Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"Let it Bleed" with Dwayne Dopsie! JazzFest, New Orleans, La - May 2, 2024 © Chris Granger, The Times-Picayune

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 276
Send Topic Print
The nonsense thread - Enter at your own risk! Warning… 100% off topic and full of nonsense inside (Read 902,715 times)
sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Re: Politics thread (ssc!!)
Reply #575 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 3:21pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #576 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 6:01pm
sirmoonie wrote on Nov 14th, 2016 at 3:21pm:

We ain't taking 4 years of this.

IP Logged

CS
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Hell
Reply #577 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 6:20pm
Paranoid Android?

Nov. 10, 2016, 4:34 p.m.

The Ku Klux Klan says it will hold a Trump victory parade in North Carolina

http://www.trbimg.com/img-582510d9/turbine/la-ku-klux-klan-holds-rally-outside-s...
Ku Klux Klan members give the Nazi salute during a demonstration at the state house building on July 18, 2015, in Columbia, S.C. (John Moore / Getty Images)

One of the largest Ku Klux Klan groups in the country has announced a parade to celebrate President-elect Donald Trump's win.

The Loyal White Knights of Pelham, N.C., says on its website that its parade will take place on Dec. 3.

"TRUMP = TRUMP'S RACE UNITED MY PEOPLE," says the website's front page.

No time or location for the event is listed, and a phone call to the number on its website was not returned.

The group has between 150 and 200 members and is "perhaps the most active Klan group in the United States today," according to the Anti-Defamation League. Last year, it was part of a South Carolina protest against the Confederate flag's removal from the state Capitol.

Several Klan groups endorsed Trump. Well-known former Klan leader David Duke, who on Tuesday lost a Senate bid in Louisiana, was also a vocal supporter.

The Trump campaign was criticized this year for initially refusing to denounce support from the Klan. Later, the campaign described the Klan's efforts as "repulsive."

IP Logged

CS
Rocks Off Regular

Hell
Reply #578 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 6:22pm

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #579 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 7:17pm
Starbuck wrote on Jul 29th, 2016 at 7:31pm:
Look -- the Republican potty?

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #580 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 7:44pm
CS ?

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #581 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 7:56pm

« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2016 at 3:00pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #582 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 8:38pm
Some Guy wrote on Nov 11th, 2016 at 4:56pm:
Reality has not quite set in here.

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #583 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 8:48pm

*************  {   "  I LOVE YOU ALL !!!!!!   "    }   ***************

« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2016 at 4:18pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #584 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 9:02pm
Gump and the Klan

IP Logged

a.completeunknown
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #585 - Nov 15th, 2016 at 4:15pm
Charlie says he has never voted and other interesting tidbits. (None of them go out on a limb here. Didn't want to alienate any fans I suppose.)

(1 minute 30 sec.)

http://news.sky.com/video/no-sympathy-for-the-donald-stones-reaction-10658524
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2016 at 5:47pm by a.completeunknown »  

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #586 - Nov 15th, 2016 at 7:08pm
Please, stop this stupid thread.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #587 - Nov 15th, 2016 at 7:26pm
Ya'll think Trump is an embarrassment ?

Check this out: http://www.nola.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/11/zephyrs_new_name.html#incart_2box_n...

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #588 - Nov 15th, 2016 at 8:56pm
LadyJane wrote on Nov 12th, 2016 at 12:19pm:
Starbuck wrote on Nov 12th, 2016 at 10:52am:
Bitch wrote on Nov 9th, 2016 at 9:13pm:
I voted for Trump so I hope he shakes things up in Washington. Yeah the negative commercials Hillary was airing about Trump actually made me like him more, because I want a President who says "you can tell them to go fvck themselves!" 

Trump will not shake things up in Washington, unless, by shaking things up, you mean a shift far, far to the right of what exists today. Just look at who he has on his team so far. Every single one of them with the exception of Ben Carson is an old white man who has been among the political elite for years. How is this shaking things up?

What about:

Kellyanne Conway, 49 year old white female; has broken a major glass ceiling by being the 1st woman to run a winning US Presidential campaign (Totally ignored by the Leftist media)

Peter Thiel, 49 year old openly GAY white male.

Rep Marsha Blackburn , 64 year old female.

Pam Bondi, 50 year old female; current Attorney General of Florida.

