Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Exile (right) and Niel Ringstad, Allegiant Stadium Las Vegas - May 11th, 2024 © Mark McHugh

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Are These the new tracks for the new Ya-Ya's ? (Read 1,897 times)
UrbanSteel
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Tilburg / the Netherlands
Are These the new tracks for the new Ya-Ya's ?
Aug 19th, 2009 at 2:20pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Are These the new tracks for the new Ya-Ya's ?

source

g4tv.com
« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2009 at 2:53pm by UrbanSteel »  

IP Logged

Holden
Rocks Off Regular

Tampa Bay
Re: Are These the new tracks for the new Ya-Ya's ?
Reply #1 - Aug 19th, 2009 at 2:46pm
Where the fuck is gimme shelter????!! you made a grown man cry

mrhipfl  
IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #2 - Aug 19th, 2009 at 2:57pm
most likely...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #3 - Aug 19th, 2009 at 4:24pm
Holden wrote on Aug 19th, 2009 at 2:46pm:

Simple answer, Holden - the song wasnt played at any of the four shows used for 'Ya Ya's'.

They played it at probably no more than three shows early on in the tour (7th, 9th and 11th November) after which it was dropped and only brought back for the two festival shows at the end of the tour (Palm Beach 30/11 and Altamont 6/12) - theres a few setlists unaccounted for mid-tour but its unlikely it was played at them either.

http://rocksoff.org/1969.htm

Of the 3 New York shows plus the one in Baltimore that feature on Ya Yas, the longest show contains 14 songs. They played 15 different songs over the four shows. There are 10 songs on the live album - these projected 5 bonus songs would make up the remainder.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #4 - Aug 19th, 2009 at 4:55pm
Can't believe i predicted this!!! Gonna go out now  and buy me a POWERBALL ticket for the $250 mill...wish me luck!!!
]
http://rocksoff.org/messageboard/YaBB.pl?num=1243963583/0

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #5 - Aug 19th, 2009 at 5:21pm
Paranoid Android wrote on Aug 19th, 2009 at 4:55pm:
Can't believe i predicted this!!! Gonna go out now  and buy me a POWERBALL ticket for the $250 mill...wish me luck!!!
]

Just in case, I'd like you to know that you've always been my favourite poster...... Let's go get drunk

... ... ...
IP Logged

Holden
Rocks Off Regular

Tampa Bay
Reply #6 - Aug 19th, 2009 at 7:37pm
Gazza wrote on Aug 19th, 2009 at 4:24pm:

Simple answer, Holden - the song wasnt played at any of the four shows used for 'Ya Ya's'.

They played it at probably no more than three shows early on in the tour (7th, 9th and 11th November) after which it was dropped and only brought back for the two festival shows at the end of the tour (Palm Beach 30/11 and Altamont 6/12) - theres a few setlists unaccounted for mid-tour but its unlikely it was played at them either.

Of the 3 New York shows plus the one in Baltimore that feature on Ya Yas, the longest show contains 14 songs. They played 15 different songs over the four shows. There are 10 songs on the live album - these projected 5 bonus songs would make up the remainder.

Ohhhhhh...but I remember someone on the board saying that the complete Ya-Yas show included Gimme shelter. Sad Kinda bummed now

But thanks Gazza, for the information!!

mrhipfl  
IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #7 - Aug 19th, 2009 at 7:49pm
Holden wrote on Aug 19th, 2009 at 7:37pm:

Ohhhhhh...but I remember someone on the board saying that the complete Ya-Yas show included Gimme shelter. Sad Kinda bummed now

at the end of the movie gimmie shelter, they play a partial of the live version of the song... always wondered if a complete tape of it exists. I thought what i had heard sounded great, and i liked the way they were playing more than the versions played in later years, it was heavier more sabbath like, if i can put a target on it...

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #8 - Aug 19th, 2009 at 7:51pm
Prodigal Son seems like an odd song choice.

IP Logged

stonedinaustralia
Rocks Off Regular

wake up crackers or we
all through!!

Reply #9 - Aug 19th, 2009 at 8:06pm
Pdog wrote on Aug 19th, 2009 at 7:49pm:
.I thought what i had heard sounded great, and i liked the way they were playing more than the versions played in later years, it was heavier more sabbath like, if i can put a target on it...

agreed

i have heard and seen boots of the acoustic numbers - PS & YGTM - i forget which one but on one of them keith is so out of tune it makes Hyde Park sound like they had electronic tuners!

"you can see it against the girl's crocheted dress"

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #10 - Aug 19th, 2009 at 8:19pm

at the end of the movie gimmie shelter, they play a partial of the live version of the song... always wondered if a complete tape of it exists. I thought what i had heard sounded great, and i liked the way they were playing more than the versions played in later years, it was heavier more sabbath like, if i can put a target on it...

That version's from Altamont, as far as I recall.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #11 - Aug 19th, 2009 at 8:39pm

I don't know about Sabbath-like, but I certainly get your point. That version is certainly the most ominous one that I have ever heard. It goes so well with the end credits too. With the hazy fog and the people just wandering away from the "scene of the crime" so to speak. A nicely recorded and mastered version of it would be great. There is a full recording of it on You Tube, but it's crap quality.

