Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
The Stones in New York next week - TV interviews Sunday, Wednesday & Friday (Read 7,738 times)
ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Re: The Stones in New York next week - TV interviews Sunday, Wednesday & Friday
Reply #100 - Oct 26th, 2023 at 9:44am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Gazza wrote on Oct 26th, 2023 at 9:30am:
ronnie-woody wrote on Oct 26th, 2023 at 6:25am:
Totally agree, Gaga is as real as you can get, every single interview or so I have ever watched with her, and especially her Netflix docu was very impressive, she doesn't try to make things look nice or pretend for a better image, she was open and incredibly honest there and I really respect her a lot for that

Of course every celeb and their PR team is trying tobpaint a certain public image of them but I don't feel that with Gaga anything seems faked as compared to others

She's cheating on us already. Guested with U2 at The Sphere last night.

Personally, I feel violated now.  Wink

Hahah well, wait for the Stones playing there on tour next year and Gaga guesting then as well, everyone will be stoked I bet :p

IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #101 - Oct 26th, 2023 at 10:59am
Roll Me wrote on Oct 26th, 2023 at 6:04am:
The Wick wrote on Oct 25th, 2023 at 10:10pm:
That was really good and the band sounds great. Matt Clifford adding some really beautiful touches on the piano there. The song is probably one of the best things Mick has ever done.

Have to say though that even though she sings really well and adds something to the song, I can't pretend that I like Lady Gaga. Regardless of how unpopular this opinion may be, there is still something fake about her that I don't like, apart from her voice. She tries too hard on stage. It's a little like Mariah Carey or Christina Aguilera. People can go on for days about the greatness of their voices, but I just can't stand listening to them. I think the huge strength of the song makes up for it here but I just can't pretend that I like her voice. I'd love to hear this with Lisa Fischer.

nothing fake about GAGA..her name is Stephanie but the rest is real.....she actually lives it...and her work especially with lgbtq+ kids and people speaks for itself....she has been a champion...her career has been spectacular and diverse...she can play an instrument, sing, and perform......generational talent that has astonishingly irritated and intimidated Madonna....perhaps its her message you don't like?.

You wot? Why would you assume that just because someone has a different opinion to you that "its her message you don't like?" I don't follow her career or her views on anything really so I don't know about her work with lgbtq+ kids and people. If she is trying to help them deal with bigotry, then I'm on the same page as her and well done to her for using her platform positively and for a cause I believe in. But that doesn't mean I like her songs (the few I have heard) or her voice. Whether she plays no instruments or 100, again makes no difference to me. It's like Eddie Van Halen. People can rave all they want about his skills to me, I just don't like his guitar playing. Madonna is another. Unbearable shite. I see a lot of posing from Lady Gaga or Stephanie or whatever you want to call her, and I don't like her voice. It's about opinions.

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #102 - Oct 26th, 2023 at 3:10pm
GaGa is the real deal. Love, love, love her voice. She did a Stern interview years ago. Had a piano in studio. Brought me to tears. If you don't like her music, please don't equate that to her integrity as a musician or mostly as a human. She loves her fans and has done so much good for the world. Her name alone let's you know how she feels about the queer community. It's from the Queen soon Radio GaGa. As Stones fans we're blessed to have had her show up. I don't know if anyone could've made SSoH sound this good, regardless of vocal talent. She brought emotion that I feel. Hope you do too!

IP Logged

Holden
Rocks Off Regular

Tampa Bay
Reply #103 - Oct 26th, 2023 at 6:52pm

Didn't know he was THAT fluid in French.

mrhipfl  
IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #104 - Oct 27th, 2023 at 12:40am
Holden wrote on Oct 26th, 2023 at 6:52pm:

He has been giving interviews in French since the 70s^^ of course he's fluent in it, he has been living there on and off since the 70s...

(Btw I love to watch interviews in French with Mick, the only time I do understand almost everything cause he is talking slow, unlike actual French people xD)

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #105 - Oct 27th, 2023 at 1:46am
Btw if someone is interested, I have the new digital edition of the German edition of Rolling Stone magazine which features a title story and interview about the Stones and the album, however I don't quite know how to embed pictures here from my phone Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLLING
STONES

A Dutchy in Marseille, France
Reply #106 - Oct 27th, 2023 at 10:16am

already talking about the NEXT album!

Let the Good times Rolling Stones! - Proud member of Rocks off since 2001 ...

IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #107 - Oct 27th, 2023 at 12:34pm

He really gives some great interviews. His bit about rock'n'roll being a physical form which, therefore, lends itself to youth is just great. A book I would love to read is one he writes about music. His understanding of the history of music is fascinating and always insightful.

IP Logged

Yap Yap 999
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #108 - Nov 3rd, 2023 at 11:35am

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #109 - Nov 21st, 2023 at 2:55pm
'Whole Wide World'

Another multi-cam shot of a song from Racket Club has popped up

Many thanks to Justin for the youtube post

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)