Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Tour in 2024 (Read 7,872 times)
ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Tour in 2024
Sep 17th, 2023 at 11:20am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Seeing the people over on IORR fighting over whether there even will be a tour or whether it would be "fair" of the guys to play in more remote locations, I was wondering why we don't have a thread to discuss about the next tour yet (in case we already do please point me to it I didn't see it lol)

Anyway, after hearing and reading the interviews with the guys this past week, there is no doubt for me that they definitely want to tour and are literally planning a tour as we're speaking. I heard from someone in the know that North America next year is on, just as Ronnie said to one of the interviewers after the album presentation.

Ronnie also mentioned they wanna do England, so I'm guessing (I didn't hear any confirmation about this yet) that they're probably still planning this...

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Re: Tour in 2024
Reply #1 - Sep 17th, 2023 at 11:59am
Those maniacs at IORR will argue about anything, even things that they have zero control over and/or any non-issue.
They all know better than anyone as to markets to play in, reasons they do/don't play in certain markets, etc...
things that are all decided by folks that actually are in the know and whose job it is to make these types of decisions...

God forgive you say something that goes against the flow in those chats over there...

As far as I can tell, the Stones NA tours seem to sorta hop scotch from major A markets, to B markets and back again...of course that isnt written in blood anywhere and folks at IORR well,
they seem to ignore that part of it...Jagger, IMO, also has a penchant to do "firsts"...first to play in new venues...first to play in a market...all to add another notch to the logs of RS history and such

This board doesn't really get into these wish lists until at least we "know" there's an upcoming announcement...and then...our peeps in the know will offer insights

I find these types of discussions get boring FAST if we have no actual strong confirmation of a tour (as opposed to a blip or mere mention from an interview).

« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2023 at 12:33pm by Paranoid Android »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #2 - Sep 17th, 2023 at 12:30pm
North America was the planned tour for 2023 so it'll probably be where they play next year. Ronnie confirmed thats the agenda.

They dont 'tour England'. Unless they suddenly start playing arenas, thats not even a proper market. 2022 was UK and a few extra shows on the continent to fill it out. The only reason why a high proportion of those shows were in the UK was because they toured Europe in Sep/Oct 2017 and were unable to fit any UK dates into the schedule due to unavailability of stadiums (plus, probably, our shite weather!)

If they tour in this continent at all, it'll be a European tour.

Maybe with a new release out, they'll tour more than one market in 2024 but people talking about world tours a la Licks, Bigger Bang, etc are kidding themselves.  That era ended in 2007.  They're too old and they only play two shows a week.

I dont think a 'residency' like what U2 are doing next month at the Sphere in Las Vegas is out of the question. Theres scheduled to be a similar venue opening in London in the near future (it was meant to be completed late this year but plans were put on hold)

https://www.building.co.uk/news/gove-steps-in-and-puts-controversial-sphere-musi...

Still think the amount of days off between shows might be an issue for those sort of residencies though.  U2 are playing 17 shows there in the first five weeks after it opens (they come back a month later to play seven more shows in a 16-day period)

It would take the Stones almost twice as long to play that number of gigs.
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2023 at 12:34pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #3 - Sep 17th, 2023 at 12:39pm
Gazza wrote on Sep 17th, 2023 at 12:30pm:
North America was the planned tour for 2023 so it'll probably be where they play next year. Ronnie confirmed thats the agenda.

It was likely pushed back due to Taylor and Beyoncé taking up all major stadiums this summer for 2-3 nights (on weekends) in each market...at least that's what I read in more than one publication...
(HEY IORR...thats common sense there!!!)

Add what Gazza stated above with the Stones typical scheduling trends we've seen since 2013...all makes sense to me.

Hoping for the best for the band and fans who still want to see them.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #4 - Sep 17th, 2023 at 5:29pm
Supposedly initially it was delayed due to Mick needing ankle surgery or something similar

Rescheduling not possible due to non availability of stadia and crew being used by other major performers, such as those above.

