Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 12
Send Topic Print
Is This the new Official HACKNEY DIAMONDS release thread? (Read 9,662 times)
Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Is This the new Official HACKNEY DIAMONDS release thread?
Oct 19th, 2023 at 5:57pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Just trying to keep it FRESH.

I actually held a vinyl copy thus evening
at my local RS. They would not permit a selfie with it for legal reasons.

+++This Record Should Be Played Loud+++
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2023 at 7:20pm by Paranoid Android »  

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Re: Is This the new Official HACKNEY DIAMONDS release thread?
Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2023 at 7:16pm
No... not that loud Paul...

LOUDER

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2023 at 7:19pm
For those of you keeping score at home

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hackney_Diamonds

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #3 - Oct 19th, 2023 at 11:24pm
Mick on the album in  the Guardian today:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/oct/20/the-more-children-you-have-the-mor...

Nice pictures.

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #4 - Oct 20th, 2023 at 5:56am

12 songs 48 minutes 28 seconds

The next tour should be called "No Filler"!!

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #5 - Oct 20th, 2023 at 6:51am
I wish Tell Me Straigh was longer, it could have been like Thru and Thru...but I love it either way, it's so beautiful, Keith's voice sounds amazing and the lyrics seem heartfelt, even if Keith told Howard Stern it's about "fake news"...lol whom is he trying to kid, it definitely feels personal...he obviously just doesn't wanna talk about it and that's fine, he doesn't have to

It's also very nice to hear Mick and him sing such beautiful harmony on it and on some other songs on the album <3
« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2023 at 7:04am by ronnie-woody »  

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #6 - Oct 20th, 2023 at 10:09am
Angry - I’m still taking the piss. Fuck yes

Get Close - nice opening and funky grove. I was worried Jagger would have dumb stupid lyrics. I’m happy he’s making me cringe. Wow, those horns.

Depending on You - a ballad? God I hold my breathe. Stones ballads can be hard for me to like. Ok, this is good. It’s building and what great lyrics. Too young, too old. Makes me feel old/new memories of lovers. This ballad is good. Hats off to Ronnie guitar work.

Bite My Head Off - Are you fucking kidding me! Crunchy guitars. This is what my anger sounds like. Perfect rock and roll song. I was a dog…. Yeh boyeeeeee. A shark lyric to redeem Sparks will fly, sharks will cry.

Whole Wide World- jumps right into it. Guitars and vocals. Loving jaggers accent on this song. I can relate to these lyrics. Being alone and in trouble. We’ve all been there before. The riff and lead together in the middle and then the build up while Jagger reminds me there’s hope.

Dreamy Skies - I feel like I walked in on the song. It’s as if it’s always been playing and we just showed up to hear it. Ronnie slide guitar sounds amazing. just like other country songs by the stones they seem to been built for this. Most importantly, for me, Mick is writing lyrics that goes so well with the music. They don’t feel forced. “I just got a break free from it all.” Man I can take that to the grave. It’s times like this, that I have to remind myself, Mick is an excellent musician, as well as Singer. Just him on harmonica alone he earns every bit of his excellent musicianship.

Mess it Up - Did they? Idk. I think I’ve read a few reviews that I’ve made this the weakest song on the record. I’m not sure how I feel about it because I don’t hate it, it’s the stones and I’ve been waiting for this. But the course is a little crazy for me. Hoping this grows on me more. But knowing that they recorded tons of songs, I can’t help but think is there a gem out there that’s sitting in the cans somewhere. With that said, I don’t hate this song. It’s a good song amongst great songs. But the course is pretty cheesy. And then the end that’s probably what I’m gonna love most about it. It’s got a funky beat and you can bug out to it.
The dorkiest part of this song for me is, in my head I can picture of people doing a 70s disco dance to this.

Live By Sword - The song with everybody. This was the one that made Keith almost cried during his Howard Stern interview. I can hear Elton on this one. I wasn’t totally digging this song at first, and then to slight fazing on the vocals really got me sucked in. Nice Judgey lyrics too. Whore/hardcore. Great rhyme. Oh, towards the end, it’s just booty shaken.

