Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Tour in 2024 (Read 8,197 times)
ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Tour in 2024
Sep 17th, 2023 at 11:20am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Seeing the people over on IORR fighting over whether there even will be a tour or whether it would be "fair" of the guys to play in more remote locations, I was wondering why we don't have a thread to discuss about the next tour yet (in case we already do please point me to it I didn't see it lol)

Anyway, after hearing and reading the interviews with the guys this past week, there is no doubt for me that they definitely want to tour and are literally planning a tour as we're speaking. I heard from someone in the know that North America next year is on, just as Ronnie said to one of the interviewers after the album presentation.

Ronnie also mentioned they wanna do England, so I'm guessing (I didn't hear any confirmation about this yet) that they're probably still planning this...

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Re: Tour in 2024
Reply #1 - Sep 17th, 2023 at 11:59am
Those maniacs at IORR will argue about anything, even things that they have zero control over and/or any non-issue.
They all know better than anyone as to markets to play in, reasons they do/don't play in certain markets, etc...
things that are all decided by folks that actually are in the know and whose job it is to make these types of decisions...

God forgive you say something that goes against the flow in those chats over there...

As far as I can tell, the Stones NA tours seem to sorta hop scotch from major A markets, to B markets and back again...of course that isnt written in blood anywhere and folks at IORR well,
they seem to ignore that part of it...Jagger, IMO, also has a penchant to do "firsts"...first to play in new venues...first to play in a market...all to add another notch to the logs of RS history and such

This board doesn't really get into these wish lists until at least we "know" there's an upcoming announcement...and then...our peeps in the know will offer insights

I find these types of discussions get boring FAST if we have no actual strong confirmation of a tour (as opposed to a blip or mere mention from an interview).

« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2023 at 12:33pm by Paranoid Android »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #2 - Sep 17th, 2023 at 12:30pm
North America was the planned tour for 2023 so it'll probably be where they play next year. Ronnie confirmed thats the agenda.

They dont 'tour England'. Unless they suddenly start playing arenas, thats not even a proper market. 2022 was UK and a few extra shows on the continent to fill it out. The only reason why a high proportion of those shows were in the UK was because they toured Europe in Sep/Oct 2017 and were unable to fit any UK dates into the schedule due to unavailability of stadiums (plus, probably, our shite weather!)

If they tour in this continent at all, it'll be a European tour.

Maybe with a new release out, they'll tour more than one market in 2024 but people talking about world tours a la Licks, Bigger Bang, etc are kidding themselves.  That era ended in 2007.  They're too old and they only play two shows a week.

I dont think a 'residency' like what U2 are doing next month at the Sphere in Las Vegas is out of the question. Theres scheduled to be a similar venue opening in London in the near future (it was meant to be completed late this year but plans were put on hold)

https://www.building.co.uk/news/gove-steps-in-and-puts-controversial-sphere-musi...

Still think the amount of days off between shows might be an issue for those sort of residencies though.  U2 are playing 17 shows there in the first five weeks after it opens (they come back a month later to play seven more shows in a 16-day period)

It would take the Stones almost twice as long to play that number of gigs.
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2023 at 12:34pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #3 - Sep 17th, 2023 at 12:39pm
Gazza wrote on Sep 17th, 2023 at 12:30pm:
North America was the planned tour for 2023 so it'll probably be where they play next year. Ronnie confirmed thats the agenda.

It was likely pushed back due to Taylor and Beyoncé taking up all major stadiums this summer for 2-3 nights (on weekends) in each market...at least that's what I read in more than one publication...
(HEY IORR...thats common sense there!!!)

Add what Gazza stated above with the Stones typical scheduling trends we've seen since 2013...all makes sense to me.

Hoping for the best for the band and fans who still want to see them.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #4 - Sep 17th, 2023 at 5:29pm
Supposedly initially it was delayed due to Mick needing ankle surgery or something similar

Rescheduling not possible due to non availability of stadia and crew being used by other major performers, such as those above.

... ... ...
IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #5 - Sep 18th, 2023 at 3:10am
I agree that touring only England in regards to European countries doesn't make any sense, however, concerning the new London Sphere venue, there was a tweet a while ago saying the Stones were supposed to open the venue but now it's not fully ready yet...so my best guess concerning this matter would be that maybe by playing England Ronnie might have referred to playing a few days at that Sphere thingy once it's been finished...

Also who says they HAVE to play 15 or 20 shows during a residency? Maybe their London Sphere gigs will be a "mini-reaidency" 3 shows in one week or 5 shows in 2 weeks, that's entirely doable for them...

Plus, I'd like to argue, in terms of residencies, if they start doing that, then maybe they'd be able to play a show every 3 days instead of just every 4 days, considering that there wouldn't be any travelling required and they'd just stay in one place for 2-3 weeks or so, I guess what's most dtraining at their age is travelling around all the time and it's probably more exhausting in the US (as compared to Europe) due to many different time-zones and further distances...so it wouldn't surprise me (and would also be highly appreciated on my part) if they did some kind of mini-residency in NYC, maybe playing 3 shows there within a week, reducing the amount of travelling...and they could fo this in other big cities like LA or so as well, stay for a week, play 3 shows there...but it's just a thought and we'll only know what exactly they are planning once they are announcing it, of course

IP Logged

Goo
Rocks Off Regular

USA
Reply #6 - Sep 19th, 2023 at 1:00pm
No tour just play New York and London

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #7 - Sep 19th, 2023 at 2:57pm
Goo wrote on Sep 19th, 2023 at 1:00pm:
No tour just play New York and London

I will simply assume your omission of Raleigh was a but a simple oversight

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #8 - Sep 19th, 2023 at 6:59pm
Let's see

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #9 - Sep 19th, 2023 at 9:05pm
ronnie-woody wrote on Sep 18th, 2023 at 3:10am:
I agree that touring only England in regards to European countries doesn't make any sense, however, concerning the new London Sphere venue, there was a tweet a while ago saying the Stones were supposed to open the venue but now it's not fully ready yet...so my best guess concerning this matter would be that maybe by playing England Ronnie might have referred to playing a few days at that Sphere thingy once it's been finished...

Also who says they HAVE to play 15 or 20 shows during a residency? Maybe their London Sphere gigs will be a "mini-reaidency" 3 shows in one week or 5 shows in 2 weeks, that's entirely doable for them...

Plus, I'd like to argue, in terms of residencies, if they start doing that, then maybe they'd be able to play a show every 3 days instead of just every 4 days, considering that there wouldn't be any travelling required and they'd just stay in one place for 2-3 weeks or so, I guess what's most dtraining at their age is travelling around all the time and it's probably more exhausting in the US (as compared to Europe) due to many different time-zones and further distances...so it wouldn't surprise me (and would also be highly appreciated on my part) if they did some kind of mini-residency in NYC, maybe playing 3 shows there within a week, reducing the amount of travelling...and they could fo this in other big cities like LA or so as well, stay for a week, play 3 shows there...but it's just a thought and we'll only know what exactly they are planning once they are announcing it, of course

All very good points.

... ... ...
IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #10 - Sep 23rd, 2023 at 11:03pm
Maybe in 2024...a guest appearance by Peter Wolf (finally)?

Still tearin' it up:

For that matter...why can't Wooba-gooba open some shows?  C'mon, Mick - support younger artists.

Memory Motel by Mick-Peter-Keith?
« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2023 at 11:15pm by andrews27 »  

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #11 - Sep 24th, 2023 at 3:32pm
Voodoo Approves! Peter rocks the house anytime

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #12 - Sep 25th, 2023 at 7:19am
Funny...I had actually thought, when I first heard it, that ANGRY had a Peter Wolf vibe to it...maybe a bit like his 80s solo stuff...

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #13 - Sep 26th, 2023 at 10:35pm
andrews27 wrote on Sep 23rd, 2023 at 11:03pm:
Maybe in 2024...a guest appearance by Peter Wolf (finally)?

Still tearin' it up:

For that matter...why can't Wooba-gooba open some shows?  C'mon, Mick - support younger artists.

Memory Motel by Mick-Peter-Keith?

He warmed up for the WHO in Philly in 2019 it was excellent a powerhouse like mick

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #14 - Oct 2nd, 2023 at 6:01pm
Anyone else see this goofy thing about the Angry video having clues to the Hackney Diamonds tour dates on a billboard at the 1:07 mark of the video?

Could be just a stupid thing.

Could be......

IP Logged

FPM
Rocks Off Regular

Right here in the USA
Reply #15 - Oct 2nd, 2023 at 10:42pm
Yes. In July. And already sold out!

...&&&&
IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #16 - Oct 3rd, 2023 at 6:38am
That's just good marketing! 

But it is a bit teasy.

And after 1978, I am very sensitive about July 4th shows.

IP Logged

Roll Me
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #17 - Oct 3rd, 2023 at 8:16am
I can't imagine they won't play some high profile events this fall just to promote the singles...they are both so good...and the buzz around Heaven especially is stellar.

