Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
Tour in 2024 (Read 8,196 times)
Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Re: Tour in 2024
Reply #175 - Dec 3rd, 2023 at 9:45am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Dudes are bold

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #176 - Dec 3rd, 2023 at 12:24pm
Does someone maybe know this from buying tickets for prior US tours, does Ticketmaster put their platinum charge only on top of standard admission tickets or also on top of the vip packages? Basically, will you be charged more twice, once for the vip stuff and once for the platinum stuff on top of that? Or are vip tickets excluded from the additional platinum charge?

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #177 - Dec 4th, 2023 at 6:50am
ronnie-woody wrote on Dec 3rd, 2023 at 12:24pm:
Does someone maybe know this from buying tickets for prior US tours, does Ticketmaster put their platinum charge only on top of standard admission tickets or also on top of the vip packages? Basically, will you be charged more twice, once for the vip stuff and once for the platinum stuff on top of that? Or are vip tickets excluded from the additional platinum charge?

There is NO platinum charge.
That is the price of the ticket AT THAT TIME.
It can/will change at any time (up or down).
The platinum pricing has nothing to do with VIP, bonus gifts, etc.
Again, best to ask the kind folks at Ticketmaster for specific policies.

A quick Google search discovered this...

https://ticketmaster-us.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/9782440112017-What-are-Off...

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #178 - Dec 4th, 2023 at 12:09pm
Thanks for the explanation^^

The system is completely fucked...at least they now finally switched off the queue and it's easier to check the maps because you don't have to verify first

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #179 - Dec 4th, 2023 at 7:26pm
ronnie-woody wrote on Dec 4th, 2023 at 12:09pm:
The system is completely fucked...

Its just a newish pricing model....not a big deal.
No different than airlines, hotels, car rentals or even Uber / Lyft do...demand goes up and so do prices.

Wait a few weeks, seats will drop as fewer people log on to the shows.
Just like hotels and airlines that have fire-sales to sell seats/rooms to a market a few days prior.
« Last Edit: Dec 4th, 2023 at 7:28pm by Paranoid Android »  

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #180 - Dec 5th, 2023 at 12:48am
It's still annoying af tho cause in contrast to hotels actually having that issue e.g. during fairs or big events in a city, or just holiday season in beach towns, TM is inflating the prices artificially by willingly holding tickets back from putting them on sale...

Seattle has SMU packages for the pit available rn, hope the other cities will follow soon, we want those for Orlando at least, not really eager to stand outside the venue for hours in that heat...

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #181 - Dec 16th, 2023 at 12:14pm
Does anyone know from previous experiences with TM when they will finally release more tickets/stop to force platinum tickets on us? Everyone on Shidoobee and IORR says we just gotta wait and tickets will appear but...how long does it take approx.?  Embarrassed

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #182 - Dec 16th, 2023 at 1:45pm
Some Guy wrote on Dec 3rd, 2023 at 9:45am:
Dudes are bold

Dudes are bald!

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #183 - Dec 16th, 2023 at 6:59pm
Chanel Haynes seems to be dropping subtle hints on her instagram that she'll be on next year's tour.

Looks like Sasha is out.

Certainly an upgrade, if true, IMO

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #184 - Dec 16th, 2023 at 8:13pm
I feel bad for Sasha. She seemed like she really enjoyed her time with the band.

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #185 - Dec 17th, 2023 at 10:10am
Might be her own decision. Who knows. I got the feeling her days were numbered when Chanel was happy enough to step in for her on the 2022 Euro tour even though it meant she got fired from her job in the Tina Turner musical.

The Stones are pretty cut-throat as we all know. Even to band members that get replaced, let alone side musicians.
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2023 at 1:14pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #186 - Dec 17th, 2023 at 1:46pm
Smiley

« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2023 at 1:48pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #187 - Dec 18th, 2023 at 2:47pm
ronnie-woody wrote on Dec 16th, 2023 at 12:14pm:
Does anyone know from previous experiences with TM when they will finally release more tickets/stop to force platinum tickets on us? Everyone on Shidoobee and IORR says we just gotta wait and tickets will appear but...how long does it take approx.?  Embarrassed

Well, since you wont accept what they say on Shidoobee or IORR, I'm not sure what answer you will find acceptable for now.

