Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Glenn Frey Dead at 67 (Read 11,993 times)
Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Re: Glenn Frey Dead at 67
Reply #50 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 4:11pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
OMFG !!!!!!! :

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/eagles-members-jackson-browne-uniting-for...

" Eagles Members, Jackson Browne Uniting for Glenn Frey Grammy Tribute

Don Henley, Bernie Leadon, Timothy B. Schmit, Joe Walsh, Browne will pay tribute to singer-guitarist, who died in January "

" Eagles co-founder Bernie Leadon and singer-songwriter Jackson Browne will join members Don Henley, Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmit for a Grammy tribute honoring Glenn Frey, the Eagles singer-guitarist who died January 18th at age 67. As Billboard reports, it's likely the performance will include "Take It Easy," the band's seminal 1972 folk-rock anthem, which Browne co-wrote with Frey.

Browne dedicated a solo version of "Take It Easy" to Frey during a January concert in Florida, reminiscing about the pair's early days as roommates in Los Angeles. "I wrote this song with Glenn Frey," he said from the stage. "It's a song that I started, but I didn't finish it. Even if I had finished it by myself, it wouldn't be the song that it is and it wouldn't be the song that we all love."

Frey died of complications from rheumatoid arthritis, acute ulcerative colitis and pneumonia. His last Eagles performance came July 29th, 2015 in Louisiana.

Leadon – a guitarist and former member of country-rock act the Flying Burrito Brothers – co-formed the Eagles with Frey, drummer Henley and bassist Randy Meisner after uniting as Linda Ronstadt's backing band during a 1971 tour. Leadon left the band in 1975, with Walsh taking over guitar duties. Bassist-singer Schmit, a veteran of country-rock band Poco, joined the Eagles in 1977 after Meisner's departure.

The 2016 Grammy Awards – scheduled for February 15th at the Staples Center in Los Angeles – will also feature performances from Adele, Kendrick Lamar, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, Skrillex, the Weeknd and a David Bowie tribute from Lady Gaga.

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #51 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 8:21pm
Joey wrote on Feb 12th, 2016 at 4:11pm:
OMFG !!!!!!! :

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/eagles-members-jackson-browne-uniting-for...

Don Henley, Bernie Leadon, Timothy B. Schmit, Joe Walsh, Browne will pay tribute to singer-guitarist, who died in January "

" Eagles co-founder Bernie Leadon and singer-songwriter Jackson Browne will join members Don Henley, Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmit for a Grammy tribute honoring Glenn Frey, the Eagles singer-guitarist who died January 18th at age 67. As Billboard reports, it's likely the performance will include "Take It Easy," the band's seminal 1972 folk-rock anthem, which Browne co-wrote with Frey.

Browne dedicated a solo version of "Take It Easy" to Frey during a January concert in Florida, reminiscing about the pair's early days as roommates in Los Angeles. "I wrote this song with Glenn Frey," he said from the stage. "It's a song that I started, but I didn't finish it. Even if I had finished it by myself, it wouldn't be the song that it is and it wouldn't be the song that we all love."

Frey died of complications from rheumatoid arthritis, acute ulcerative colitis and pneumonia. His last Eagles performance came July 29th, 2015 in Louisiana.

Leadon – a guitarist and former member of country-rock act the Flying Burrito Brothers – co-formed the Eagles with Frey, drummer Henley and bassist Randy Meisner after uniting as Linda Ronstadt's backing band during a 1971 tour. Leadon left the band in 1975, with Walsh taking over guitar duties. Bassist-singer Schmit, a veteran of country-rock band Poco, joined the Eagles in 1977 after Meisner's departure.

The 2016 Grammy Awards – scheduled for February 15th at the Staples Center in Los Angeles – will also feature performances from Adele, Kendrick Lamar, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, Skrillex, the Weeknd and a David Bowie tribute from Lady Gaga.

no meisner?