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #18 - Oct 3rd, 2023 at 9:35am
What do you mean by "high profile events" e.g.? I'm still not entirely giving up the hope that they'll randomly announce 2 shows each in NYC and London as a promotion sometime in November...would be incredible (my manager is already sending me emails to remind me that I still have 7.5 unused holidays this year LOL but I really really hope I can use them in case they're doing something in London xD if not, I'll just take some more days off before Christmas xD)

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #19 - Oct 3rd, 2023 at 5:06pm
Lots of rehearsal time needed to play full length shows. Hard to imagine that happening.

I presume Roll Me means a TV appearance or two.

It would be a bit anticlimactic with all the hype of the last month and the next few weeks if they ended up making absolutely no public appearances until next spring.

SNL usually resumes about now doesnt it? I assume thats been delayed due to the writers' strike.
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2023 at 5:09pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #20 - Oct 4th, 2023 at 12:43am
Maybe those rehearsals are happening right about now...in this new video Mick posted yesterday with his harps, he looked like he was in some studio. Also in one of those new interviews with Keith he said he was going to London, so maybe they're all in London again rn, rehearsing for something, whether it be a TV show or something else, who knows^^

IP Logged

christijanus
Rocks Off Regular

Scrap that shit off my
shoes

The Netherlands
Reply #21 - Nov 12th, 2023 at 3:36pm
Today on Love You Live Facebook April 24 till July 17 of 2024
https://www.facebook.com/groups/254054158494008?locale=nl_NL

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #22 - Nov 12th, 2023 at 3:58pm
This is great news from a reliable source. All assumptions pointed to it being in North America and apparently it will be. Now I'm goung to play "Flip the Switch!"

I got my money, my ticket all that shit
I even got myself a little shaving kit
I can't wait
I can't wait to see..... them!

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #23 - Nov 12th, 2023 at 3:59pm
I went through my calendar, marking every 4th day between those dates as a show, leaving a bit over a week off in between and that time frame would mean 20 shows...is this realistic? If the tour starts in late April, I'd think it would end at the end of June, that would be 15-16 dates...at least I thought someone on IORR said the other week that the last show would be on June 30th, but well...it's all just rumours so far...I'd highly apprecciate some dates in May tho, seeing that there are many public holidays there in Germany and I could save me some days off like that when applying for holidays Grin

IP Logged

christijanus
Rocks Off Regular

Scrap that shit off my
shoes

The Netherlands
Reply #24 - Nov 12th, 2023 at 4:54pm
Some cities on Shidoobee:
Houston, New Orleans, Philly, Chicago, Santa Clara
Probably Houston April 24 of 2024 first gig??

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #25 - Nov 13th, 2023 at 11:56am
This thread started in September on the 17th...and it is STILL only on page 1...

The maniacs over at IORR already have 22 pages since September 7...how much info can they have about a tour that hasnt been announced yet... Oh no! not you again

I refuse to get sucked into that dark whirlpool of their's
Call me when theres actual cited info.

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #26 - Nov 13th, 2023 at 1:23pm
Lol page 2 now but yeah...to be fair, there are more people posting on IORR than here, but also more people posting utter crap, or getting distracted from the actual topic and instead of sharing rumours or insider info, they end up speculating whether they might play the same cities as they would have this year and whatever...

I mean who cares, they are gonna play whatever cities they are gonna announce and we have no influence on that, no matter how much we discuss about it...but luckily we don't have to wait much longer since the announcemen will apparently happen in the beginning of next week (it's my bday next Tuesday, a tour annoucement would be a great gift :p )

IP Logged

ThomasOliver
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #27 - Nov 13th, 2023 at 2:09pm
I'm hoping there'll be a uk tour soon afterwards.

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #28 - Nov 13th, 2023 at 2:28pm
ThomasOliver wrote on Nov 13th, 2023 at 2:09pm:

Would be freaking amazing...tbh I would have said, if the US tour was a "normal" tour, about 14-15 shows from late April to late June, then it would totally be doable to play another 10 shows or so in Europe after a few months break in late September to early November...

But as it seems, the tour will run for 20 or so shows until mid-July...so sadly it doesn't seem realistic they'll play in Europe as well next year :/ at least I don't think so, but obviously I hope so...

IP Logged

Neverbeenbutshould21
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #29 - Nov 13th, 2023 at 5:12pm
christijanus wrote on Nov 12th, 2023 at 4:54pm:

Some reports of the tour being everything that was supposed to be this year: The ones mentioned above + the cities that were scheduled in 2020 and didn't make the move to 2021: San Diego, Vancouver, Buffalo, Louisville & Cleveland.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #30 - Nov 13th, 2023 at 7:26pm

Doubt it. The last tour before this one was Europe.

Plus if a North American tour runs into July, that leaves no real time to get access to football stadiums in Europe. 

Other markets would be more likely but no chance of another one right away.  The days of world tours ended in 2007.  Maybe there'll be a few shows somewhere else later in the year where it'll be summertime (Down Under, Latin America etc)
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2023 at 7:31pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #31 - Nov 14th, 2023 at 12:03am
Gazza wrote on Nov 13th, 2023 at 7:26pm:

Plus if a North American tour runs into July, that leaves no real time to get access to football stadiums in Europe. 

Other markets would be more likely but no chance of another one right away.  The days of world tours ended in 2007.  Maybe there'll be a few shows somewhere else later in the year where it'll be summertime (Down Under, Latin America etc)

They played Europe from mid-September til mid-November in 2017, it don't always have to be football stadiums, there are other venues there as well that are suitable...but if the US tour already has 20 stops, another 10-15 stops the same year seems a bit unrealistic, that's the main reason I think they won't play more shows next year but the ones in the US...

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #32 - Nov 16th, 2023 at 9:40am
The Shidoobees posted a poster saying May 23rd Metlife stadium...idk if the poster is legit or fake tho? Well I believe the date cause I am hoping it will be true hahah, I've always wanted to go to NYC and it's right next to it Cheesy hoping to cross the pond for 2.5 weeks in May together with a friend and catch 3-4 shows, depending on when the dates are exactly...

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #33 - Nov 17th, 2023 at 9:39am
Did y'all see the tour page BV posted over on IORR? 2 dates at MetLife Stadium in May, I am SO excited about this!! And hopefully the Foxboro show after that will be in May too, would be freaking perfect for my friend and I who're planning to travel over there in May  Grin

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #34 - Nov 17th, 2023 at 3:27pm
I think it’s fake poster.  It’s got AARP as the sponsor.  😂

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #35 - Nov 17th, 2023 at 3:46pm
Well, now it's safe that it's happening after that teaser the official Stones account posted and basically all those football stadiums reblogged it, Metlife stadium was among them, and BV is basically always right with his rumoured tour dates...so so exciting!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #36 - Nov 18th, 2023 at 6:21pm
It's official
I saw the Stones logo with Miss You above it on a billboard on the side of a bus stop on Piedmont Ave this fine afternoon. It appeared to be an electronic billboard as it was a lawyer next drive-by.
Look for the Stones to do a show at Truist Park.
Come to The Battery.
It's a Baseball park and works with tie-in.
This could be fun.
Hackney Diamonds is very good, very.
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2023 at 6:33pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

ThomasOliver
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #37 - Nov 18th, 2023 at 6:42pm
Announcement on Tuesday if Fb is to be believed.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #38 - Nov 18th, 2023 at 6:50pm
Bring the new stuff to Braves Stadium.
Stones at Truist would bring maximum exposure in Atlanta venue-wise.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #39 - Nov 18th, 2023 at 6:53pm
ronnie-woody wrote on Nov 14th, 2023 at 12:03am:

They played Europe from mid-September til mid-November in 2017, it don't always have to be football stadiums, there are other venues there as well that are suitable...but if the US tour already has 20 stops, another 10-15 stops the same year seems a bit unrealistic, that's the main reason I think they won't play more shows next year but the ones in the US...

Thats correct but the non-football stadium options are very limited - nearly all the shows on that tour were either in fields/parks or in domed stadiums. They also missed out the UK entirely due to the lack of suitable venues. Playing outdoors in northern Europe at that time of the year is pretty much a non starter.

I think you're right that the only shows in 2024 will be in North America.  If they do any others, it'd be a very small amount.

... ... ...
IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #40 - Nov 18th, 2023 at 9:40pm
christijanus wrote on Nov 12th, 2023 at 4:54pm:

See ya’ll in Philly….five years almost to the day as the last one . Maybe north jersey if it’s a  weekend. No more flights

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #41 - Nov 19th, 2023 at 3:59am
Gazza wrote on Nov 18th, 2023 at 6:53pm:
ronnie-woody wrote on Nov 14th, 2023 at 12:03am:

Thats correct but the non-football stadium options are very limited - nearly all the shows on that tour were either in fields/parks or in domed stadiums. They also missed out the UK entirely due to the lack of suitable venues. Playing outdoors in northern Europe at that time of the year is pretty much a non starter.

I think you're right that the only shows in 2024 will be in North America.  If they do any others, it'd be a very small amount.

Tbh they could literally play a mini-residency of 3 shows at a venue like the O2 in London and the same at a similar venue in Paris and make LOADS of European fans very happy with just that, they don't have to travel around 10 European countries and try to find fields to play in lol wonder when they'll understand that this is an option...

But for now, I'm very excited about the US tour...wish we already knew the exact dates for NYC and Foxboro...

