Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Send Topic Print
Keith Writing With Mick Now? ... Keith Mentioned it ... from Ian (Read 62,478 times)
Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Re: Keith Writing With Mick Now? ... Keith Mentioned it ... from Ian
Reply #75 - Dec 11th, 2015 at 4:37pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Gazza wrote on Dec 10th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Ian Billen wrote on Dec 10th, 2015 at 5:05pm:
Gazza wrote on Dec 10th, 2015 at 4:32pm:
Zack wrote on Dec 10th, 2015 at 8:27am:
The Rolling Stones are recording their first album in 10 years right now
Rebecca Lewis for Metro.co.uk
Thursday 10 Dec 2015 11:52 am

The Rolling Stones are in the studio and recording their first album in 10 years

Nearly three months after Keith Richards hinted at brand new Rolling Stones music the band have confirmed fans will get their first album in ten years, in 2016.

Mick Jagger, Keith, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts – who have a combined age of 265 – have been in a studio in London for the last week to record what will be their 30th studio album, and their follow up album from 2005’s A Bigger Bang.

Stones insider Ian Billen told The Sun that although it’s ‘very early stuff’ the band hopes to complete the full album next year.

‘The guys booked in for a few sessions to lay down some tracks which Mick and Keith have written,’ the source said.

‘It’s very early stuff – just four or five songs at the moment – but the plan is to make a full new album in the new year.’

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/12/10/the-rolling-stones-are-recording-their-first-album...

I love how an album that'll be released eleven years after the last one can get described as a 'follow up'

Considering the age of the band members, they're probably more likely to have forgotten that they actually recorded it to begin with than to decide they needed to 'follow' it up!

But yes, good news. Pierre de Beauport posted on social media on 30 November that he was 'flying to London' so that was certainly a positive development.  Very early days though and I doubt they're doing more than a few demos at this stage. Hopefully by next autumn we'll have some new music to listen to and it wont be merely a couple of songs tacked on to another repackage.

PS - Nice one, Zack  - nearly had an accident reading your carefully worded edit of the story.

Gazza .. I whole-heartably agree.. if this is a 'follow up' .. I wonder what a break from recording albums would constitute? ... 30 years? Lol

How I disagree and why are you once again looking or considering it could be something it isn't? They are in there starting an album .. not another few singles for a greatest hits (how many of those can you have). Why so pesssimistic... Next it would be how bad the album will probably suck. Lol

Everything .. (and everybody /publication is saying ..including hints, blurbs, indications and even direct quotes from all of them) ..>> this is an ALBUM they are starting to record... That's the plan .. that's what it is ... nothing more to it.. nothing less. .... I-Yi- Yi ... Where does this end?  you made a grown man cry

Ian

I didnt suggest it was anything else. What in Christ are you on about? I'm saying I hope its something substantial instead of the crumbs we've been thrown for most of the last 18 years (with one exception in 2005). Yeah, they're intending to make a full length cd. But it wont be one until they have enough material - so far they dont.

I see ... my bad. I thought you were saying hopefully what they were doing in the studio <right now> is not for the purpose of simply recording a few songs that will be tacked on to a greatest hits package. ...

I was gonna say .. well <why> they heck would you think that concept in the cards at all here this time anyway..?

Ian
« Last Edit: Dec 11th, 2015 at 10:56pm by Ian Billen »  

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #76 - Dec 11th, 2015 at 6:37pm
A healthy wee bit of cynicism is always useful in the world of a Stones fan!

Yes, I'm very pleased, like you, that something appears to be coming together - although I still stand by what I suggested during the summer when this was first speculated - that I would put good money on us still being waiting on a new Stones album a year later (summer 2016).

Can't see too many windows for finishing a new record by then as they'll be busy rehearsing and touring from January - March.

I'd also like to believe they'll play a few Euro dates next summer. Doing so in June during the Euro 2016 football tournament would be a silly move though which only realistically leaves July and a bit of August.

