Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"Let it Bleed" with Dwayne Dopsie! JazzFest, New Orleans, La - May 2, 2024 © Chris Granger, The Times-Picayune

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 276
Send Topic Print
The nonsense thread - Enter at your own risk! Warning… 100% off topic and full of nonsense inside (Read 902,737 times)
Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Re: Politics thread (ssc!!)
Reply #925 - Feb 4th, 2017 at 2:37pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Bianca Jagger was on RT.com today  2/4/17

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #926 - Feb 5th, 2017 at 10:09am

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #927 - Feb 5th, 2017 at 10:54am
     " And if there was nothing at the end of the Dallas canyon but empty sky ,  what  , the observer might have asked  ,  would there be for him at the end of that five - year - long canyon ; what would there be at the end if he stayed on as Vice President ? He had accepted the vice presidency because he had felt that at the end might be the presidency . Now there was another man who wanted the presidency . And in five years , Bobby Kennedy would have had five more years to build up a record  . He would have had five years to hold other positions besides attorney general  : secretary of DEFENSE  , perhaps   -- whatever positions he wanted  ,  in the last analysis . And could Lyndon Johnson realistically believe  , after watching the rapport between John Kennedy and his brother  , that if President Kennedy had to choose between him and his brother to be his successor  ,  he would choose Lyndon Johnson  ? Observing Lyndon Johnson's life  , one might have wondered if what was waiting for him at the end of the vice presidency , in that empty space at the end of it , was only that slight , hunched figure he had long hated and now had learned to fear ?
     And what if his vice presidency was not five years longer  , but only one ? What if he was dropped from the ticket in 1964 ?
     He had been saying for some time   -- had apparently convinced himself  -- that that was the probability . That belief  -- that fear  -- may , or may not  , have been justified before the call to Copenhagen , before Bobby Baker had been on magazine cover after magazine cover , before the name of Don Reynolds had entered the picture ; and before this trip to Texas . Given what the President was seeing for himself in Texas , given what was happening at that very moment in the Senate Office Building , the President's assurances that he would be on the ticket might start to have a hollow ring indeed . Whether he had another term as Vice President or not , Lyndon Johnson's prospects may indeed have justified the adjective he had been applying to them :  " Finished . "   

« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2017 at 10:57am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #928 - Feb 5th, 2017 at 11:58am

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #929 - Feb 6th, 2017 at 9:49am
Factory Girl wrote on Feb 4th, 2017 at 2:37pm:
Bianca Jagger was on RT.com today  2/4/17

<  ----------- " I LOVE YOU ALL !!!!  "

« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2017 at 9:51pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #930 - Feb 8th, 2017 at 8:17am

<  ----------- Some Guy    ..... ?!   .... !!!!!   :

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trumpian-shock-and-awe-1485994603

" Trumpian Shock and Awe   "

" Too many political forces are coming to life against the Trump presidency.  "

By DANIEL HENNINGER

“Shock and awe,” a term of art from U.S. war doctrine, has been deployed by advocates of Donald Trump to describe the pace of executive actions the past two weeks.

The military originators of this concept, which is famously associated with the Iraq invasion in 2003, said shock and awe was a “doctrine of rapid dominance” whose goal was to affect the will of an adversary “to fight or respond to our strategic policy.”

That is the theory, and it fits the Trump strategic model: Put political actions in motion and force the world to adjust.

The Trump White House believed it was important for the president to fulfill his campaign commitments immediately, whether the border wall or the immigrant ban. Problems or objections could be dealt with later as the details got worked out.

So far, the White House’s shock and awe of executive orders mainly has effected a popular uprising, and not just in the streets.

To be sure, the political system, especially the bureaucracies, needed to be challenged and shaken up. Almost certainly one reason Team Trump didn’t pass the travel order through normal interagency vetting review is they believed—and experience bears them out—that agency lawyers might have tried to dilute or kill it. Instead, the Trump template will dominate their post-order implementation.

But the aftershocks from Mexico and now the executive order on travelers from seven mostly Muslim countries reveal the liabilities in transferring war-fighting doctrine to politics.

A well-understood law of political motion holds that every political act by a U.S. president puts other significant political forces in motion.

Mr. Trump’s partisan opposition, notably the organized squads of street people, was already on hair trigger. But the fallout from the Trump order on immigrant and refugee restrictions may be bringing to life too many disparate forces against him and his young presidency.