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #42 - Nov 19th, 2023 at 5:57am
Which shows are y'all planning to attend? Anyone else travelling over there from Europe? A friend and I wanna go from mid-May to early June and catch the shows that are taking place there...

IP Logged

BillyBoll1
Rocks Off Regular

Liverpool
Reply #43 - Nov 20th, 2023 at 2:02am
Ive always wanted to see them at MSG but I suppose those days are gone now....
The wife has a hankering to go to NY so I have been contemplating a combined trip.
Can anyone advise how easy is it to get to Metlife Stadium from central NY?
Although having said all of that Im not actually sure that I want to see another stadium show....

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #44 - Nov 20th, 2023 at 3:25am
I don't care whether the show is in a stadium or not...if you're in the Pit it's basically the same everywhere...funnily enough, in the smallest venue last year (Berlin Waldbühne) I was farthest away from stage in the Pit as compared to e.g. Paris or Vienna (cause the organisation of the entry in Berlin was total chaos and only Munich was even worse...i'll never understand how the entire world thinks us Germans are so great at planning and organising and being punctual and then the entry at the German shows was literally the worst as compared to the other countries I went to...)

IP Logged

Roll Me
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #45 - Nov 20th, 2023 at 5:54am
Orlando....here I come!!...can't wait...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #46 - Nov 20th, 2023 at 10:19am
ronnie-woody wrote on Nov 20th, 2023 at 3:25am:
I don't care whether the show is in a stadium or not...if you're in the Pit it's basically the same everywhere...funnily enough, in the smallest venue last year (Berlin Waldbühne) I was farthest away from stage in the Pit as compared to e.g. Paris or Vienna (cause the organisation of the entry in Berlin was total chaos and only Munich was even worse...i'll never understand how the entire world thinks us Germans are so great at planning and organising and being punctual and then the entry at the German shows was literally the worst as compared to the other countries I went to...)

Waldbuhne is the best outdoor venue in Europe IMO.  Went to the show there in 2014.  Had zero interest in going to the other fields, stadiums and enormodomes they were playing but wasnt going to miss that one.

That was my 50th Stones show too. Great experience.

... ... ...
IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #47 - Nov 20th, 2023 at 12:01pm
Gazza wrote on Nov 20th, 2023 at 10:19am:
ronnie-woody wrote on Nov 20th, 2023 at 3:25am:

Waldbuhne is the best outdoor venue in Europe IMO.  Went to the show there in 2014.  Had zero interest in going to the other fields, stadiums and enormodomes they were playing but wasnt going to miss that one.

That was my 50th Stones show too. Great experience.

Yes, the venue itself was incredible! Tho I didn't see that much of its magic from the Pit with my eyes glued to the stage lol but...it was still beautiful...only the organisation at the entry sucked so so much...

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #48 - Nov 20th, 2023 at 4:41pm
So...when is there an announcement rumored to be made??
I'm only guessing that it is too late for a "Black Friday" sale date (this Friday for those of you not plagued by this concept)
Though, Black Friday was a HUGE thing in Spain last year.

I assume the same in France, where I'll be on the day.
I hope the wi-fi is updated, whereever I am should it be the "day"!

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #49 - Nov 20th, 2023 at 4:44pm
A Californian radio station tweeted the other day that they are gonna announce it tomorrow at 5am west coast time (2pm in central Europe)

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #50 - Nov 20th, 2023 at 4:52pm
TYVM...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #51 - Nov 20th, 2023 at 6:55pm
ronnie-woody wrote on Nov 20th, 2023 at 4:44pm:
A Californian radio station tweeted the other day that they are gonna announce it tomorrow at 5am west coast time (2pm in central Europe)

yes thats the time I heard too.

8 am ET in North America.

... ... ...
IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #52 - Nov 21st, 2023 at 3:38am
In about 3.5h we'll know, I really hope the dates in May will turn out to be fitting our plans...

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #53 - Nov 21st, 2023 at 4:55am
BV updated the rumoured list with the exact dates for NYC and Foxboro! I really hope there will be a show on the 19th May...it doesn't really make THAT much sense to take a 1 week break after just 5 of 19 shows, does it?

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #54 - Nov 21st, 2023 at 7:05am
Confirmed dates

April 28 - HOUSTON, TX
May 02 - NOLA JAZZ FEST, LA
May 07 - GLENDALE, AZ
May 11 - LAS VEGAS, NV
May 15 - SEATTLE, WA
May 23 - EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ
May 30 - FOXBORO, MA
June 03 - ORLANDO, FL
June 07 - ATLANTA, GA
June 11 - PHILADELPHIA, PA
June 15 - CLEVELAND, OH
June 20 - DENVER, CO
June 27 - CHICAGO, IL
July 05 - VANCOUVER, BC
July 10 - LOS ANGELES, CA
July 17 - SANTA CLARA, CA

Details here for presales

The pre-sale will be live on Wednesday November 29th at 12pm (noon) local time till Thursday November 30th 10pm local time.

General sales begin Friday December 1st
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2023 at 7:13am by Gazza »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #55 - Nov 21st, 2023 at 7:09am
Going by that schedule, subject to demand you can expect a second show in East Rutherford, Chicago and Los Angeles.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #56 - Nov 21st, 2023 at 7:16am
ronnie-woody wrote on Nov 21st, 2023 at 4:55am:
BV updated the rumoured list with the exact dates for NYC and Foxboro! I really hope there will be a show on the 19th May...it doesn't really make THAT much sense to take a 1 week break after just 5 of 19 shows, does it?

Often thats  to do with logistics when they're using two stages that have to criss cross the country.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #57 - Nov 21st, 2023 at 7:22am
Gazza wrote on Nov 21st, 2023 at 7:16am:
Often thats  to do with logistics when they're using two stages that have to criss cross the country.

Correct...one stage is being torn down in one city and the next one is already being erected elsewhere....skipping every other city...wash, rinse, repeat

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #58 - Nov 21st, 2023 at 7:32am
I just saw a Hackney Diamonds tour commercial on the Weather Channel brought to you by AARP Cry

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #59 - Nov 21st, 2023 at 8:17am
A mini video, tour schedule (already posted) and some notes for presale here: https://x.com/RollingStones/status/1726948597885780054?s=20

IP Logged

Goo
Rocks Off Regular

USA
Reply #60 - Nov 21st, 2023 at 8:37am
Stadiums ugh

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #61 - Nov 21st, 2023 at 8:48am
yeah those 2nd shows for NYC, LA and Chicago are gonna be added later apparently, people over on IORR say...I wonder why tf they don't just announce everything at once...when I saw that schedule I wanted to cry cause so many off days around the time I wanna go...not flying 8.5h just to attend 2 shows tbh...

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #62 - Nov 21st, 2023 at 12:25pm
ronnie-woody wrote on Nov 21st, 2023 at 8:48am:
yeah those 2nd shows for NYC, LA and Chicago are gonna be added later apparently, people over on IORR say...I wonder why tf they don't just announce everything at once...when I saw that schedule I wanted to cry cause so many off days around the time I wanna go...not flying 8.5h just to attend 2 shows tbh...

They have to test the demand for tickets. This is typical sales tactics for the promotor.
They have the dates reserved at the venues...and will open it up once ticket sales move towards capacity.
They certainly do not want to play to 2 half filled stadiums, as they may have sold the tarps years ago...lol

I wonder if we can get an AARP member discount like at hotels and airlines????? Cool
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2023 at 12:29pm by Paranoid Android »  

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #63 - Nov 21st, 2023 at 1:04pm
Paranoid Android wrote on Nov 21st, 2023 at 12:25pm:

They have to test the demand for tickets. This is typical sales tactics for the promotor.
They have the dates reserved at the venues...and will open it up once ticket sales move towards capacity.
They certainly do not want to play to 2 half filled stadiums, as they may have sold the tarps years ago...lol

I wonder if we can get an AARP member discount like at hotels and airlines????? Cool

Did they also do it like that in 2021 when playing yhose 2 LA dates back then? I honestly doubt that there would be a lack of demand in NYC, have seen loads of Americans living on the East Coast saying how convenient this is, they can just drive there by car...so I hope they're gonna add that 2nd date soon

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #64 - Nov 21st, 2023 at 1:13pm
Hmm I just answered my own question by looking stuff up...on 22nd July 2021 they announced the dates for the 2021 tour that autumn...there was Nola Jazz Fest on October 13th...apparently this didn't work out then for some reason, so on September 17th, just a bit over a week before the tour started, they announced the final tour dates with an additional date in LA on October 14th...so it doesn't seem like they had this show planned to add in the first place but only added it as a substitution for New Orleans (similar to them adding Berlin for Bern last year)
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2023 at 1:14pm by ronnie-woody »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #65 - Nov 21st, 2023 at 2:29pm
yeah those 2nd shows for NYC, LA and Chicago are gonna be added later apparently, people over on IORR say...
I wonder why tf they don't just announce everything at once
...when I saw that schedule I wanted to cry cause so many off days around the time I wanna go...not flying 8.5h just to attend 2 shows tbh...

In case they dont sell enough tickets for the first one for the promoter to take a risk on a second show. Simple answer and standard practice.