Just sayin......................

LJ, I just read a story on CNN about who Trump is considering putting in his cabinet. There were 42 names mentioned. 39 of them were white, two of the only exceptions being Ben Carson and Bobby Jindal. 35 of the 42 were white men in their 40s to early 70s. In a nation as diverse as ours, howe can anyone think this collection represents the country as a whole?

After you've finished answering this, please let me know how picking a climate change denier to head the EPA is a good thing. Then tell me how Steven Bannon, who has connections to white nationalism, is a good choice to work on the transition team.

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #589 - Nov 15th, 2016 at 9:04pm
Starbuck wrote on Nov 15th, 2016 at 8:56pm:
LadyJane wrote on Nov 12th, 2016 at 12:19pm:
Starbuck wrote on Nov 12th, 2016 at 10:52am:
Bitch wrote on Nov 9th, 2016 at 9:13pm:
I voted for Trump so I hope he shakes things up in Washington. Yeah the negative commercials Hillary was airing about Trump actually made me like him more, because I want a President who says "you can tell them to go fvck themselves!" 

Trump will not shake things up in Washington, unless, by shaking things up, you mean a shift far, far to the right of what exists today. Just look at who he has on his team so far. Every single one of them with the exception of Ben Carson is an old white man who has been among the political elite for years. How is this shaking things up?

What about:

Kellyanne Conway, 49 year old white female; has broken a major glass ceiling by being the 1st woman to run a winning US Presidential campaign (Totally ignored by the Leftist media)

Peter Thiel, 49 year old openly GAY white male.

Rep Marsha Blackburn , 64 year old female.

Pam Bondi, 50 year old female; current Attorney General of Florida.

Just sayin......................

LJ, I just read a story on CNN about who Trump is considering putting in his cabinet. There were 42 names mentioned. 39 of them were white, two of the only exceptions being Ben Carson and Bobby Jindal. 35 of the 42 were white men in their 40s to early 70s. In a nation as diverse as ours, howe can anyone think this collection represents the country as a whole?

After you've finished answering this, please let me know how picking a climate change denier to head the EPA is a good thing. Then tell me how Steven Bannon, who has connections to white nationalism, is a good choice to work on the transition team.

**************   { " SIGH !!!!!   "  }   *************

« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2016 at 8:18am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #590 - Nov 15th, 2016 at 9:11pm

Me Arse !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :

« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2016 at 8:07am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #591 - Nov 15th, 2016 at 9:16pm

« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2016 at 8:08am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #592 - Nov 15th, 2016 at 9:29pm

<  -------------   "  I LOVE YOU ALL !!!!!!    "    :

« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2016 at 8:14am by Joey »  

IP Logged

leonid
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #593 - Nov 16th, 2016 at 2:16am

So long sucker

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #594 - Nov 16th, 2016 at 6:49am
It's over.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #595 - Nov 16th, 2016 at 1:28pm
Not sure of the source, but brilliant letter.....

"Last week a friend claimed that Donald Trump wouldn’t make a good president; he is brash, he is racist, he is a loudmouth; you know the normal things people learn to recite after being programmed by television news. The one I loved was that, “Trump is arrogant.” My friend questioned if one man could make “that much difference in the world today.” To my friend's credit, she was respectful enough to let me respond when she asked, “Really, what has Trump done?”

I said, “In June of last year, Trump entered the race for president. In just a little over a year, Trump has single handedly defeated the Republican party. He did so thoroughly. In fact, he did so in such a resounding way that the Republican Party now suffers from an identity crisis. He literally dismantled the party. Trump even dismantled and dismissed the brand and value of the Bush family.

Trump has Obama petrified that Trump will dismiss programs that weren’t properly installed using proper law.

Trump has single handedly debunked and disemboweled any value of news media as we knew it—news now suffering from an all-time level of distrust and disrespect.

Trump has leaders from all over the world talking about him, whether good or bad. Trust me, powerful men who have been president before weren’t liked by the global community. I doubt Mikhail Gorbachev liked Reagan when Reagan said, "Tear down that wall."

Trump has expressly disclosed the fraud perpetrated on the American public by Hillary Clinton. He has, quite literally, brought Hillary to her knees—if you believe that nervous tension and disorders offer physical side effects and damage.

