Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
Send Topic Print
Keith Writing With Mick Now? ... Keith Mentioned it ... from Ian (Read 62,509 times)
Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Re: Keith Writing With Mick Now? ... Keith Mentioned it ... from Ian
Reply #150 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 6:18pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Gazza wrote on Jan 11th, 2016 at 3:11pm:
Hate to state the obvious but 'planning to do something' doesnt necessarily mean its happening or is going to happen at the time you (vaguely) intended.

I know this is a bit hard to grasp for some Americans, but theres a lot more to the UK than London. How do you know they're 'all in London' ?  Charlie lives about 150-200 miles away. Keith lives about 90 miles away (when he's there at all)

Pierre de Beauport returning to the US a week before Christmas (and posting as such on fb) and giving no updates on his whereabouts since to suggest he's left the US would suggest that if Keith is in the UK, its highly unlikely he's doing much recording there.

I'm with Some Guy on this. Today's news gives a bit of perspective. I hope they get around to making new music sooner rather than later.

Lol .. so you are still clinging to the fact that they may not even have plans to make an album ... ? (where does it end?)

Again .. I'm just going by what they say and what we know for sure.

Last we heard they were all in London.

I don't know that they are not all in London. If Keith is still in London and not Connecticut breaking before the SA tour he is there for a 'reason'. Charlie and Woody and Mick still being in London isn't that big of a deal.

Gazza seriously I'll ask .. do you or don't you think they are planning a brand new studio album? Do you or don't you think they actually started on it ...and do you or don't you think they plan on releasing it some time in 2016? (everything here points to you believing they most likely aren't? ..and that is perplexing).

It's like you are still clinging so badly to them 'not' ... Guy ..<it is what it is ..it's not that hard to accept ..that is what all this is about and has been since December with them>.

Whats wrong with "yeah they are planning to release an album this year and they already started on it and there is a good chance they are still working on it here and there' ...>> What is so strange about that?<(my stance .. I dont know why everyone here looks for every single other thing). My opinion on this is based on facts in this situation, and their statements about it ... and what we know for sure. Almost everyone else here is speculating and going against the grain on this....lol not me (just respectfully saying).

Ian
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2016 at 6:26pm by Ian Billen »  

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #151 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 6:29pm
You know what, Ian?

Today I simply don't give a flying fuck.

Splitting hairs about where the Stones might or might not be sleeping this week really isn't something that keeps me awake at night.

If you want to get yourself off twisting my words into something that i havent said, be my guest.

« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2016 at 7:30pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #152 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 11:01pm
Gazza wrote on Jan 11th, 2016 at 6:29pm:
You know what, Ian?

Today I simply don't give a flying fuck.

Splitting hairs about where the Stones might or might not be sleeping this week really isn't something that keeps me awake at night.

If you want to get yourself off twisting my words into something that i havent said, be my guest.

Well I have to get off some way don't I? .. ..

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #153 - Jan 12th, 2016 at 12:14pm
Tour rehearsals start Saturday according to Ronnie on BBC radio yesterday.

Knock yourselves out.

(And no, I dont believe he mentioned anything about  'recording') Smiley

... ... ...
IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #154 - Jan 12th, 2016 at 12:22pm
Gazza wrote on Jan 12th, 2016 at 12:14pm:

Knock yourselves out.

Is that all you got?  taylor made smile

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #155 - Jan 12th, 2016 at 12:27pm

Knock yourselves out.

Today I don't give a flying fuck but I bet I do tomorrow!

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #156 - Jan 12th, 2016 at 12:39pm
Ian's fixing to smack a bitch.

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #157 - Jan 12th, 2016 at 3:49pm
Some Guy wrote on Jan 12th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
Ian's fixing to smack a bitch.

Or Bitch a smack.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #158 - Jan 12th, 2016 at 5:04pm

Knock yourselves out.

Well so? You still have not answered my questions Gazza?

(and anyway ...even if Woody said they just finished working on the album earlier that day.. you would say he was vague or that they most likely were just goofing off with a few lose demos in there without really getting anything serious done  lol.. who are we kidding? OR .. you say he is bull shitting.. which I actually must concede that Ronnie can exaggerate.... or he throws things out there that never happen). 

As far the SA rehearsals starting.. we already knew mid January they were going to start rehearsals... I didnt expect them to record through the whole month even if they were.
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2016 at 5:06pm by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #159 - Jan 12th, 2016 at 5:08pm
I've told you - I'm fucked off answering your questions which go round and round in circles. I didnt realise I was accountable to you

I apologise for having a life beyond this board. 

