Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"Let it Bleed" with Dwayne Dopsie! JazzFest, New Orleans, La - May 2, 2024 © Chris Granger, The Times-Picayune

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Charlie Watts announces his 2011 tour dates (Read 4,648 times)
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Charlie Watts announces his 2011 tour dates
Jan 18th, 2011 at 9:49pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Charlie Watts announces 2011 tour dates for his jazz band

January 18th, 2011 3:13 pm ET
http://www.examiner.com/rolling-stones-in-national/charlie-watts-announces-2011-...

Just as he did in 2010, Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts is doing select tour dates in Europe in 2011, with his jazz band The A, B, C & D of Boogie Woogie. The 2011 tour kicks off in Vienna, Austria, at the Wiener Metropol on March 30, March 31 and April 1. Other tour dates are to be announced.

(Click here to see The A, B, C & D of Boogie Woogie perform at a September 2010 concert in Paris.)

The A, B, C & D of Boogie Woogie group members also include bass player Dave Green and pianists Axel Zwingenberger and Ben Waters. As previously reported, Waters has collaborated with the Rolling Stones and former Stones bass player Bill Wyman for a tribute album titled "Boogie for Stu," honoring the late Ian Stewart, who was a longtime backup musician for the Stones. The Rolling Stones and Wyman have reportedly recorded a cover version of Bob Dylan's "Watching the River Flow" for Waters' "Boogie for Stu" album (due out on March 9, 2011), which features several other guests artists.

In 2010, there were rampant rumors that the Stones would begin their next tour in the summer of 2011. I have always been skeptical that a Stones tour would begin in the summer of 2011, considering that it takes about a year for the Stones to plan their tours, and there was no indication that they were preparing to start a tour at that time.

If a Stones tour had been scheduled for the summer of 2011, the Stones would have to be ready to rehearse by the spring of 2011. And with Watts touring with his jazz band during this period of time, all signs point to the Stones not being ready to tour until the last quarter of 2011, if they tour in 2011 at all. A new Rolling Stones album in 2011 is more likely, as guitarist Keith Richards has been hinting in his more recent interviews. Stay tuned

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Re: Charlie Watts announces his 2011 tour dates
Reply #1 - Jan 18th, 2011 at 10:14pm
So much for the reluctant drummer not wanting to tour.......It's pretty clear at this point what the hold up is. Are you fucking serious? What the fuck? Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Kilroy
Rocks Off Regular

I love this place!

Mickville Virginny USA
Reply #2 - Jan 18th, 2011 at 10:55pm
Good for the folks across the pond and Charlie, but
I guess this means no Stones Tour........
stu watching how stupid we are LOL

The Core Of The Rolling Stones is Charlie Watts Hi-Hat/The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me/And Then We Became Naked/After the Skeet Shoot & Sweet Dreams Mary & #9 11/22/1968 @#500 2/19/2010 @#800 4/09/2011 @#888 10/28/2011 @#1000 2/2/12

IP Logged

paul
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

England
Reply #3 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 3:07am
Does anyone really think the Stones will do another huge tour. They have nothing to prove, so why bother. Thats not saying they should never play together again, but a huge tour, personally i dont see it.

IP Logged

corgi37
Rocks Off Regular

Aussie land
Reply #4 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 4:22am
A huge "goodbye" tour and be done with it. I dont think Mick & Keith would care if they ever saw each other again.

I aint no peace freak

IP Logged

TomL
Rocks Off Regular

Change the Fucking sets

Sweet Virginia
Reply #5 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 6:53am
It's coming, just have to hope everyones health holds out. Hey you mexican fucker.  smoking more weed is good for your health Perverted Mick Kiss my undercover ass Blank Frigging Stare you made a grown man cry Who stole this one? (Seriously)
« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2011 at 6:54am by TomL »  

...Her love is ecstasy When her arms enfold me I hear her tender rhapsody But in reality, she doesn't Fucking know me...JMI once again..... running away with me...........

