Autor Tema: Andrew Loog Oldham en 40x5 Bar!!  (Leído 4128 veces)

Desconectado Ignacio

• Ver Perfil
Andrew Loog Oldham en 40x5 Bar!!
« on: Noviembre 05, 2006, 07:58:36 am »
Simplemente...GRANDE JUAN IGNACIO!!

Buenos Aires ,3 de Noviembre -  El hombre parece un gran hombre ,y le queda perfecto el traje de leyenda viva de la historia del rock&roll  ,es que este ingles de 62 años ,es nada mas y  nada menos ,que el mentor ,primer productor ,manager ,y diseñador de la banda mas grande de todos los tiempos.Reconocido unanimemente por todos los intregrantes del grupo ,de que sin el no hubiera habido Rolling Stones y por ende ,no existiria el bar que fue a conocer , 40 x 5 Tributo Bar.
  Andrew Loog Oldham  llego a la esquina de Cuenca y Navarro y entró al tunel del tiempo ,se detuvo ante cada foto ,cada cuadro y no ahorro comentarios ni exclamaciones ...!!!! Billy!!! gritó cuando vio la foto de Wyman con Juan Ignacio , señaló " Between the Buttoms " como su mejor trabajo con los Rolling Stones ,que se entendió como que el siguiente hubiera sido mejor( ese fue el ultimo disco con ellos) y adivinamos en su detenimiento  y en su silencio lo que nadie se atrevio a preguntar :¿ habria visto alguna vez la tumba de Brian Jones? ,su mirada parecia dar la respuesta. La charla informal con Juan Ignacio( el dueño del bar) duró aproximadamente 1 hora y 10 minutos ,respondio con gusto a todas las preguntas y no esquivo ningun tema  y el bar 40 x5 se guarda el priviliegio de que se siga cambiando la historia..es que Andrew por ejemplo ,revelo que en aquel historico momento en que Los Beatles le ofrecen en una esquina ir al estudio para que los Stones graben un tema de ellos...John y Paul estaban ..!!! borrachos!!! ,porque venian de una fiesta.Tambien conto que nunca vio nada igual como la presentacion de sus chicos por estas tierras en Febrero del 95 en el marco de la gira Voodoo Lounge ...! Fue impresionante! dijo con los ojos bien abiertos y enseguida volvia a los televisores donde se veian presentaciones de la banda en shows televisivos alla por 1964.".estas cosas solo las vi en su epoca...luego nunca mas". Mr Andrew: ¿ Hasta cuando tenemos Rolling Stones? ....ni ellos saben hasta cuando ,pero cuando sea La ultima vez tampoco te van a avisar ,simplemente te van a decir..esa fue.

40 x 5 Tributo Bar " El Homenaje Argentino a la Banda mas Grande de la Historia"
"Man who lose a bad habit soon find another" (Keith Richards)

• Visitante
« Respuesta #1 on: Noviembre 05, 2006, 08:35:20 am »
muy bueno esta visita...conocer a andrew,viajar a ver a los stones,  la verdad q juan ignacio es un groso, cuando estuve por bs as para ver los shows no pude ir al bar, pero por lo q lei por ahi es un excelente lugar.
y sobre oldham alguien sabe pq no trabaja mas con los ratones??

Desconectado Gerardo

• Administrator
    • Ver Perfil
    • http://rocksoff.org
    • Email
« Respuesta #2 on: Noviembre 05, 2006, 08:46:16 am »
¡ Qué bárbaro Juan Ignacio !

Estás con un grande, orgulloso de ser tu amigo y de haber estado ahí

Desconectado sandra

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #3 on: Noviembre 05, 2006, 09:19:00 am »
No hay palabras...

simplemente...la historia esta contigo Juan Ignacio...

el hombre que formulo, la receta llamada

the rolling stones....

No te van a avisar, simplemente te van a decir se fué... :cry:
sandra stones foreverrrrr

Desconectado NoMusicNoLife78

• 50 años del mejor rock n' roll del mundo...
    • MSN Messenger - diegocasadidio@live.com
    • Ver Perfil
    • http://www.rollingstones.com
    • Email
« Respuesta #4 on: Noviembre 05, 2006, 09:41:44 am »
I'm back!!!!!!!
Simplemente para saludar a Juan y felicitarlo por esta visita ES-PEC-TA-CU-LAR!!!

Grande Juan!!!!
STONES FOREVER!!!!

Desconectado Marcelo Quatraro

• Administrator
    • Ver Perfil
    • http://www.rollingmania.com
« Respuesta #5 on: Noviembre 05, 2006, 10:58:25 am »
Muy bien Juanchu, otro objetivo cumplido
Me imagino que la charla habra sido muy jugosa, seguro que tendremos mas info a la brevedad
felicitaciones.

