest at the foundation, she responded, "I'm thrilled to talk about the Clinton Foundation because it is a world renowned charity and I'm so proud of the work that it does."

Trump shot in that it's a "criminal enterprise."

"Saudi Arabia given $25 million, Qatar, all of these countries. You talk about women and women's rights? These are people that push gays off business, off buildings. These are people that kill women and treat women horribly and yet you take their money," Trump said. "So I'd like to ask you right now why don't you give back the money that you've taken from certain countries that treat certain groups of people so horribly?
Not that it's illegal or anything. Oh. Wait.
If true, this is egregious and potentially illegal, according to multiple ethics and legal experts. “If the donation would be a quid pro quo bribe, then asking for it is certainly solicitation of a bribe, which is every bit as criminal as the bribe itself,” Harvard Law professor Laurence Tribe tells me via email. “But I started that sentence with ‘if’ because I don’t have enough facts about the donation request to opine on the ultimate bribe issue.” Nevertheless, he says:

At the very least, though, a donation is a “present,” which – if made by a foreign government or an agent of such a government or an entity controlled by it – is expressly banned by the text of the Foreign Emoluments Clause with respect to anyone holding “any Office of Profit or Trust” under the United States. Whether it counts as an “emolument” becomes irrelevant if it’s a “present,” which any donation would at least be.
Tribe explains, “Even if the First Daughter and Assistant to the President somehow manages to create formal distance between herself and that version of the Clinton Foundation, which of course her father denounced endlessly during the campaign, the hypocrisy of the move is jaw-dropping.” He adds, “Such contributions would surely constitute a financial benefit to … her brand, and her family’s brand even if she is unable to spend a penny of the contributions themselves. As such, soliciting such contributions violates at least the spirit of the Foreign Emoluments Clause.”

Even more explicitly, the Office of Government Ethics rules, former Republican ethics counsel Richard Painter tells me, “prohibit use of official position to solicit for ANY charity or other private entity.” The OGE guidelines specifically state: “Executive branch employees are subject to restrictions on the gifts that they may accept from sources outside the Government. Unless an exception applies, executive branch employees may not accept gifts that are given because of their official positions or that come from certain interested sources.” The rationale for this is obvious (except to Trump). “Even if a gift is from a person or organization that has no official dealings with the employee’s agency, accepting a gift offered because of the employee’s official position may create an appearance of using public office for private gain,” the OGE guidelines explain. “Moreover, if an employee receives a payment from an outside source in some circumstances, the public may believe that the employee is serving two masters or is distracted by outside activities.”...............And last but certainly not least. Michelle Obama did not wear a head scarf when she visited the kingdom. Awful, evil and  horrible right?........What did Melania do?..................again HYPORCITE MUCH PUBES..........SHUT DOWN THE POLITICAL THREAD FUCK TRUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #1352 - May 21st, 2017 at 9:28pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 8:14pm:
Just to remind people about how wonderful the Saudis are while the Donald is over there sucking Sheik dick....Out of the 19 hijackers on 9/11. 15 were Saudi nationals and there is ample evidence that they were Saudi financed. The US agreed to the biggest arms deal in history to sell the Saudi's weapons. A deal that Jared Kutchner, son-in-law of Trump negotiated. Negotiated down to the detail of calling the CEO of Lockheed Martin and asking for a discount for the poor Saudi's..............Coincidentally, the Saudi's chose that same time frame to donate a $100 million to a very shady fund that that Ivanka supports. :
The World Bank plans to announce Sunday at an event with Ivanka Trump, the U.S. president’s daughter and senior White House adviser, that Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates have pledged $100 million collectively toward a fund for women who own or want to start businesses, according to people familiar with the announcement............You know what would be a great help in supporting woman's human rights in Saudi Arabia? Giving women human rights. Don't tell me Obama didn't do this, or it's Hillary's fault. Tell me specifically what the Trump Admin will do to support human rights in the  kingdom. Besides a 100 billion dollars in weapons.
Ms. Trump has made the promotion of women entrepreneurs a signature part of her focus since her father’s inauguration in January. She has advocated for issues such as paid family leave, though the issue has gained little traction in Congress. While she had proposed the idea of the World Bank fund, Ms. Trump doesn’t control it or raise money for it, one person familiar with the plans said.
What did the  the Trump camp say about the Clinton Foundation on the same issue:
he donations and the White House are not tied. Definitely not. No way! It is a total coincidence the $100 million dollar donation is being made the same weekend a $110 billion arms deal is announced. And never mind that Ivanka Trump is traveling to Saudi Arabia in her official capacity as an ‘Assistant to the President of the United States.’