Riffy

...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&"When all government...in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided...” Thomas Jefferson&&&&"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases." — Thomas Jefferson&&&&&&&&We're not old men.We don't bother about petty morals--Keef&&&&Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth. &&-- George Burns&&&&&&I ain't no leftist!-Bob Dylan&&&&"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce

IP Logged

Holden
Rocks Off Regular

Tampa Bay
Reply #12 - Aug 19th, 2009 at 8:41pm
Bitch wrote on Aug 19th, 2009 at 7:51pm:

agreed. Would be a bore to play on guitar hero. It's a fantastic song though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9nvdgQNY8o

Here's the GS Pdog's talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM2GBr-DjTE
I still prefer Brussels.  taylor made smile

mrhipfl  
IP Logged

Mel Belli
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #13 - Aug 19th, 2009 at 9:07pm
Holden wrote on Aug 19th, 2009 at 8:41pm:
Bitch wrote on Aug 19th, 2009 at 7:51pm:

agreed. Would be a bore to play on guitar hero. It's a fantastic song though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9nvdgQNY8o

Here's the GS Pdog's talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM2GBr-DjTE
I still prefer Brussels.  taylor made smile

That PS is splendid! Keith tuning the high-E string on the fly — love it!

fka Sandrew (a proud Rocks Off member since November 2001)&&&&"The Rolling Stones don't want any money ... so I'll keep it." - Melvin Belli, "Gimme Shelter"&&&&"We act so greedy, makes me sick sick sick."&&&&...

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #14 - Aug 19th, 2009 at 9:14pm
Riffhard wrote on Aug 19th, 2009 at 8:39pm:

I don't know about Sabbath-like, but I certainly get your point. That version is certainly the most ominous one that I have ever heard. It goes so well with the end credits too. With the hazy fog and the people just wandering away from the "scene of the crime" so to speak. A nicely recorded and mastered version of it would be great. There is a full recording of it on You Tube, but it's crap quality.

Riffy

Sabbath wasn't a great comparison... i like ominous, that is def. the best descrition. so amamend my post to what riffy said.

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #15 - Aug 19th, 2009 at 9:49pm
Pdog wrote on Aug 19th, 2009 at 9:14pm:

Riffy

Sabbath wasn't a great comparison... i like ominous, that is def. the best descrition. so amamend my post to what riffy said.

W-w-what?....You and Riffy agreeing?......What's next....a Nancy Pelosi/Newt Gringrich love child...........Oh the horror Puke all over me (wait that is BLEED)

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #16 - Aug 19th, 2009 at 9:55pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Aug 19th, 2009 at 9:49pm:
Pdog wrote on Aug 19th, 2009 at 9:14pm:

Riffy

W-w-what?....You and Riffy agreeing?......What's next....a Nancy Pelosi/Newt Gringrich love child...........Oh the horror Puke all over me (wait that is BLEED)

LOL! Hey SCL don't tell anyone, but once Pdog and I shared a hotel room in NYC! It's true, and better yet the other roomie was Fiji!! It was like Malta or something.

Riffy

...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&"When all government...in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided...” Thomas Jefferson&&&&"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases." — Thomas Jefferson&&&&&&&&We're not old men.We don't bother about petty morals--Keef&&&&Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth. &&-- George Burns&&&&&&I ain't no leftist!-Bob Dylan&&&&"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #17 - Aug 19th, 2009 at 10:02pm
That's cool riffy. Considering that I actually am Maltese and ambivalent towards pretty much everything. I hope you both just keep rocking. That usually settles everything. War horses couldn't drag me away

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #18 - Aug 20th, 2009 at 6:28am
Riffhard wrote on Aug 19th, 2009 at 9:55pm:
LOL! Hey SCL don't tell anyone, but once Pdog and I shared a hotel room in NYC! It's true, and better yet the other roomie was Fiji!! It was like Malta or something.

Riffy

don't you mean Yalta?

Riffy is the dude on the right, with the cap....  Ouch!

... ... ...
IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #19 - Aug 20th, 2009 at 7:38am
Oh thanks for the good laugh there Gazza!   Grin Grin Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #20 - Aug 20th, 2009 at 7:40am
Gazza wrote on Aug 20th, 2009 at 6:28am:

Riffy

don't you mean Yalta?

Riffy is the dude on the right, with the cap....  Ouch!

LOL!!!!

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #21 - Aug 20th, 2009 at 7:50am
Gazza wrote on Aug 19th, 2009 at 5:21pm:
Paranoid Android wrote on Aug 19th, 2009 at 4:55pm:
Can't believe i predicted this!!! Gonna go out now  and buy me a POWERBALL ticket for the $250 mill...wish me luck!!!
]

Just in case, I'd like you to know that you've always been my favourite poster...... Let's go get drunk

Love mean NEVER having to say it...btw...you owe me $2.50 for the prize split...LOL

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #22 - Aug 20th, 2009 at 7:54am
Gazza wrote on Aug 20th, 2009 at 6:28am:

Riffy

don't you mean Yalta?

Riffy is the dude on the right, with the cap....  Ouch!

i'm the dude playin the dude disguised as another dude

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #23 - Aug 20th, 2009 at 8:04am
Stones are getting ready to blow doors!

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #24 - Aug 20th, 2009 at 8:07am
Some Guy wrote on Aug 20th, 2009 at 8:04am:
Stones are getting ready to blow doors!

by this time next year we will be complaining about the new tracks, setlists, rarities, keith's playing, Ronnie's posing and ticket prices!!! and a whole lot more...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)