Desconectado NIK JAGER

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - transitofm@yahoo.com
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #6 on: Noviembre 05, 2006, 11:10:09 am »
felicitaciones . que pena no se aviso a foristas que viven en buenos aIres o cerca como cris  stone .
seguro todo salio muy rapido .
me hubiera encantado preguntarle TEMAS NO STONES  como   dylan desconocido en UK , steve marriot y el juicio con los verve .
felicitaciones otra vez .
SALUDOS  8)

entrevista a andrew en el 2003

'What would we talk about?' Oldham says of the Stones Why has the musical maverick who discovered the Rolling Stones succumbed to the siren song of Vancouver? ALEXANDRA GILL tells all

By ALEXANDRA GILL
Tuesday, July 8, 2003 - Page R1

Andrew Loog Oldham strides into the room, his head tossed back in a regal rock-star pose that still commands attention. The music maverick who discovered the Rolling Stones at a dingy little club in 1963 and taught them how to turn their errant ways into an empire, has arrived once again.

At a restaurant, this time, in Vancouver -- the city he and his Colombian film-star wife now call home. For nearly 30 years, Oldham has lived off Rolling Stones' royalty cheques in Bogota, Columbia. But earlier this year, he and Esther decided that the country's political situation was getting a little too hairy. So they nailed the carpets in their penthouse down to the floor and hightailed it to, of all places, Vancouver.

Where else would a legend from London's Swinging Sixties, now purified by the Church of Scientology and as obsessive about his health as he once was about drugs, choose to go?

Even before he began managing and producing what would become one of the world's greatest rock bands at the age of 19, Oldham epitomized London's Swinging Sixties. By the time he "found" the Rolling Stones at the Crawdaddy Club in the London suburbs, the charming bon vivant had already dressed boutique windows, worked for fashion designer Mary Quant and been run out of France for his involvement in what he now calls "a tawdry, but innocent kidnapping."

Oldham spent less than five years shaping the Rolling Stones into bad-boy superstars, but it's still acknowledged far and wide that the golden-era soundtrack they made together laid the groundwork for the group's enduring popularity.

You can check out his story for yourself, in the first episode of The Rolling Stones -- Just for the Record, a five-part documentary series that begins airing on Bravo! tonight. But just in case anyone forgets to mention that it was he who locked Mick Jagger and Keith Richards in a small room until they had co-written their first song (As Tears Go By), Oldham has already published the first two parts of his autobiography (Stoned and 2Stoned ). He plans to begin writing the third, and final, volume in Vancouver.

At 59, Oldham still looks the part of a classic Svengali. He has arrived at West Restaurant with his blue shades pulled down, wearing a khaki safari shirt, crisply pressed, unbuttoned and casually tossed over a T-shirt and faded blue jeans. He walks towards the table, head held high, his beautiful wife at his side, a frantic photographer in hot pursuit.

Oldham seems positively chipper, having just been to see the Yard Birds at a local club the night before.

"It was fabulous," he enthuses. "The sound was impeccable. They had little tricks that enhanced already good vocals. And what was most endearing was the singer, who wasn't an original Yard Bird, but when he introduced an old song, he talked as if it were his, as if he were in the original group."

As with all the entertaining stories this natural raconteur tells, this one does have a Rolling Stones subtext -- but the punch line entirely belongs to him.

"When I found the Rolling Stones, they were playing at this club in Richmond. And when they departed from that gig, the Yard Birds became the band that took over. Cut to the guy who ran the club. He, not having got to manage the Stones, ended up managing them."

Club land, continues Oldham in his distinctive stream-of-consciousness storytelling style, has definitely changed. "People were coming up to me last night and handing me vials of ginseng, saying 'Here you go, mate. Thank you for your records. We thank you for what you've done.'

"Vials of ginseng! Which is a much healthier change than what I would have been looking for a couple of dozen years ago. And nice that everyone was walking around with vials of ginseng."

Hmm. Makes you wonder what they're mixing it with, I say.

His peers over his sunglasses, eyes open wide, as if to say 'Exactly!' "After I did one, I went, 'Hey wait, you're on the West Coast of the Americas, never mind Canada. What are you doing?' " Exactly! What the heck is Oldham doing here?

Vancouver apparently "called" him for a number of reasons, one of which gets lost in a meandering story about being pulled over for speeding by a Colombian police officer who didn't read his Colombian driver's license very closely and assumed the pale-skinned gentleman with a British accent and graying red hair must have been on vacation from British Columbia.

Then there's the fact that Vancouver is only 2½ hours from Los Angeles, where their son is going to college. "One would never insult one's son by living in the same postal code," he explains.

From Vancouver, he can still continue his long-distance relationship with a Scottish band called V-Twin (he's going to Glasgow to record their third album in August). And of course, Vancouver seems to be an ideal place for Oldham to work full-time on an obsessive health regime that began with the Church of Scientology's gruelling 40-day purification cleanse back in 1995. Oldham says he couldn't care less about Scientology's bad rap. "Most successful things get a bad rap. I mean, the Rolling Stones get a bad rap, don't they?"

Work, he explains later, is the real villain of modern life.

Oldham and Esther kicked their cocaine and alcohol addictions together.

They now jump-start their bodies with Contact Reflex Analysis ("the Rolls-Royce version of reflexology"), daily Pilates, eating according to their blood type, the Hay Diet and the baggie of vitamins that includes Liver Plex, garlic, ginger, Omega 3s and rhiadola -- "new to the charts, very good for the nervous system."