Giving someone a guarantee of about $6 million isnt a risk worth taking if you think you're only going to sell about 20,000 tickets in a stadium that can hold 60,000

... ... ...
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #66 - Nov 21st, 2023 at 4:06pm
There is also a clause in the contract stating that if the stadium is "half empty" (I think less than 60%), the Stones can cancel without paying any penalty.

IP Logged

Goo
Rocks Off Regular

USA
Reply #67 - Nov 21st, 2023 at 6:07pm
Brought to you by AARP

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #68 - Nov 21st, 2023 at 6:55pm
They don't do irony, do they?  Grin

Once we see the ticket prices, I'm half expecting a poverty charity to come on board as a co-sponsor!

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #69 - Nov 21st, 2023 at 7:06pm
ronnie-woody wrote on Nov 21st, 2023 at 1:13pm:
Hmm I just answered my own question by looking stuff up...on 22nd July 2021 they announced the dates for the 2021 tour that autumn...there was Nola Jazz Fest on October 13th...apparently this didn't work out then for some reason, so on September 17th, just a bit over a week before the tour started, they announced the final tour dates with an additional date in LA on October 14th...so it doesn't seem like they had this show planned to add in the first place but only added it as a substitution for New Orleans (similar to them adding Berlin for Bern last year)

Jazz Fest was cancelled due to the Covid pandemic, even though the Stones went ahead with their own tour

See the notes in this link
https://rocksoff.org/2021.htm

This will be the Stones third attempt to play JazzFest on their last three American Tours

They were supposed to play it in May 2019 but their tour got postponed while Mick had his heart surgery.  So they played the Superdome in July instead

https://rocksoff.org/2019.htm

... ... ...
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #70 - Nov 21st, 2023 at 8:34pm
ronnie-woody wrote on Nov 21st, 2023 at 1:13pm:
Hmm I just answered my own question by looking stuff up.

AWESOME, INNIT?!
Like an old friend taught me long ago....JFGI FFS!

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #71 - Nov 21st, 2023 at 8:49pm
Really happy for the Houston tour opener!!
MAXMIESTER!!! Thinking of you my friend!!
After the Mexico City debacle, you have now been redeemed (I recall the sad circumstances dude!).
Ain't nuthin' like a home town opener!!

HOUSTON WILL RAWK APRIL 28TH!!!

CHARLIE, CHARLIE, CHARLIE, indeed...PARTY, PARTY, PARTY , Pile high on the platter!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #72 - Nov 22nd, 2023 at 9:05am
jb has booked 2 nights at The Ritz Buckhead with a late checkout on Sunday...

Stones at The Benz again.
« Last Edit: Nov 22nd, 2023 at 9:08am by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #73 - Nov 22nd, 2023 at 10:14am
Paranoid Android wrote on Nov 21st, 2023 at 8:49pm:
After the Mexico City debacle, you have now been redeemed (I recall the sad circumstances dude!).

CHARLIE, CHARLIE, CHARLIE, indeed...PARTY, PARTY, PARTY , Pile high on the platter!

At this moment I think Houston will be my show

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #74 - Nov 22nd, 2023 at 11:28am
They really should play new songs on the tv commercials, not Satisfaction.

IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #75 - Nov 22nd, 2023 at 1:20pm
I'm super pumped for a show. Bring it on!

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

Maxmeister
Rocks Off Regular

Locked, cocked and ready
to rock!

Reply #76 - Nov 22nd, 2023 at 5:21pm
Paranoid Android wrote on Nov 21st, 2023 at 8:49pm:

The new album has me pumped  and is actually getting my mind right to do this gig.
After Charlie passed I said there is no need to see them again. I’ve been lucky enough to see them over 30 times in 17 different cities but one more time at home and tour opener….. Smiley
Smiley Smiley Smiley Wink
Now, if Mick and Keith would sit down and do Rollin’ Stone Blues, that would be worth the price of admission plus my left AND right nut, may be more.

Rick
Rocking to the the Stones since the beginning.

Charlie Charlie Charlie!

Always know if the juice is worth the squeeze.

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #77 - Nov 22nd, 2023 at 10:44pm
Some Guy wrote on Nov 22nd, 2023 at 9:05am:
jb has booked 2 nights at The Ritz Buckhead with a late checkout on Sunday...

Stones at The Benz again.

Jon Bonjovi?

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #78 - Nov 23rd, 2023 at 1:02am
Hotels booked in NYC, Boston-Norwood and Orlando! Cheesy Now trying not to freak out while waiting for the pre-sale xD

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #79 - Nov 23rd, 2023 at 10:52am
AXS have a test page up for the shows, with seating charts and price ranges

https://www.axs.com/jp/artists/104878/rolling-stones-tickets?fbclid=IwAR03BQvD8K...

Using Houston as an example, ticket prices seem to be $69 to $499.

However, based on a dry run I just did there a pair of $499 tickets will cost you almost $1,250 after service charges

I presume also they'll have this dynamic pricing nonsense again, though.

... ... ...
IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #80 - Nov 23rd, 2023 at 12:36pm
those fees and shit are criminal, this should be prohibited wtf is wrong with them...

I wouldn't have dared to buy tickets even if I would have wanted to go to Houston or Chicago because I don't trust this website test...in the end the tickets won't be accepted and you won't get your money back or something...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #81 - Nov 23rd, 2023 at 2:06pm
I think one or two of those shows you could buy tickets but I think thats a glitch. Similar things have happened before and the tickets were cancelled and the purchase refunded. Best wait until they go on sale properly

... ... ...
IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #82 - Nov 23rd, 2023 at 2:35pm
Yeah exactly...I'd be way too chickenshit to buy them tbh cause that's loads of money...and apart from that, I don't even wanna go to Houston or Chicago  Grin

IP Logged

FPM
Rocks Off Regular

Right here in the USA
Reply #83 - Nov 23rd, 2023 at 11:23pm
Are Lucky Dips still a thing?

Does anyone have experience with handicapped facilities at Stones shows?  I'm gonna need a wheelchair this go-round.

...&&&&
IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #84 - Nov 24th, 2023 at 5:00am
For the Sixty tour last year LDs were available, so I guess this year probably too...not during the pre-sale tho, only on the day of the general sale

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #85 - Nov 24th, 2023 at 10:54am
FPM wrote on Nov 23rd, 2023 at 11:23pm:
Are Lucky Dips still a thing?

Does anyone have experience with handicapped facilities at Stones shows?  I'm gonna need a wheelchair this go-round.

Nothing confirmed yet re LD's, but I'd expect that to continue.

If its the same arrangement as before, they'll be available once the public sale opens - but ONLY on the band's official site, not ticketmaster or AXS.

Sorry to read you need wheelchair access, but as far as I'm aware all of these shows have adequate facilities for that. Legally, they'd have to.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Brainbell Jangler
Rocks Off Regular

Portland, OR
Reply #86 - Nov 24th, 2023 at 6:56pm
Howe is it that scalper sites are already advertising tickets before the presale starts?

"The ROLLING STONES are more than just a group--they are a way of life."--Andrew Loog Oldham

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #87 - Nov 24th, 2023 at 7:56pm
Brainbell Jangler wrote on Nov 24th, 2023 at 6:56pm:
Howe is it that scalper sites are already advertising tickets before the presale starts?

Because they dont have tickets

In theory, you or me could start a site advertising tickets that we dont have yet

The buyer panic buys these 'tickets' at an inflated price, scalper/broker then sources the tickets after they go on sale and distributes them. If they can't - then hopefully they'll cancel the transaction and refund your money

If you're buying these tickets, then you're almost certainly not going to know your seat/row number as they havent been bought yet.

Anybody who pays over the odds for what are already expensive tickets for a show in a stadium needs their head examined.
« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2023 at 7:59pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #88 - Nov 24th, 2023 at 8:07pm
Houston for me

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #89 - Nov 26th, 2023 at 5:22am
flights booked to NYC and back from Orlando 2 weeks later Cheesy now we need those concert ticket, which unfortunately is the most nerve-wrecking part (and most expensive xD)

IP Logged

Roll Me
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #90 - Nov 26th, 2023 at 6:43am
Im nervous about the Orlando show also...want to go but don;t wantto get ripped off

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #91 - Nov 26th, 2023 at 6:49am
Roll Me wrote on Nov 26th, 2023 at 6:43am:
Im nervous about the Orlando show also...want to go but don;t wantto get ripped off

Why you think it's gonna be more expensive than others? I'd expect NYC and LA to be more expensive cause they are in bigger cities but idk how it works in the US regarding prices...in Europe it seems to be about richer countries being more expensive (Germany, Austria, UK, Switzerland) as opposed to e.g. Spain, Italy, France fue to higher buying power...but also Sweden was less expensive (even tho a rich country) cause probably not many people there idk

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #92 - Nov 26th, 2023 at 7:42am

I just looked at TM and noticed that for some of the shows they list vip presales now, buf the times are confusing cause if vip presale starts at 10am does it mean that only the AARP members will also be able to buy it first at that time and everyone else only 2h later with the Stones presale code, or will vip presale be available 2h earlier no matter whether you are an AARP member or not? It's so frustrating that there is no proper info or description...my friend totally wants to ger vip and I told her for one show it's gonna be alright but there also is the problem that on AXS it says that apparently you can only order vip packages if you're a US or Canada resident...this is discrimination...
« Last Edit: Nov 26th, 2023 at 7:46am by ronnie-woody »  

IP Logged

Goo
Rocks Off Regular

USA
Reply #93 - Nov 26th, 2023 at 8:29pm
Guess I'm going to NYC (New Jersey)

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #94 - Nov 27th, 2023 at 1:55pm
Lucky Dip Tickets seem to be $79 for a pair, from what I understand

... ... ...
IP Logged

Neverbeenbutshould21
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #95 - Nov 27th, 2023 at 5:50pm
So glad they will be touring after all.