Doesnt really matter when they put it out anyway. They dont have the same urgency to rush a release out in time for a tour as they days of prolonged tours for months on end are over.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #77 - Dec 11th, 2015 at 11:07pm
Gazza wrote on Dec 11th, 2015 at 6:37pm:

Yes, I'm very pleased, like you, that something appears to be coming together - although I still stand by what I suggested during the summer when this was first speculated - that I would put good money on us still being waiting on a new Stones album a year later (summer 2016).

Can't see too many windows for finishing a new record by then as they'll be busy rehearsing and touring from January - March.

I'd also like to believe they'll play a few Euro dates next summer. Doing so in June during the Euro 2016 football tournament would be a silly move though which only realistically leaves July and a bit of August.

Doesnt really matter when they put it out anyway. They dont have the same urgency to rush a release out in time for a tour as they days of prolonged tours for months on end are over.

I never disagreed that it would be a long while before any Stones album was or could be complete...  I only stated that they still had a strong interest in recording another product and that they would eventually ... sooner or later get around to doing that in making a new album again ... that's all ... which (was) very contrary to 90% of the members opinions here .. (now everyone is playing around acting like I was trying to predict the future or something  .. Well I was .. but only in a 'general' sense).

Now ... As for when I personally think or what is my guess guess for an actual release date based on their upcoming schedule / SA tour etc. etc. .. I'd have to guess early October 2016 sounds like a pretty reasonable target.

Ian

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #78 - Dec 12th, 2015 at 6:59am
I still maintain that after the ABB tour ended in 2007 they had no intention of ever making another record.

They'd allowed their EMI contract to expire and eventuually got around to signing short term deals with UMG which didnt even oblige them to produce new material. That makes their intentions at that time pretty evident to me (add in various other subsequent factors like Mick and Keith's relationship breakdown over the latter's autobiography, Keith having his basement studio removed from his home, saying that he was contemplating retirement and his decision to write songs for a solo album instead of a Stones record).

They've simply IMO come to the logical conclusion that having milked another spell of touring behind a greatest hits package, there's a bit of credibility and legacy at stake and it makes sense to at least pay lip service to the notion that they're not exclusively an oldies act.

10 years isnt just a long time between an artist's records - it's also a long time in anyone's career when theyre in their 60s and 70s. Mindsets can change. I dont think it'll change to the degree where we'll see shows that'll deviate much in content and presentation from what has been so lucrative in recent years, but at least they'll make some new music. And I think it might be pretty good.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #79 - Dec 12th, 2015 at 9:16am
My sources tell me that Mick and Keith are locked in the kitchen and Charlie can't find the key,

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #80 - Dec 13th, 2015 at 10:56pm
Gazza wrote on Dec 12th, 2015 at 6:59am:
I still maintain that after the ABB tour ended in 2007 they had no intention of ever making another record.

They'd allowed their EMI contract to expire and eventually got around to signing short term deals with UMG which didnt even oblige them to produce new material. That makes their intentions at that time pretty evident to me (add in various other subsequent factors like Mick and Keith's relationship breakdown over the latter's autobiography, Keith having his basement studio removed from his home, saying that he was contemplating retirement and his decision to write songs for a solo album instead of a Stones record).

They've simply IMO come to the logical conclusion that having milked another spell of touring behind a greatest hits package, there's a bit of credibility and legacy at stake and it makes sense to at least pay lip service to the notion that they're not exclusively an oldies act.

10 years isnt just a long time between an artist's records - it's also a long time in anyone's career when theyre in their 60s and 70s. Mindsets can change. I dont think it'll change to the degree where we'll see shows that'll deviate much in content and presentation from what has been so lucrative in recent years, but at least they'll make some new music. And I think it might be pretty good.

I don't think many here looked at the <big picture> provided their health held up. The Stones do things as they feel like it... They dont plan five years ahead. They just couldn't do it and the timing wasn't right on some of those years to record.. but I dont think they consciously thought "No more records" or "enough of all that" or anything like that lol. I think they still held the possibility of a new album very open in the future.. just not on board at the moment is how I think it was. I dont think any of them was turned off or <dis-interested> at the notion what so ever as so many here felt...?