Let’s recall Donald Trump’s reaction when it came to the Saudis donating to the Clinton Foundation. From October 2016:

When Chris Wallace asked Clinton about reports of conflicts of interest at the foundation, she responded, "I'm thrilled to talk about the Clinton Foundation because it is a world renowned charity and I'm so proud of the work that it does."

Trump shot in that it's a "criminal enterprise."

"Saudi Arabia given $25 million, Qatar, all of these countries. You talk about women and women's rights? These are people that push gays off business, off buildings. These are people that kill women and treat women horribly and yet you take their money," Trump said. "So I'd like to ask you right now why don't you give back the money that you've taken from certain countries that treat certain groups of people so horribly?
Not that it's illegal or anything. Oh. Wait.
If true, this is egregious and potentially illegal, according to multiple ethics and legal experts. “If the donation would be a quid pro quo bribe, then asking for it is certainly solicitation of a bribe, which is every bit as criminal as the bribe itself,” Harvard Law professor Laurence Tribe tells me via email. “But I started that sentence with ‘if’ because I don’t have enough facts about the donation request to opine on the ultimate bribe issue.” Nevertheless, he says:

At the very least, though, a donation is a “present,” which – if made by a foreign government or an agent of such a government or an entity controlled by it – is expressly banned by the text of the Foreign Emoluments Clause with respect to anyone holding “any Office of Profit or Trust” under the United States. Whether it counts as an “emolument” becomes irrelevant if it’s a “present,” which any donation would at least be.
Tribe explains, “Even if the First Daughter and Assistant to the President somehow manages to create formal distance between herself and that version of the Clinton Foundation, which of course her father denounced endlessly during the campaign, the hypocrisy of the move is jaw-dropping.” He adds, “Such contributions would surely constitute a financial benefit to … her brand, and her family’s brand even if she is unable to spend a penny of the contributions themselves. As such, soliciting such contributions violates at least the spirit of the Foreign Emoluments Clause.”

Even more explicitly, the Office of Government Ethics rules, former Republican ethics counsel Richard Painter tells me, “prohibit use of official position to solicit for ANY charity or other private entity.” The OGE guidelines specifically state: “Executive branch employees are subject to restrictions on the gifts that they may accept from sources outside the Government. Unless an exception applies, executive branch employees may not accept gifts that are given because of their official positions or that come from certain interested sources.” The rationale for this is obvious (except to Trump). “Even if a gift is from a person or organization that has no official dealings with the employee’s agency, accepting a gift offered because of the employee’s official position may create an appearance of using public office for private gain,” the OGE guidelines explain. “Moreover, if an employee receives a payment from an outside source in some circumstances, the public may believe that the employee is serving two masters or is distracted by outside activities.”...............And last but certainly not least. Michelle Obama did not wear a head scarf when she visited the kingdom. Awful, evil and  horrible right?........What did Melania do?..................again HYPORCITE MUCH PUBES..........SHUT DOWN THE POLITICAL THREAD FUCK TRUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

You really oughta post a link for where you copied & pasted this, and if you really don't like this thread it's not required that you participate.  Oh no! not you again

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1353 - May 22nd, 2017 at 8:33am

***************************** {    "  I LOVE YOU ALL  !!!!!   "     }   ********************************

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1354 - May 22nd, 2017 at 8:49am
sirmoonie wrote on May 17th, 2017 at 11:52pm:
You know, Telecaster predicted all this.  He knew balls would be in an uproar.  And look around now.  That's all you see in America is balls in uproar. 