IP Logged

Roll Me
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #96 - Nov 27th, 2023 at 6:03pm
so how do you purchase lucky Dip?

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #97 - Nov 27th, 2023 at 7:05pm
see reply #85 above.

If its the same system as before, ONLY on the band's official page when the public sale starts.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #98 - Nov 28th, 2023 at 7:13am
Fresh back from a family holiday trip!!

Glad to hear there's lucky dips in the rumor mill.
That's my go-to...and I have mostly ended up with PIT on Keefs side.
I do visually miss the large stage/screens and f/x, but it is still fun.
I hope that LDs do come back.

Philly & maybe NJ#1 or #2 for me.
Guessing NJ2 will be the 20th and NOT the 27 which is Memorial Day in the US...
so that d mean double time and a half for employees and union workers...that wont happen, at least I dont think it would.

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #99 - Nov 28th, 2023 at 7:29am
BV seems to have info that NJ2 is the 26th, at least he has listed it as the 26th ...don't think there will be a show on the 19th or 20th cause they might have two 1-week breaks, one after Seattle and before the east coast shows which makes a lot of sense, trying to avoid some jetlag maybe, would be rough for those 80yos playing a show on the west coast and 4 days later on the east coast, then the 2nd break after Denver before the 2 Chicago shows

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #100 - Nov 28th, 2023 at 8:43am
Mick and Keith both are in London these days, probably planning the tour? Or up to something else? Cheesy
(Mick was at a movie screening in London with Jade the other day and a friend just told me he heard from a friend who bumbed into Keith in London the other day^^)

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #101 - Nov 28th, 2023 at 7:22pm
What is there to plan?

the dates are confirmed and they wont be rehearsing for at least another 4 months

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #102 - Nov 28th, 2023 at 7:29pm
ronnie-woody wrote on Nov 28th, 2023 at 7:29am:
BV seems to have info that NJ2 is the 26th, at least he has listed it as the 26th ...don't think there will be a show on the 19th or 20th cause they might have two 1-week breaks, one after Seattle and before the east coast shows which makes a lot of sense, trying to avoid some jetlag maybe, would be rough for those 80yos playing a show on the west coast and 4 days later on the east coast, then the 2nd break after Denver before the 2 Chicago shows

If its two shows in one city, a two day gap is far more likelier than a three day one.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #103 - Nov 28th, 2023 at 8:02pm

I have ZERO information about any second dates...
never claimed any inside intel...mine is just an educated guess for NJ#2

The time difference between DEN and CHI is only 1 hour.
The flight is about 2.5 hours...not much lag there to consider.

I will leave all tour planning and logistics to those maniacs at IORR.... they know the most with zero information, after all.
« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2023 at 8:12pm by Paranoid Android »  

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #104 - Nov 28th, 2023 at 9:33pm
The fan presale for the Stones Tour 2024 Hackney Diamonds commences tomorrow, Wednesday Nov 29, at 12pm local time, through to Thursday Nov 30, at 10pm local time.

The link to access the pre-sale and your code is below.

Code: DIAMONDS

BUY TICKETS

Rolling Stones

Be sure to just input the above code in capitals. Please note the presale will not open until 12pm local time tomorrow for each date. You will not be able to purchase tickets until then.

Should you have any issues when trying to buy tickets please reach out directly to your point of purchase.

For Houston, New Orleans and Chicago shows contact AXS https://zaphod.vvhp.net/v-v/4JQiiQom561080-8ef2a21d0a18fd77080d0ab76f2e29e4

For the Glendale show contact SeatGeek https://zaphod.vvhp.net/v-v/nV7t8smk561081-8ef2a21d0a18fd77080d0ab76f2e29e4

For all other shows contact Ticketmaster https://zaphod.vvhp.net/v-v/evtYyKnI561082-8ef2a21d0a18fd77080d0ab76f2e29e4

Tickets go on general sale Friday Dec 1 at 10am local time at https://zaphod.vvhp.net/v-v/nEiUdWmX561083-8ef2a21d0a18fd77080d0ab76f2e29e4.

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #105 - Nov 28th, 2023 at 11:52pm
Gazza wrote on Nov 28th, 2023 at 7:29pm:

If its two shows in one city, a two day gap is far more likelier than a three day one.

Why did they have 3-4 day gaps then when playing the same city ever sinxe at least 2017? (Nanterre 2017, London 2018, Chicago+NJ 2019, LA 2021) they are literally 80yos and need breaks... someone with info has been saying for months they're playing Chicago on the 30th June and currently they have announced the 27th, so unless something is happening with venue availability, I'm about 98% sure it's gonna be the 26th for NYC

same goes for them having a break after Seattle and one after Denver, not just cause of jetlag but also because they are literally 80 years old...and maybe also because they want some buffer in case they have to reschedule a show again like Amsterdam last year, it only worked so smoothly cause they had an additional free week there

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #106 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 12:00am
Btw getting tickets is freaking me out so much (last year TM UK didn't accept my German address and I had to buy via AXS for HP1) that I ended up dreaming about buying tickets last night  Roll Eyes also I dreamed reading an article that they are gonna stream all their shows as pay per view lol would be so cool if that actually happened Cheesy

I saved my payment method and address on TM US a few days ago and hope everything will go smoothly this time...

The worst thing about my ticket anxiety is that in theory I know better, seeing I bought my Golden Circle ticket for Paris 2 weeks before the show last year (then ended up in Pit thanks to a friend  Cheesy) and for Vienna there were Pit tickets available on the day of the show...I'm still nervous af tho xD
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2023 at 1:30am by ronnie-woody »  

IP Logged

Roll Me
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #107 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 5:18am
im seeing some prices and it looks expensive.....yikes

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #108 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 5:47am
Where are you seeing prices?
Is there any info on Vip packages sold by TM if they also have that dumb and discriminating US/Canadians only restriction like AXS?

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #109 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 7:21am
ronnie-woody wrote on Nov 28th, 2023 at 11:52pm:
and maybe also because they want some buffer in case they have to reschedule a show again like Amsterdam last year, it only worked so smoothly cause they had an additional free week there

Actually, it worked because Amsterdam had open dates during their "break".

The breaks in the US are for the rumored club dates in Raleigh/Durham and Omaha (one on the east coast and one closer to the west).

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #110 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 7:35am
I haven't heard anything of those club dates just of a Spehere gig at thrle end and I HIGHLY doubt they're gonna play an over 2 months long tour consisting of around 20 dates without their usual break(s), this isn't 1972 anymore (even tho admittedly they might be healthier than back then at least regarding to lack of substance abuse nowadays, excluding Keith's obligatory daily joint of course lol xD)

(Side note as far as I remember from some research I did a while ago, I think they even had a 5-6 days break during the 1972 tour altho back then they were playing almost every day, or every 2nd and oftentimes 2 shows a day)
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2023 at 7:44am by ronnie-woody »  

IP Logged

Brainbell Jangler
Rocks Off Regular

Portland, OR
Reply #111 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 9:45am
Forgive my ignorance, but what do these "VIP Packages" include?

"The ROLLING STONES are more than just a group--they are a way of life."--Andrew Loog Oldham

IP Logged

Brainbell Jangler
Rocks Off Regular

Portland, OR
Reply #112 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 9:46am
Never mind; I got it.

IP Logged

scope
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #113 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 10:07am
Got Cleveland!  But where the heck is Chicago?  Are they NOT on Ticketmaster?

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #114 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 10:15am
Chicago AXS I think...apparently you can only buy from the AARP presale if you are American or Canadian

IP Logged

scope
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #115 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 10:18am
Yup, AXS is it. Thanks

IP Logged

Brainbell Jangler
Rocks Off Regular

Portland, OR
Reply #116 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 11:39am
More dumb questions:  What's the difference between Official Platinum and VIP?

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #117 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 12:10pm
Platinum is just TM bullshit yo sell you normal tickets for a higher price, no gimmicks included as opposed to Vip...as a European you cannot even buy vip...doesn't let you check out...

Did anyone manage to get normal pit?? There only seemed to be like 3 available, I only saw one person saying so far they got normal pit...some lucky Americans able to buy vip...

IP Logged

Brainbell Jangler
Rocks Off Regular

Portland, OR
Reply #118 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 12:17pm
Seattle, Floor Section 3, Row 3, Seats 23 and 24; center directly in front of catwalk.

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #119 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 12:47pm
Houston booked. Floor seats next to b stage. Section D.