Driving Me too Hard - I just realize this album is flying by as this track starts. And I was hoping for something to grab me right away. But it’s not. Has another ballad feel. Jagger slipping into the course now, and it’s not as bad as I thought it would be. My thought again is just like with mess it up. Is this one of those songs that there was something better but we didn’t get it. It’s making me want to know what else is left over from the session.
I’m looking Mick. I don’t know what I did to you. But you did good on this album. OK now there’s guitar weaving and I really like that. So this song has some redemption.

Tell Me Straight- Haunting. If you don’t know, I’m a Keith Richards diehard. So when Keith is singing, it’s time to shut the fuck up.

Sweet Sounds of Heaven- i’ve listen to this song, more than any other song on the album. Due to its early release.
Immediately liked it a lot more than Angry. We’ve had the two to listen to for about a month. Every time I play this song, I have one of those near me to hear it, but I’ve never said anything about who it is or if they like it. I heard someone say something about this song being played in a church. I could picture this being played in some event, Jellicle Christian church, and I’m not even knowing that this is one of the most decadent rock bands it’s ever existed. That also sing a song sympathy for the Devil. Well, you got this song it’s about heaven. Gaga makes this song go from a perfect ten to put it on eleven and pull the knobs off.

Rolling Stones Blues- shut up. Cut it out. Is this really happening? I can’t believe in over 60 years. They’ve never recorded the song. I don’t even know if they’ve ever played it live. All I know is it seems like this should’ve been done sometime before I was born. But it still sounds fresh. It’s impossible to not like this. For me it’s impossible not to think of all the old blues musicians that came after this building up to these boys from England, discovering the blues and selling it back to us in America.

My summation. This just makes me want more. If you listen to this now, for the third time, I’m writing out the stupid little review, which is in a review, it’s just how this made me feel more than anything. I need another record by them already.

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #7 - Oct 20th, 2023 at 12:31pm
Sorry for all the typos. I did voice to text on my phone.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #8 - Oct 20th, 2023 at 8:47pm
This is fun!

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #9 - Oct 20th, 2023 at 8:57pm
They've never played 'Rolling Stone Blues' live, pdog

Hard to believe.

Great post, btw
« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2023 at 9:15pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #10 - Oct 20th, 2023 at 9:04pm
From Musicweek

Polydor's Ali Tant on the Rolling Stones' incredible new LP: 'It will be a rocket for the catalogue'

by Andre Paine
October 20th 2023 at 7:03AM

Polydor’s head of marketing Ali Tant has spoken to Music Week about the the Rolling Stones’ campaign for Hackney Diamonds – their first album of original material in 18 years.

The Stones played a surprise show in New York last night at Racket NYC. The album launch featured a guest appearance by Lady Gaga during the encore.

The band have just unveiled their huge partnership with Spotify for the Stones lips logo on Barcelona shirts. It’s just one of many components to a global campaign that includes DSP partnerships, branding deals and international pop-up stores.

The Rolling Stones revealed their comeback plans with a Hackney Empire launch event last month, which was broadcast globally on YouTube. Lead single Angry became their first Top 40 hit since 2005.

Within the huge global campaign, there will be a lot of attention on the week one UK sales. The Stones’ 2016 covers album Blue & Lonesome was released in December that year and opened at No.1 with sales of 105,830.

Hackney Diamonds has been released alongside Polydor and Universal Music’s catalogue campaign for the band, following the release of 40 Licks on DSPs in the summer. It’s all part of a wider strategy to boost streaming for the band with big DSP partnerships set to roll out for the campaign.

“There is huge room for growth and I truly feel the quality of this album gives them a huge opportunity to do that,” said Ali Tant. “Alongside the new album we’re constantly looking for new initiatives to help grow catalogue streaming.

“We love working with the UMR team. Hannah [Neaves], Azi [Eftekhari] and the team have been fantastic on the Stones. We worked very closely on the Forty Licks campaign leading into the announcement of Hackney Diamonds, and we have further plans to continue to build the Stones’ catalogue later this year and into 2024.”

“Getting Forty Licks back out was really important for us as we’ve not had a compilation in the market that tied both ABKCO and the Stones’ post-1971 catalogue together for years,”
added Tant. “There are various metrics we want to hit over the next 18 months but personally I’d like to get the Stones into the top 100 acts on Spotify off the back of Hackney Diamonds and keep them there!”

