Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Poll Poll
Question: Favourite Beatles LP?

Please Please Me    
  3 (5.0%)
With The Beatles    
  0 (0.0%)
A Hard Days Night    
  0 (0.0%)
Beatles For Sale    
  1 (1.7%)
Help!    
  0 (0.0%)
Rubber Soul    
  5 (8.3%)
Revolver    
  15 (25.0%)
Sgt Pepper    
  1 (1.7%)
Magical Mystery Tour    
  1 (1.7%)
The Beatles (aka, The White Abum)    
  16 (26.7%)
Yellow Submarine    
  1 (1.7%)
Abbey Road    
  14 (23.3%)
Let It Be    
  3 (5.0%)

Total votes: 60
« Created by: Honky Tonk Man on: Jun 7th, 2008 at 6:36am »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Favourite Beatles LP? (Read 13,893 times)
Honky Tonk Man
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Blackwater, Hampshire
Re: Favourite Beatles LP?
Reply #25 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 5:52am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Being a big, big Beatles fan, like others here too, there isn't an album of theirs that I dislike. They are all sublime, with the exception being - should've been an EP - Yellow Submarine.

I actually voted for Revolver. Over recent years it has seemingly stolen the mantle of 'Greatest Beatles Album' from Abbey Road and there was a time when Sgt Pepper was considered their finest achievement as well, remember. It took me a while to warm to Revolver though; I found it to be a little downbeat in comparison to earlier works, yet its greatness does shine through with repeated listening. Like Abbey Road, it’s a great McCartney album. Great bass playing along with two of his very finest delicate ballads, For No One and the lovely, Here There And Everywhere. What an album.

Keep the votes coming!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #26 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 12:36pm
" I  do! Listen to it in the dark, Joey. Even in the bog, if it helps.  "

... !!!!!

*** END TRANSMISSION ! ***

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #27 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 1:16pm
Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #28 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 3:07pm
After John Lennon got shot in the 80's, I went out & bought a lot of Beatles albums that I had in the 60's, that were worn out, I picked Sgt. Pepper, it's sort of like their greatest accomplishment, If it wasn't for The Beatles, I probably would have never heard of The Stones! so I don't go along with this business of knocking The Beatles! if one was brought up in the 60's, they'd know about this, like Mick said in a interview "They were bigger then Jesus" I love all their albums, especially the early ones, & they were not only a pop band, which a lot of people on this board like to say, they could rock with the best of them, listen to "slow Down" if that's not great rock 'N' Roll, then I don't what is.

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #29 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 3:19pm
My vote was for "The Beatles" (white album) I heard it on peyote and it was like being in heaven the whole albunm is great even the commercial stuff like Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da; this album is the Beatles at his most creative and innovative period

However I love all their albums from Revolver to Let it Be (Abbey Road was their last recording but saw the light of day before Let it Be)

Then I just was into Lennon  smoking more weed is good for your health

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #30 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 4:05pm
corgi37 wrote on Jun 8th, 2008 at 4:50am:

Tell us how you REALLY feel, corgi... Wink Tongue

"When you change with every new day, still I'm going to miss you, Brian"

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #31 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 4:05pm
MrPleasant wrote on Jun 8th, 2008 at 1:16pm:
Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.Abbey Road.

Tell us how you REALLY feel, MrPleasant.... Wink Tongue

IP Logged

homesickjameswilliamson
Rocks Off Regular

Alcoholic Cunts Like Knives

Reply #32 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 5:44pm

Im tied between Revolver and Rubber Soul, i went for revolver, i'd say rubber soul gets more play now and is my favourite atm, btu revolver got me into the beatles when i hated everything else they did and just didnt get them, this opened my eyes played it straight for like a month then went onto the rest lol

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #33 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 6:26pm
" After John Lennon got shot in the 80's, I went out & bought a lot of Beatles albums that I had in the 60's, that were worn out, I picked Sgt. Pepper.. "

Getting shot in the back four times RIGHT in front of your apartment and then having to crawl up the stairs and ask for help is NO friggin way to leave this orb .

No Friggin Way !

On a much brighter note , Paul is now singing Lennon's songs in concert .

