Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 276
Send Topic Print
The nonsense thread - Enter at your own risk! Warning… 100% off topic and full of nonsense inside (Read 901,567 times)
Tumbling Dijs
Rocks Off Regular

The Stones in a club is
still the ultimate rush.

Re: Politics thread (ssc!!)
Reply #325 - Oct 8th, 2016 at 1:30pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Robert De Niro, love this man!

« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2016 at 1:34pm by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland »  

IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #326 - Oct 9th, 2016 at 11:20am
Cape Fear was a good movie!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #327 - Oct 9th, 2016 at 1:00pm
     " Fat Man is indeed off target , missing the Mitsubishi torpedo plant by almost two miles .
     It does not matter .
     ' The pillar of fire became a living thing , ' New York Times journalist William Laurence will write , watching the explosion on board the Great Artiste .  ' A species of being born right before incredulous eyes . It seethed and boiled in white fury like a thousand geysers .  '
     On the ground in Nagasaki , an estimated forty - five thousand men , women and children die instantly ; another sixty thousand are badly injured . There is no firestorm , as in Hiroshima , because Fat Man detonates in the foothills of the steep , wooded folds of the Urakami Valley , thus preventing the blast from expanding outward .  However , the traumatic flash burns and the carbonization of the dead and dying are no less intense .
     Once again , thousands are crushed in the rubble of their own homes and businesses . The unique construction of Nagasaki's bomb shelters , which are mostly caves dug into the hillsides , turns the stone passageways into ovens that burn hundreds alive in an instant . Throughout he city , many of the burned walk for miles before collapsing and dying . Still others suffer not just from burns but also from vomiting and bloody diarrhea , which kill them within a week of Fat Man's detonation . Thousands of victims watch their skin grow yellow ; they are doomed to die weeks and months later from radiation poisoning . The city of Nagasaki , having no place to bury all the bodies , establishes open - air crematoriums to burn the dead .  "

« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2016 at 1:10pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #328 - Oct 10th, 2016 at 11:43am

*************  {   "  YES SIR !!!!!!  "    }   ******************

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #329 - Oct 10th, 2016 at 3:47pm

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #330 - Oct 10th, 2016 at 4:24pm

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #331 - Oct 10th, 2016 at 8:59pm

<  ------------   " I Love You All !!!!!   "

« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2016 at 5:29am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #332 - Oct 10th, 2016 at 9:36pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Oct 10th, 2016 at 3:47pm:

***************  " SIGH !!!!!  "   *******************

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #333 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 5:28am
Joey ?

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #334 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 5:30am

Yes Edith !!!!!!  :  Joey   :

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #335 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 9:24pm

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #336 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 9:37pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Oct 10th, 2016 at 3:47pm:

<     ---------     It is Coming !!!!!!!

« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2016 at 10:01pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #337 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 9:41pm

" I LOVE YOU ALL  !!!!!!   "

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #338 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 9:56pm

« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2016 at 10:17pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #339 - Oct 12th, 2016 at 6:30am
Joey, even your A game can't save this thread.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #340 - Oct 12th, 2016 at 1:51pm
Russian official drops 'p' word in describing 2016 race

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov raised eyebrows Wednesday when he said there were "p***ies on both sides of the U.S. presidential election.

CNN host Christiane Amanpour made reference to the anti-government protest band "Pussy Riot" when asking Lavrov about the controversy surrounding lewd remarks Trump made in 2005, and which were leaked Friday.

"Russia has had its own Pussy Riot moment. What do you think of Donald Trump’s Pussy Riot moment?" she asked.

The interview went downhill from there.

"English is not my mother tongue, I don't know if I would sound decent. There are so many p***ies around the presidential campaign on both sides that I prefer not to comment on this," Lavrov said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2016/events/elections-2016-live-blog

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #341 - Oct 12th, 2016 at 3:56pm
Mick Jagger on why he can't trump Trump:

Don't forget to turn on the sound....

https://twitter.com/RollingStones/status/786267908343083012?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #342 - Oct 12th, 2016 at 5:09pm
just checking to see if Riffy showed up to call anyone a limp wristed libtard that's destroying America....

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #343 - Oct 12th, 2016 at 6:00pm
Pdog wrote on Oct 12th, 2016 at 5:09pm:
just checking to see if Riffy showed up to call anyone a limp wristed libtard that's destroying America....

meet me in the future not the pasture.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #344 - Oct 13th, 2016 at 10:33am

<  ---------- Some Guy   ?!  .... !!!!! :

http://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-party-of-one-1476313703

" Trump’s Party of One  "

" Donald Trump is right where he wants to be—alone, and at the center of it all.  "

By DANIEL HENNINGER

" The 2016 presidential election feels like a 1930s Hollywood movie about people lost in a jungle. No, not “ King Kong.” The one in which lost souls slog and sweat through a swamp, attacked by bugs, cobwebs and things falling out of the trees. Inevitably there’s a moment when one of the party, gripped by fever, abandons the group and heads deeper into the swamp alone.

Donald Trump is now a party of one. It’s better that way.

Never forget that Donald Trump is a celebrity. He called his show “The Celebrity Apprentice” and stocked it with celebrities because he saw that America’s appetite for fame had become limitless.