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #52 - Feb 13th, 2016 at 5:46am
mojoman wrote on Feb 12th, 2016 at 8:21pm:
Joey wrote on Feb 12th, 2016 at 4:11pm:
OMFG !!!!!!! :

no meisner?

Meisner's been having troubles lately. From Wikipedia:

In March 2013, Meisner suffered yet another health scare after losing consciousness in his California home. A piece of food obstructed his breathing while he was eating, and he was rushed to the hospital. While doctors were optimistic about his recovery, Meisner spent some time in a coma,[44] and in his weakened state could not accept the invitation to participate in the History of the Eagles tour alongside fellow ex-bandmate Bernie Leadon, who participated on the tour.[45] The incident damaged his vocal cords, leaving him with weakened voice and speech. He later revealed that his former Eagles bandmates had paid the medical bills from the event.[44]

In April 2015, Meisner and his wife denied rumours that she was taking advantage of his known addictions to alcohol and drugs, trying to force-feed him bottles of vodka to keep him drunk, in response to the singer's longtime friend, James Newton, filing papers in April asking that Meisner be placed under a court-supervised conservatorship governing both his personal and financial matters.[46] Despite this, three months later, the Los Angeles County Superior Court appointed a temporary conservator to oversee the 24-hour management of Meisner's drug prescriptions and medical state, after he was diagnosed as bipolar and suicidal. Meisner had allegedly threatened to kill himself, his wife and several others with an AK-47.[47]

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #53 - Feb 13th, 2016 at 10:56am
Drunken ass Eagle shooting off an AK.  Okay, its a start.  Maybe if that pansy ass group had done more of that and less of New Kid In Town, they wouldn't be regarded by real Stones fans as music's biggest ponces.  Maybe.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #54 - Feb 13th, 2016 at 12:04pm
"  ................ Drunken ass Eagle shooting off an AK.  Okay, its a start.  Maybe if that pansy ass group had done more of that and less of New Kid In Town, they wouldn't be regarded by real Stones fans as music's biggest ponces. "

SIGH !!!!!!  :

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #55 - Feb 13th, 2016 at 12:10pm
sirmoonie wrote on Feb 13th, 2016 at 10:56am:
Drunken ass Eagle shooting off an AK.  Okay, its a start.  Maybe if that pansy ass group had done more of that and less of New Kid In Town, they wouldn't be regarded by real Stones fans as music's biggest ponces.  Maybe.

And if you had any talent. Maybe you could actually write a coherent post.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #56 - Feb 13th, 2016 at 2:24pm
Don't you mean coherical post?  Huh, Einsteins?

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #57 - Feb 15th, 2016 at 9:34pm

Emotional !!!!!   : 

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #58 - Feb 16th, 2016 at 10:14am
Joey wrote on Feb 15th, 2016 at 9:34pm:
Emotional !!!!!   : 

It was very nicely done Joey. Much better than the awful Lady Gaga tribute to David Bowie  Puke all over me (wait that is BLEED)

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #59 - Feb 16th, 2016 at 8:58pm

" It was very nicely done Joey. Much better than the awful Lady Gaga tribute to David Bowie  "

Concur S.C.L.

They should make Jackson Browne a permanent member and continue touring .

chttp://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/don-henley-jackson-browne-lead-stirring-...

IP Logged

Kilroy
Rocks Off Regular

I love this place!

Mickville Virginny USA
Reply #60 - Feb 16th, 2016 at 9:31pm
Glen Frey friends
"Jack Mack and the Heart Attacks"

http://content.bitsontherun.com/previews/ddQShWYS-aNrwgbk2
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2016 at 9:36pm by Kilroy »  

The Core Of The Rolling Stones is Charlie Watts Hi-Hat/The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me/And Then We Became Naked/After the Skeet Shoot & Sweet Dreams Mary & #9 11/22/1968 @#500 2/19/2010 @#800 4/09/2011 @#888 10/28/2011 @#1000 2/2/12

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)