Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 276
Send Topic Print
The nonsense thread - Enter at your own risk! Warning… 100% off topic and full of nonsense inside (Read 901,291 times)
Boomy
Rocks Off Regular

Indiana
Re: Politics thread (ssc!!)
Reply #700 - Dec 6th, 2016 at 11:01pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Tele is back! Tele is back!

Let's meet in Chicago again!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #701 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 8:23am

<  ----------------   " Our Hero !!!!   "    :

« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2016 at 8:42am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #702 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 9:02am
Joey wrote on Dec 7th, 2016 at 8:23am:

Is that a fleur-de-lis on the back of that chair ?  really?

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #703 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 9:03am
Trump picks up 146 votes in the Wisconsin recount.

Thanks Jill Stein, now give back that unspent money.  piss off

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #704 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 9:07am
Edith Grove wrote on Dec 7th, 2016 at 9:02am:
Joey wrote on Dec 7th, 2016 at 8:23am:

Is that a fleur-de-lis on the back of that chair ?  really?

I believe it is Edith !!!!!!!

President Donald J. Trump will be the Greatest President of THESE United States EVER !!!!!!  ..... Better than FDR and Lincoln  ......  Better than Washington and Harry Truman  ....... Bigger than Ronnie Reagan   ......The Whole Bunch of ' em  . 

" Best Trump Yet , Ronnie !!!!   "

" Unbelievable Trump !!!!!   "

Joey Trump ™
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2016 at 2:17pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #705 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 1:28pm
I know a lot of you purported Biblicalists will disagree, but at this point in America and Russia's history, it's hard to dispute that Trump is bigger than J. Christ.  I'm just talking empirically and quantitatively.  Not qualitatively, as it's too early to tell the score there.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #706 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 3:48pm
Remember the one time long ago when Time put a fascist, demagogue on the cover and called him man of the year?
Oh, and They put Hitler on too...

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #707 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 5:00pm
PDog, Hitler is one of the most beloved leaders in German history.  But most of the rest of the world despised him.  So there are significant differences vis a vis the Trump/Christ sitch.

Telecaster will back me up on this.  He knows political stuff.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

leonid
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #708 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 5:49pm

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #709 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 7:59pm
"Tele Panhandling" may win picture of the year.

Thankfully, there are not silly pictures of me floating around the inter web!

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #710 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 8:59pm
sirmoonie wrote on Dec 7th, 2016 at 5:00pm:
PDog, Hitler is one of the most beloved leaders in German history.  But most of the rest of the world despised him.  So there are significant differences vis a vis the Trump/Christ sitch.

Telecaster will back me up on this.  He knows political stuff.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #711 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 9:06pm
Pdog wrote on Dec 7th, 2016 at 3:48pm:
Remember the one time long ago when Time put a fascist, demagogue on the cover and called him man of the year?
Oh, and They put Hitler on too...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #712 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 9:19pm

<  --------------- Some Guy   ?!  .... !!!!!  :

http://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-as-lady-gaga-1481154430

" Trump as Lady Gaga "

" Trump is a political performance artist, challenging what we think is normal.   "

By DANIEL HENNINGER

" It is 12:13 a.m. and the president-elect of the United States, who has just named retired Marine Gen. James Mattis as his Secretary of Defense, is watching “Saturday Night Live.” Alec Baldwin is impersonating him. The president-elect tweets: “Just tried watching Saturday Night Live - unwatchable! Totally biased, not funny and the Baldwin impersonation just can’t get any worse. Sad.”

Twenty minutes later, from the SNL set, Alec Baldwin tweets he’ll stop if the president-elect will release his tax returns.

How is it possible that a man who selects Jim Mattis for Defense on Thursday can be in a tweet smackdown with Alec Baldwin Sunday morning?

The answer is coming into view. Donald Trump is Lady Gaga.

He is a performance artist.

He is challenging what we think is normal—first for a presidential campaign and now for the presidency.