Mr. Trump, however, was not just one of the dime-a-dozen celebrities who pile up like tumbleweeds on reality TV. Donald Trump was—and remains—a mega-celebrity. He exists in the upper atmosphere of fame where people are known by one name: Beyoncé, Gaga, Tiger, Trump.

Defining Mr. Trump as a celebrity is not intended as denigration. It is an admission of some realities about him that the political culture never quite recognized.

At some point in the upward spiral, whether they wish it or not, celebrities separate from everyone else. They are powerful, charismatic, often petulant loners.

One of the reigning ideas in political science is that presidential candidates emerge from an array of forces—politicians, activists, donors—who ultimately come together around an individual who is best able to carry the party flag of Republican or Democrat.

It was never in the cards that Donald Trump, an utterly unique phenomenon, would integrate his interests with the interests of the Republican Party. The two simply don’t inhabit the same space.

“It is so nice that the shackles have been taken off me,” he tweeted, “and I can now fight for America the way I want to.” Take his word for it: Donald Trump is where he wants to be—alone, the center of it all, a party of one.

It is almost surely true that the GOP’s three principal figures—Reince Priebus, Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell—always understood this. But there was no chance—none—that any would ever admit that Mr. Trump was running as an independent candidate inside the formal structure of the Republican Party. Mr. Trump’s 45% plurality in the primaries—and the possibility that some of them might defect from the party’s candidates—guaranteed that this obvious reality could never go public.

This meant that nearly all other Republican candidates would have to survive in a universe different than Donald Trump’s. From the day Mr. Trump secured the nomination, there was never much chance that he would integrate his personal fame, for example, with the pedestrian daily grind and needs of a Kelly Ayotte in New Hampshire or Pat Toomey in Pennsylvania.

Whether they or the other at-risk candidates— Richard Burr, Rob Portman, Ron Johnson or Mark Kirk—should have been pro-Trump or anti-Trump is at this point a secondary matter to the practical realities of their own campaigns.

Donald Trump passes in and out of their states like a visiting meteor. It’s an awesome event, but there’s nothing they can do but gape, and get back to work inside the smaller orbit of a North Carolina or Wisconsin.

Many Trump supporters are currently in a rage because these candidates won’t merely attach themselves to Mr. Trump’s candidacy. But that is hard to do when every few days the mercurial Mr. Trump is producing a personal October surprise or midcourse policy correction.

Some may call this genius. It still means that these candidates, rather than conduct a consistent campaign of their own, must answer reporters’ questions about every new variable or revelation that is wholly idiosyncratic to Mr. Trump. It’s impossible.

The question now is whether Republican voters and Mr. Trump’s supporters can distinguish between his unique candidacy and everything else. In short: Forget unity and live with the reality before everyone’s eyes.

His most dedicated supporters either will stay aloft to share in his go-it-alone, in-your-face triumph, or fall to earth with him. But refusing to vote for at-risk Republican incumbents because of insufficient Trump loyalty or disdain for his candidacy is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Just two years ago, voters sent arguably the strongest class to the U.S. Senate in a generation, including Tom Cotton, Cory Gardner, Joni Ernst, Ben Sasse and Dan Sullivan. Now many of these same voters are threatening to tell them: Drop dead under the thumbs of Chuck Schumer, Elizabeth Warren and Nancy Pelosi. The Clinton super PAC, Priorities USA, is spending money on congressional races to achieve precisely that.

As to relaunching the past year’s populism project for 2020, that’s a pipe dream if Democrats win it all by default. Full progressive government control, including a compliant Supreme Court, will impose so many political constraints, notably on fundraising, that the populists will have to head into the woods with the Bundy family.

Let Trump be Trump. Enjoy the ride. But Republican and independent voters have to figure out where the limits lie. "

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #345 - Oct 13th, 2016 at 3:42pm
You stick your head above the crowd and attract attention and sometimes somebody will throw a rock at you. That's the territory. You buy the land, you get the Indians.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #346 - Oct 13th, 2016 at 3:47pm
He who knows how will always work for he who knows why.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #347 - Oct 13th, 2016 at 4:20pm
I happen to know the father of a former Miss Louisiana USA.
She was contacted today by the Huffington Post to ask if she witnessed any harassment.

Dems are desperate, ya'll.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #348 - Oct 13th, 2016 at 9:17pm
Some Guy wrote on Oct 13th, 2016 at 3:47pm:
He who knows how will always work for he who knows why.

IP Logged

leonid
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #349 - Oct 13th, 2016 at 9:41pm
Edith Grove wrote on Oct 13th, 2016 at 4:20pm:
I happen to know the father of a former Miss Louisiana USA.
She was contacted today by the Huffington Post to ask if she witnessed any harassment.

Dems are desperate, ya'll.

Dems are desperate? Haha, are you serious? The Republican Party is that little turd that refuses to flush. It just circles the bowl being the pathetic little turd that it is.

When is a Riffy gonna make his return? Political threads are a China shop and Riffy is the bull.  Maybe Bucky can get those guys on the horn, rally the troops.

Brian's smile Wow! Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 276
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)