*** YES !!!! *** 

www.MACCAREPORT.com

JOEYKINS !

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

Seeker of truth and, regrettably,
finder of truth

USA
Reply #34 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 2:50am
I'm with you Honky T Man -- there's not a one I don't love, and I'll even take Yellow Submarine Side One simply by virture of the presence of Only A Northern Song and Hey Bulldog...

Hard call, but just had to go with Rubber Soul -- American OR British version -- pre-acid, marijuana fumes rising just from the cover alone, you wouldn't have had Revolver without it.

IP Logged

MRD8
Rocks Off Regular

Melbourne, Florida
Reply #35 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 3:59am
Have any of you heard the AMAZING remasters of The Beatles entire catalog by Purple Chick? You can go to Demonoid and enter The Beatles Purple Chick in the search engine. The stereo remaster of the White Album is my favorite at the moment...its on 12CD's featuring both the stereo and mono mixes, demo's, sessions, video mixes...all kinds of stuff!Smiley

IP Logged

Honky Tonk Man
Rocks Off Regular

Blackwater, Hampshire
Reply #36 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 5:03am
zooeyglass wrote on Jun 9th, 2008 at 2:50am:
I'm with you Honky T Man -- there's not a one I don't love, and I'll even take Yellow Submarine Side One simply by virture of the presence of Only A Northern Song and Hey Bulldog...

Well yes, side A of Yellow Submarine is very good - It's just The Beatles.

I still maintain that Yellow Submarine shouldv'e just been an EP, a similar kind of the release to the excellent Magical Mystery Tour EP. Though, at least that works as a full LP.

Wasn't side 2 of the Capitol release of A Hard Days Night just the George Martin Orchestra?

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #37 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 5:15am
gazza...just curious.

what off the white album would you classify as "filler"?

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #38 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 6:12am
Starbuck wrote on Jun 9th, 2008 at 5:15am:
gazza...just curious.

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Please do not go there, Bucky! Wink

IP Logged

Honky Tonk Man
Rocks Off Regular

Blackwater, Hampshire
Reply #39 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 6:28am
Wild Honey Pie, Don't Pass Me By, Why Don't We Do It In The Road, Honey Pie, Rocky Racoon, Piggies, I Will, The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill.

The above mentioned tracks are in my opinion, absoloute 100% filler. Take them away, and you are still left with a very long LP. In fact, to come out with a perfect record, there are a few others I personally, could do with out.

The genuine classics on the record, in my opinon, are...

Back In The USSR, Dear Prudance, Glass Onion, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Happiness Is A Warm Gun, Martha My Dear, I'm So Tired, Blackbird, Julia, Birthday, Yer Blues, Mother Natures Son, Everybody's Got Something To Hide..., Sexy Sadie, Helter Skelter and Cry Baby Cry.

Now thats a killer 16 track album, no?

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #40 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 7:26am
Honky Tonk Man wrote on Jun 9th, 2008 at 5:03am:

I still maintain that Yellow Submarine shouldv'e just been an EP, a similar kind of the release to the excellent Magical Mystery Tour EP. Though, at least that works as a full LP.

Wasn't side 2 of the Capitol release of A Hard Days Night just the George Martin Orchestra?

two songs on each side were orchestral.  The remaining 8 songs were songs that were also on the UK version. The UK version had one side featuring the 7 songs from the movie and side 2 was six non-soundtrack songs (which is the side I personally prefer). Great album. I bought that one the same day as I bought Abbey Road.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #41 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 7:32am
PartyDoll MEG wrote on Jun 9th, 2008 at 6:12am:
Starbuck wrote on Jun 9th, 2008 at 5:15am:
gazza...just curious.

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Please do not go there, Bucky! Wink

Blank Frigging Stare

Wild Honey Pie
Why Dont We Do It In the Road
Long long long
Everybodys got something to hide except for me and my monkey
Cry Baby Cry
Savoy Truffle
Honey Pie

Some of those songs arent bad by the standards of 95% of artists, but had they been recorded for any other Beatles album to that point, I'd have been surprised if they would have been included.

