Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
NEXT year's tour is OFFICIALLY now THIS year's tour! (Read 3,003 times)
ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Re: NEXT year's tour is OFFICIALLY now THIS year's tour!
Reply #75 - Apr 18th, 2024 at 11:21am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Listening to Depending on You rn and just thought how utterly amazing it would be if they invited some string orchestra to play that song with them in some of the cities, kinda like they did in Vienna with that Ukrainian children's choir (even if that was more to set a sign for Ukraine)

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #76 - Apr 18th, 2024 at 12:44pm
NEXT year's tour is OFFICIALLY now THIS year's tour! 
is now officially THIS MONTHS TOUR!!

The 10 day countdown has begun!!
« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2024 at 12:45pm by Paranoid Android »  

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #77 - Apr 18th, 2024 at 1:07pm
So fucking excited!! Even if it's still exactly 5 weeks til my 1st show Cheesy but how incredibly lucky are we?! It's 2024 and the Stones are touring with a new album!! Cheesy

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #78 - Apr 18th, 2024 at 3:07pm
Google just showed me this article from an Austrian news outlet: https://www.oe24.at/leute/musik/rolling-stones-zuenden-den-tour-coundown-mit-fri...

It's basically referring to people posting and discussing the rehearsal setlists as "insiders" lol so idk how seriously to take this because they clearly got all their info from FB and IORR and maybe also from here  Grin
But it also says that apparently next year they're coming back to Europe!

IP Logged

Justin
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #79 - Apr 19th, 2024 at 9:26am
something to whet our whistles in the meantime!

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

They'll Never Make a Saint
of Me!

2000 light years from home
Reply #80 - Apr 24th, 2024 at 4:51pm
I listened to the Stones performing Drift Away about a week ago. I've heard that Mick says that the tape drags somewhere in the song but I couldn't detect that myself and I'm usually sensitive to such audio glitches. I know it's a pipe dream, but I wish they'd perform it again this tour and release the recording.

BDSM in Classic Rock thread

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #81 - Apr 25th, 2024 at 5:29am
Before heading to the US in 26 days to attend 4 Stones shows, I'll be seeing one of my favourite younger modern-day bands, Pvris, live for the 3rd time next week...they got a new album out and I just saw the setlist from the first show of their tour last night: they played 24 songs in total and of those 10 out of 11 from the new album

This made me wonder why can't the Stones do that?! They totally could imo...I know they won't but what speaks against playing all 10 (or maybe at least 8) of the new songs that they rehearsed at every show? That still leaves enough space for the war horses

I just looked up the war horses they always play and those are:

Satisfaction
Start Me Up
Tumbling Dice
Street Fighting Man
Midnight Rambler
Jumpin Jack Flash
Honky Tonk Women
Paint it, Black
Sympathy for the Devil
Gimme Shelter
You Can't Always Get What You Want

Those are 11 songs...imo they can leave out YCAGWYW since they got SSOH now that would make 10 War Horses and 8 songs from the new album plus one more Keith song cause he got Tell Me Straight on the new one...(or they could just play 20 songs)

I'd MUCH rather get to hear as many new songs as possible and not IORR, LARS or Wild Horses (insert any other of those rotation songs) for the 5th time...
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2024 at 5:30am by ronnie-woody »  

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #82 - Apr 25th, 2024 at 12:38pm

Thank god I escaped having to see the Ghost Hounds again, one time in Berlin was mkre than enough Lips Sealed well granted they don't also choose them for NYC1 in the end, but the fact that this one is still to be announced let's me hope it's actually gonna be Gaga maybe Cheesy

Tbh except for Kaleo (whom I saw opening for the Stones in Munich in 2017) and the Pretty Reckless (whom I gonna see opening for AC/DC in July), I don't know any of those bands...Betty LaVette only from Steve's IG seeing how he produced her latest record...

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #83 - Apr 25th, 2024 at 2:53pm
I'm really happy with Red Clay Strays after checking them out on YT

And Tyler Childers also is pretty good!

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #84 - Apr 25th, 2024 at 3:18pm
All kinds of crazy texts Im getting about Panic opening up in Denver.
That's a downright double bill!!

I asked a couple of friends who are Panicheads about Stones covers that Panic plays.
Typical Stones covers are SFTD, JJF, DF, Happy, DDDDD(H), and Time Waits for No One.

Wouldnt it be crazy if Jagger came out for TWFNO?!?
It's never been played live by the Stones.
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2024 at 7:35am by Paranoid Android »  

IP Logged

Neverbeenbutshould21
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #85 - Apr 25th, 2024 at 11:55pm
Those who don't know Lawrence 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssnxTEb1dp8
They just toured with Jonas Brothers -- I caught them on that tour. The sister is a powerful singer -- she could be the female for Gimme Shelter.

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #86 - Apr 26th, 2024 at 12:47am
Neverbeenbutshould21 wrote on Apr 25th, 2024 at 11:55pm:
Those who don't know Lawrence 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssnxTEb1dp8
They just toured with Jonas Brothers -- I caught them on that tour. The sister is a powerful singer -- she could be the female for Gimme Shelter.

