Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
24 is back!!! (Read 3,995 times)
sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Re: 24 is back!!!
Reply #25 - Jan 12th, 2009 at 12:22pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Saint Sway wrote on Jan 12th, 2009 at 12:11pm:
Ya gotta feel bad for Jack Bauer.

He's had quite a few really shitty days.

Only 7 Wink

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Ade
Rocks Off Regular

What's Occuring?

London, U.K
Reply #26 - Jan 12th, 2009 at 2:23pm
8 if you include that "Redemption" special  Wink

...&&...&&&&...&&
IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #27 - Jan 12th, 2009 at 3:47pm
and on the Sixth Day, God created "Emotional Rescue"

on the Seventh Day, he was too hungover to do anything else

"On saturday night we dont go home&&We bacchanal, there aint no dawn"&&&&...&&&&

IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #28 - Jan 12th, 2009 at 11:02pm
I'll say this for you BJ, you're a true believer. The problem with that is that you are the exact kind of person that I would never want to head up any kind of security force for our national defense. The show is just that. A show. However, when I hear liberals bitch and moan about stupid shit like water boarding I can only barley stifle a laugh, or an outright guffaw! I am reminded of the images of Nicolas Berg having his head sawed off with a butcher's knife while he screams his last screams in horrifying agony. I remember the bodies of seven burnt Americans strung up on a bridge in Fallujah with the practitioners of the "religion of peace" dancing around their charred remains. I remember people choosing to leap from 101 floors up from the WTC rather than burn alive.

Liberals hate the show 24 because to them it represents a bullying American image of machismo. However, they always excuse the actions of Islamic fuckers like Hamas in Gaza. Liberals are ALWAYS on the wrong side of the argument. To liberals Bush is a war criminal and Israel is an occupying force. They are a very weird breed.

Liberals scream about water-boarding and some stupid antics in Abu Ghraib, but they never acknowledge that the soldiers involved in Abu Ghraib were arrested and sentenced, and that every FBI,CIA, and Special Forces personnel is required to undergo water-boarding as per their training.

The fact that Khalid Sheik Mohamed cracked as a direct result of water-boarding and because of this action the plan to blow up seven airliners over the Atlantic was averted. To a liberal that price was too high. Crazy! They'd probably think differently if their children had been on one of those planes. The man plotted the worst terrorist attack in the history of civilization, and was planning another just as devastating, and liberals accuse Bush of war crimes because he had the gall to allow water-boarding on him! Stunningly naive is the mindset of an unhinged, unrealistic, and uninformed liberal.

Riffy

...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&"When all government...in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided...” Thomas Jefferson&&&&"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases." — Thomas Jefferson&&&&&&&&We're not old men.We don't bother about petty morals--Keef&&&&Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth. &&-- George Burns&&&&&&I ain't no leftist!-Bob Dylan&&&&"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rhode Island
Reply #29 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 4:40am
stunningly un-American and unpatriotic is such advocacy

not to mention idiocy

Ouch!

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #30 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 6:49am
lotsajizz wrote on Jan 13th, 2009 at 4:40am:
stunningly un-American and unpatriotic is such advocacy

not to mention idiocy

Ouch!

Yeah, you're right Jizzy! Abraham Lincoln was stunningly un-American to suspend Habeas Corpus as well! FDR (liberal demi-God) was out of his fucking mind to detain thousands of Japanese Americans in WWII.

The fact that you would rather allow thousands of innocents to get blown out of the sky rather than subject the worst terrorist in the world to a what amounts to nothing more than a training exercise for our very own Spec Ops guys is what is truly idiocy! Sheer, utter, and complete idiocy in fact. It was revealed just last week that had this Islamic sub human not been waterboarded than those seven planes would most certainly have been brought down over Atlantic with the loss of all lives. You, in your sheer contempt for any common sense would have happily allowed that to happen. My gut tells me that you would have a completely different take on the matter had your mother,father,sister, brother, or child been on one of those airliners. Since they weren't though you have this stupid fucking cavalier attitude about what is, and what is not the "American" thing to do. Had you been in charge all those people would be dead now. But hey, your conscious would be clear for not hurting the worst terrorist in man's history, right?!

Your kind are dangerous, not to mention that you show zero understanding about the mindset of the enemy we face. Islamists would laugh in your face for your stupid assed contrived "patriotism". Then they'd cleave your head from your body and hold it up for the camera to see. I'd bet my bottom dollar that you would be happy to see some Islamic fuck get waterboarded if it meant saving you from that fate. Or would you just be a happy liberal and "take one for the team"?!

Riffy

...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&"When all government...in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided...” Thomas Jefferson&&&&"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases." — Thomas Jefferson&&&&&&&&We're not old men.We don't bother about petty morals--Keef&&&&Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth. &&-- George Burns&&&&&&I ain't no leftist!-Bob Dylan&&&&"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #31 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 10:09am
Okay Jizzy, MM and BJ. Tell me this.