... ... ...
IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #5 - Sep 18th, 2023 at 3:10am
I agree that touring only England in regards to European countries doesn't make any sense, however, concerning the new London Sphere venue, there was a tweet a while ago saying the Stones were supposed to open the venue but now it's not fully ready yet...so my best guess concerning this matter would be that maybe by playing England Ronnie might have referred to playing a few days at that Sphere thingy once it's been finished...

Also who says they HAVE to play 15 or 20 shows during a residency? Maybe their London Sphere gigs will be a "mini-reaidency" 3 shows in one week or 5 shows in 2 weeks, that's entirely doable for them...

Plus, I'd like to argue, in terms of residencies, if they start doing that, then maybe they'd be able to play a show every 3 days instead of just every 4 days, considering that there wouldn't be any travelling required and they'd just stay in one place for 2-3 weeks or so, I guess what's most dtraining at their age is travelling around all the time and it's probably more exhausting in the US (as compared to Europe) due to many different time-zones and further distances...so it wouldn't surprise me (and would also be highly appreciated on my part) if they did some kind of mini-residency in NYC, maybe playing 3 shows there within a week, reducing the amount of travelling...and they could fo this in other big cities like LA or so as well, stay for a week, play 3 shows there...but it's just a thought and we'll only know what exactly they are planning once they are announcing it, of course

IP Logged

Goo
Rocks Off Regular

USA
Reply #6 - Sep 19th, 2023 at 1:00pm
No tour just play New York and London

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #7 - Sep 19th, 2023 at 2:57pm
Goo wrote on Sep 19th, 2023 at 1:00pm:
No tour just play New York and London

I will simply assume your omission of Raleigh was a but a simple oversight

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #8 - Sep 19th, 2023 at 6:59pm
Let's see

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #9 - Sep 19th, 2023 at 9:05pm
ronnie-woody wrote on Sep 18th, 2023 at 3:10am:
I agree that touring only England in regards to European countries doesn't make any sense, however, concerning the new London Sphere venue, there was a tweet a while ago saying the Stones were supposed to open the venue but now it's not fully ready yet...so my best guess concerning this matter would be that maybe by playing England Ronnie might have referred to playing a few days at that Sphere thingy once it's been finished...

Also who says they HAVE to play 15 or 20 shows during a residency? Maybe their London Sphere gigs will be a "mini-reaidency" 3 shows in one week or 5 shows in 2 weeks, that's entirely doable for them...

Plus, I'd like to argue, in terms of residencies, if they start doing that, then maybe they'd be able to play a show every 3 days instead of just every 4 days, considering that there wouldn't be any travelling required and they'd just stay in one place for 2-3 weeks or so, I guess what's most dtraining at their age is travelling around all the time and it's probably more exhausting in the US (as compared to Europe) due to many different time-zones and further distances...so it wouldn't surprise me (and would also be highly appreciated on my part) if they did some kind of mini-residency in NYC, maybe playing 3 shows there within a week, reducing the amount of travelling...and they could fo this in other big cities like LA or so as well, stay for a week, play 3 shows there...but it's just a thought and we'll only know what exactly they are planning once they are announcing it, of course

All very good points.

... ... ...
IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #10 - Sep 23rd, 2023 at 11:03pm
Maybe in 2024...a guest appearance by Peter Wolf (finally)?

Still tearin' it up:

For that matter...why can't Wooba-gooba open some shows?  C'mon, Mick - support younger artists.

Memory Motel by Mick-Peter-Keith?
« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2023 at 11:15pm by andrews27 »  

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #11 - Sep 24th, 2023 at 3:32pm
Voodoo Approves! Peter rocks the house anytime

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #12 - Sep 25th, 2023 at 7:19am
Funny...I had actually thought, when I first heard it, that ANGRY had a Peter Wolf vibe to it...maybe a bit like his 80s solo stuff...