You can read our report on Hackney Diamonds in the latest edition of Music Week.

Here, Ali Tant reflects on working on one of the biggest albums in his label career and opens up about the long-term ambitions for Hackney Diamonds…

Looking back to the Hackney Empire launch event, how did that help to kickstart the global campaign?

“The launch was everything that we wanted and more. I didn't sleep really for about a week leading into it, because I was so so nervous, because it was so big. It's the biggest thing that I will ever do in my career bar none, in terms of a domestic act. The return of the biggest band of all time, arguably. YouTube has been, and will continue on this campaign, to be absolutely brilliant. We spoke to them about three months before the launch and went through what we wanted to achieve, which was essentially to create a TV show to launch the album campaign. Mick was very clear that he didn't want this to feel too British, which is why we brought Jimmy Fallon over. We wanted someone who actually had a strong social foothold, as well as being someone the band have got a relationship with and feel really comfortable chatting to. So whilst it was always going to launch in London and Hackney especially, it always needed to feel bigger than just a London launch, which is why we flew in a lot of media from around the world – the stalls were 70% international media.

“We had 188,000 people watch the livestream as it went out and then a further two million in the first 24 hours, which is incredible. The main views outside of the UK came from the US, Germany, Japan, France, South Korea, Brazil. Off the back of the launch, within 48 hours we had 10% growth on subscribers to the YouTube channel. We launched the Angry video, which did more in a day than Living In A Ghost Town has done in its life. That is testament to the song and video, but also testament to what YouTube have come to the table with. Their plan was pretty incredible.”

Angry became the Stones’ first Top 40 hit since 2005, is that a sign of how DPSs are embracing the campaign?

“I really wanted Angry to be a Top 40 single because I felt it could [do it]. There are very few older acts that can put a single in the Top 40 in the current climate, ABBA probably being the only other one in recent memory that have done it without a sync. The streaming on the track was really healthy, 60% of the consumption came from streams. It was quite fun listening to the Stones getting played on daytime Radio 1. Hearing Jack Saunders playing the Rolling Stones on the BBC Radio 1 Chart Show in full was very enjoyable. In Music Week, Alan Jones wrote that they are the first act to have a newly-recorded hit song over six different decades. It’s a very nice stat.”

So they are reaching a new audience this time around, as well as long-term fans?

“Yeah, completely. I mean, that's the whole point of this record. What’s very important to Mick is that we're not just hitting the same Stones fans they can hit week in, week out, it was about reaching new audiences. It's about not just new music but how can you future proof the catalogue, how can a younger generation of people discover the Stones? Angry is in the new EA Sports FC 24 video game. I wanted the song to be in a situation where it's heard without any bias. If a 15-year-old kid can hear the song not knowing it’s by the Rolling Stones, like the song and then realise it's the Rolling Stones, then for me that's a massive win.”

It sounds like it’s going to be a long campaign into 2024 that connects with the catalogue…

“Yeah, that was another thing that Mick was very vocal on. He didn't want this to be week one and done. We’ve got a really nice suite of formats. The aspiration is that it's going to be a big number for week one. But there's a lot more to come for week two, three, four, five. There’s a fair chunk of time going into the Christmas period, and there are still activations to happen between October and December as well.”

What's the potential for more hits, because it’s quite a diverse record in terms of styles?

“Angry was the first song that we heard, obviously it’s track one. It was always the first single, it set the tone for the record. It was the one that announced ‘we’re back’. There is no nuance to it, it's just a brilliant sounding Stones song. For me, the best song on the album is Sweet Sounds Of Heaven, which is the seven-and-a-half minute gospel-inspired track with Lady Gaga and Stevie Wonder. When we sat down at Metropolis to listen to the album earlier in the year, that song especially, it knocks you off your feet. It’s not just a very good new Stones track, it’s up there with the best songs that they've ever made. It’s in the same sort of world as Gimme Shelter and Sympathy For The Devil.

“The album is extremely strong. I think Will Hodgkinson [in The Times] said it's their best album since Some Girls [1978], and he’s right. The third single is Mess It Up, which is one of the two songs that Charlie [Watts] plays drums on. That's kind of like a long lost relative of Miss You, it’s more disco-infused Stones. The album has got a bit of something for everyone. It's got the Rolling Stone blues cover at the end, it’s almost like going full circle. It's absolutely brilliant.”