The Trump team, which is all about action, seems determined to push the envelope at every turn. That’s fine, so long as they don’t tear through the envelope, which is what happened when several federal judges poked holes in the executive order’s unfinished legal foundation.

To be clear: The point here has nothing to do with whether Mr. Trump is right on the merits of immigration vetting; Barack Obama imposed visa restrictions on Arab countries twice as antiterror policy. The question is bloodless politics: Is the poor execution of this order and its aftermath putting more negative political forces in motion than the White House or Republicans will be able to control in this presidency’s first 100 days—and beyond?

All political battles are won or lost at the margin, including the 2016 presidential election. Just now, the Republicans’ margin of success for future initiatives looks tighter than it did two weeks ago. If this backlash siphons political capital from the administration’s ability to achieve pro-growth tax cuts, for instance, Mr. Trump’s presidency will be in trouble by fall.

It may be true that the forces arrayed against Mr. Trump now are predictable—Democrats, career progressives and the media. But the half-done visa order has politicized people the administration didn’t need among the disaffected.

That includes the management and employees of the entire tech industry and of many other American companies. It includes some Republicans and important staff in Congress, numerous U.S. universities and research scientists, ambivalent pro-Trump voters, and foreign leaders such as Theresa May,Angela Merkel and Enrique Peña Nieto. Not to mention the men and women now rethinking offers to take subcabinet positions after watching the public humiliation of an unprepared federal attorney in a Brooklyn courtroom Saturday.

One can minimize the importance of any of these alone. But allowing networks of disaffection to form and spread could start tipping the political scales away from the Trump government’s goals.

The Democrats, dead in the water before Inauguration Day, have been given new energy. The fundraising and organizing spigots, always dependent on free publicity, are opening for 2018. On Monday the Democratic campaign committee published a target list of 33 GOP House seats in districts Hillary Clinton won or lost narrowly.

It is early days for Mr. Trump. This storm may pass. But Lyndon Johnson, the most deft of politicians, was never able to get control of similar forces, which undid his presidency when the antiwar movement of the 1960s took on a life of its own. This White House should not want an anti-Trump psychology, inflamed by the limitless gasoline of social media, to compete with and weaken the president’s support.

The White House could argue that clarifying battle lines in the public mind is important, and doing what’s right will win. But you had better be sure the correlation of forces stays in your favor. The graveyards are filled with generals who thought they had the right idea, before they were overrun.  "

« Last Edit: Feb 8th, 2017 at 11:51am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #931 - Feb 9th, 2017 at 8:40pm
Marie wrote on Jan 30th, 2017 at 4:51pm:
PDog.....the only bully I see around here is YOU.

You can agree to disagree....people like you are dangerous too.

could you support this with some fake news or alternative facts at least...
of course i'm dangerous. I speak for those who are oppressed, even though I myself am not, I'm in the privileged class...

think on this... but don't hurt yourself. your comment above looks like it really made you think. probably needed a 💤💤💤 after that.

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #932 - Feb 10th, 2017 at 6:28am
Another week of Trumpty Dumpty is complete.....

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #933 - Feb 10th, 2017 at 8:08am
gimmekeef wrote on Feb 10th, 2017 at 6:28am:

LOL

Trumpty Dumpty

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
IP Logged

lavendar
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Buffalo,NY
Reply #934 - Feb 10th, 2017 at 8:25am
Good One! LOL

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #935 - Feb 11th, 2017 at 9:39am