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #13 - Sep 26th, 2023 at 10:35pm
andrews27 wrote on Sep 23rd, 2023 at 11:03pm:
Maybe in 2024...a guest appearance by Peter Wolf (finally)?

Still tearin' it up:

For that matter...why can't Wooba-gooba open some shows?  C'mon, Mick - support younger artists.

Memory Motel by Mick-Peter-Keith?

He warmed up for the WHO in Philly in 2019 it was excellent a powerhouse like mick

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #14 - Oct 2nd, 2023 at 6:01pm
Anyone else see this goofy thing about the Angry video having clues to the Hackney Diamonds tour dates on a billboard at the 1:07 mark of the video?

Could be just a stupid thing.

Could be......

IP Logged

FPM
Rocks Off Regular

Right here in the USA
Reply #15 - Oct 2nd, 2023 at 10:42pm
Yes. In July. And already sold out!

...&&&&
IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #16 - Oct 3rd, 2023 at 6:38am
That's just good marketing! 

But it is a bit teasy.

And after 1978, I am very sensitive about July 4th shows.

IP Logged

Roll Me
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #17 - Oct 3rd, 2023 at 8:16am
I can't imagine they won't play some high profile events this fall just to promote the singles...they are both so good...and the buzz around Heaven especially is stellar.

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #18 - Oct 3rd, 2023 at 9:35am
What do you mean by "high profile events" e.g.? I'm still not entirely giving up the hope that they'll randomly announce 2 shows each in NYC and London as a promotion sometime in November...would be incredible (my manager is already sending me emails to remind me that I still have 7.5 unused holidays this year LOL but I really really hope I can use them in case they're doing something in London xD if not, I'll just take some more days off before Christmas xD)

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #19 - Oct 3rd, 2023 at 5:06pm
Lots of rehearsal time needed to play full length shows. Hard to imagine that happening.

I presume Roll Me means a TV appearance or two.

It would be a bit anticlimactic with all the hype of the last month and the next few weeks if they ended up making absolutely no public appearances until next spring.

SNL usually resumes about now doesnt it? I assume thats been delayed due to the writers' strike.
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2023 at 5:09pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #20 - Oct 4th, 2023 at 12:43am
Maybe those rehearsals are happening right about now...in this new video Mick posted yesterday with his harps, he looked like he was in some studio. Also in one of those new interviews with Keith he said he was going to London, so maybe they're all in London again rn, rehearsing for something, whether it be a TV show or something else, who knows^^

IP Logged

christijanus
Rocks Off Regular

Scrap that shit off my
shoes

The Netherlands
Reply #21 - Nov 12th, 2023 at 3:36pm
Today on Love You Live Facebook April 24 till July 17 of 2024
https://www.facebook.com/groups/254054158494008?locale=nl_NL

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #22 - Nov 12th, 2023 at 3:58pm
This is great news from a reliable source. All assumptions pointed to it being in North America and apparently it will be. Now I'm goung to play "Flip the Switch!"

I got my money, my ticket all that shit
I even got myself a little shaving kit
I can't wait
I can't wait to see..... them!

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #23 - Nov 12th, 2023 at 3:59pm
I went through my calendar, marking every 4th day between those dates as a show, leaving a bit over a week off in between and that time frame would mean 20 shows...is this realistic? If the tour starts in late April, I'd think it would end at the end of June, that would be 15-16 dates...at least I thought someone on IORR said the other week that the last show would be on June 30th, but well...it's all just rumours so far...I'd highly apprecciate some dates in May tho, seeing that there are many public holidays there in Germany and I could save me some days off like that when applying for holidays Grin

IP Logged

christijanus
Rocks Off Regular

Scrap that shit off my
shoes

The Netherlands
Reply #24 - Nov 12th, 2023 at 4:54pm
Some cities on Shidoobee:
Houston, New Orleans, Philly, Chicago, Santa Clara
Probably Houston April 24 of 2024 first gig??

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)