You might want to try doing likewise sometimes.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #160 - Jan 12th, 2016 at 8:31pm
Gazza wrote on Jan 12th, 2016 at 5:08pm:
I've told you - I'm fucked off answering your questions which go round and round in circles. I didnt realise I was accountable to you

Lol... Why go elsewhere... I love rocksoff... many here may not exactly feel the same way about me.... But hey ... I'll take a small hand full of fans / friends (...Some Guy, Joey, you and a few others)  all day versus worrying about the folks who just wanna say I'm nuts or call names to jump on some band wagon and pile on lol (they aren't interested in debating or actually exchanging ideas or adding some useful insight or lending some information to the actual topic anyway half the time anyway.. they are here just to call names or join a 'click' lol). Well I guess we've beat this one to death again...

Peace.
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2016 at 8:40pm by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

patioaintdry
Rocks Off Regular

the pools in but the patio
ain't dry

Reply #161 - Jan 12th, 2016 at 9:00pm
Ian Billen wrote on Jan 12th, 2016 at 8:31pm:
the folks who just wanna say I'm nuts or call names to jump on some band wagon and pile on

Where the hell is PERKS when we need him?

Greetings from the bandwagon . . .Yes, you need to chill & start becoming cognizant of basic social cues. Perhaps its time to start taking your medication. And get a full nights rest. This Gazza obsession of yours is getting out of hand. I've spent nearly 2 minutes thinking about it this week-- enough is enough. Take your pills, listen to A Bigger Bang, & get to sleep no later than 10:00 pm.

And goddammit, lose that virginity already.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #162 - Jan 13th, 2016 at 7:36am
patioaintdry wrote on Jan 12th, 2016 at 9:00pm:
the folks who just wanna say I'm nuts or call names to jump on some band wagon and pile on

Greetings from the bandwagon . . .Yes, you need to chill & start becoming cognizant of basic social cues. Perhaps its time to start taking your medication. And get a full nights rest. This Gazza obsession of yours is getting out of hand. I've spent nearly 2 minutes thinking about it this week-- enough is enough. Take your pills, listen to A Bigger Bang, & get to sleep no later than 10:00 pm.

And goddammit, lose that virginity already.

Yeah, who pissed off PERKS?

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #163 - Jan 13th, 2016 at 5:26pm
[quote author=4B5A4F52545A52554F5F49423B0 link=1446409236/161#161 date=1452654059][quote author=0C242B1A072C2929202B450 link=1446409236/160#160 date=1452652292] the folks who just wanna say I'm nuts or call names to jump on some band wagon and pile on[/quote]

And goddammit, lose that virginity already.[/quote]

The comments to Gazza were a <joke>. There would never be any dispute or debate.. but some folks (not meaning Gazza ... however I might mean yourself.. don't know how to respectfully disagree... OR have no real opinion of their own ...and that is fine.. BUT how those same people be so quick to say my views are all skewed and throw insults simply because I have a different opinion...

This year starts a new year.. I am just simply tossing a little shit back now a days ...that's all (and you guys can't take that.. Guess what.. I never insult anyone here ... & my other thought to that is simple .. if you cannot take it every once in a while... don't dish it out. Not understanding the uprise simply because there is a lil retaliation.

You brought up Bill Perks (lol) ... People such as Bill Perks and Sir Stones Alot were pussies lol <excuse my language ...but there is no other way to put it). They talked a big talk .. and tossed out insults at every turn ... and acted like they were the coolest people here..  but when something didn't go so well on here they up and quit and went elsewhere like a couple of babies (I can call them out on it.. in fact.. If I would of known they were that spineless I would of simply called them out on that back then ...

If I was that much of a wimp .. I would of quit posting ten years ago ...

Again ... see here:  [b]If you cannot take it every once in a while... don't dish it out. [/b]

Ian -
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2016 at 5:34pm by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #164 - Jan 13th, 2016 at 5:27pm

Lol... Why go elsewhere... I love rocksoff... many here may not exactly feel the same way about me.... But hey ... I'll take a small hand full of fans / friends (...Some Guy, Joey, you and a few others)  all day versus worrying about the folks who just wanna say I'm nuts or call names to jump on some band wagon and pile on lol (they aren't interested in debating or actually exchanging ideas or adding some useful insight or lending some information to the actual topic anyway half the time anyway.. they are here just to call names or join a 'click' lol). Well I guess we've beat this one to death again...

Peace.

Oh Jesus. I wasnt suggesting you leave. Its Comedy Gold, after all...and youre a mate. I just wasnt around long enough yesterday to respond in any detail.

I think someone on IORR clarified what Ronnie said was that theyre departing to start rehearsals on Saturday - not actually starting them.