IP Logged

steel driving hammer
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 7:13am
The "hold up" is Mick.

Just Mick.

Ole Bastard.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #7 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 7:30am
steel driving hammer wrote on Jan 19th, 2011 at 7:13am:
The "hold up" is Mick.

Just Mick.

Possibly true, to a point - but then ask yourself why he wouldnt be interested in a Stones tour at the minute.

Maybe he can't stand the thought of being in the same vicinity as Keith for months on end?

Maybe as a professional, he's concerned about the effects of ageing, ill-health and overindulgence down the years are likely to have on the band's two guitarists and, as a result of that, on the band's reputation.

Mick's not an idiot - he refused to tour in 1986 not only because of the poor relationships within the band but also because of the state of health of individual members (ie, 'they weren't fit to cross the Champs-Elysees, never mind go on the road').

Of course, the fact that he mightn't deem it financially worth the effort in the current climate is also a major factor, but it may not be the only one.

The fact that they met 6 weeks ago and STILL couldnt agree to tour in 2011 is a bad sign - as is the fact that apparently they decided to wait until February to talk about it again.

I think this writer is a bit optimistic to think there's a chance that the Stones might release a new CD INSTEAD of touring in 2011. If they are to make one, it'll be BECAUSE they (and Universal) want a product out at the same time as a tour.

If they're going to tour without one, to be honest, I'd rather they stayed at home. The fact that the last tour was effectively a continuation of the Licks stadium shows was a bad enough idea. Three greatest hits tours in a row would be pointless and just taking the piss.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

steel driving hammer
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 8:25am
Gazza wrote on Jan 19th, 2011 at 7:30am:
steel driving hammer wrote on Jan 19th, 2011 at 7:13am:
The "hold up" is Mick.

Just Mick.

Three greatest hits tours in a row would be pointless and just taking the piss.

Yeah they've been doing that forever it seems.

A nice, mellowed out arena tour of songs never played would be hard since they'd have to go back together and re-learn all those songs together day in and day out. I can see why they want to be apart for a while.

I'd be easier (and yes pointless) for them to do another greatest hits tour, since they already know the songs!
« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2011 at 8:28am by N/A »  

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #9 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 8:42am
Heck if they did a new album and it was a huge hit with great songs (yeah I wish) they'd still only play 2-3 songs from it anyway. They'll never do a good bye tour (far too Whoish)..so at this point creatively, economically and band vibe wise touring makes no sense. With each passing month the likelihood of those factors all changing upwards imho decreases.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #10 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 9:26am
Well it can't be health problems. Charlie's looking good. Ronnie has been staying sober. Keith looks healthy in public appearences. Altough his ability to play guitar is a huge question mark.Certainly nothing wrong with Mick's health. They just can't seem to figure out a way to do something different from the mega tours they're used to doing.

IP Logged

steel driving hammer
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 9:43am
Good things come, to those who wait? lol What a post Ronnie!!!!!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #12 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 9:57am

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #13 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 10:53am
gimmekeef wrote on Jan 19th, 2011 at 8:42am:
Heck if they did a new album and it was a huge hit with great songs (yeah I wish) they'd still only play 2-3 songs from it anyway. They'll never do a good bye tour (far too Whoish)..so at this point creatively, economically and band vibe wise touring makes no sense. With each passing month the likelihood of those factors all changing upwards imho decreases.

Two months ago, I'd have given the chances of the Stones touring in 2011 as 90/10. And that it would be behind a new record.

Right now? I'd say about 60/40 at best for a tour, with a new record about 40/60.

Thats not to say that they wouldnt do either again if it didnt happen this year, but if I'm being honest, the very thought of the Stones touring in 2012 after FIVE years of pretty much total activity at their age is enough to make me shit liquid. Four years of sitting on their arses is bad enough.

