Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DON'T FORGET - Bernard Fowler LIVE in NYC! - March (Read 1,055 times)
mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
DON'T FORGET - Bernard Fowler LIVE in NYC! - March
Mar 19th, 2009 at 12:34pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
DON'T FORGET!
Roll to NYC to Catch Bernard Fowler LIVE!
March 22, 2009 - NYC

Bernard Fowler

Bernard Fowler's talents as a singer, songwriter, producer and instrumentalist have resonated through the span of his extraordinary career in the music industry. He has appeared on over 30 albums, most recently focusing his artistic energy onto his first solo project, Friends with Privileges. This critically acclaimed effort draws from his diverse influences, and exercises his wide-ranging, powerful vocals while coupling his unique brand of rock with stylish grooves.

Fowler's first success in the music industry came early in his career as a trailblazer of house music in the garage music era. As a member of the New York Citi Peech Boys, Fowler started his trend of musical experimentation with the club hit "Don't Make Me Wait." While collaborating with Herbie Hancock on Hancock's album Future Shock, he began his long-standing relationship Mick Jagger, contributing to Jagger's solo album She's the Boss. Fowler went on to appear on every Rolling Stones album from 1989's Steel Wheels to 2008's Shine A Light.

He has lent his inspired vocals on solo albums for Keith Richards and Ron Wood, as well as fronting two jazz albums for Charlie Watts, and producing two albums for Ron Wood. He has toured with The Rolling Stones to every continent, performing for massive audiences the world over. Fowler has also worked with members of Pearl Jam, Def Leppard, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, and The Neville Brothers as well as recorded and performed with Yoko Ono, Duran Duran, Herb Albert, Nicklebag, Robert Plant, Living Colour, Sly & Robbie, Johnnie Johnson and Bootsy Collins. While working on his next solo project, he continues to record and tour with the bands Tackhead and Bad Dog.

Hey Fan Asylum VIP Travelers!

If you haven't bought tickets for this great event, you should do so now! Time to get to NYC and catch Bernard's soulful voice at the Highline Ballroom. He'll be performing with TackHead for this ONE-NIGHT ONLY event on March 22, 2009. Bring a laminate from previous Fan Asylum Rolling Stones travel packages for a Meet & Greet with Bernard before the show! Or, print out this announcement and bring to the show.

Featuring
Bernard Fowler
Doug Wimbish
Skip "Little Axe" McDonald
Keith LeBlanc

Highline Ballroom
431 W 16th St - between 9th and 10th Ave
New York, NY 10011 (212) 414-5994

Schedule of Events for Sunday, March 22, 2009

Meet & Greet @ 6:30 (time TBC)
Access with official Fan Asylum RS past years' laminate
or print out this email and bring with you.

Doors open @ 7PM

Concert starts @ 8:30PM

Tickets $22.00 in advance - Order here
$25.00 day of show.
You'll hear the songs that bring back memories from The Rolling Stones tours, PLUS other songs from Bernard's extensive repetoire, including songs from his new album, Friends with Privileges .

For tickets and more information, check out the Highline Ballroom.

If you need a hotel while in NYC, stay at The Gem. OR, for a slightly more tony experience, call Will J at 646-277-3324 at the Maritime Hotel - both are walking distance to Highline Ballroom.

All the best,
Tim, Marc, Lynne and the Fan Asylum gang

IP Logged

luxury
Rocks Off Regular

Re: DON'T FORGET - Bernard Fowler LIVE in NYC! - M
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 1:26pm
maybe...

&&

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 6:11pm
Already got my ticket! And I heard Blondie is making an appearance. So it should be great, a nice new small intimate venue.

BERNARD is a serious man!!!!!!!!!!!  Tongue Wink

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 10:53pm
I will not be able to make this, sadly.

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #4 - Mar 23rd, 2009 at 10:37am
I went. Good show from what I saw, but unfortunately got there late. Rolled up to the venue late, just as Blondie was getting out of his cab and we went straight to the bar. He told me he wouldnt be performing tonight. Got there just as Bernard was doing New York Time. Caught a few choice covers including Grinnin In Your Face, Cinnamon Girl and James Brown's Brand New Funky President. He encored with a great version of Miss You.

afterwards we went to Bernard's VIP Party at The Eldridge where he debut his new video for New York Time - which he shot here in NY last month - and if you dont blink you might catch me with Bernard in the bar scenes that were shot at Eight Mile Creek for the video.

party was fun while the Open Bar lasted, then it turned into $18 beer night. The drinks were good though - they had made Bernard themed drinks for the night like "Crossed Fire Hurricane", "That Thang", "Brown Sugar" etc

"On saturday night we dont go home&&We bacchanal, there aint no dawn"&&&&...&&&&

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #5 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 7:18am
Apparently, according to what he told some fans, Bernard will be producing Ronnie's 'upcoming solo album' ......