I know some of them are "half songs" - which is something they also used on side 2 of Abbey Road, but the ones on that album were far more effective.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #42 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 8:09am
Honky Tonk Man wrote on Jun 9th, 2008 at 5:03am:

I've always loved side 2 of Yellow Submarine. Those George Martin arrangements are beautiful.

"She delivers right on time,&&I can't resist a corny line, &&But take the shine right off your shoes"&&&&"When I die I want to be burned and blown up Gazza's ass. Is he up for that? Is he a true stones fan. I know Voodoo would do it." - TomL '07&&...        ...        ...          ...          ...&&..'til the wheels come off...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #43 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 9:32am

" Why Dont We Do It In the Road
Long long long
Everybodys got something to hide except for me and my monkey
Cry Baby Cry
Savoy Truffle

Some of those songs arent bad by the standards of 95% of artists, but had they been recorded for any other Beatles album to that point, I'd have been surprised if they would have been included. "

... !!!!!!

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 10:19am
Gazza wrote on Jun 7th, 2008 at 7:38am:
"Shabby Road"

Bought it on holiday in the Isle of Man when I was 11. I think it was one of the first two or three albums I ever bought with my own money. 34 years and a couple of thousand albums later its still one of my favouriye two or three albums of all time.

My choice too. I'm glad to see that Sgt. Pepper received only one vote so far. In my opinion, it's the most over-rated album of all time.

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #45 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 10:46am
Honky Tonk Man wrote on Jun 9th, 2008 at 6:28am:
Wild Honey Pie, Don't Pass Me By, Why Don't We Do It In The Road, Honey Pie, Rocky Racoon, Piggies, I Will, The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill.

The above mentioned tracks are in my opinion, absoloute 100% filler. Take them away, and you are still left with a very long LP. In fact, to come out with a perfect record, there are a few others I personally, could do with out.

The genuine classics on the record, in my opinon, are...

Back In The USSR, Dear Prudance, Glass Onion, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Happiness Is A Warm Gun, Martha My Dear, I'm So Tired, Blackbird, Julia, Birthday, Yer Blues, Mother Natures Son, Everybody's Got Something To Hide..., Sexy Sadie, Helter Skelter and Cry Baby Cry.

Now thats a killer 16 track album, no?

Well, I don't think "I Will" is filler. And I would have to add "Savoy Truffle" to your revised CD list!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #46 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 10:52am
" My choice too. I'm glad to see that Sgt. Pepper received only one vote so far. In my opinion, it's the most over-rated album of all time . "

Ninea Abs Shae Monkee !!!!!

You shall NOT touch my monkey !!!!

Ninea !

IP Logged

Kilroy
Rocks Off Regular

I love this place!

Mickville Virginny USA
Reply #47 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 10:42pm
Many Years from Now, Many many years, I tell you People will listen to Revolution#9 and say these guys were well ahead of there time, John Lenon and Yes Yoko Ono. It is a masterpiece, yet to be fully appreciated. IMO. Blank Frigging Stare

The Core Of The Rolling Stones is Charlie Watts Hi-Hat/The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me/And Then We Became Naked/After the Skeet Shoot & Sweet Dreams Mary & #9 11/22/1968 @#500 2/19/2010 @#800 4/09/2011 @#888 10/28/2011 @#1000 2/2/12

IP Logged

Honky Tonk Man
Rocks Off Regular

Blackwater, Hampshire
Reply #48 - Jun 10th, 2008 at 3:17am

[/quote]
two songs on each side were orchestral.  The remaining 8 songs were songs that were also on the UK version. The UK version had one side featuring the 7 songs from the movie and side 2 was six non-soundtrack songs (which is the side I personally prefer). Great album. I bought that one the same day as I bought Abbey Road.
[/quote]

Always had a real attachment to A Hard Day's Night. It was the first Beatles album I bought as well and You Can't Do That was THE song that got me intio the group. I'm glad they decided to not include it in the film. It makes side 2, along with I'll Be Back and Things We Said Today.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #49 - Jun 10th, 2008 at 8:46am
" Many Years from Now, Many many years, I tell you People will listen to Revolution#9 and say these guys were well ahead of there time, John Lenon and Yes Yoko Ono. It is a masterpiece, yet to be fully appreciated.  "

...  !!!!!!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)