Only 205 more to go.  Oh no! not you again Retarded post

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #936 - Feb 11th, 2017 at 10:06am
     " There was a sharp  , cracking sound .
     It  ' startled '  him  , Lyndon Johnson was to say ; it sounded like a '  report  or explosion ,  ' and he did not know what it was . Others in the motorcade thought it was a backfire from one of the police motorcycles , or a firecracker someone in the crowd had set off ,  but John Connolly , who had hunted all his life , knew in the instant he heard it that it was a shot from a high - powered rifle .
     Rufus Youngblood did not know what it was , but he saw  ' not normal movements ' in the presidential car ahead down the incline  -- President Kennedy seemed to be tilting toward his left  -- and in the Queen Mary immediately ahead of him , one of the agents was suddenly rising to his feet , with an automatic rifle in his hands .  Whirling in his seat , Youngblood shouted  --  in a  '  voice I had never heard him ever use ,  ' Lady Bird says   ---  '  Get Down !  GET DOWN !    ' and , grabbing Johnson's right shoulder , yanked him roughly down toward the floor in the center of the car , as he almost leapt over the back of the front seat , and threw his body over the Vice President's body , shouting again  ,  '  GET DOWN !  GET DOWN !  '  By the time , a matter of only eight seconds later , that the next two sharp reports had cracked out  -- everyone knew what they were now  -- Lyndon Johnson was down on the floor in the back seat of the car , curled over on his right side . The sudden  , loud , sharp sound  ,  the hand suddenly grabbing his shoulder and pulling him down  --  now he was on the floor , his face on the floor , with the weight of a big man lying on top of him , pressing him down  ; Lyndon Johnson would never forget  '  his knees in my back and his elbows in my back .  "

« Last Edit: Feb 11th, 2017 at 10:19am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #937 - Feb 11th, 2017 at 1:01pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Feb 11th, 2017 at 9:39am:

Voodoo already predicted that we is going to resign earlier, he's worse than Nixon

IP Logged

Maxmeister
Rocks Off Regular

Locked, cocked and ready
to rock!

Reply #938 - Feb 11th, 2017 at 2:18pm
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Feb 11th, 2017 at 1:01pm:

Voodoo already predicted that we is going to resign earlier, he's worse than Nixon

Voodoo, you are far too kind. Nixon looks like the second coming comparatively.

Rick

"Share the pain and laughter in a world beset with fools." Jagger/Richards

Always know if the juice is worth the squeeze.

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #939 - Feb 12th, 2017 at 7:11am

But then we get Pence. Kiss my undercover ass

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #940 - Feb 12th, 2017 at 9:00am
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Feb 12th, 2017 at 7:11am:

But then we get Pence. Kiss my undercover ass

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #941 - Feb 12th, 2017 at 11:53am
      " He could not see anything other than Lady Bird's shoes and legs in front of his face  -- she and Yarborough were ducking forward as far as they could . Above him , as he lay there , he heard Youngblood yelling to Herschel Jacks to  '  Close it up !  CLOSE IT UP !   '   --- the Secret Service agent still was not sure what had happened  , but he knew he would have the most protection if he stayed close to the car ahead of him that was packed with men and guns ; and  , lying on the floor with Youngblood on top of him , Lyndon Johnson felt the car beneath him leap forward as Jacks floored the gas pedal , and he felt he car speeding  ---  '  terrifically fast ,  ' Lady Bird was to say , '  faster and faster  ' ;  '  I remember the way that car   ... zoomed ,  ' Johnson was to say  --  and then the brakes were slammed on , and the tires screamed almost in his ear as the car took a right turn much too fast , squealing up the ramp to an expressway , and hurtled forward again . ' Stay with them  -- keep close !  ' Youngblood was shouting above him . The shortwave radio was still strapped to Youngblood's shoulder  , so that it was almost in Johnson's ear . The radio had been set to the Secret Service's Baker frequency , which kept Youngblood in touch with the vice presidential follow - up car , but now Johnson heard he agent's voice above him say ,  ' I am switching to Charlie '  -- the frequency that would connect him with the Queen Mary ahead of him . For a moment there was  , from the radio , only crackling , and then Johnson heard someone saying ,  '  He is hit ! HURRY , HE IS HIT !  ' and then ' Let's get out of here ! '  --- and then in his ear a lot of almost unintelligible shouting , out of which one word emerged clearly : ' hospital . '

