Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Zip Code is about a 'summer stadium tour' first and foremost - - (Read 3,979 times)
Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Re: Zip Code is about a 'summer stadium tour' first and foremost - -
Reply #25 - Jul 3rd, 2015 at 1:23pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Com'on you people, Mick Taylor is the real star of SF, Ronnie Wood only plays Mick Taylor Parts, & the same with Brian, has Ronnie ever played any memorial solo's since Mick Taylor???????

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #26 - Jul 3rd, 2015 at 6:07pm
This is a harbinger of things to come.  It doesn't portend well.  Blow the weatherman.  You really let the fish out of the goddam bag with this one, Ian Biffen!  No riding on the groove line tonight!

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #27 - Jul 3rd, 2015 at 8:21pm
sirmoonie wrote on Jul 3rd, 2015 at 6:07pm:
This is a harbinger of things to come.  It doesn't portend well.  Blow the weatherman.  You really let the fish out of the goddam bag with this one, Ian Biffen!  No riding on the groove line tonight!

..."You really let the fish out of the goddam bag with this one, Ian Biffen!"

I guess that happens at times ... ha

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #28 - Jul 3rd, 2015 at 8:27pm
Bitch wrote on Jul 2nd, 2015 at 1:13pm:
Ian,
I'm not sure where you are coming up with your facts and figures about who makes what, but I think its more all the way around.

I dont think its all about the money anymore. They already proved to themselves and to everyone else that they are a money making machine. I say, :Well deserved!

As for the Sticky Fingers Zipper Zip Code Tour, its a very weak link from the album to the tour, but there is some promo involved, not much to be excited about except the addition of MOONLIGHT MILE to the setlist. So for that song alone I give it a nod.

As for why they are still touring, its because they can. KEEF has said they will never stop until one of them drops dead so lets hope they live long lives. MICK has said that they will go on until nobody wants to hear them anymore. Thats not likely to happen so lets be thankful they are still alive and well enough to to stadiums, arenas, clubs or whatever they choose and whereever they choose, because they are the ROLLING STONES! Thats what they do!   

Bitch .. my dear .. those fact / figures I threw out were a <Joke> lol. I was only acting silly in the notion that The Stones and their entourage don't make much cash ... it was all a joke. Do ya really think, that I believed Mick Jagger only pocketed 80 bux from each live gig .. or in that they have to pay for their own hotel rooms?

Cut me a little slack .. Gaaeeeeze Smiley

Anyway, it is not <all> about the money I agree with you. It is about wanting to do it, wanting to perform live, and having a good time first .. and the money is a second place thing. Still ... even at second place...they want to maximize ... as is very evident due to those outlanish Ticket prices.

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)