Oh I actually like that one! Yesterday I only looked into two other vids by them that I didn't enjoy that much but this one is good! And here is one I also like where the guy is singing more:

IP Logged

Brainbell Jangler
Rocks Off Regular

Portland, OR
Reply #87 - Apr 26th, 2024 at 1:22pm
The only two opening acts I recognize are Gary Clark, Jr. and Joe Bonamassa.  I would have been delighted to see Clark, but I am perfectly satisfied with Bonamassa in Seattle. 👅

"The ROLLING STONES are more than just a group--they are a way of life."--Andrew Loog Oldham

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #88 - Apr 28th, 2024 at 7:56pm
LADIES & GENTLEMEN......................................................
THE ROLLING STONES!!!!!

IP Logged

ijwthstd
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #89 - Yesterday at 12:49pm
The addition of Widespread Panic has doubled Denver secondary prices, at least on the low end. When was the last time the Stones actually got a real boost from an opener?

"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest.&&&&http://www.soundcloud.com/thesameoldsauce
TotallyRandomDan  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #90 - Yesterday at 7:50pm
I remember on the Licks tour in Europe they added AC/DC to the bill at some slower selling shows in Germany.  I'm sure its happened since. Maybe the late 2006 US tour? There were firesales galore on that ill-fated leg.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #91 - Yesterday at 11:06pm
ijwthstd wrote Yesterday at 12:49pm:
The addition of Widespread Panic has doubled Denver secondary prices, at least on the low end. When was the last time the Stones actually got a real boost from an opener?

Friends (panicheads) told me the same thing today...even straight-up Panic tkts have gone up they said...
I had a (very good friends) couple ask me if I would consider going to DEN with them....on the spur of the moment...
Never been...legal weed...I would do it at the last minute.
Other than beaching/work...I have no obligations after June 15 until mid august....any spare LDs anyone?!?
Life is just a cocktail party....
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:08pm by Paranoid Android »  

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #92 - Today at 4:06am
So what do y'all think about the new stage? I actually really like it, sure it's simple compared to what they put up in the 90s e.g. but it's so much better than the Sixty stage, the screens are huge and seem to be really great quality Smiley almost makes me wish we didn't wanna be in the pit for every show we are attending, so we could see more of the stage LOL but only almost^^

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #93 - Today at 4:10am
Gazza wrote Yesterday at 7:50pm:
I remember on the Licks tour in Europe they added AC/DC to the bill at some slower selling shows in Germany.  I'm sure its happened since. Maybe the late 2006 US tour? There were firesales galore on that ill-fated leg.

Maybe that's why Seattle is getting Joe Bonamassa? It seems to be a really slow seelling show, you can get all-in tix on Tickpick for 29 dollars, insane...could this also be the reason fot it being the only show where TM doesn't allow re-sell tickets for pit bevause they already cannot get rid of all the others? I was just wondering because it's a bit curious that there are re-sale pit tickets for every show on TM except Seattle...I read on IORR that someone wasn't even allowed to put his ticket on TM for resale because they can't get rid of them...this is insane, why are there so little Stones fans around this area? I mean Seattle is a rich region, right? People there shouldn't have too many problems with the ticket prices, I figure as compared to, let's say, maybe Denver or Glendale idk

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #94 - Today at 7:18am
ronnie-woody wrote Today at 4:10am:
why are there so little Stones fans around this area? I mean Seattle is a rich region, right? People there shouldn't have too many problems with the ticket prices, I figure as compared to, let's say, maybe Denver or Glendale idk

Just a guess...but in my mind at least...SEA has a higher younger demographic.
All my under 40 friends appreciate my passion for the Stones...they like the Stones...they ask what shows Im going to this time, etc.
In other words, they are certainly in the know about what's going on due to their news feeds, I assume.
BUT,  they really don't care about seeing a few 80 year olds playing songs they've heard a few hundred times over the years on the radio, TV, films, ads, etc.

It would be the equivalent of me being 40 in 2004 and going to see
the likes of (I had to wiki all this BTW) Bing Crosby, Perry Como, Dinah Shore...all whom were in the top 40 sixty years prior in 1944.
I might be off a bit in that comparison, but as they say here on these boards..."Dudes are old!"

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #95 - Today at 7:32am
I guess you got a pretty good point there about the age demographic, I mean if they aren't one of your fave bands, you also wouldn't pay that much money for at least halfway decent seats...not all younger fans feel like they're born in the wrong generation after all (as my friends and I do LOL) but probably go see younger artists instead of wanting to see the Stones...this doesn't mean I don't also love younger artists like e.g. the Struts or Måneskin or Brigitte Calls Me Baby, but in general I just love 60s-80s music altho I only was born in the 90s Grin

But what I gathered in the silver pit in Munich and in Golden circle at Hyde Park in 2022 (which were decent tickets for not TOO much money), there definitely were loads of 20-30 yos there who just wanted to see the Stones live once in their lives

So maybe if they had a bigger GA and not so many overpriced seats in the golden circle area, they would attract more younger people who tend to wanna have okay-ish spots in the standing area...but on the other hand, their main demographic is getting too old to stand all show I suppose

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)