IP Logged

Brainbell Jangler
Rocks Off Regular

Portland, OR
Reply #120 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 1:37pm
AARP:  Come for the cheap auto insurance, stay for the Stones presale

IP Logged

Brainbell Jangler
Rocks Off Regular

Portland, OR
Reply #121 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 1:41pm
Pdog wrote on Nov 29th, 2023 at 12:47pm:

Is it confirmed that the area at the end of the middle runway is an actual B stage?  Let it be so!

IP Logged

Maxmeister
Rocks Off Regular

Locked, cocked and ready
to rock!

Reply #122 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 1:58pm
Paranoid Android said…

The breaks in the US are for the rumored club dates in Raleigh/Durham and Omaha (one on the east coast and one closer to the west).[/size] [/quote]

Veeerry nice.  Grin Grin I needed that today.

Rick

Charlie Charlie Charlie!

Always know if the juice is worth the squeeze.

IP Logged

Goo
Rocks Off Regular

USA
Reply #123 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 3:13pm
God it's way too expensive, outdoor football stadium shows 80,000 people ughhhh weather needs to be perfect in May.....

IP Logged

Goo
Rocks Off Regular

USA
Reply #124 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 3:18pm
I don't know what to do

IP Logged

Neverbeenbutshould21
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #125 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 3:38pm
So would the rumored club dates turn out to actually be theaters?
DPAC in Durham & Orpheum Theater in Omaha??

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #126 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 3:55pm
I don't think there will be any club dates except for some billionaire to kick off the tour LOL

It seems there almost were no normal pit tickets available...loads of vip...they're probably trying to create the impression that the shows are almost sold out in order to get rid of vip and premium but nobody outside of the US can even buy vip, so if on showdays there is still too much space left in the pits then LD people indeed will get very lucky^^

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #127 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 5:00pm
Never ceases to amaze me the amount of fans who shit the bed and panic buy tickets that are way more pricey (eg VIP packages) than what they planned to spend and in worse locations than they wanted in presales or are under the impression - despite being repeatedly told to the contrary - that all types of tickets will be in even more plentiful supply when they actually go on public sale.  For stadiums.

Surely by now they must have bought concert tickets - never mind Stones tickets -  before?

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #128 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 5:03pm
Brainbell Jangler wrote on Nov 29th, 2023 at 1:41pm:

Is it confirmed that the area at the end of the middle runway is an actual B stage?  Let it be so!

They havent used a b stage since, what, 2007?  Its probably a catwalk

... ... ...
IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #129 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 5:05pm
tbh I think they shot at themselves with that vip only for Americans bullshit cause loads of people want them and can't get them cause they don't have an American address, so what are they gonna do if there are still loads of them left, just turn them into normal tickets or finally allow people to buy them from outside the US?

Didn't buy a single thing today, hoping for tomorrow or Friday...there are loads of tickets left, this isn't like Taylor Swift

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #130 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 5:05pm
The folks running the website for the stadium in Orlando seem to be a little bit behind in the news :

https://www.campingworldstadium.com/events/detail/rolling-stones-2024

ABOUT THE GROUP

The Rolling Stones are a legendary British rock band that formed in London in 1962. The core members of the band include Mick Jagger (vocals), Keith Richards (guitar), Charlie Watts (drums), and Ronnie Wood (guitar).

« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2023 at 5:18pm by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #131 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 5:18pm
Gazza wrote on Nov 29th, 2023 at 5:05pm:
The folks running the website for the stadium in Orlando seem to be a little bit behind in the news :

https://www.campingworldstadium.com/events/detail/rolling-stones-2024

ABOUT THE GROUP

The Rolling Stones are a legendary British rock band that formed in London in 1962. The core members of the band include Mick Jagger (vocals), Keith Richards (guitar), Charlie Watts (drums), and Ronnie Wood (guitar).

Wow!!!! Charlie is alive and well!

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #132 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 5:26pm
ronnie-woody wrote on Nov 29th, 2023 at 5:05pm:
tbh I think they shot at themselves with that vip only for Americans bullshit cause loads of people want them and can't get them cause they don't have an American address, so what are they gonna do if there are still loads of them left, just turn them into normal tickets or finally allow people to buy them from outside the US?

Didn't buy a single thing today, hoping for tomorrow or Friday...there are loads of tickets left, this isn't like Taylor Swift

Any unsold tickets get 'downgraded' as theres a limited supply in each category

A VIP pit ticket is the same as a regular pit ticket, just with (ridiculously) overpriced add-ons. If they dont sell the packages, they'll just sell them as regular pit tickets.

And if pit tickets dont sell, then more of them will be available as Lucky Dips.  Same with all price ranges.

To answer your first question, for every person that wants them but cant get them, there seems to be about 2-3 more who didnt want them but are buying them because they're too dumb to realise its not their only shot at a ticket
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2023 at 5:31pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #133 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 5:32pm
Gazza wrote on Nov 29th, 2023 at 5:26pm:
and if pit tickets dont sell, then more of them will be available as Lucky Dips. 

Do you have any evidence to back that up???
Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

Gazza wrote on Nov 29th, 2023 at 5:03pm:
Its probably a catwalk

It where you get to see Mick duet during GS and solo during MR...pretty much now....
and if you're lucky, you can even catch a glitter cowboy hat that Mick tosses out... Let's go get drunk
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2023 at 5:35pm by Paranoid Android »  

IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

Reply #134 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 6:30pm
I'm in for Philly.

I'm very thankful for the Rolling Stones.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #135 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 6:57pm
Paranoid Android wrote on Nov 29th, 2023 at 5:32pm:
and if pit tickets dont sell, then more of them will be available as Lucky Dips. 

Do you have any evidence to back that up???
Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

Its probably a catwalk

It where you get to see Mick duet during GS and solo during MR...pretty much now....
and if you're lucky, you can even catch a glitter cowboy hat that Mick tosses out... Let's go get drunk

Grin Grin Grin

... ... ...
IP Logged

Brainbell Jangler
Rocks Off Regular

Portland, OR
Reply #136 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 7:02pm
Brainbell Jangler wrote on Nov 29th, 2023 at 1:41pm:

They havent used a b stage since, what, 2007?  Its probably a catwalk

That was my first conclusion; not big enough for a stage.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #137 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 7:11pm
I hope it isnt. That was a cool idea when it started in the 90s but it was long past its sell by date in the end. Especially when they just used it to play warhorses.

The sound was shit and for the people between the two stages it just killed the momentum of the gig for about 15 minutes.

... ... ...
IP Logged

scope
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #138 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 7:35pm
Gazza wrote on Nov 29th, 2023 at 7:11pm:
I hope it isnt. That was a cool idea when it started in the 90s but it was long past its sell by date in the end. Especially when they just used it to play warhorses.

The sound was shit and for the people between the two stages it just killed the momentum of the gig for about 15 minutes.

But if you were at the front corner of the B Stage, in Front of Keith as I once was, it is an experience you will never forget. This was all possible due to a ticket / seat exchange with “Throbby” just before they moved to the B stage at MSG.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #139 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 7:38pm
yes. Indoor shows were a different thing entirely.
Stadiums less so.

Good to see you mate. Hope all good

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #140 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 7:44pm
Doesn't seem to have been mentioned earlier, but as expected, they've now added additional shows in Chicago, Met Life and Los Angeles

https://rollingstones.com/tour/

Met Life Stadium 26th May
Chicago 30th June
Los Angeles 13th July

... ... ...
IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #141 - Nov 30th, 2023 at 1:19am
ronnie-woody wrote on Nov 29th, 2023 at 5:05pm:

Any unsold tickets get 'downgraded' as theres a limited supply in each category

A VIP pit ticket is the same as a regular pit ticket, just with (ridiculously) overpriced add-ons. If they dont sell the packages, they'll just sell them as regular pit tickets.

And if pit tickets dont sell, then more of them will be available as Lucky Dips.  Same with all price ranges.

To answer your first question, for every person that wants them but cant get them, there seems to be about 2-3 more who didnt want them but are buying them because they're too dumb to realise its not their only shot at a ticket

I literally could add 8 vip pit tickets (both sides) into my basket for multiple shows yesterday so it seems not that many people actually are that dumb xD

I got another problem now tho, what do I do if I don't receive texts or emails from TM anymore to verify? I tried to set up another account with my work phone number but it tells me this phone number is already in use wtf? Then I tried to change my email on my first account but it didn't let me...I deleted all the cookies from all the browsers I used...wtf do I do?

Just wait til AXS tomorrow where they don't have that idiotic verificarion method?

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #142 - Nov 30th, 2023 at 5:29am
Is SeatGeek reliable? It seems to be, right, it's the official vendor for the Glendale show as far as I have heard? I won't succumb to using it right now, but using TM seems fucking impossible and if we can't get tickets tomorrow on AXS either...

IP Logged

Roll Me
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #143 - Nov 30th, 2023 at 5:32am
hard pass to see them in orlando....ticket + hotel approaching $1k....not going to do it. Sad, but I needed that reality check.

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #144 - Nov 30th, 2023 at 10:29am
Gazza wrote on Nov 29th, 2023 at 7:38pm:
yes. Indoor shows were a different thing entirely.