I'd be surprised if they were working together at any time in the last 3 weeks. Unlike the US, Britain basically closes down over Xmas/New Year. Even people who dont work to a regular timetable like you or me dont tend to do anything in that time.  I havent heard anything about Keith being in the UK over the new year - he's usually in the Caribbean around that time, based on previous habits.

I'm just not really getting worked up about whether theyre making a record at any given time or not. They'll make one OK (that I agree with) but as they appear to be recording it around an ongoing tour schedule (something they havent done since 'Black and Blue' for anyone who's paying attention) I'd imagine what work they do together will be in short bursts and sporadic.  I dont think its realistic to get much in the way of updates and the only thing that really matters is that it comes out eventually and its good - whether thats in 6 months, 9 months or a year or more.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #165 - Jan 13th, 2016 at 5:36pm
Gazza wrote on Jan 13th, 2016 at 5:27pm:

Peace.

Oh Jesus. I wasnt suggesting you leave. Its Comedy Gold, after all...and youre a mate. I just wasnt around long enough yesterday to respond in any detail.

I think someone on IORR clarified what Ronnie said was that theyre departing to start rehearsals on Saturday - not actually starting them.

I'd be surprised if they were working together at any time in the last 3 weeks. Unlike the US, Britain basically closes down over Xmas/New Year. Even people who dont work to a regular timetable like you or me dont tend to do anything in that time.  I havent heard anything about Keith being in the UK over the new year - he's usually in the Caribbean around that time, based on previous habits.

I'm just not really getting worked up about whether theyre making a record at any given time or not. They'll make one OK (that I agree with) but as they appear to be recording it around an ongoing tour schedule (something they havent done since 'Black and Blue' for anyone who's paying attention) I'd imagine what work they do together will be in short bursts and sporadic.  I dont think its realistic to get much in the way of updates and the only thing that really matters is that it comes out eventually and its good - whether thats in 6 months, 9 months or a year or more.

I was not talking about you ... You stick to the issues and disagree on the topic and present info on the topic .... or ribb me a bit but it is not malicious ..that is different.. That is admirable (and respectful). I know you well and you wernt saying anything like that.... lol I was talking about some other asshole who has no opinion of his or her own. Is he or she really an asshole? Sure... at least to me.. so sure I can ...'go there'.... After all... they are saying go else where right? Why should I continue to be so respectful or bite my tongue anymore lol?...

In fact... Maybe I should tell him or her that they should 'go between my legs'? Wink But naaaah that would be getting down to their level.

« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2016 at 5:43pm by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

patioaintdry
Rocks Off Regular

the pools in but the patio
ain't dry

Reply #166 - Jan 13th, 2016 at 8:07pm
Ian, if you consistently open & close parentheses as part of your new year resolution, we're good, pal. Tell the troops to stand down.

Much more importantly, where exactly is PERKS???

IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #167 - Jan 13th, 2016 at 8:27pm
PERKS IS FINE. I WAS IN TOUCH WITH HIM OVER THE PAST FEW MONTHS.

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

BILL PERKS
Rocks Off Regular

NJ
Reply #168 - Jan 14th, 2016 at 10:04pm
JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I WAS OUT.........

IAN PULLED ME BACK IN......

THANKS TO STEEL WHEELS & OTHERS FOR KEEPIN MY MEMORY ALIVE

IAN, GAZZA HAS CONTINUALLY TRIED TO GET YOU TO SEE A BIGGER PICTURE HERE, BUT SINCE YOU'RE TOO RETARDED TO SEE IT, I'M GONNA HELP HIM.

GET A FUCKIN LIFE & STOP BORING POSTERS HERE WITH YOUR STUPIDITY.
THE BAND IS RECORDING A NEW RECORD,& YOU'LL GET IT WHEN YOU GET IT.
IT WONT BE WHAT YOU THINK IT WILL BE , & ALL THE NONSENSE YOU POST WON'T MATTER A MONKEYS IN THE SCHEME OF THINGS.

SO PUT ON CROSSEYED HEART OR SOME BOWIE & STFU !!!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #169 - Jan 15th, 2016 at 9:36am
BILL fucking PERKS!!!

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #170 - Jan 15th, 2016 at 2:30pm

... ... ...
IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #171 - Jan 15th, 2016 at 3:29pm
Jackie does it better:

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #172 - Jan 15th, 2016 at 6:15pm
BILL PERKS, BITCHES. KEEPIN' IT REAL.

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #173 - Jan 16th, 2016 at 10:49am
Steel Wheels wrote on Jan 15th, 2016 at 6:15pm:

We did it!

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #174 - Jan 16th, 2016 at 12:32pm
Some Guy wrote on Jan 16th, 2016 at 10:49am:
Steel Wheels wrote on Jan 15th, 2016 at 6:15pm:

We did it!

Thanks for the update...Dora

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)