Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"Let it Bleed" with Dwayne Dopsie! JazzFest, New Orleans, La - May 2, 2024 © Chris Granger, The Times-Picayune

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Send Topic Print
Keith Writing With Mick Now? ... Keith Mentioned it ... from Ian (Read 62,579 times)
Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Re: Keith Writing With Mick Now? ... Keith Mentioned it ... from Ian
Reply #125 - Jan 8th, 2016 at 7:16pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Gazza wrote on Jan 7th, 2016 at 4:53pm:
The press have an understanding to leave the Stones alone?

Are you for real?

If they cant leave the bloody Royal Family alone, they're hardly going to single out a group of ageing rockstars for kid gloves treatment in case they get upset!

They're leaving them alone because hardly anyone cares ffs!

No .. if nobody cared Rolling Stone Magazine and a slew of others would not of been reporting it.. either the press cares or they don't...but it is not both.

So why has nobody photographed them. Certainly following or finding Mick Jagger is not that difficult to people in the press, in the know and that have a mission. Why not take a snap shot of them going <in> to the studio or report where? Because they are laying off of them right now <purposefully> .. is what I'm saying is all.

So now I have a question for you .. if they are not working on the album now, and they plan to have an album out next late summer or fall .. when on earth do you think they will pick up recording it again. Would it make sense to let precious time waste and try picking everything up again in April? ...May? ... Now way Gazz.. that is not realistic and that would be not enough time.

When the release date or studio sessions for this album are released I am sure they will be listed in January 16 every bit as December 15.
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2016 at 7:18pm by Ian Billen »  

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

patioaintdry
Rocks Off Regular

the pools in but the patio
ain't dry

Reply #126 - Jan 8th, 2016 at 10:18pm
UPI sources indicate that U.S. publications Newsweek & Creem Magazine along with London paper News of the World are preparing coverage.

IP Logged

leonid
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #127 - Jan 8th, 2016 at 11:41pm
Ian Billen wrote on Jan 8th, 2016 at 7:16pm:

Are you for real?

If they cant leave the bloody Royal Family alone, they're hardly going to single out a group of ageing rockstars for kid gloves treatment in case they get upset!

No .. if nobody cared Rolling Stone Magazine and a slew of others would not of been reporting it.. either the press cares or they don't...but it is not both.

So why has nobody photographed them. Certainly following or finding Mick Jagger is not that difficult to people in the press, in the know and that have a mission. Why not take a snap shot of them going <in> to the studio or report where? Because they are laying off of them right now <purposefully> .. is what I'm saying is all.

So now I have a question for you .. if they are not working on the album now, and they plan to have an album out next late summer or fall .. when on earth do you think they will pick up recording it again. Would it make sense to let precious time waste and try picking everything up again in April? ...May? ... Now way Gazz.. that is not realistic and that would be not enough time.

When the release date or studio sessions for this album are released I am sure they will be listed in January 16 every bit as December 15.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #128 - Jan 9th, 2016 at 10:30am
Don't you find it odd that the band hasn't had a good album since 1981?

IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #129 - Jan 9th, 2016 at 11:10am
Ian Billen wrote on Jan 8th, 2016 at 7:16pm:

Are you for real?

Ian, I'm not saying they aren't working on an album but my bet is either another couple songs at most or I'd speculate that they are secluded each individually secluded in their many mansions, sleeping during the day, enjoying their vast wealth, and getting caned. The reason the press are not covering them is that they have to allocate their funds to where demand is the highest and they are not going to send photographers or their employees to Mustique, the Turks and Caicos, Jamaica, Connecticut, Sussex, or even somewhere in London when the majority of their readers don't give a toss about the Stones recording an album. Now if Mick was shagging some actress, then they would, but people generally don't care. The idea that the press are respecting the privacy of the Stones is laughable. They don't GIVE A TOSS about the Stones or their privacy.

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

They'll Never Make a Saint
of Me!