Trump has unified the silent majority in a way that should be patently frightening to “liberals.”

As the press accuses Trump of being a house of cards, Trump has proven the press is the real house of cards. He has whipped up the entire establishment into pure panic. Trump has exposed them for who they are and worse, what they are. George Clooney was right when he said Trump draws live news coverage of his podium that he’s not yet approached. Thanks, George, you were perfectly correct.

What we see as headline news today are actually the last bubbles from the ship that is now sunk—meaning the standard news media, as a propaganda machine, has been exposed. They have no more value.

In the same way Trump asked the African-American community this question, I asked my friend, ”At this point, what do you have to lose?” We have mass cop shootings, riots in our streets, ambushed cops, double digit inflation, bombs blowing up in our cities, targeted police, #BLM, a skyrocketing jobless rate, no economic growth, privately owned land being seized by the federal government, the worst racial tension in my lifetime, no God in schools, more abortions than ever, illegal aliens pouring into our country, sick veterans receiving no care, and a debt that doubled in seven years to $19 trillion. Are you really happy with the condition of the current system?

One man has done all of this in one year—one guy, and on his own dime. And with everything I’ve written above, you believe Trump hasn't done anything? You claim that you are afraid of Donald Trump? No wonder we’re in trouble. You can say that Trump is a lousy presidential candidate. That’s your right. Just don’t ever say he’s not effective.

That Megan Kelly, FOX News, CNN, MSNBC, Washington Post, Rachel Maddow, the Huffington Post, the New York Times, Raleigh’s News and Observer, the AP, Don Lemon, Jake Tapper, and many more, failed to implement their collectively orchestrated lie on the American people against Trump, is actually a massive testament to Trump. The press colluded pure propaganda to accomplish his demise … and they have collectively failed and miserably.

Here's just one example of how badly America is injured right now. There are high school football players on their knees during the national anthem simply because the press used as propaganda to program those kids to do that very thing. But, these kids are mimicking NFL stars the same way the same kids chooses which brand of football shoe to purchase—they're overtly brain-washed to do that very thing.

Now, we have a generation of children who hate America.

America’s problem isn’t that little children are on their knee in collective disrespect of America. Our problem is that America is on her knee from collective disrespect by Americans.

You can disrespect America all you want. But, it’s high-time you respect the silent majority. Because they’re not simply the “silent majority” as you’ve been trained to believe when Hillary calls them “deplorables.” The fact is, they are simply the majority. And now they're no longer silent either. Donald Trump changed all of that, single-handedly and within one year.'

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #596 - Nov 16th, 2016 at 2:33pm

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #597 - Nov 16th, 2016 at 9:25pm
Joey wrote on Nov 15th, 2016 at 9:16pm:

From L to R: Useless Guinea, President of the USA, Scooter Libby, Clinton, Hit .367 for Cards, Joey, Some Silicon Valley Geek (Large Green - $$$$$$).

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #598 - Nov 16th, 2016 at 9:33pm
Edith Grove wrote on Nov 16th, 2016 at 1:28pm:
Not sure of the source, but brilliant letter.....

“Really, what has Trump done?”

I said, “In June of last year, Trump entered the race for president. In just a little over a year, Trump has single handedly defeated the Republican party. He did so thoroughly. In fact, he did so in such a resounding way that the Republican Party now suffers from an identity crisis. He literally dismantled the party. Trump even dismantled and dismissed the brand and value of the Bush family.

This
.  No matter what you think of him, Don Trump took on the Republican party, a party hijacked many years ago by idiots, hypocrites and pseudo-conservatives (many of them used to post here).  The kind of party that nominates people like George Bush Jr. and Mitt Romney to be president.  The kind of party that lets Dick Cheney and Karl Rove call the shots.  The kind of party that wanted twits like Rubio and Rafael Cruz to be president, and did everything it could to defeat Trump.  Trump took them all on, and their Fox media, and completely steamrolled them.  For that, America is forever grateful.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #599 - Nov 16th, 2016 at 10:09pm

<   ------ Some Guy    .... ?!   ... !!!!!   :

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-new-trump-democrats-1479343424

" The New Trump Democrats   "

" Trump voters have become journalism’s biggest archaeological excavation site.     "

By DANIEL HENNINGER

" Will the donkey lie down with the elephant?

