Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Tour in 2024 (Read 8,198 times)
Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Re: Tour in 2024
Reply #25 - Nov 13th, 2023 at 11:56am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
This thread started in September on the 17th...and it is STILL only on page 1...

The maniacs over at IORR already have 22 pages since September 7...how much info can they have about a tour that hasnt been announced yet... Oh no! not you again

I refuse to get sucked into that dark whirlpool of their's
Call me when theres actual cited info.

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #26 - Nov 13th, 2023 at 1:23pm
Lol page 2 now but yeah...to be fair, there are more people posting on IORR than here, but also more people posting utter crap, or getting distracted from the actual topic and instead of sharing rumours or insider info, they end up speculating whether they might play the same cities as they would have this year and whatever...

I mean who cares, they are gonna play whatever cities they are gonna announce and we have no influence on that, no matter how much we discuss about it...but luckily we don't have to wait much longer since the announcemen will apparently happen in the beginning of next week (it's my bday next Tuesday, a tour annoucement would be a great gift :p )

IP Logged

ThomasOliver
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #27 - Nov 13th, 2023 at 2:09pm
I'm hoping there'll be a uk tour soon afterwards.

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #28 - Nov 13th, 2023 at 2:28pm
ThomasOliver wrote on Nov 13th, 2023 at 2:09pm:

Would be freaking amazing...tbh I would have said, if the US tour was a "normal" tour, about 14-15 shows from late April to late June, then it would totally be doable to play another 10 shows or so in Europe after a few months break in late September to early November...

But as it seems, the tour will run for 20 or so shows until mid-July...so sadly it doesn't seem realistic they'll play in Europe as well next year :/ at least I don't think so, but obviously I hope so...

IP Logged

Neverbeenbutshould21
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #29 - Nov 13th, 2023 at 5:12pm
christijanus wrote on Nov 12th, 2023 at 4:54pm:
Some cities on Shidoobee:
Houston, New Orleans, Philly, Chicago, Santa Clara
Probably Houston April 24 of 2024 first gig??

Some reports of the tour being everything that was supposed to be this year: The ones mentioned above + the cities that were scheduled in 2020 and didn't make the move to 2021: San Diego, Vancouver, Buffalo, Louisville & Cleveland.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #30 - Nov 13th, 2023 at 7:26pm

Doubt it. The last tour before this one was Europe.

Plus if a North American tour runs into July, that leaves no real time to get access to football stadiums in Europe. 

Other markets would be more likely but no chance of another one right away.  The days of world tours ended in 2007.  Maybe there'll be a few shows somewhere else later in the year where it'll be summertime (Down Under, Latin America etc)
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2023 at 7:31pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #31 - Nov 14th, 2023 at 12:03am
Gazza wrote on Nov 13th, 2023 at 7:26pm:

Plus if a North American tour runs into July, that leaves no real time to get access to football stadiums in Europe. 

Other markets would be more likely but no chance of another one right away.  The days of world tours ended in 2007.  Maybe there'll be a few shows somewhere else later in the year where it'll be summertime (Down Under, Latin America etc)

They played Europe from mid-September til mid-November in 2017, it don't always have to be football stadiums, there are other venues there as well that are suitable...but if the US tour already has 20 stops, another 10-15 stops the same year seems a bit unrealistic, that's the main reason I think they won't play more shows next year but the ones in the US...

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #32 - Nov 16th, 2023 at 9:40am
The Shidoobees posted a poster saying May 23rd Metlife stadium...idk if the poster is legit or fake tho? Well I believe the date cause I am hoping it will be true hahah, I've always wanted to go to NYC and it's right next to it Cheesy hoping to cross the pond for 2.5 weeks in May together with a friend and catch 3-4 shows, depending on when the dates are exactly...

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #33 - Nov 17th, 2023 at 9:39am
Did y'all see the tour page BV posted over on IORR? 2 dates at MetLife Stadium in May, I am SO excited about this!! And hopefully the Foxboro show after that will be in May too, would be freaking perfect for my friend and I who're planning to travel over there in May  Grin

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #34 - Nov 17th, 2023 at 3:27pm
I think it’s fake poster.  It’s got AARP as the sponsor.  😂

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #35 - Nov 17th, 2023 at 3:46pm
Well, now it's safe that it's happening after that teaser the official Stones account posted and basically all those football stadiums reblogged it, Metlife stadium was among them, and BV is basically always right with his rumoured tour dates...so so exciting!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #36 - Nov 18th, 2023 at 6:21pm
It's official
I saw the Stones logo with Miss You above it on a billboard on the side of a bus stop on Piedmont Ave this fine afternoon. It appeared to be an electronic billboard as it was a lawyer next drive-by.
Look for the Stones to do a show at Truist Park.
Come to The Battery.
It's a Baseball park and works with tie-in.
This could be fun.
Hackney Diamonds is very good, very.
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2023 at 6:33pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

ThomasOliver
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #37 - Nov 18th, 2023 at 6:42pm
Announcement on Tuesday if Fb is to be believed.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #38 - Nov 18th, 2023 at 6:50pm
Bring the new stuff to Braves Stadium.
Stones at Truist would bring maximum exposure in Atlanta venue-wise.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #39 - Nov 18th, 2023 at 6:53pm
ronnie-woody wrote on Nov 14th, 2023 at 12:03am:

They played Europe from mid-September til mid-November in 2017, it don't always have to be football stadiums, there are other venues there as well that are suitable...but if the US tour already has 20 stops, another 10-15 stops the same year seems a bit unrealistic, that's the main reason I think they won't play more shows next year but the ones in the US...