Despite their flight, Oldham says they are as committed to Colombia as they are to their health. "I can't speak highly enough of that country. When I got there in 1975, I thought I was in heaven. It gave me a second chance here on Earth to repair the fabric of my cloth. For the first 12 years, until MTV arrived and the world changed everywhere, I lived there anonymously in Columbia. Nobody knew who I was, except for the fact that I was married to Esther. Maybe a few rich people from Miami knew who the Rolling Stones were. But it wasn't making an impact on the kids."

That anonymity didn't help his lifestyle much for the first 20 years. It only helped him sustain his habits in seclusion.

"When you're bombed, you don't really object to real bombs," he explains. "You see a tank on a corner, and what impresses you is how big the wheels are -- not the real issue of why the tank is on the corner."

His Colombian memories will be included in his third book. Yes, he knew some shady folks. "It was impossible not to. I wouldn't call them criminals. They were just people who had an adventurous sense of retail."

The Stones have not officially co-operated with Oldham's books, and he hasn't had much contact with them since he left them in 1967. "What would we talk about?" he asks. But he doesn't hold any grudges, or so he claims. And he certainly doesn't find it at all odd that they're still chugging along after all these years.

"A musician is entitled to work. It's his way of life. I mean, before they tour, all the questions are: Are they too old to tour? Once they're on the road, that goes out the window. They're selling tickets. It's not like nobody wants to see them.

"When you're 21 or 25, you're invincible. You laughed at people over 50. So the reality is, why should I stop? One can sometimes question the circumstances under which they play, but that's their choice."

The stadium thing, is a bit of a "spectacle."

"They do clubs, occasionally, as warm-ups, but it's Christians and lions, isn't it? Look at Toronto. The world is going to be very satisfied -- they're going to get the Rolling Stones and Justin Timberlake on one bill," he says, grinning slyly.

"He didn't make it over the border with Christine Aguilera, now Toronto can have the pleasure. Maybe he can do David Bowie's part in Dancing in the Street."

Desconectado Pocho

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #7 on: Noviembre 05, 2006, 05:32:46 pm »
FELICITACIONES
Gran visita a un bar que ya tiene una gran historia!

Saludos
Suerte

Desconectado Soldatti

• Ver Perfil
    • http://stonesinfo.20m.com
« Respuesta #8 on: Noviembre 05, 2006, 07:25:46 pm »
Felicitaciones Juan Ignacio, el bar sigue haciendo historia.

Desconectado AlexStone

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #9 on: Noviembre 05, 2006, 08:33:45 pm »
Que buena onda y felicitaciones ... todo un personaje es andrew ...

Saludos Stoners  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:
IORR... BUT I LIKE IT!!!!

Desconectado Estela

• Administrator
    • Ver Perfil
    • Email
« Respuesta #10 on: Noviembre 05, 2006, 09:20:50 pm »
Otro sueño más cumplido, Juan!!! Bien por vos!
Me hubiese encantado estar ahí.  :wink:
Si tienes voz, tienes palabras, déjalas caer...

Desconectado rogerriffin

• On the way down to Mexico...
    • MSN Messenger - rogerriffin@rocksoff.org
    • Ver Perfil
    • http://www.rocksoff.org/phpBB/images/avatars/114687131047325ed9ad589.jpg
    • Email
« Respuesta #11 on: Noviembre 05, 2006, 09:29:57 pm »
Que buena onda que le caiga el manager al bar.

Cuando Bill ve fotos de Andrew tambien hace la misma expresión?! :lol:
Rock`n`Roll, Let`s Go!!!
Keith, Mèxico 1995.
Disculpen por la tardemia!
Mick, Monterrey 2006.

"Pon a los Stones para aterrizar mejor!" M-Clan

Desconectado CHUCK BERRY

• Ver Perfil
    • Email
« Respuesta #12 on: Noviembre 06, 2006, 01:38:44 am »
GRANDE JUAN!!!! tuviste un pedazo de la historia de los rolling stones en tu querido bar... cuando vi el titulo y la foto me quede asi  :shock: . un abrazo hermano!

let it rock baby
chuck berry

Desconectado DADOS TIRADOS

• MSN Messenger - dadostirados@gmail.com
    • Ver Perfil
    • http://rollingstones-stone-age-chile.blogspot.com/
    • Email
« Respuesta #13 on: Noviembre 06, 2006, 07:14:16 am »
Un Formula 1
ES-PEC-TA-CU-LAR!!!

Desconectado ChrisStone

• MSN Messenger - susmajestades@hotmail.com
    • Ver Perfil
    • Email
« Respuesta #14 on: Noviembre 06, 2006, 12:28:36 pm »
LOs Ratones PAranoicos lo querian a Andrew y a Mick T en escena en River PLate en 1995

De la oficina de los stones les llego la advertencia......que si llegaban a ver a andrew o a mick t a menos de 40 cuadras de river los ratones no iban a tocar jajajaja........los stones detestan a andrew............desde que huyo como una rata en 1967

debe ser interesante poder hablar con el..........le haria firmar mi Their Satanic :shock: jajaja haber si se atreve a tocarlo