He’s Andy Warhol silk-screening nine Jackie Kennedys. You can’t do that. Oh yes he can. Currently Donald Trump is silk-screening American corporations: Ford, Carrier, Rexnord, Boeing.

Andy Warhol called his studio The Factory. Reince Priebus, Kellyanne Conway and Steve Bannon are now in Donald Trump’s Factory. Like everyone else, they’ve got to figure out what’s coming next.

Lady Gaga once talked about the doubters in an interview: “They would say, ‘This is too racy, too dance-oriented, too underground. It’s not marketable.’ And I would say, ‘My name is Lady Gaga, I’ve been on the music scene for years, and I’m telling you, this is what’s next.’ And look . . . I was right.”

Who does that sound like?

In “The Art of the Deal,” Donald Trump described what he was up to: “I play to people’s fantasies.”

Anti-Trumpers will say: Precisely. We can’t have a performance artist as president of the United States.

That’s irrelevant now.

In four years it may be possible to say that making a performance artist president was a mistake. But that will only be true if he fails. If the Trump method succeeds, even reasonably so, it will be important to understand his art from the start.

So far, the media and the comedians are stuck in pre-Trump consciousness. You’d think the comedians would get it, but getting laughs from left-wing audiences has taken a toll.

Consider two Trump tweet performances:

Jill Stein commences her preposterous recounts and the press analyzes the threat to the Trump electoral-college victory.

Suddenly, the president-elect tweets that “millions” voted illegally for Hillary. The press pivots from Jill Stein to prove, across several days, that the Trump claim is “bogus.”

Like any smart performance artist, he’s made the strait-laced audience part of his act.

One day later, @realDonald Trump tweets: “Nobody should be allowed to burn the American flag - if they do, there must be consequences - perhaps loss of citizenship or year in jail!”

Now he’s the Queen of Hearts. Off with their heads! And like terriers chasing another tossed ball, the media ran down every case on the subject to prove, “court rulings forbid it.”

That is true. The courts forbid it. But if it is important to comprehend a president’s mind and intentions, it will be pointless if the media does nothing more the next four years than consider its job done if it microscopically fact-checks and flyspecks everything Donald Trump tweets.

Donald Trump treats the truth as only one of several props he’s willing to use to achieve an effect. Truth sits on his workbench alongside hyperbole, sentimentality, bluster and just kidding. Use as needed.

Another important distinction: Performers merely entertain. Performance artists challenge, subvert and alter. They may be slightly crazy, but they’re crazy serious, though usually a little unclear about where they’re going.

Donald Trump’s voters believed the country was going in the wrong direction—the most powerful metric in the election. They thought he was the one person who shared their sense of wrong direction. These voters wanted to move from point A (Obama) to point B (post-Obama), and they were willing to see the facts bent if indeed they could arrive at point B, such as an improvement in their economic well-being or escape from the politically correct alt-left.

Treating the presidency as political performance art has multiple liabilities. An initially exciting performance can turn tedious. I’ve talked to Trumpians, die-hards from day one, who think the tweets worked in the campaign but not for the Oval Office. An overworked exclamation point loses its meaning!

Will Donald Trump, like Madonna, be driven to ever more outrageous public performances (“Cancel order!”) to keep the world’s attention trained on his persona? From Beijing to Washington, he’s got the world’s attention.

Some of America’s most charismatic presidents were also public performance artists who challenged and overturned status quos: Abraham Lincoln,Franklin Roosevelt,John Kennedy,Ronald Reagan. All of them knew that a successful American presidency would be measured by a totality greater than their public performances.  "
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2016 at 8:52am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Bluzdude
Rocks Off Regular

I'm here-that's all that
matters. Rocks Off Rules!