But, yeah, you just have to wait...they are not going to magically stop selling VIP/platinum tkts and all of the sudden thousands of standard tkts appear...
Thats just not a thing....never has been.

The Platinum sales go thru the end...that operates on an algorithm...not by a human who watches every seat.
Unsold VIP tkts tickets will stop about 2 weeks before the show as they need firm numbers for the hotels, the crappy "gifts", shuttle busses  etc.
They then dole out the rest to the Lucky Dippers...
Any leftovers then go up for grabs....about a week before each shows...

I believe all this was already explained a few pages ago when you first asked.

War horses couldn't drag me away War horses couldn't drag me away War horses couldn't drag me away War horses couldn't drag me away War horses couldn't drag me away War horses couldn't drag me away War horses couldn't drag me away War horses couldn't drag me away War horses couldn't drag me away War horses couldn't drag me away

Vivid seats and StubHub are good sources for late sales....I always score great seats for shows and hockey games
from each...usually on day of, you can find below face value after lunch time.
And yes, they are very reputable.
When Buffalo cancelled a few years back...I had my money for my GA ticket refunded to me within 3 days, if I recall.
No questions asked.

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #188 - Dec 19th, 2023 at 6:01am
Thanks a lot for your explanation, Paranoid Android, I apprecciate it...because actually, I cannot post on IORR and I don't post on FB that's why I never actually asked there and only saw people say "just wait" so now at least I understand this a bit better...tho it's interesting to see that they would stop Vip tickets 2 weeks before the show for the reasons you mentioned because last year there were Vip Pit tickets available for Vienna on show day (however, they also completely oversold the entire stadium and it was packed to the brim)

As for buying tickets through re-sellers, I have never tried this and have heard various remarks about it, it's great that everything always worked out for you so far, even with getting a refund for a cancelled show, others however explicitly mentioned that they couldn't get refunds in case of cancellations :/ anyway, I hope that just won't happen but what makes me wonder more is that that NOBODY seems to have seen any pit tickets (normal and SMU vip package) at all so far in general sale (except for Seattle for a few days) but for all other shows there just were a few pit tickets available during presale, however since they don't put everything on sale during presale and almost nobody has bought any pit tickets so far, the pressing overall question remains: where the fuck are they and when will they finally put them on sale, seeing that re-sellers also don't have them cause I didn't see any for direct transfer, they all say they will be delivered 2 days before the show and friends who have bought tickets there before said if they state this this means they don't even have the tickets yet themselves and just try to get them later as well...

It's annoying af but considering that they are trying to force people to buy nosebleed seats for 600 dollars it's obvious why they would hold back the pit tickets, cause even vip costs "only" 800 in comparison... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #189 - Dec 19th, 2023 at 7:21am
ronnie-woody wrote on Dec 19th, 2023 at 6:01am:
however since they don't put everything on sale during presale and almost nobody has bought any pit tickets so far, the pressing overall question remains: where the fuck are they and when will they finally put them on sale,

yesterday after I posted, (I dont know your price point) Vivid Seats had PIT tickets for under $600 USD for Seattle (since you mentioned SEA, I only checked there).You also have to remember, there were about 5 or 6 presales before the general sales went live, and you also have the season ticket holders on top of that as well.
It's not a perfect system, and, yeah, it does suck for many. I wont go to a show unless I get LDs. The price is not worth it to me (ok, maybe a GA tkt but those go faster than most tkts).
Also, my explanation is just conjecture...based on nothing solid other than observations and such. But thats how it all seems to roll. A far as not getting refunds, just read the fine print.
The BUF show was never rescheduled, so I suppose thats the difference between a cancelled and postponed show.

As I said, I use VividSeats and StubHub often. I dont buy tkts in advance anymore for games or any concerts.
Usually on the day of...except small local club shows in my town (that I cant get on the guest list for)thats a must see for me.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)