Maybe that's why Telecaster came back, after all these years underground?  His resurgence from the dead here has been nothing short of monolithious.  The deft craft, his debonair, his aplombation - Telecaster stands in bold relief to the commoners here.

Ivanka is a Beautiful Woman  :

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #1355 - May 22nd, 2017 at 9:43am
The haters call us Trumpanzees, Joe.  But we know they hate us for our freedoms.  We know there was something divinical afoot with the ascendency of Don Trump to power.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1356 - May 22nd, 2017 at 10:08am
sirmoonie wrote on May 22nd, 2017 at 9:43am:
The haters call us Trumpanzees, Joe.  But we know they hate us for our freedoms.  We know there was something divinical afoot with the ascendency of Don Trump to power.

Concur Sir Moonie  , C10

President Donald J. Trump
(
"  Dear Leader !  " 
) is  ' The Chosen One !!!!  '   .  That is Right  :  Chosen by God to defeat the Evil Kim Jong Un  ( A Real Killer !!!  Worse than Uncle Joe Stalin !!! )   --- China has been No Friggin Help at ALL  . We are talking ALL OUT WAR !!!!  Soon !   ... it is INEVITABLE !!!!  :

« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2017 at 4:50pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #1357 - May 22nd, 2017 at 10:36am
Got me a haircut over the weekend and forgot to tell the barber I wanted a Kim-do.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #1358 - May 22nd, 2017 at 1:43pm
This is embarrassing What's the next stupid shit? Humiliationism.
« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2017 at 1:44pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1359 - May 22nd, 2017 at 1:53pm
Some Guy wrote on May 22nd, 2017 at 1:43pm:
This is embarrassing What's the next stupid shit? Humiliationism.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Civc93gVAAIFNmP.jpg:large

« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2017 at 1:57pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #1360 - May 22nd, 2017 at 2:06pm
Joey, you are the GOAT!

« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2017 at 4:06pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1361 - May 22nd, 2017 at 2:12pm
Edith Grove wrote on May 22nd, 2017 at 10:36am:
Got me a haircut over the weekend and forgot to tell the barber I wanted a Kim-do.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #1362 - May 22nd, 2017 at 2:34pm
Joey ?

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #1363 - May 22nd, 2017 at 4:12pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/watch-melania-trump-swat-donald-away-when-he...

You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid
« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2017 at 4:16pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #1364 - May 22nd, 2017 at 4:45pm
JB?

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #1365 - May 22nd, 2017 at 4:52pm
« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2017 at 4:53pm by mojoman »  

IP Logged

leonid
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #1366 - May 22nd, 2017 at 5:47pm

Ouch! Blank Frigging Stare Oh no! not you again

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #1367 - May 22nd, 2017 at 8:40pm

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #1368 - May 22nd, 2017 at 8:51pm
Edith Grove wrote on May 22nd, 2017 at 8:40pm:

not bad

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1369 - May 22nd, 2017 at 9:17pm
sirmoonie wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 9:50am:
We may see another revolution, Joe.  If we have to, us Trumpeteers will build the Freedom Wall ourselves, toiling in the swelterish conditions, loaving brick by brick toward the sky, with nothing but our own blood, sweat, tears, and enmity, until we have security for god and America. 

Emotional !!!!! :

« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2017 at 8:57am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1370 - May 22nd, 2017 at 9:28pm
Edith Grove wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 11:45am:
Some Guy wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 2:06pm:
You asshats are destroying this country.

Where have we heard this before?  taylor made smile

VERY Emotional  :

« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2017 at 9:19am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #1371 - May 23rd, 2017 at 1:41pm

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #1372 - May 23rd, 2017 at 3:05pm
Edith, without an exit strategy is forced to double down.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #1373 - May 23rd, 2017 at 3:11pm
Some Guy wrote on May 23rd, 2017 at 3:05pm:
Edith, without an exit strategy is forced to double down.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #1374 - May 23rd, 2017 at 3:38pm
Edith is crushing it...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 276
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)