Caught a Charlie drumstick by indoor b-stage in 97 in DC...
It is REALLYT different indoors than out.
Its just a bone for the poor folk in the back of the stadium...and not much of one, TBH

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #145 - Nov 30th, 2023 at 10:33am
this is the worst presale ever....they seem to release about 5 pit tickets per venue, all other categories always are available again at one point or the other, I could buy amazing 600$ seats right in front of B stage but no pit...had pit B in my baaket for NJ1 and then it was gone...:/ hope this means they're holding them all back for tomorrow and then it hopefully will be smoother on AXS because they don't have that verification code bullshit like TM...

last year on presale I bought everything I wanted within 20 minutes, now I have kept refreshing pages for 3h yesterday and 1h today with various phones, tables, browsers, my friend doing the same...nothing...

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rhode Island
Reply #146 - Nov 30th, 2023 at 10:34am
Doing LA again and Seattle as well, might try for a last-second cheapie at Foxboro.  Seattle was nicely priced, LA was too darn much (but it is front row--third level), I will not go over $100 for Foxboro--that will be my solo show and I am positive I can get a solo seat for 75-100 in the final couple of days.  I am willing to pay more for the West Coast because I want the security of knowing we've tickets as then proceed to get air fare and lodging!  Foxboro is only an hour up the road for me.  No big deal if I miss it.

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #147 - Nov 30th, 2023 at 1:13pm
lotsajizz wrote on Nov 30th, 2023 at 10:34am:
Doing LA again and Seattle as well, might try for a last-second cheapie at Foxboro.  Seattle was nicely priced, LA was too darn much (but it is front row--third level), I will not go over $100 for Foxboro--that will be my solo show and I am positive I can get a solo seat for 75-100 in the final couple of days.  I am willing to pay more for the West Coast because I want the security of knowing we've tickets as then proceed to get air fare and lodging!  Foxboro is only an hour up the road for me.  No big deal if I miss it.

You wont. Turn up on the day or wait until the day before and you'll get something

Totally agree that if you're doing a few shows and forking out for an airfare and hotels that you dont want any hassles.  But if its an hour away - theres not really any risk.

Its nice to get to a show and sleep in your own bed afterwards. Out of 52 Stones shows, I've literally been able to do that three times.  Grin

... ... ...
IP Logged

exile
Rocks Off Regular

Australia
Reply #148 - Nov 30th, 2023 at 3:54pm
I live in Australia and just bought tickets to Las Vegas show
Cant wait!

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #149 - Nov 30th, 2023 at 4:05pm
It'll be lucky dips or bust for me...
I do enjoy the parties and seeing old friends and faces,
however I can't see myself paying these prices ...even for the world's greatest Rolling Stones cover band.

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rhode Island
Reply #150 - Nov 30th, 2023 at 5:09pm

You wont. Turn up on the day or wait until the day before and you'll get something

Totally agree that if you're doing a few shows and forking out for an airfare and hotels that you dont want any hassles.  But if its an hour away - theres not really any risk.

Its nice to get to a show and sleep in your own bed afterwards. Out of 52 Stones shows, I've literally been able to do that three times.  Grin [/quote]

Word

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

Holden
Rocks Off Regular

Tampa Bay
Reply #151 - Nov 30th, 2023 at 5:28pm
I just bought myself a pit ticket for Orlando Happy

I was about to say fuck it and close the window, but I honestly...I haven't been that good to myself the past few of years... Finally getting my shit together... Have some money saved up... Quit nicotine and and got the upper hand on my drug addiction....I fucking deserve this.

Fuck Yea. Keith side too baby 😎

mrhipfl  
IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

Reply #152 - Nov 30th, 2023 at 6:20pm
Congrats, Holden. You deserve it!

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #153 - Nov 30th, 2023 at 11:37pm
I'm so sorry for the really dumb question but why does TM say general sale is about 9.5h away currently and AXS says it's 10.5h away, for the same show on the east coast that's supposed to start at 10am local time?? That doesn't make any sense

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #154 - Dec 1st, 2023 at 7:15am
ronnie-woody wrote on Nov 30th, 2023 at 11:37pm:
I'm so sorry for the really dumb question but why does TM say general sale is about 9.5h away currently and AXS says it's 10.5h away, for the same show on the east coast that's supposed to start at 10am local time?? That doesn't make any sense

Seeing that no one here works for either TM or AXS, I will try to answer your questions....Which cities specifically are you asking about?

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #155 - Dec 1st, 2023 at 7:18am
Today is T-Day!!

Good Luck to all...may the ticket gods smile upon us all!!

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #156 - Dec 1st, 2023 at 7:27am
Paranoid Android wrote on Dec 1st, 2023 at 7:15am:

Seeing that no one here works for either TM or AXS, I will try to answer your questions....Which cities specifically are you asking about?

Thank you, I was looking at the NJ shows, TM says about 1h30min away:

https://www.ticketmaster.com/rolling-stones-hackney-diamonds-24-east-rutherford-...

While AXS says 2h30min away:

https://www.axs.com/uk/events/519290/rolling-stones-tickets

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #157 - Dec 1st, 2023 at 7:34am
ronnie-woody wrote on Dec 1st, 2023 at 7:27am:

Thank you, I was looking at the NJ shows, TM says about 1h30min away:

https://www.ticketmaster.com/rolling-stones-hackney-diamonds-24-east-rutherford-...

While AXS says 2h30min away:

https://www.axs.com/uk/events/519290/rolling-stones-tickets

Hmmmm, well...that is just plain silly.
I am not even sure why AXS is being used for Met Life...
but apparently they are now on the East Coast as well...

Maybe its a market infringement thing, but that's just a guess.
Sorry bro...I don't have an answer for this...but 10 AM is the launch time.
Use your best judgment is all I can say.
Good Luck!

Maybe those cackling crows on IORR have the answer...they have the answers for everything, after all.

« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2023 at 7:35am by Paranoid Android »  

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #158 - Dec 1st, 2023 at 7:43am
Maybe it's just a bug...I wanted to try on both sites simultaneously anyway but it also would be kinda funny if it only started one hour later because then there wouldn't be so much stress at handling 2 sites for 2 shows each at the same time  Grin also thanks, I really hope to finally get tickets today!

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #159 - Dec 1st, 2023 at 8:52am
Do you think vip packages are gonna sell fast? My friend really wants that SMU package for at least one show and I wouldn't mind either...she got herself an American address to buy it  Cool

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #160 - Dec 1st, 2023 at 9:20am
Pit not available anywhere Sad hope they just act like it's sold out in order to make people panic buy the seats behind...

IP Logged

scope
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #161 - Dec 1st, 2023 at 9:43am
ronnie-woody wrote on Dec 1st, 2023 at 7:43am:
Maybe it's just a bug...I wanted to try on both sites simultaneously anyway but it also would be kinda funny if it only started one hour later because then there wouldn't be so much stress at handling 2 sites for 2 shows each at the same time  Grin also thanks, I really hope to finally get tickets today!

10 am local time for the venue. Chicago is Central time, 1 hour behind NJ, Foxboro

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #162 - Dec 1st, 2023 at 9:44am
AXS is just redirecting to TM... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #163 - Dec 1st, 2023 at 10:29am
On Shidoobee someone posted TM is showing him that it's sold out but more tickets will be back soon LOL if more tickets will be back soon, it's not sold then, plus I literally have Orlando map open rn and plenty of tickets available...TM's shady tricks should be fucking illegal

IP Logged

ThomasOliver
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #164 - Dec 1st, 2023 at 2:13pm

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #165 - Dec 1st, 2023 at 2:36pm
They certainly aren't gonna announce anything for 2025 now, much too far in the future...it's Viagogo, which basically is the Daily Fail of ticket websites lol xD

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #166 - Dec 1st, 2023 at 2:39pm
Maybe they'll do The Sphere for a 2 week run or something sometime
Phish just announced a 4 night run there this spring earlier.

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #167 - Dec 1st, 2023 at 2:45pm
Maybe til 2025 the London sphere will be done and they can open it as someone on Twitter has posted was the plan for this year before plans for building it got postponed  Tongue Tongue

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #168 - Dec 1st, 2023 at 5:35pm
ThomasOliver wrote on Dec 1st, 2023 at 2:13pm:

wouldnt be like a ticket broker to be speculative in order to get you to register your interest.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #169 - Dec 1st, 2023 at 5:38pm
ronnie-woody wrote on Dec 1st, 2023 at 2:45pm:
Maybe til 2025 the London sphere will be done and they can open it as someone on Twitter has posted was the plan for this year before plans for building it got postponed  Tongue Tongue

Not looking good for the forseeable future, if ever

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSG_Sphere_London

... ... ...
IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #170 - Dec 2nd, 2023 at 4:50am
Well, there are enough other venues in London where they can play  Cool

Another dumb question from someone who never had to use the world's shittiest ticketing website before because in Germany we have Eventim and it never sucks so bad and isn't so weird as TM...

But: for how long approx. are they keeping up that annoying bullshit with the queue and having to sign in with that dumb pincode that only will be sent to my email at every 2nd try? I checked other bands that currently have tickets on sale and I don't have to verify anywhere, it's just taking me to the floormap right away...