2000 light years from home
Reply #130 - Jan 9th, 2016 at 12:09pm
The Wick wrote on Jan 9th, 2016 at 11:10am:
Ian, I'm not saying they aren't working on an album but my bet is either another couple songs at most or I'd speculate that they are secluded each individually secluded in their many mansions, sleeping during the day, enjoying their vast wealth, and getting caned.

Caning is a bit harsh for men their ages, to be brutally frank about it. Caning can leave deep bruises and welts, which would take longer to heal on older men (even for a guy in good shape like Mick). No, they'd be best off with light floggings (suede floggers don't sting as much and don't leave many red marks) or spankings. But--all those punishments are probably old hat to these guys by now, so I suspect that their dominants need to be more creative.

BDSM in Classic Rock thread

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #131 - Jan 9th, 2016 at 1:33pm
If I hadn't done a good job since 1981, I would've been fired in 1982.

IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #132 - Jan 9th, 2016 at 5:55pm
Freya Gin wrote on Jan 9th, 2016 at 12:09pm:
Ian, I'm not saying they aren't working on an album but my bet is either another couple songs at most or I'd speculate that they are secluded each individually secluded in their many mansions, sleeping during the day, enjoying their vast wealth, and getting caned.

Caning is a bit harsh for men their ages, to be brutally frank about it. Caning can leave deep bruises and welts, which would take longer to heal on older men (even for a guy in good shape like Mick). No, they'd be best off with light floggings (suede floggers don't sting as much and don't leave many red marks) or spankings. But--all those punishments are probably old hat to these guys by now, so I suspect that their dominants need to be more creative.

Erm, UK slang . . .

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #133 - Jan 9th, 2016 at 6:19pm

Lol .. Ok Gazza and The Wick .. then they aren't working on it. In fact.. there is no album.. your both right. .. ... .

Guys.. their plan was to pick things back up in January after Christmas.

Why on Gods planet are some of the people on rocksoff so hell bent on thinking they cant be in the studio (even though things point to the the notion that they probably would have to be at this time) ...just like there was no interest in making a new album.

Guys.. they PLANNED on being in the studio right now.. They PLAN on releasing an album next year and they have already started on it. There have been no sightings or reportings on them.

Why the fuck are you guys so against the concept right down to the probability they are recording or writing material ... Lol W-O-W

If anything .. in all probability there is a damn good chance they are.. or at least SHOULD be at this point. Lol ... this is incredible what I go through here about something that <is> ... just like YES they are going to do another album.. now that we are past that ...now its <no .. they aren't in the studio working on it as they said they had planned .. they are getting blasted all secluded in their mansions> ....

When the album does finally drop you and Gazza and a handfull of others will be arguing with me it was all Mick Jagger songs and Keith couldn't even contribute to it hes so far gone .. OR ... You'll be saying that it isn't actually The Stones on the record ..... it is a group who's dupped them.... wow lol
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2016 at 6:25pm by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #134 - Jan 9th, 2016 at 6:30pm
When did I say there was 'no album' ? Stop twisting my words or making shit up.

All a bit rich considering your utter denial about Keith making an album until the day it was officially announced.

Vague statements about working on songs in the New Year mean nothing. Nor do tentative timeframes for the release of a record. No one's rushing them or badgering them for a release date but you, it would appear!

The fact that they're not spending much time together is irrelevant. They dont even have to be in the same continent as each other to make a record, let alone in the same room.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #135 - Jan 9th, 2016 at 7:32pm
The Wick wrote on Jan 9th, 2016 at 5:55pm:
Freya Gin wrote on Jan 9th, 2016 at 12:09pm:

Erm, UK slang . . .

Ah, didn't know that was a thing other than the common meaning of being beaten with a cane. I had to look that one up. Probably still not a good idea as one or more of the guys could be on prescription meds that wouldn't mix well with alcohol.

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #136 - Jan 9th, 2016 at 7:39pm
I've skipped most of this thread. Have I missed anything?