Thats correct but the non-football stadium options are very limited - nearly all the shows on that tour were either in fields/parks or in domed stadiums. They also missed out the UK entirely due to the lack of suitable venues. Playing outdoors in northern Europe at that time of the year is pretty much a non starter.

I think you're right that the only shows in 2024 will be in North America.  If they do any others, it'd be a very small amount.

... ... ...
IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #40 - Nov 18th, 2023 at 9:40pm
christijanus wrote on Nov 12th, 2023 at 4:54pm:
Some cities on Shidoobee:
Houston, New Orleans, Philly, Chicago, Santa Clara
Probably Houston April 24 of 2024 first gig??

See ya’ll in Philly….five years almost to the day as the last one . Maybe north jersey if it’s a  weekend. No more flights

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #41 - Nov 19th, 2023 at 3:59am
Gazza wrote on Nov 18th, 2023 at 6:53pm:
ronnie-woody wrote on Nov 14th, 2023 at 12:03am:

Thats correct but the non-football stadium options are very limited - nearly all the shows on that tour were either in fields/parks or in domed stadiums. They also missed out the UK entirely due to the lack of suitable venues. Playing outdoors in northern Europe at that time of the year is pretty much a non starter.

I think you're right that the only shows in 2024 will be in North America.  If they do any others, it'd be a very small amount.

Tbh they could literally play a mini-residency of 3 shows at a venue like the O2 in London and the same at a similar venue in Paris and make LOADS of European fans very happy with just that, they don't have to travel around 10 European countries and try to find fields to play in lol wonder when they'll understand that this is an option...

But for now, I'm very excited about the US tour...wish we already knew the exact dates for NYC and Foxboro...

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #42 - Nov 19th, 2023 at 5:57am
Which shows are y'all planning to attend? Anyone else travelling over there from Europe? A friend and I wanna go from mid-May to early June and catch the shows that are taking place there...

IP Logged

BillyBoll1
Rocks Off Regular

Liverpool
Reply #43 - Nov 20th, 2023 at 2:02am
Ive always wanted to see them at MSG but I suppose those days are gone now....
The wife has a hankering to go to NY so I have been contemplating a combined trip.
Can anyone advise how easy is it to get to Metlife Stadium from central NY?
Although having said all of that Im not actually sure that I want to see another stadium show....

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #44 - Nov 20th, 2023 at 3:25am
I don't care whether the show is in a stadium or not...if you're in the Pit it's basically the same everywhere...funnily enough, in the smallest venue last year (Berlin Waldbühne) I was farthest away from stage in the Pit as compared to e.g. Paris or Vienna (cause the organisation of the entry in Berlin was total chaos and only Munich was even worse...i'll never understand how the entire world thinks us Germans are so great at planning and organising and being punctual and then the entry at the German shows was literally the worst as compared to the other countries I went to...)

IP Logged

Roll Me
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #45 - Nov 20th, 2023 at 5:54am
Orlando....here I come!!...can't wait...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #46 - Nov 20th, 2023 at 10:19am
ronnie-woody wrote on Nov 20th, 2023 at 3:25am:
I don't care whether the show is in a stadium or not...if you're in the Pit it's basically the same everywhere...funnily enough, in the smallest venue last year (Berlin Waldbühne) I was farthest away from stage in the Pit as compared to e.g. Paris or Vienna (cause the organisation of the entry in Berlin was total chaos and only Munich was even worse...i'll never understand how the entire world thinks us Germans are so great at planning and organising and being punctual and then the entry at the German shows was literally the worst as compared to the other countries I went to...)

Waldbuhne is the best outdoor venue in Europe IMO.  Went to the show there in 2014.  Had zero interest in going to the other fields, stadiums and enormodomes they were playing but wasnt going to miss that one.

That was my 50th Stones show too. Great experience.

... ... ...
IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #47 - Nov 20th, 2023 at 12:01pm
Gazza wrote on Nov 20th, 2023 at 10:19am:
ronnie-woody wrote on Nov 20th, 2023 at 3:25am:

Waldbuhne is the best outdoor venue in Europe IMO.  Went to the show there in 2014.  Had zero interest in going to the other fields, stadiums and enormodomes they were playing but wasnt going to miss that one.

That was my 50th Stones show too. Great experience.

Yes, the venue itself was incredible! Tho I didn't see that much of its magic from the Pit with my eyes glued to the stage lol but...it was still beautiful...only the organisation at the entry sucked so so much...

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #48 - Nov 20th, 2023 at 4:41pm
So...when is there an announcement rumored to be made??
I'm only guessing that it is too late for a "Black Friday" sale date (this Friday for those of you not plagued by this concept)
Though, Black Friday was a HUGE thing in Spain last year.

I assume the same in France, where I'll be on the day.
I hope the wi-fi is updated, whereever I am should it be the "day"!

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #49 - Nov 20th, 2023 at 4:44pm
A Californian radio station tweeted the other day that they are gonna announce it tomorrow at 5am west coast time (2pm in central Europe)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)