The longer they go without any activity then the more musically futile this is going to be and the more convinced I am that they've really reached a stage where they simply can't be bothered anymore but won't admit it.

... ... ...
IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #14 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 11:44am
If we don't hear anything after the supposed February meeting, things are not in our favor.
At the same time, I cannot imagine them letting the 50th anniversary go by without a Tour.

The flame on my candle of hope is fading.

And then MAJOR depression set in.....................................................sigh

IP Logged

BILL PERKS
Rocks Off Regular

NJ
Reply #15 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 11:49am
I DO BELIEVE THE TOURS ARE OVER BUT I THINK THEYLL BE ONSTAGE AT SOME POINT AGAIN.
DUDES ARE OLD.
THE "WYMAN RETURNING FOR TOUR" NON SENSE WAS HYSTERICAL.HE'LL BE SEVENTY FUCKING FIVE   IN OCTOBER !
Boring post

IP Logged

Honky Tonk Man
Rocks Off Regular

Blackwater, Hampshire
Reply #16 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 12:27pm
Gazza, what do you think the chances of a new 'Best-Of' are? 40 Licks in no longer available of course and if the Stones are to tour in celebration of 50 years as a group, then I can sense another compilation on the horizon. After all, how many have the Who relreased in recent years?

IP Logged

steel driving hammer
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 12:30pm
LadyJane wrote on Jan 19th, 2011 at 11:44am:
And then MAJOR depression set in.....................................................sigh

lol

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #18 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 12:54pm
If we don't hear anything after the supposed February meeting, things are not in our favor.
At the same time, I cannot imagine them letting the 50th anniversary go by without a Tour.

The flame on my candle of hope is fading.

At least your credit cards will thank you. Smiley

IP Logged

Boomy
Rocks Off Regular

Indiana
Reply #19 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 2:17pm
I'm sure the major hold up is Don Was. Dude is probably busy doing something.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #20 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 4:38pm

They'll NOT let that pass without a bang of some sort. I'd bet money on it.

Whether it's in any wise for them to wait that long before they do anything is another matter entirely, though.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #21 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 4:40pm
Honky Tonk Man wrote on Jan 19th, 2011 at 12:27pm:
Gazza, what do you think the chances of a new 'Best-Of' are? 40 Licks in no longer available of course and if the Stones are to tour in celebration of 50 years as a group, then I can sense another compilation on the horizon. After all, how many have the Who relreased in recent years?

Very high. They have a five year deal with Universal which is mainly based on their back catalogue. The optimum time for Universal to cash in on that arrangement would be around a tour or anniversary.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Tumbling Dijs
Rocks Off Regular

The Stones in a club is
still the ultimate rush.

Reply #22 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 4:44pm
I still believe that in april there will be a pressconference anouncing a worldtour, starting somewhere around september in the US. I think the designing and building of the stage(s) have already begun. I don't however believe in a new album. That's just to late for a new tour. Let's wait and see.

IP Logged

Honky Tonk Man
Rocks Off Regular

Blackwater, Hampshire
Reply #23 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 5:10pm
Gazza wrote on Jan 19th, 2011 at 4:40pm:
[Very high. They have a five year deal with Universal which is mainly based on their back catalogue. The optimum time for Universal to cash in on that arrangement would be around a tour or anniversary.

I'm thinking another 40 Licks-style comp could be on the cards with a few newley recorded tracks thrown in. I'd prefer a new full studio release, but meh, I'd take it.

IP Logged

BILL PERKS
Rocks Off Regular

NJ
Reply #24 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 5:47pm
Tumbling Dijs wrote on Jan 19th, 2011 at 4:44pm:
I still believe that in april there will be a pressconference anouncing a worldtour, starting somewhere around september in the US. I think the designing and building of the stage(s) have already begun. I don't however believe in a new album. That's just to late for a new tour. Let's wait and see.

ARE YOU RELATED TO IAN BILLEN ?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)