IP Logged

Roll Me
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #171 - Dec 2nd, 2023 at 6:31am
I nissed the LD in orlando damn it

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #172 - Dec 2nd, 2023 at 11:13am

ronnie-woody wrote on Dec 2nd, 2023 at 4:50am:
But: for how long approx. are they keeping up that annoying bullshit with the queue and having to sign in with that dumb pincode that only will be sent to my email at every 2nd try? I checked other bands that currently have tickets on sale and I don't have to verify anywhere, it's just taking me to the floormap right away...

Seeing that no one here works for either TM or AXS,...

Every pin code I received instantly...I assumed that its the same for all other initial A-Market sales....I only use TM for the Stones or hockey games.
I would think that its in place to reduce broker's abuse of the system at initial sales....but maybe you should ask TM/AXS themselves.

War horses couldn't drag me away
What a post Ronnie!!!!!

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #173 - Dec 2nd, 2023 at 12:51pm
ronnie-woody wrote on Dec 2nd, 2023 at 4:50am:
Well, there are enough other venues in London where they can play  Cool

There are. The 02 is nearby.

And to be honest, there isnt any need for a new venue of that size near where the Olympic Village was and in a part of the city with a housing shortage.

... ... ...
IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #174 - Dec 3rd, 2023 at 9:02am

A friend just sent me this vid, at around 1:30 Ronnie says about touring that America is only the beginning and they're just getting started! That in addition to this article that they are negotiating a show in Austria for next autumn is fucking amazing news  Cool

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #175 - Dec 3rd, 2023 at 9:45am
Dudes are bold

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #176 - Dec 3rd, 2023 at 12:24pm
Does someone maybe know this from buying tickets for prior US tours, does Ticketmaster put their platinum charge only on top of standard admission tickets or also on top of the vip packages? Basically, will you be charged more twice, once for the vip stuff and once for the platinum stuff on top of that? Or are vip tickets excluded from the additional platinum charge?

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #177 - Dec 4th, 2023 at 6:50am
ronnie-woody wrote on Dec 3rd, 2023 at 12:24pm:
Does someone maybe know this from buying tickets for prior US tours, does Ticketmaster put their platinum charge only on top of standard admission tickets or also on top of the vip packages? Basically, will you be charged more twice, once for the vip stuff and once for the platinum stuff on top of that? Or are vip tickets excluded from the additional platinum charge?

There is NO platinum charge.
That is the price of the ticket AT THAT TIME.
It can/will change at any time (up or down).
The platinum pricing has nothing to do with VIP, bonus gifts, etc.
Again, best to ask the kind folks at Ticketmaster for specific policies.

A quick Google search discovered this...

https://ticketmaster-us.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/9782440112017-What-are-Off...

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #178 - Dec 4th, 2023 at 12:09pm
Thanks for the explanation^^

The system is completely fucked...at least they now finally switched off the queue and it's easier to check the maps because you don't have to verify first

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #179 - Dec 4th, 2023 at 7:26pm
ronnie-woody wrote on Dec 4th, 2023 at 12:09pm:
The system is completely fucked...

Its just a newish pricing model....not a big deal.
No different than airlines, hotels, car rentals or even Uber / Lyft do...demand goes up and so do prices.

Wait a few weeks, seats will drop as fewer people log on to the shows.
Just like hotels and airlines that have fire-sales to sell seats/rooms to a market a few days prior.
« Last Edit: Dec 4th, 2023 at 7:28pm by Paranoid Android »  

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #180 - Dec 5th, 2023 at 12:48am
It's still annoying af tho cause in contrast to hotels actually having that issue e.g. during fairs or big events in a city, or just holiday season in beach towns, TM is inflating the prices artificially by willingly holding tickets back from putting them on sale...

Seattle has SMU packages for the pit available rn, hope the other cities will follow soon, we want those for Orlando at least, not really eager to stand outside the venue for hours in that heat...

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #181 - Dec 16th, 2023 at 12:14pm
Does anyone know from previous experiences with TM when they will finally release more tickets/stop to force platinum tickets on us? Everyone on Shidoobee and IORR says we just gotta wait and tickets will appear but...how long does it take approx.?  Embarrassed

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #182 - Dec 16th, 2023 at 1:45pm
Some Guy wrote on Dec 3rd, 2023 at 9:45am:
Dudes are bold

Dudes are bald!

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #183 - Dec 16th, 2023 at 6:59pm
Chanel Haynes seems to be dropping subtle hints on her instagram that she'll be on next year's tour.

Looks like Sasha is out.

Certainly an upgrade, if true, IMO

... ... ...
IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

Reply #184 - Dec 16th, 2023 at 8:13pm
I feel bad for Sasha. She seemed like she really enjoyed her time with the band.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #185 - Dec 17th, 2023 at 10:10am
Might be her own decision. Who knows. I got the feeling her days were numbered when Chanel was happy enough to step in for her on the 2022 Euro tour even though it meant she got fired from her job in the Tina Turner musical.

The Stones are pretty cut-throat as we all know. Even to band members that get replaced, let alone side musicians.
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2023 at 1:14pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #186 - Dec 17th, 2023 at 1:46pm
Smiley

« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2023 at 1:48pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #187 - Dec 18th, 2023 at 2:47pm
ronnie-woody wrote on Dec 16th, 2023 at 12:14pm:
Does anyone know from previous experiences with TM when they will finally release more tickets/stop to force platinum tickets on us? Everyone on Shidoobee and IORR says we just gotta wait and tickets will appear but...how long does it take approx.?  Embarrassed

Well, since you wont accept what they say on Shidoobee or IORR, I'm not sure what answer you will find acceptable for now.

But, yeah, you just have to wait...they are not going to magically stop selling VIP/platinum tkts and all of the sudden thousands of standard tkts appear...
Thats just not a thing....never has been.

The Platinum sales go thru the end...that operates on an algorithm...not by a human who watches every seat.
Unsold VIP tkts tickets will stop about 2 weeks before the show as they need firm numbers for the hotels, the crappy "gifts", shuttle busses  etc.
They then dole out the rest to the Lucky Dippers...
Any leftovers then go up for grabs....about a week before each shows...

I believe all this was already explained a few pages ago when you first asked.

War horses couldn't drag me away War horses couldn't drag me away War horses couldn't drag me away War horses couldn't drag me away War horses couldn't drag me away War horses couldn't drag me away War horses couldn't drag me away War horses couldn't drag me away War horses couldn't drag me away War horses couldn't drag me away

Vivid seats and StubHub are good sources for late sales....I always score great seats for shows and hockey games
from each...usually on day of, you can find below face value after lunch time.
And yes, they are very reputable.
When Buffalo cancelled a few years back...I had my money for my GA ticket refunded to me within 3 days, if I recall.
No questions asked.

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #188 - Dec 19th, 2023 at 6:01am
Thanks a lot for your explanation, Paranoid Android, I apprecciate it...because actually, I cannot post on IORR and I don't post on FB that's why I never actually asked there and only saw people say "just wait" so now at least I understand this a bit better...tho it's interesting to see that they would stop Vip tickets 2 weeks before the show for the reasons you mentioned because last year there were Vip Pit tickets available for Vienna on show day (however, they also completely oversold the entire stadium and it was packed to the brim)

As for buying tickets through re-sellers, I have never tried this and have heard various remarks about it, it's great that everything always worked out for you so far, even with getting a refund for a cancelled show, others however explicitly mentioned that they couldn't get refunds in case of cancellations :/ anyway, I hope that just won't happen but what makes me wonder more is that that NOBODY seems to have seen any pit tickets (normal and SMU vip package) at all so far in general sale (except for Seattle for a few days) but for all other shows there just were a few pit tickets available during presale, however since they don't put everything on sale during presale and almost nobody has bought any pit tickets so far, the pressing overall question remains: where the fuck are they and when will they finally put them on sale, seeing that re-sellers also don't have them cause I didn't see any for direct transfer, they all say they will be delivered 2 days before the show and friends who have bought tickets there before said if they state this this means they don't even have the tickets yet themselves and just try to get them later as well...

It's annoying af but considering that they are trying to force people to buy nosebleed seats for 600 dollars it's obvious why they would hold back the pit tickets, cause even vip costs "only" 800 in comparison... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #189 - Dec 19th, 2023 at 7:21am
ronnie-woody wrote on Dec 19th, 2023 at 6:01am:
however since they don't put everything on sale during presale and almost nobody has bought any pit tickets so far, the pressing overall question remains: where the fuck are they and when will they finally put them on sale,

yesterday after I posted, (I dont know your price point) Vivid Seats had PIT tickets for under $600 USD for Seattle (since you mentioned SEA, I only checked there).You also have to remember, there were about 5 or 6 presales before the general sales went live, and you also have the season ticket holders on top of that as well.
It's not a perfect system, and, yeah, it does suck for many. I wont go to a show unless I get LDs. The price is not worth it to me (ok, maybe a GA tkt but those go faster than most tkts).
Also, my explanation is just conjecture...based on nothing solid other than observations and such. But thats how it all seems to roll. A far as not getting refunds, just read the fine print.
The BUF show was never rescheduled, so I suppose thats the difference between a cancelled and postponed show.

As I said, I use VividSeats and StubHub often. I dont buy tkts in advance anymore for games or any concerts.
Usually on the day of...except small local club shows in my town (that I cant get on the guest list for)thats a must see for me.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)