Two days after the election, Sen. Elizabeth Warren told the AFL-CIO executive council, “I will work with” Donald Trump.

Bernie Sanders: “I and other progressives are prepared to work with him.”

The Washington Post: “Pelosi says Democrats are willing to work with Trump.”

That was easy. Someone should tweet the news to the Occupy Trump Tower mobs on Fifth Avenue.

Of course this burst of Trumpian bonhomie comes with the word “if” attached: They’ll work with Donald Trump . . . if he becomes one of them. Which is to say, if he adopts the progressive policies and attitudes that just got the Democratic Party wiped out, from the presidency down to dogcatcher.

“If Republicans want to force through massive tax cuts,” thundered Sen. Warren, “we will fight them every step of the way.”

Even by the normal standards of postelection schadenfreude, it is hard not to be agog at the spectacle of Democrats trying to figure out what hit them and what to do about it.

A personal favorite is that Democrats must now distance themselves from “wealthy donors.” Party check-writers from Barbra Streisand to Jay Z put it all out there for Hillary, and this is the thanks they get—Bernie Sanders denouncing them to Stephen Colbert as “the liberal elite.”

A conclusion has emerged that the party forgot the forgotten man. In the past week, Trump voters have become the biggest archaeological dig in journalism, with the New York Times last weekend outputting three reports on lost tribes in Pennsylvania, Ohio and Michigan.

President Obama paused during his trip to Greece to admit Mr. Trump won because of voter “anxiety” over the economy. That is the emerging Democratic consensus: The party needs to rediscover the economic well-being of the kind of people who voted Democratic from FDR to Bill Clinton. It is a good question how a party could forget an 80-year constituency.

Nancy Pelosi’s leadership of House Democrats is now under challenge, we are supposed to believe, from members who seethed in silence for years as the party became defined by the Streisandian elites on the East and West Coasts.

Ohio’s Rep. Marcy Kaptur and fellow Ohioan Tim Ryan are both considering an attempt to overthrow the party’s most-famous San Francisco Democrat after Thanksgiving.

Will the progressive websites publish their annual advice column, “How to talk to your uncle at Thanksgiving dinner”? Maybe this year they should just listen.

Somewhere inside this Democratic mess may be the beginning of wisdom. But for all the commitment to rediscovering the lives of blue-collar Americans, Tiger Woods is more likely to figure out his golf swing before the party relearns the realities of the American economy.

This generation of Democrats doesn’t even know what the economy is anymore.

For the Democrats, America’s daily life of work, profit and loss across 50 states is essentially an alien phenomenon that sends them revenue, the way a pipeline transmits natural gas. This pipeline fuels their “economy,” which is the thousands and thousands of spending and line items in the $4 trillion federal budget.

Some would call this redistribution. The Democrats would call it their life’s work. Truth is, it isn’t working for them anymore.

There is no possibility that the Democrats are going to gain back enough of these Trump voters unless someone in their party stands up and shouts that these emperors of “economic fairness” aren’t wearing any clothes.

Other than the direct injection of infrastructure spending, you will look in vain through the party’s postmortems for a policy idea that would lift the economic prospects of people in places like Wilkes-Barre, Pa., who went over to Donald Trump.

In 1962 John F. Kennedy, whose campaign pledge was “get America moving again,” proposed a tax cut at the urging of his Republican Treasury Secretary, and Wall Street grandee, Douglas Dillon.

In a speech, Kennedy called for “an across-the-board, top-to-bottom cut in personal and corporate income taxes” to reform a system that “reduces the financial incentives for personal effort, investment, and risk-taking.” The economy grew strongly for years.

We’re there again, in a system that is risk averse and suppresses effort and investment. But the Democrats saying this week that they need to rediscover the economic life of America’s voters would rather drink arsenic than cut taxes on capital, lest some employer on one of the distant stars, say Wisconsin, might, ugh, make more money.

Possibly this assessment of the Democrats’ economic obtuseness is too harsh. If proven wrong, it will be withdrawn.

New Senate minority leader Chuck Schumer has brought West Virginia centrist Joe Manchin onto his leadership team. In 2018, Democrats must defend 10 Senate seats in states Donald Trump won. If I were one of these 10, I’d give the Democrats 2017 to reboot their persona. If not, I’d go over to the other side.   "
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2016 at 8:11am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 276
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)