With 12 tracks over 48 minutes, it’s a substantial new body of work…

“Yeah, you've got the more single tracks, Angry, Mess It Up, Depending On You, which is a really strong track that feels a little more fragile in terms of subject matter. It's about relationships, it's about friends, it's about the relationship that they've had with each other. When we sat down and heard the album in full, I wasn't sure what to expect. You go into these situations and you're nervous because you want it to be brilliant. You're also conscious that you're being looked at because your reaction to the songs is being monitored. But yeah, it was just incredible. I came out smiling for about four days.”

In terms of a career highlight, what was that like listening to the record with the band?

“It just didn't feel real. I've met a lot of people in my career, and I never take it for granted. I came back and told my wife, ‘I've just been sat in the studio listening to the record [with the Stones] and I can't tell anyone!’”

The UK is actually leading on this campaign, which is fantastic for an iconic British band. How are you working with international partners?

“The UK has, historically, always led on the Stones. The UK isn't necessarily the biggest market for the stones – arguably the US and Germany are bigger, Germany's a massive market for the Stones. The work that Victoria [Fonfe] and Nickie [Owen] do in the international team is incredible to make sure that everyone feels super-served and gets what they need. It's just been an absolute honour to work on this one. When Tom [March] went over to Geffen, it was a very natural place for the Stones to go. The Stones have been with Interscope anyway, so Tom, Adrian [Amodeo], Steve Berman [vice-chairman] and John Janick [CEO/chairman], are incredible and bring a huge amount to the campaign in terms of partnership activations.”

Although you said it’s not just a week one record, what ambitions do you have for the opening result, particularly with the vinyl?

“We’ve made sure that we've got a really good suite of products. Each key retailer has got their own exclusive, be it Amazon, HMV, indies, e-commerce, they all have exclusive products. I'm very intrigued to see how CDs sell on this record. Whatever people say about the CD market going into decline, the Stones audience always buck that trend. Yes, vinyl is going to do well on this record, but the CD is going to do very well. So we  needed to make sure that we had good products for both vinyl and CD.”

What do you think is going to be key to keeping this album going into next year? It sounds like the band are hungry for success as well…

“Yeah, they expect the best. They expect us to work really hard on it. They're working really hard as well. We're sort of getting into the plans for next year. But the plan really is that this is 18 months [of activity] that will keep this album buoyant – but not just the album it’s the catalogue as well. The Stones’ catalogue has ticked over nicely, it's done well. We've had moments like the Goats Head Soup reissue and Tattoo You reissue, where we've seen spikes and brought new audiences in. But if you take Blue & Lonesome out of the equation, this album is the first time in 18 years since they have put out a studio album. It’s the first time in the streaming era that they have put out a proper studio album. I genuinely think this album is going to be a rocket for the catalogue. This album will bring new fans in, but everything we’re doing is not just about this album. The Spotify-Barcelona partnership is about exposing the Stones and their iconic branding to a billion people. It’s not just going to be all focused on the new album, it’s going to be focused on everything.”

Where can the Stones go from here, can they reach new heights on this campaign?

“Yeah, but it’s the Stones! They’ve been at the top for six decades, both musically and culturally. They’re always pushing boundaries, be it in a live sense, musically or creatively. Who else has remained at the forefront of culture for over 60 years, constantly pushing to achieve more. Honestly the quality of this record just cements the Stones at the top of the list. It is incredible, and I think it will take a lot of people by surprise. The reviews are really strong, but I think the word of mouth is going to be even stronger. It’s an absolute honour to be involved with the Stones. I’ve got very high expectations for the record.”

PHOTO: (L-R) Fred Stuart, head of digital creative & artist development, Polydor; Victoria Fonfe, VP international marketing, special projects, UK, Universal Music; Keith Richards; Semera Khan, senior director of creative, Polydor; Orla Lee-Fisher, EVP strategic marketing, Universal Music Group; Sir Mick Jagger; Ali Tant, Polydor head of marketing; Ronnie Wood

PHOTO CREDIT: Dave Hogan

MAIN PHOTO CREDIT: Mark Seliger

LINK :

https://www.musicweek.com/labels/read/polydor-s-ali-tant-on-the-rolling-stones-i...
« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2023 at 9:17pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #11 - Oct 20th, 2023 at 9:07pm
I can't wait to hear this album!