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #6 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 9:05am
Soem pix with thanks to Sue  Wink

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #7 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 10:33am
dudes are cold

... ... ...
IP Logged

mrpitiful
Rocks Off Regular

NY
Reply #8 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 11:04am
Quote:
in the bar scenes that were shot at Eight Mile Creek for the video.

Why would they film a video for a song called New York Time at Eight Mile Creek, an Australian themed bar?

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #9 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 11:13am
mrpitiful wrote on Mar 26th, 2009 at 11:04am:
Quote:
in the bar scenes that were shot at Eight Mile Creek for the video.

Why would they film a video for a song called New York Time at Eight Mile Creek, an Australian themed bar?

Our friend Gitano works there and stars alongside Bernard in the video. So thats how they chose it.  They shot the scenes in one day all around downtown Manhattan. It follows Bernard from the steps of the WOAF video to meeting up with Gitano (great Argentinian Ronnie-esque guitarist from The Moneymakers) and Nate Schweber (Jaggeresque singer from The New Heathens) at the cafe of the Bowery Hotel to meeting up with all of us friends at the downstairs bar at 8 Mile Creek. Its just a running theme in the video of Bernard in NYC with shots at night of him out on the street etc

"On saturday night we dont go home&&We bacchanal, there aint no dawn"&&&&...&&&&

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #10 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 6:26pm
Gazza wrote on Mar 26th, 2009 at 7:18am:
Apparently, according to what he told some fans, Bernard will be producing Ronnie's 'upcoming solo album' ......

Working title is 'Three Days'...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #11 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 6:43pm
or maybe he'll use the name of Ronnie Lane's old backing band - "Slim Chance"...

Whatever - it would appear that 19 months after their last concert, one of the band members is finally getting around to doing some work.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #12 - Mar 27th, 2009 at 8:11am
Gazza wrote on Mar 26th, 2009 at 6:43pm:
or maybe he'll use the name of Ronnie Lane's old backing band - "Slim Chance"...

Whatever - it would appear that 19 months after their last concert, one of the band members is finally getting around to doing some work.

dude's broke

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Mar 27th, 2009 at 9:21am
There's a link at Shidddddobbbbee to the new New York Time video. Sway, you going to Marianne Faithfull's show tonight?

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Mar 27th, 2009 at 9:24am

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #15 - Mar 27th, 2009 at 9:31am
Quote:
There's a link at Shidddddobbbbee to the new New York Time video. Sway, you going to Marianne Faithfull's show tonight?

not going to Faithfull show. Will be out at Happy Hour though if you're in the city. Possibly Stouts or seeing Nate Schweber acoustic at Banjo Jims. Give me a shout.

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Mar 27th, 2009 at 9:40am
I'll let you know. PM me yer cell #...

IP Logged

platter
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Mar 28th, 2009 at 9:03am
Saint Sway wrote on Mar 23rd, 2009 at 10:37am:
I went. Good show from what I saw, but unfortunately got there late. Rolled up to the venue late, just as Blondie was getting out of his cab and we went straight to the bar. He told me he wouldnt be performing tonight. Got there just as Bernard was doing New York Time. Caught a few choice covers including Grinnin In Your Face, Cinnamon Girl and James Brown's Brand New Funky President. He encored with a great version of Miss You.

afterwards we went to Bernard's VIP Party at The Eldridge where he debut his new video for New York Time - which he shot here in NY last month - and if you dont blink you might catch me with Bernard in the bar scenes that were shot at Eight Mile Creek for the video.

party was fun while the Open Bar lasted, then it turned into $18 beer night. The drinks were good though - they had made Bernard themed drinks for the night like "Crossed Fire Hurricane", "That Thang", "Brown Sugar" etc

18 bucks for a beer...are you serious?  thats to much.

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #18 - Apr 2nd, 2009 at 12:05am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckAEb822L_g

Here's a clip of 'Funky President' a James Brown tune  I posted on Youtube. Cool show, great new venue, Bernard is a good frontman, played alot from his CD "Friends with Priveleges"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)