Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Little Feat (nsc) (Read 2,404 times)
Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Re: Little Feat (nsc)
Reply #25 - Mar 28th, 2009 at 10:39am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
SheRat wrote on Mar 27th, 2009 at 7:56pm:
I'm glad for your ears you've seen the light. Sailin Shoes and WfC are on regular drunken rotation round these parts.

"Thanks I'll Eat It Here" contains a really good example of how a singer/performer can take a good song and make it great--just listen to his version of "Easy Money" back to back with Rickee Lee Jones'.

I used to have Apolitical Blues as my outgoing message. Anyone have the radio show (some east coast station I think) Lowell was on with Bonnie Raitt from the early 70's?

how's the juicy hole tour going?

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #26 - Mar 28th, 2009 at 10:53am
Starbuck wrote on Mar 28th, 2009 at 10:39am:
SheRat wrote on Mar 27th, 2009 at 7:56pm:
I'm glad for your ears you've seen the light. Sailin Shoes and WfC are on regular drunken rotation round these parts.

"Thanks I'll Eat It Here" contains a really good example of how a singer/performer can take a good song and make it great--just listen to his version of "Easy Money" back to back with Rickee Lee Jones'.

I used to have Apolitical Blues as my outgoing message. Anyone have the radio show (some east coast station I think) Lowell was on with Bonnie Raitt from the early 70's?

how's the juicy hole tour going?

Ouch!

aren't you married?

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #27 - Mar 29th, 2009 at 2:45pm

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #28 - Mar 29th, 2009 at 2:49pm
Starbuck wrote on Mar 29th, 2009 at 2:45pm:

You are starting to act in a similar manner to Mr. Alias.
BTW, Big Papi sealed the Mayor's Cup yesterday.

"slide your body, girl, right across the floor..do the Southside Shuffle..."Southside Shuffle-Mighty J Geils Band

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #29 - Mar 29th, 2009 at 2:56pm
Nellcote wrote on Mar 29th, 2009 at 2:49pm:

ouch! the family insult!

the only difference is that this youtube post is relevant to an active thread. it is also not headlining a new, useless thread about naming my pregnant neighbor's nephew's dog.

nellie...nellie...it's just spring training. and please keep in mind that had your precious big papi been doping when he was a twin, we wouldn't have cut him loose.

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #30 - Mar 29th, 2009 at 3:50pm
Starbuck wrote on Mar 29th, 2009 at 2:56pm:
Nellcote wrote on Mar 29th, 2009 at 2:49pm:

ouch! the family insult!

the only difference is that this youtube post is relevant to an active thread. it is also not headlining a new, useless thread about naming my pregnant neighbor's nephew's dog.

nellie...nellie...it's just spring training. and please keep in mind that had your precious big papi been doping when he was a twin, we wouldn't have cut him loose.

Just looking to provide you a parachute so you will not fall into the "defrocked" abyss...
Stop it on Papi.  Twinks did not see the forest for the trees...

"slide your body, girl, right across the floor..do the Southside Shuffle..."Southside Shuffle-Mighty J Geils Band

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #31 - Mar 29th, 2009 at 10:37pm
Nellcote wrote on Mar 29th, 2009 at 3:50pm:
 Twinks did not see the forest for the trees...

come now, nellie. here's some food for thought. he was with the twins for 6 years, and he has now been with the sox for six years. admittedly, he was up and down with the big club for three of the first six years with the twins, but the stats are pretty telling and give a good insight as to why the twins cut him loose:

HRs with the twins (97 - 02): 58
HRs with the sox (03 - 08): 231

RBIs with the twins: 438
RBIs with the sox: 731

hits with the twins: 393
hits with the sox: 936

avg with the twins: .266
avg with the sox: .297

shall i continue?

you'd have cut him loose too! sometimes a player needs a change of scenery, and papi needed to leave MN.

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Rhode Island
Reply #32 - Mar 30th, 2009 at 6:11am
who can blame him for wanting out of the land of ten thousand lakes?  but to suggest steroids is as misguided as your praise of Little Feat while dis'ng the Dead...it says more about you than your targets

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #33 - Mar 30th, 2009 at 7:25am
Starbuck wrote on Mar 29th, 2009 at 10:37pm:
Nellcote wrote on Mar 29th, 2009 at 3:50pm:
 Twinks did not see the forest for the trees...

come now, nellie. here's some food for thought. he was with the twins for 6 years, and he has now been with the sox for six years. admittedly, he was up and down with the big club for three of the first six years with the twins, but the stats are pretty telling and give a good insight as to why the twins cut him loose:

HRs with the twins (97 - 02): 58
HRs with the sox (03 - 08): 231

RBIs with the twins: 438
RBIs with the sox: 731

hits with the twins: 393
hits with the sox: 936

avg with the twins: .266
avg with the sox: .297

shall i continue?

you'd have cut him loose too! sometimes a player needs a change of scenery, and papi needed to leave MN.

Cut him loose for nothing?
Sounds like a Twins move

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #34 - Mar 30th, 2009 at 8:03am
lotsajizz wrote on Mar 30th, 2009 at 6:11am:
who can blame him for wanting out of the land of ten thousand lakes?  but to suggest steroids is as misguided as your praise of Little Feat while dis'ng the Dead...it says more about you than your targets

sorry sean!

live dead (and live music in general) does nothing for me. believe me...i've tried! i just don't see what all the hubbub is about.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #35 - Mar 30th, 2009 at 9:41am
" excellent band...always have been . "

I saw them last summer at " Rib Fest 2008 " . Great band that friggin ROCKED the house ( amphitheatre )  down .

YES !!!!

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #36 - Mar 30th, 2009 at 12:55pm
Starbuck wrote on Mar 30th, 2009 at 8:03am:
who can blame him for wanting out of the land of ten thousand lakes?  but to suggest steroids is as misguided as your praise of Little Feat while dis'ng the Dead...it says more about you than your targets

sorry sean!

live dead (and live music in general) does nothing for me. believe me...i've tried! i just don't see what all the hubbub is about.

hint: you need to find a reputable travel agent (see owsley stanley)

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #37 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 10:04am
" how's the juicy hole tour going ? "

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Brainbell Jangler
Rocks Off Regular

Portland, OR
Reply #38 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 11:46pm
mojoman wrote on Mar 30th, 2009 at 12:55pm:
Starbuck wrote on Mar 30th, 2009 at 8:03am:

sorry sean!

hint: you need to find a reputable travel agent (see owsley stanley)

Or kindly Dr. Tim, Keeper of the Sacred Tablets.

"The ROLLING STONES are more than just a group--they are a way of life."--Andrew Loog Oldham

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rhode Island
Reply #39 - Apr 2nd, 2009 at 5:22am
He has the key.

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)