Now personally I was much more concerned and actually for the most part thought Keith was physically unable to perform much anymore... Incredibly ... boy was I wrong lol. He plays now better than he did Their last tour ...

I thought his health had deteriorated or something had happened which would mean he could not tour or maybe not even perform whole shows anymore... there was a lot of talk.. and even some truth to his not being ready just yet. Incredibly he pulled through and is doing just fine in a fully functioning Rolling Stones band again... it's amazing. .. Who would of ever thought

Anyway Keiths health was my big concern ...I knew they would eventually get to doing another album again in time.. and provided their health held up. Sure.. they never said we want to record another album .. but they never said they really didn't have any interest either. It just took some time to come around.. What the hell else were they gonna do ... solo albums constantly and from here on out Lol Nahhhhh.? That would be them fooling themselves.

The only thing I thought that would stop them from doing another record was the possibility of someones health failing in the band was my opinion.

*I mean ... Look ... they did another record after Dirty Work and Bridges to Babylon didn't they? .. and those sessions were not exactly smooth. A Bigger Bang went just great between Mick and Keith ... Sooner or later I expected them to get on with another record at some point. Look at it that way ... I did.
« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2015 at 11:00pm by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #81 - Dec 14th, 2015 at 3:11am
It is surely slighty too early to suggest that this will be the band's first triple-album. That would be a little too quirky.
But super-Christoldarseholes, there's lovely Stoonz niffs and sniffs looming in the air.

« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2015 at 3:13am by WaiteringOnAFiend »  

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #82 - Dec 15th, 2015 at 7:34pm
mojoman wrote on Dec 10th, 2015 at 7:01pm:
gypsymofo60 wrote on Dec 10th, 2015 at 5:40pm:
Yeah, I'm sure they want to record another album....just not with one another. Here comes Dirty Work 2. 'Annus Horribillis'.

fuckin hilarious!
is that the workin title?
sounds like its something Wyman came up with

If it was a Wyman project the working title would be 'Teenage Pussy.' For actual release it would be 'Cossi Finiva' , or 'Anus Availible'....subtitled; 'As Long As you're 13 years old.' I bet Billyboy came up with the line "13 years old in Stray Cat Blues."

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #83 - Dec 15th, 2015 at 8:01pm
I was listening to the classic rock radio station today and it was announced the Stones are in the studio in London and there will be a North American tour in late summer 2016. It was confirmed by someone inside the Stones camp, so, it's true, or could be true.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #84 - Dec 15th, 2015 at 8:49pm
"  ....I was listening to the classic rock radio station today and it was announced the Stones are in the studio in London and there will be a North American tour in late summer 2016. "

BEST STONES YET !!!!!!!!!

They are now hitting tertiary markets !!! :

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #85 - Dec 15th, 2015 at 9:16pm
Joey wrote on Dec 15th, 2015 at 8:49pm:
"  ....I was listening to the classic rock radio station today and it was announced the Stones are in the studio in London and there will be a North American tour in late summer 2016. "

BEST STONES YET !!!!!!!!!

They are now hitting tertiary markets !!! :

Honestly; the Stones must have learned from Kenneth Anger how to be in several locations at the same time. Keith's theory of relativity. Quantum horse shit.

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #86 - Dec 15th, 2015 at 9:23pm
As for classic rock radio, that's all we get in Australia. Home of the 40 to 60 year old male tradesman, tool belt, plaid shirt, khaki trousers, Aussie brand working boots, can of some fosters, Vic' Bitter, Carlton, etc in hand; oh! and of course arse crack just showing, to prove we didn't spend all day getting spastic drunk, and playing air guitar to fucking AC/DC, and Cold fucking Chisel. Nostalgia! Urrrrrg. I'd rather One Direction when I've got a migrane.

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #87 - Dec 16th, 2015 at 9:54am
Bitch wrote on Dec 15th, 2015 at 8:01pm:
I was listening to the classic rock radio station today and it was announced the Stones are in the studio in London and there will be a North American tour in late summer 2016. It was confirmed by someone inside the Stones camp, so, it's true, or could be true.