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

FPM
Rocks Off Regular

Right here in the USA
Reply #12 - Oct 20th, 2023 at 10:56pm
I just got done listening to the album with RO legend Sir Stonesalot.

I'm so fucking happy we all lived to experience the Stones doing what we knew they could do.  Listening to it straight thru, climaxing with Sweet Sounds and then into Rolling Stone Blues -  It's impossible not to tear up.   I love this fucking band so much, and they love me back.

Let the old still believe that they're young. 

When I dedicated my life to Keith Richards in 7th grade, I figured it would lead to an early death. His AND mine.  Instead, the Stones completely changed what it means to be 80 - old by any yardstick.   You can rock the whole way home, man. Now we know.

The new album is better than Some Girls. Fight me.

...&&&&
IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

Reply #13 - Oct 20th, 2023 at 11:31pm
Finally. I listened to it, streaming since my physical copy hasn't been delivered.

Wide range of emotions.

It sounds different, but familiar. Very familiar when Charlie is anchoring the band. Charlie Watts. I miss his sound.

The weaving is evident. I think they finally got it to be what they always wanted. I can't tell Ronnie from Keith on some tracks. More weaving, less riffs. I enjoy hearing Keef pepper some of the tracks with little blues motifs. There's some John Lee Hooker stuff here and there.

It's a loud record. Even Rolling Stone Blues is mixed hot.

The mix on Sweet Sounds of Heaven is beautiful. Stevie is a great addition.

The line forms behind me for The Hackney Diamonds World Tour. Bring it on!

IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #14 - Oct 21st, 2023 at 12:03am
Blown away. I was expecting a stronger than normal "late career" offering, but this record absolutely floored me upon first listen.

After 2016's Blue and Lonesome it was obvious that the chops were still very much there in the studio space. But cover tunes couldn't portend the sublime songs chosen for this short sharp shock of Hackney Diamonds.

The band has nothing to prove, but they proved it anyway. The snark is there. The sneering anger is there. The wistful regret is there. The nod to their early 1980's disco dabbling (which they did, and still do, do with a Stonsian panache) is there. Charlie is there! In fact he hangs all over this album even on the tunes that he had no part in. Bill is there! McCartney getting punk with a crunchy bass line is there! It's all there and it's bloody revelatory.

Most Stones' albums age well. In fact it's fair to say that most of them should be aged for a bit. Listen to Voodoo Lounge today and you realize how much better it was than upon your first listen. Maybe that will happen with Hackney Diamonds as well, but I'll be damned if I can see how it could get much better?

Bless Andrew Watt. A three week concentrated crunch fest in the studio has paid off in a big way. I can honestly say that this album captured me from the very first track and the last Stones' album that did that for me was Tattoo You. Given the fact that that 1981 offering was a mishmash of older tunes from the vault and a much longer recording process the comparison with Hackney and Tattoo is almost a moot point.

You have the earth, the sun, moon, and stars, and you still have The Rolling Stones! Who'd have thought we'd still be even discussing the band and the anticipation of yet another massive world tour 60 plus years later! Insane!

Turn this record up loud!

Riffy   

« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2023 at 12:06am by Riffhard »  

...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&"When all government...in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided...” Thomas Jefferson&&&&"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases." — Thomas Jefferson&&&&&&&&We're not old men.We don't bother about petty morals--Keef&&&&Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth. &&-- George Burns&&&&&&I ain't no leftist!-Bob Dylan&&&&"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #15 - Oct 21st, 2023 at 4:08am
FPM wrote on Oct 20th, 2023 at 10:56pm:
The new album is better than Some Girls. Fight me.

Not trying to fight you on this, I totally respect your opinion and actually wanna add up on this with my own metrics of measuring how much I'm enjoying a Stones record...