Los Angeles
Reply #713 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 9:26pm
sirmoonie wrote on Dec 7th, 2016 at 1:28pm:
I know a lot of you purported Biblicalists will disagree, but at this point in America and Russia's history, it's hard to dispute that Trump is bigger than J. Christ.  I'm just talking empirically and quantitatively.  Not qualitatively, as it's too early to tell the score there.

You are correct!
The Donald is 6'3" (or thereabouts)
and Jesus was about 5'1"

...It's great to be here...It's great to be anywhere!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #714 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 7:07pm

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #715 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 9:56pm
Bluzdude wrote on Dec 7th, 2016 at 9:26pm:
sirmoonie wrote on Dec 7th, 2016 at 1:28pm:

You are correct!
The Donald is 6'3" (or thereabouts)
and Jesus was about 5'1"

« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2016 at 8:30am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #716 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 10:00pm

<  ------------ Some Guy    .... ?!   .... !!!!!!   :

http://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-federalist-revival-1481242938

" Trump’s Federalist Revival  "

" The president-elect’s EPA pick will restore balance to the federal-state relationship. "

By KIMBERLEY A. STRASSEL

" Donald Trump had barely finished announcing his pick to lead the Environmental Protection Agency before the left started listing its million reasons why Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt was the worst nomination in the history of the planet: He’s an untrained anti-environmentalist. He’s a polluter. He’s a fossil-fuel fanatic, a lobbyist-lover, a climate crazy.

Mr. Pruitt is not any of those things. Here’s what he in fact is, and the real reason the left is frustrated: He’s a constitutional scholar, a federalist (and a lawyer). And for those reasons he is a sublime choice to knock down the biggest conceit of the Obama era—arrogant, overweening (and illegal) Washington rule.

We’ve lived so many years under the Obama reign that many Americans forget we are a federal republic, composed of 50 states. There isn’t a major statute on the books that doesn’t recognize this reality and acknowledge that the states are partners with—and often superior to—the federal government. That is absolutely the case with major environmental statues, from the Clean Air Act to the Clean Water Act to the Safe Drinking Water Act.

Competitive Enterprise Institute President and CEO Kent Lassman on Donald Trump’s latest cabinet pick and a broader agenda for regulatory reform. Photo: Bloomberg
Congress specifically understood in crafting each of these laws that one-size-fits all solutions were detrimental to the environment. Federal bodies like the Environmental Protection Agency traditionally and properly existed to set minimum standards, provide technical support, and engage in occasional enforcement. States, with their unique knowledge of local problems, economies and concerns, were free to innovate their own solutions.

But President Obama never held much with laws, because he failed at making them. After his first two years in office, he never could convince the Congress to pass another signature initiative. His response—and the enduring theme of his presidency—was therefore to ignore Congress and statutes, go around the partnership framework, and give his agencies authority to dictate policy from Washington. The states were demoted from partners to indentured servants. So too were any rival federal agencies that got in the EPA’s way. Example: The EPA’s pre-emptive veto of Alaska’s proposed Pebble Mine, in which it usurped Army Corps of Engineers authority.

One revealing illustration from EPA world. Under the Clean Air Act, states are allowed to craft their own implementation plans. If the EPA disapproves of a state plan, it is empowered to impose a federal one—one of the most aggressive actions the agency can take against a state, since it is the equivalent of a seizure of authority. In the entirety of the presidencies of George H.W. Bush,Bill Clinton and George W. Bush, the EPA imposed five federal implementation plans on states. By last count, the Obama administration has imposed at least 56.

Much of Mr. Pruitt’s tenure as Oklahoma’s AG was about trying to stuff federal agencies back into their legal boxes. Most of the press either never understood this, or never wanted to. When the media wrote about state lawsuits against ObamaCare or the Clean Power Plan or the Water of the United States rule, the suggestion usually was that this litigation was ideologically motivated, and a naked attempt to do what a Republican Congress could not—tank the president’s agenda.