You are faced with interrogating a person who detests you because of your Country of origin.
Said detainee would like nothing more than to see you and your entire family wiped out in the name of, let's say, Allah. In their eyes you are pure evil because you are a citizen of the United States of America.

You have a chance to save hundreds of innocent lives by applying some unethical techniques; perhaps  the life of one of your family members is at stake. But you only have 5 minutes.

Remember. If YOU were in THEIR custody they would think NOTHING of brutalizing you.

Do you mean to tell me you would insist on calling in a Public Defender and letting innocent people die???
Do you honestly think people who have been indoctrinated since youth to HATE/KILL YOU can be reasoned with???? Sadly, I do not.

And don't think there aren't remnants of my Liberal Democratic upbringing in my blood.
These are not easy choices and WE have done our share to alienate many in the Arab world.

Bottom line is this...the enemy has changed. Sometimes WE have to change our way of dealing with them, as ugly as it may be.

I'm not trying to fight. I'm tired of fighting. It's all we seem to do anymore. Just expressing my opinion.

LJ.

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #32 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 10:23am
24 is great entertainment.

The fact that liberals get their underwear bunched up over it is icing on the cake.

Of course, they will likely seek to have it censored now.
That's how libs do it.
Freedom of speech as long as it is the correct speech.

I hope Jack Bauer's antics in DC this season results in some collateral liberal damage...

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rhode Island
Reply #33 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 11:13am
The redneck cabal is fond of arguing against what they wish was said rather than what was actually said.  Typical.  A people who will sacrifice hard-won liberties for perceived security merits (and will achive) neither; something our Founding Fathers understood.  But then again the right wing/nutjob brigade left American principals behind long ago....

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #34 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 11:29am
All that hot air you spew is contributing to Global Warming.

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #35 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 11:36am
lotsajizz wrote on Jan 13th, 2009 at 11:13am:
The redneck cabal is fond of arguing against what they wish was said rather than what was actually said.  Typical.  A people who will sacrifice hard-won liberties for perceived security merits (and will achive) neither; something our Founding Fathers understood.  But then again the right wing/nutjob brigade left American principals behind long ago....

You never answered my hypothetical question, Jizzy.

You are the interrogator and your wife and kids lives are at stake. What would Jizzy do? Use whatever means to get info to save them or let them die as patriots of hard won freedom? This is NOT an attempt to fight with you, but rather to understand your perspective.

LJ.

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rhode Island
Reply #36 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 11:54am
I'm not your suspect to be interrogated.  Those of us in the business know that information derived from such methods is inherantly unreliable.  This is something the Framers understood 230 years ago but which the mob forgets and must relearn every few years.  That is why we once had a Constitution.

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #37 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 12:01pm
Translation:  I don't have an answer to what was said, so I must be a redneck.

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #38 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 12:09pm
Translation: Another condescending reply to someone who hasn't the "intelligence" to DARE ask a question of the all knowing Contrarian.

LJ.

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #39 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 1:29pm
I watched it for the first time last night, really got into it, I like the action, it's really well done, & having a Woman as the President could have been a reality if Hilary got in, but i like the guy who did get in.

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

jostorm
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #40 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 1:55pm
Brainbell Jangler wrote on Jan 12th, 2009 at 12:21pm:
 The tribalist response is always festering in the primordial ooze that is the human unconscious (see Wilhelm Reich's The Mass Psychology of Fascism).  Shows like "24" succeed by appealing to such base instincts.

Someone articulate actually philosophises here??? And he/she can actually spell???  Am I on the wrong board????
Smiley

You nailed it, BrainbellJangler! Unfortunately, I am far more cynical (and probably older) than you and think that, in the great historical picture, if you blinked you probably missed Enlightenment altogether...

Wasn't there a psychological experiment with over twenty students about 20 years ago at some American University (was it Stanford?) in which "tribalism" made nice, open-minded students turn into power-hungry jailors that tortured their "captives"??? I think that a German movie from 2008 dealt with the same subject, how human decency goes out the window in the face of total power. I doubt that many people think about "right" or "wrong" when they watch 24, they are far too busy riding the adrenaline wave.

IP Logged

jostorm
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #41 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 2:07pm
LadyJane wrote on Jan 13th, 2009 at 11:36am:
You are the interrogator and your wife and kids lives are at stake. What would Jizzy do? Use whatever means to get info to save them or let them die as patriots of hard won freedom? This is NOT an attempt to fight with you, but rather to understand your perspective.

LJ.