I was thinking about this last night because I STILL cannot name just a single favourite on HD since they all are very unique and all have something special and there are great parts on each of them, so it'a hard to pick faves

So I was thinking, let'a check how many songs on the other albums I usually genuinely love and actively enjoy listening to without skipping them (seeing that on HD  only Mess It Up gives me the urge to skip it)

Well...I love more songs on HD than on any album that came out after Some Girls...and even before some Girls, there even are only 3 albums (of course the great 3, Let it Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile) of which I love every single song so much that I'd never skip it because I'm annoyed by it for some reason...

I guess that says a lot about Hackney Diamonds, at least for my own personal metric of measuring how good a record is

IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

Reply #16 - Oct 21st, 2023 at 8:06am
I'm looking forward to dusting off my guitar and finding some notes here and there

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #17 - Oct 21st, 2023 at 9:09am
PDog for the Grand-Slamming / Hat Tricking / Slam-Dunking  post!!

Saves me time...I'm listening to this again in real time while I read his posts of each song...

Mess It Up...I actually really like this little pop ditty.
I said this to Gazza the other evening...I can totally see this song being remixed by Beck, Tame Impalas, or similar
and get its plays/downloads numbers UP UP UP UP UUUUHHHHPPPPPP

I love the fact that they included the longer version of SSOH on the album.
I regard this as CYHMK redux, in the similar vein that they kept the impromptu Santanaesque jam at the end and did so again here.

I am so enjoying this album...playing it non-stop...I even left for work early so I could cruise down the country roads,
avoiding the bi-ways and highways, on the way into the office as this provided the soundtrack to my commute.
Now, we wait for the 40th anniversary re-packaged release of UNDERCOVER....lol

Off topic...Speaking of numbers...I just noticed that Paint It Black has now tallied over 1 BILLION hits on Spotify
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2023 at 9:20am by Paranoid Android »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #18 - Oct 21st, 2023 at 11:15am
Got the lentricular cd/blu ray 12' size combo and it really is a thing of beauty

Love the 3-CD style artwork. And whats this, we actually have not only lyrics and credits, but sleevenotes on a Rolling Stones album.  Have they done that since Andrew Oldham's controversial 'Clockwork Orange' inspired rant on their debut LP?

... ... ...
IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

Reply #19 - Oct 21st, 2023 at 5:22pm
I was able to receive my order today. I spun the record.

It is a triumph on every level.

Every fucking track is good.

It's very crankable. The brickwalling isn't bad on the record. The CD is very loud, but I only played Angry on CD.

IP Logged

ThomasOliver
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #20 - Oct 22nd, 2023 at 7:39am
They do a great cover of Rolling Stone Blues.

Makes me wonder why they didn't consider doing this for B&L.

I'm starting to hope they do a B&L2 now. After the next album of new material of course.

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #21 - Oct 22nd, 2023 at 8:33am
https://www.musicweek.com/labels/read/polydor-s-ali-tant-on-the-rolling-stones-i...

I just read this article with someone from the Stones marketing team for HD and they said that there will be several activities to promote the new album between October and December this year, do y'all think there is a chance they might play some actual shows for fans (as opposed to just celebs and record label people) maybe 2 in London and 2 in NYC or LA in November/December?

I mean the guys seem excited and eager to bring these songs on stage, they all looked so happy playing them on Thursday and they seem to have rehearsed quite a bit during the past few weeks, first in London, then in NYC...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #22 - Oct 22nd, 2023 at 10:01am
I posted the interview just above you, mate. LOL  Grin

I think the 'activities' they speak of are something that the record label will be responsible for.

I wouldnt be overconfident about a series of shows. Lots of rehearsal time and work on production for that. Much more than what they did for a 7-song set last week.

It would certainly keep the interest going though if they announced 2024 tour dates in the next few weeks.  I wouldnt expect that tour to happen within the next 6 months, so without public appearances, that a long time to try and sustain the impetus.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #23 - Oct 22nd, 2023 at 10:04am
FPM wrote on Oct 20th, 2023 at 10:56pm:
I just got done listening to the album with RO legend Sir Stonesalot.

That's another madman who needs to come back. Cool

... ... ...
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #24 - Oct 22nd, 2023 at 10:45am
Fantastic album. Stunning every song! Get Close will attract a lot of attention and new fans! But where is Elton John? Sitting on the floor humming?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 12
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)