The basis of nearly every one of these lawsuits was in fact violations of states' constitutional and statutory rights—and it is why so many of the cases were successful. It was all a valiant attempt to force the federal government to follow the law. And it has been a singular Pruitt pursuit.

Almost immediately after his 2010 election in Oklahoma, the new attorney general set up a “federalism unit” within his department to more effectively combat federal overreach. His expertise in this subject was one reason why, early in the Republican primary, Jeb Bush tapped him for a national role in his campaign, serving as the lead on a “Restoring Federalism Task Force.”

And it is clear that this is the back-to-basics pitch Mr. Pruitt made to Mr. Trump in his interview, and that Mr. Trump absolutely understood the importance. In announcing his nomination, the president-elect took care to note that Mr. Pruitt was an “expert in constitutional law” and that his job would be to restore the “EPA’s essential mission.”

Which is exactly the reform the EPA needs. The agency doesn’t need a technically trained environmentalist at its head, since it is already bubbling over with green regulations. It doesn’t need a climate warrior, as Congress has never passed a climate law, and so the EPA has no mandate to meddle there. What it needs is a lawyer, one with the knowledge of how to cut the agency back to its proper role—restoring not just an appropriate legal partnership with the states, but also with other federal bodies. One who reminds agency staff that the EPA was not created to oppose growth and development.

If Mr. Pruitt does this successfully, and on the way crushes the current president’s legacy, Mr. Obama will have only himself to blame. His abuse of federal power helped elect a new generation of state attorneys general and Washington Republicans passionately devoted to a states’ rights agenda. They’ll be advising Mr. Trump not just on environmental policy, but on health care, labor policy, entitlement reform. Say hello to the federalist revival.  "
« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2016 at 8:17am by Joey »  

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #717 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 10:35am
Where is this going to go with Telecaster back?  He was more the uniter than divider type.  He may push the thread back into a more reasoned, analytical mode, where opinion is backed by fact, rather than hyperbole and buffoonish attempts at rhetorical questions.  He was no retardicalist, like some posters I could mention.

Bangadiddle.  Chackajack, smackjack, chiselwhack.  Where are the anthems of our youth?  Soldier on.  The price of failure is urine.  The price of victory is nothing.  - Obfuscious -

Trump will steamroll anyone in his path.  His twits are ascerbic.  I truly enjoyed watching him end the career of Rafael Cruz, and laugh about it.  It was Caligulaic.

Telecaster needs a dime, brother.  Can anyone moof a dime?

IP Logged

leonid
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #718 - Dec 11th, 2016 at 9:22pm

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #719 - Dec 12th, 2016 at 8:24am

FUNNY !!!!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #720 - Dec 12th, 2016 at 8:26am

IP Logged

Bluzdude
Rocks Off Regular

I'm here-that's all that
matters. Rocks Off Rules!

Los Angeles
Reply #721 - Dec 12th, 2016 at 10:46am
Edith Grove wrote on Dec 12th, 2016 at 8:26am:

He can still do a lot of damage in that time

...It's great to be here...It's great to be anywhere!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #722 - Dec 12th, 2016 at 12:13pm
Boomy wrote on Dec 6th, 2016 at 11:01pm:
Tele is back! Tele is back!

Let's meet in Chicago again!

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #723 - Dec 12th, 2016 at 1:11pm
Silence from the liberals since Telecaster came back, Joey.  They know they are no match for the biting wit, vast knowledge, and insight of "the 'Caster Man."

Together, Trump and Putin are going to clean this lousy country up.  Scrub it clean of the stain of neo-progressive-liberalismness.  We are properly situated on all fours for The New America.  Revamped with proper imagery and calls to arms!

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #724 - Dec 12th, 2016 at 1:18pm
Bluzdude wrote on Dec 12th, 2016 at 10:46am:
Edith Grove wrote on Dec 12th, 2016 at 8:26am:

He can still do a lot of damage in that time

"J" keys will be missing from keyboards everywhere !

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 276
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)