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

patioaintdry
Rocks Off Regular

ain't dry

Reply #137 - Jan 9th, 2016 at 9:44pm
Steel Wheels wrote on Jan 9th, 2016 at 7:39pm:

Not really - it appears an insecure solitary man, seeking acceptance & attention, continues to put forth delusional paranoid diatribes about how right he is about a new something or other.

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #138 - Jan 9th, 2016 at 10:03pm
patioaintdry wrote on Jan 9th, 2016 at 9:44pm:
Steel Wheels wrote on Jan 9th, 2016 at 7:39pm:

Not really - it appears an insecure solitary man, seeking acceptance & attention, continues to put forth delusional paranoid diatribes about how right he is about a new something or other.

Delusional .. tell me something .. how can that be? ...because Ronnie said they are to start working in December on an album and then get back together in January? Because they already started on it in December Lol .. and they are all still in the same country.

Hell .. at least my theory has a basis .. your theory that they aren't recording has absolutely none.. yet I'm the one delusional?  What makes you so right? Just because you say they arent.. Im just going by what they said and what we already know for sure.

Yet Im the one delusional? .. How do you come to that one?
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2016 at 10:04pm by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #139 - Jan 9th, 2016 at 10:08pm

All a bit rich considering your utter denial about Keith making an album until the day it was officially announced.

>> Well yeah .. he had been putting it off for like four years.. (and working on it for five) ...I had a reason to be very skeptical. But I'll admit I was wrong about that in the end.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The fact that they're not spending much time together is irrelevant.

>> They just spent a couple weeks together at least for certain.. and how on earth do you know if they are spending time together or not? Nobodys seen any of them in over a month? (well except a video from .. oh ...btw ....them in the studio lol.. or maybe I dreamed that?)

----------------------------------------------------------------

They dont even have to be in the same continent as each other to make a record, let alone in the same room.

>> What...? What do you mean they don't have to be in the same continent together to make a record ..? What are you talking about?

« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2016 at 10:13pm by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #140 - Jan 9th, 2016 at 10:51pm
Tracks can be made with artists in different parts of the world. The recent Don Henley track with Mick...Mick wasn't even in Don's presence when he recorded the vocals.

It happens all the time.

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #141 - Jan 9th, 2016 at 11:02pm
Unleash hell Ian! You will all rue the day...

IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #142 - Jan 10th, 2016 at 12:13am
Ian, look at what I wrote. I didn't say they aren't recording a new album but if I had to put money on it, it would be on a couple tracks like they have done for the last 10 years and I'll add to that and say that if they have got together recently it has more to do with Exhibitionism than a new album. You may be right and I hope you are because I would love to hear new stuff, but I don't have high hopes. As for the press, they don't give a crap about the Stones unless it's a slow news day or there is a scandal, a tragedy, baby news, or a wedding.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #143 - Jan 10th, 2016 at 8:02am
Ian, they did a few days together or a couple of weeks (at best) which ended a couple of weeks before Christmas. I said 'not spending much time together at present' . Is English your first language? The video they posted was a Christmas message - which was obviously filmed er....sometime before Christmas

As for not even having to be in the same room - have you ever heard of things like overdubs or pro tools?

Ronnie didnt play with the band on A Bigger Bang. He added about four days worth of overdubs a couple of months later because he was drying out when the rest of the band were together. He's hardly on the album at all.

When they recorded 'Watching The River Flow' for the Boogie4Stu album about four years ago with Ben Waters, Ronnie and Charlie did their parts in London, Keith then added his contribution in New York and finally Mick did his vocal in his home in the south of France.

... ... ...
IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #144 - Jan 10th, 2016 at 9:17am
I'm going to drop some acid and re-read this thread. Might actually make sense that way.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #145 - Jan 10th, 2016 at 1:47pm
gimmekeef wrote on Jan 10th, 2016 at 9:17am:
I'm going to drop some acid and re-read this thread. Might actually make sense that way.