« Last Edit: Feb 12th, 2017 at 12:05pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #942 - Feb 12th, 2017 at 12:28pm
     " The tone was to get meaner . ' I am just like a fox , ' Lyndon Johnson once boasted  . ' I can see the jugular in any man and go for it  , but I always keep myself in rein . I keep myself on a leash , just like you would an animal . ' The first phrase in that boast was accurate . Lyndon Johnson had always had a gift for finding a person's  ' jugular , ' his most vulnerable spot , the one in which he could most deeply be hurt . The rest of the boast , however , was not  . If he kept himself in rein ,  on a leash  ,  it was a leash that  , all through his life , had been frequently unfastened . His ability to hurt had always been combined with a willingness  -- an eagerness , in fact  -- to put the ability to use  ; with a cruelty , a viciousness , a desire to hurt for the sake of hurting . Now his unerring eye had located  , beneath the pale mask of Robert Kennedy's grief , the place in which  , because of his brother's assassination  , Robert Kennedy was most vulnerable  . And the leash came off . Johnson told Pierre Salinger  , in a remark he obviously intended to get back to Kennedy  , that Jack Kennedy's death might have been  '  divine retribution  '  for his  '  participation  '  in assassination plots against other heads of state .  '  Lyndon Johnson said to Pierre Salinger that he was not sure but that the assassination of President Kennedy did not take place in retribution for his participation in the assassinations of Trujillo and President Diem ,  '  Robert Kennedy said during an oral history interview in April , 1964 . ' Divine Retribution . He said that . Then he went on and said that when he was growing up  , somebody he knew  -- who had misbehaved  --  ... ran into a tree  , hit his head , and became cross - eyed . He said that was God's retribution for people who were bad  ... God put his mark on them . And that this [ President Kennedy's assassination ] might very well be God's retribution to President Kennedy for his participation in the assassination of these two people . " 

« Last Edit: Feb 12th, 2017 at 12:37pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #943 - Feb 12th, 2017 at 8:54pm
Words of wisdom courtesy of Raymond Buckley:

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #944 - Feb 13th, 2017 at 7:00am
Edith Grove wrote on Feb 12th, 2017 at 8:54pm:
Words of wisdom courtesy of Raymond Buckley:

I understand there is way too much whining about the Admin. But as long as Trump uses Twitter as his bully pulpit he looks far from Presidential. Both sides need to grow up and get working.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #945 - Feb 13th, 2017 at 9:07am
gimmekeef wrote on Feb 13th, 2017 at 7:00am:
as long as Trump uses Twitter as his bully pulpit he looks far from Presidential.

I hear what you're saying, but I rather like Trump's use of Twitter.

I don't think you can blame the man for wanting to get the message out on his terms, rather than letting the various news sources twist & turn that message before it gets to the public.
It may not be as "Presidential" as some would like, but it keeps some of the shadier news sources somewhat in check.

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #946 - Feb 13th, 2017 at 9:43am
Edith Grove wrote on Feb 13th, 2017 at 9:07am:
as long as Trump uses Twitter as his bully pulpit he looks far from Presidential.

I don't think you can blame the man for wanting to get the message out on his terms, rather than letting the various news sources twist & turn that message before it gets to the public.
It may not be as "Presidential" as some would like, but it keeps some of the shadier news sources somewhat in check.

Damn Straight My Stonesian Brother .

In the 1980's President Ronald Reagan used to begin his Press Conferences by reading off of 3 X 5 Index Cards  . It was The President's way of getting out HIS side of the story and it worked wonders for him as the Press spent the next fifteen minutes asking questions and discussing what he had just stated . Brilliant . 

Twitter is today's Index Cards .

And as for Putin , President Trump is exactly right . Vladimir is a saint compared to Stalin and many of the things the United States has done over the decades  . We went into Iraq because Saddam tried to assassinate our then President's Daddy and the U.S.A. assassinated South Vietnamese President Diem which threw all of Southeast Asia into a Gigantic Crisis  ( Six Million Vietnamese Deaths   --- on par with Hitler and the Holocaust ) . Even Ho Chi Minh admitted that ' Diem was not so bad  ' .  In fact , it was not until early 1964 that Ho and Giap finally decided to ' take whatever beating the U.S.A. was going to inflict  '  and unite their country  . Ho was a Nationalist .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1964_in_the_Vietnam_War

" Hit Me Ronnie !!!!  "

Joey Trump ! ®
« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2017 at 10:54am by Joey »  

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #947 - Feb 13th, 2017 at 12:22pm

Breitbart?....if the Tweets were solely about policy perhaps..but Nordstrom's and Apprentice ratings?..makes him look like a clown. If he wants a clearer message getting out the dump Kellyanne and Spicer..they are incompetent
« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2017 at 12:23pm by gimmekeef »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #948 - Feb 13th, 2017 at 2:07pm

couldn't find Trump colored glasses but this will do...

Edith?

« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2017 at 2:33pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #949 - Feb 13th, 2017 at 3:26pm
DNC undermined Bernie's campaign, and promoted HRC as the nominee.  They own their defeat.

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 276
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)