This does sound exactly like the sort of question that would be asked from a conscientious objector who refuses to go into war/ "What would you do if the Krauts/Vietnamese/Jihadists came into your home and threatened to kill your wife/mother/sister?" Doesn't it??? And the hypothetical scenario doesn't change the fact that what is right is right, and what is wrong is wrong.

Dear LJ: I hope you enjoy the forthcoming series of 24 and get a lot of pleasure out of it.

And now I'm off, before the usual political shit hits the fan.
It's not even Friday....

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #42 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 2:18pm
"This does sound exactly like the sort of question that would be asked from a conscientious objector who refuses to go into war/ "What would you do if the Krauts/Vietnamese/Jihadists came into your home and threatened to kill your wife/mother/sister?" Doesn't it??? And the hypothetical scenario doesn't change the fact that what is right is right, and what is wrong is wrong."

100% correct Jo. I just don't see it as a black and white issue. Not anymore.

LJ.

IP Logged

Brainbell Jangler
Rocks Off Regular

Portland, OR
Reply #43 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 3:13pm
nankerphelge wrote on Jan 13th, 2009 at 10:23am:
24 is great entertainment.

The fact that liberals get their underwear bunched up over it is icing on the cake.

Of course, they will likely seek to have it censored now.
That's how libs do it.
Freedom of speech as long as it is the correct speech.

I hope Jack Bauer's antics in DC this season results in some collateral liberal damage...

Yep, those unhinged leftard loons over at West Point sure got their military panties bunched up, don't they?  In fact, the whole damn military is crawling with commies!  It's riddled with Reds, I tell ya!  Hoo-boy!

"Sherman, set the Wayback Machine for 1953."

"The ROLLING STONES are more than just a group--they are a way of life."--Andrew Loog Oldham

IP Logged

Brainbell Jangler
Rocks Off Regular

Portland, OR
Reply #44 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 3:20pm
LadyJane wrote on Jan 13th, 2009 at 12:09pm:
Translation: Another condescending reply to someone who hasn't the "intelligence" to DARE ask a question of the all knowing Contrarian.

LJ.

I'll answer the hypo.  The major premise, that torture yields reliable intelligence, is false.  I know that some here claim that waterboarding caused Khalid Sheik Yerbouti to reveal some terror plot.  Please provide proof.  Then there is the slippery slope argument.  It may well be that all of us would be safer if we were subjected to constant surveillance.  Who wants that?  The fact is that our values and liberties come with a price.  Totalitarian regimes throughout history have held power not by force, but by firghtening the majority into submission "for their own protection."  If we surrender our values out of fear, the terrorists win.

"The ROLLING STONES are more than just a group--they are a way of life."--Andrew Loog Oldham

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #45 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 3:22pm
How did you get through Harvard with such a poor understanding of logic?

How's them underoos - still stuck way up the crack of yer ass BJ??

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #46 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 3:24pm
Brainbell Jangler wrote on Jan 13th, 2009 at 3:20pm:
LadyJane wrote on Jan 13th, 2009 at 12:09pm:

LJ.

I'll answer the hypo.  The major premise, that torture yields reliable intelligence, is false.  I know that some here claim that waterboarding caused Khalid Sheik Yerbouti to reveal some terror plot.  Please provide proof.  Then there is the slippery slope argument.  It may well be that all of us would be safer if we were subjected to constant surveillance.  Who wants that?  The fact is that our values and liberties come with a price.  Totalitarian regimes throughout history have held power not by force, but by firghtening the majority into submission "for their own protection."  If we surrender our values out of fear, the terrorists win.

One of the things you have wrong is you're avatier covering up your comments, how about making your avatier smaller, this has been going on for ages, I can't properly read your posts.

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

monkey_man
Rocks Off Regular

Fac ut vivas.

Reply #47 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 3:28pm
Crikey this show is a work of fiction! Settle down y'all. It's entertainment that is a world class drinking game. Everytime a woman connives drink a shot. Anytime someone on the show screams "who are you working for?" you pound a tall boy. I'm trashed 25 minutes into the show!
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2009 at 3:29pm by monkey_man »  

...&&&&.........&&&&"In other words shut the hell up about what others believe. It only makes you look like a small minded snob. "&&&&Riffy

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #48 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 3:33pm
monkey_man wrote on Jan 13th, 2009 at 3:28pm:
Crikey this show is a work of fiction! Settle down y'all. It's entertainment that is a world class drinking game. Everytime a woman connives drink a shot. Anytime someone on the show screams "who are you working for?" you pound a tall boy. I'm trashed 25 minutes into the show!

Great idea!
Bless you m_m Wink

I really didn't want this thread to turn into yet another argument but ya know howe we are around here.

LJ.

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #49 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 3:36pm
It isn't an argument.

It is a discussion of the great show along with some commentary and bad logic by our resident apologists!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)