Tell us what you come up with.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #146 - Jan 10th, 2016 at 7:21pm
Gazza wrote on Jan 10th, 2016 at 8:02am:
Ian, they did a few days together or a couple of weeks (at best) which ended a couple of weeks before Christmas. I said 'not spending much time together at present' . Is English your first language? The video they posted was a Christmas message - which was obviously filmed er....sometime before Christmas

As for not even having to be in the same room - have you ever heard of things like overdubs or pro tools?

Ronnie didnt play with the band on A Bigger Bang. He added about four days worth of overdubs a couple of months later because he was drying out when the rest of the band were together. He's hardly on the album at all.

When they recorded 'Watching The River Flow' for the Boogie4Stu album about four years ago with Ben Waters, Ronnie and Charlie did their parts in London, Keith then added his contribution in New York and finally Mick did his vocal in his home in the south of France.

>> Yes I've heard about Pro tools and overdubs .. but guy .. that is <not> how The Rolling Stones work on an album as far as recording the meat of the project.

The only time Mick and Keith were not directly involved in the writing process and recording together was Tattoo You... because it was simply an album comprised of collecting and sprucing up out takes.

In knowing how The Rolling Stones work on every single other album .. Mick, Keith, Charlie (at least are always present during the meat of the sessions).

I don't know how else to say this but my gosh .... You reach for everything against the fact ...when it comes to them recording... now it appears you are reaching to or pointing things toward they may not even be working on the album 'together' at all when they try to create it and could potentially do this while all in different countries (?) .. and that has no basis.

Look ...Here is what we know for sure A. The Rolling Stones are planning on a new studio album   B. They have already started on it  C. They planned on working on it this year   D. They were all in London working on it previously and they are all still in London as far as we all know.

Reports are they worked very hard on it for a few weeks ..
Ronnie said they were to work up until Christmas and then get back together in January on it.

That is what we know for certain thus far.. Some times.. <it is what it is> Some times it's not always 'something else' ...some times things are what they are lol. Just as per our discussion as to who worked on what and how much and who wrote what on A Bigger Bang .. Gazza .. <and people> See here ..>> I'm just going by what they say and what is reported and the facts that we currently know for sure.

Same is true right now. I'm not the one delusional or half baked.. fuck Im just going by the facts of what we know for sure and what they say lol (not sure why so many here have such a problem with me following those lines all the time).

And anyway .. Like I originally said ... I wasn't saying 110 % for certain they were working on it.. I was simply saying 'my guess' is that they are .. I was simply saying there was a very good chance of that...and odds are much more of that than against it. . yet everyone jumps on this bandwagon of thats crazy .. they dont even need to be in the same country together make an album (which is not realistic .. no not all of them at every juncture but fwuck ya can have each of the four of them at opposite ends of the planet and expect them to get an album out.. that isnt realistc)

Ian
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2016 at 9:01pm by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

patioaintdry
Rocks Off Regular

ain't dry

Reply #147 - Jan 10th, 2016 at 8:57pm
Ian, you are correct and we are all wrong. You are terribly underappreciated on this board - I'd quit and take your brilliance elsewhere. You do not deserve this shabby treatment.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #148 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 1:45pm
Some new great material seems a little more urgent today.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #149 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 3:11pm
Hate to state the obvious but 'planning to do something' doesnt necessarily mean its happening or is going to happen at the time you (vaguely) intended.

I know this is a bit hard to grasp for some Americans, but theres a lot more to the UK than London. How do you know they're 'all in London' ?  Charlie lives about 150-200 miles away. Keith lives about 90 miles away (when he's there at all)

Pierre de Beauport returning to the US a week before Christmas (and posting as such on fb) and giving no updates on his whereabouts since to suggest he's left the US would suggest that if Keith is in the UK, its highly unlikely he's doing much recording there.

I'm with Some Guy on this. Today's news gives a bit of perspective. I hope they get around to making new music sooner rather than later.
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2016 at 3:13pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)