What time does Ian's show come on that station?

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #88 - Dec 16th, 2015 at 1:15pm
My sources tell me that these recording sessions are so secretive, they may not be happening at all.

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #89 - Dec 16th, 2015 at 5:51pm
Paranoid Android wrote on Dec 11th, 2015 at 8:35am:
It is too bad they feel obligated to fill up 70+ minutes of space(not that they have done that recently)  I would be glad to just get 10 good songs and no filler...

[bCouldn't agree more Andy, they never really took to the extended CD format. That was obvious from Voodoo onward. 10'll do me anytime.b]

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #90 - Dec 16th, 2015 at 9:30pm
Some Guy wrote on Dec 12th, 2015 at 9:16am:
My sources tell me that Mick and Keith are locked in the kitchen and Charlie can't find the key,

I've got it .. .. .. Cheesy

IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #91 - Dec 18th, 2015 at 11:38pm
Might this be the most Londony Stones album since Between The Boottys?
Hounslow Girls?  Some Eel Pie Trousers?

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

They'll Never Make a Saint
of Me!

2000 light years from home
Reply #92 - Dec 19th, 2015 at 12:27am
Some Guy wrote on Dec 12th, 2015 at 9:16am:

Well, we've always known...

BDSM in Classic Rock thread

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

lavendar
Rocks Off Regular

Buffalo,NY
Reply #93 - Dec 19th, 2015 at 11:01am
Bitch wrote on Dec 15th, 2015 at 8:01pm:

I also heard this !!!  HAPPY HOLIDAYS "Rock Offers"

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #94 - Dec 19th, 2015 at 11:27am
Looking forward to The Song of The Summer, Stones style!

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #95 - Dec 19th, 2015 at 2:55pm

Here is a quick "Hello South America .. See ya soon' video with all of them in the studio on their last day there before their little holiday break ..  Now... don't get too excited .. they are not 'playing' in this video ... (naturally) .. BUT it is at least shot in the studio where they are / were recording ....

Stones in the studio >> https://www.facebook.com/DGMEDIOS/videos/10153161707851300/?__mref=message

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #96 - Dec 22nd, 2015 at 5:57pm
[b][/b]Ian Billen wrote on Dec 11th, 2015 at 11:07pm:

I never disagreed that it would be a long while before any Stones album was or could be complete...  I only stated that they still had a strong interest in recording another product and that they would eventually ... sooner or later get around to doing that in making a new album again ... that's all ... which (was) very contrary to 90% of the members opinions here .. (now everyone is playing around acting like I was trying to predict the future or something  .. Well I was .. but only in a 'general' sense).

Now ... As for when I personally think or what is my guess guess for an actual release date based on their upcoming schedule / SA tour etc. etc. .. I'd have to guess early October 2016 sounds like a pretty reasonable target.

Ian
Well I for one( for what it's worth), don't think you were trying to predict the future, I like your posts Ian, they are to the point and optimistic, in a cynical, shrivelling world. Keep it up cock. Mofo.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #97 - Dec 23rd, 2015 at 8:27am
I look forward to this thread lighting up,

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #98 - Dec 25th, 2015 at 11:39pm
gypsymofo60 wrote on Dec 22nd, 2015 at 5:57pm:
[b][/b]Ian Billen wrote on Dec 11th, 2015 at 11:07pm:

Ian
Well I for one( for what it's worth), don't think you were trying to predict the future, I like your posts Ian, they are to the point and optimistic, in a cynical, shrivelling world. Keep it up cock. Mofo.

Well thanks (I think? Lol :d ha).

Anyway .. I wonder if they plan on going back in the studio for another week or two after Christmas .. yet <before> they head to South America or wherever for rehearsals for the South American Tour? ... Anyone know what the plan is with that? Are they still planning on doing another few weeks in The Studio before South America rehearsals?

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #99 - Dec 27th, 2015 at 6:28pm
We really need some fantastic lyrics!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)