Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"Let it Bleed" with Dwayne Dopsie! JazzFest, New Orleans, La - May 2, 2024 © Chris Granger, The Times-Picayune

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Signed copy of "Ode to a High Flying Bird" on eBay (Read 501 times)
bcgrove25
I'm new!!

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Signed copy of "Ode to a High Flying Bird" on eBay
Jan 21st, 2011 at 6:08pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
 really? I just saw that someone has listed a SIGNED version of the 1964 Charlie Watts illustrated book "Ode to a High Flying Bird"! I shouldn't have to tell anyone what this book is about, if you're on this site you should know! I have never actually SEEN a copy of the book, only read about it online. The seller has it listed for $1000. I would love to own it, unfortunately that's a bit out of my reach! I know that there are A TON of people out there who are big Charlie Watts fans, especially of his illustrations. I hope that someone who loves music, Charlie, and The Stones gets it. I'm going to watch the book and see what happens with it, WHAT A STORY! I'm so excited at the prospect that such a rare piece of musical history is up for grabs! I will be sure to re-post once the auction has ended, I believe it still has about 5 or 6 days to go. The sellers name is baseballfan25 on eBay, if you're interested.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Re: Signed copy of "Ode to a High Flying Bird" on
Reply #1 - Jan 23rd, 2011 at 6:49pm
I don't believe I know what that's about but it sounds cool!

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #2 - Jan 23rd, 2011 at 11:25pm
FLEABIT??

welcome home! post another one of your art videos, please.

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

paul
Rocks Off Regular

England
Reply #3 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 1:52am
bcgrove25 wrote on Jan 21st, 2011 at 6:08pm:
 really? I just saw that someone has listed a SIGNED version of the 1964 Charlie Watts illustrated book "Ode to a High Flying Bird"! I shouldn't have to tell anyone what this book is about, if you're on this site you should know! I have never actually SEEN a copy of the book, only read about it online. The seller has it listed for $1000. I would love to own it, unfortunately that's a bit out of my reach! I know that there are A TON of people out there who are big Charlie Watts fans, especially of his illustrations. I hope that someone who loves music, Charlie, and The Stones gets it. I'm going to watch the book and see what happens with it, WHAT A STORY! I'm so excited at the prospect that such a rare piece of musical history is up for grabs! I will be sure to re-post once the auction has ended, I believe it still has about 5 or 6 days to go. The sellers name is baseballfan25 on eBay, if you're interested.

Good luck with your sale.

IP Logged

marko
Rocks Off Regular

Finland
Reply #4 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 8:15am
I got 2 boxes,one with fake autograph,other with original one.But both are still in their original plastic wrappings around them,,,so i really can´t be sure,is the other real or not!

https://www.facebook.com/marko.kuusela.3  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)