Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15
Send Topic Print
Rolling Stones 2014 Tour - Dates & Info (Read 102,483 times)
Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Re: Rolling Stones 2014 Tour - Dates & Info
Reply #150 - Dec 5th, 2013 at 11:58am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
"  BEST STONES YET !!!!!!   "

... !!!!!
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2013 at 1:42pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #151 - Dec 5th, 2013 at 4:39pm
Gazza wrote on Dec 4th, 2013 at 9:44am:
The other dates are likely to be Shanghai on March 12th and Singapore on March 15th, but those are still unconfirmed.

Not sure why there's a big gap between the first and second Tokyo shows. They could conceivably fit two more concerts in there. Strange time in the tour to take a few days off having played just two gigs five days apart.  Maybe a corporate gig somewhere in Japan?

They may be waiting to see Tokyo Dome demand and add another show or 2 if sales warrant. Costs of dragging tarps to Asia could also be in play!

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #152 - Dec 6th, 2013 at 2:09am
gimmekeef wrote on Dec 5th, 2013 at 4:39pm:
Gazza wrote on Dec 4th, 2013 at 9:44am:
The other dates are likely to be Shanghai on March 12th and Singapore on March 15th, but those are still unconfirmed.

Not sure why there's a big gap between the first and second Tokyo shows. They could conceivably fit two more concerts in there. Strange time in the tour to take a few days off having played just two gigs five days apart.  Maybe a corporate gig somewhere in Japan?

They may be waiting to see Tokyo Dome demand and add another show or 2 if sales warrant. Costs of dragging tarps to Asia could also be in play!

They'll go nuclear over the Stones! Stinky post

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #153 - Dec 6th, 2013 at 2:28pm
Stones fans, Are we going to recognize what happened on this date in 69? 12-6?

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #154 - Dec 6th, 2013 at 2:32pm
Joey wrote on Dec 6th, 2013 at 2:30pm:
" Stones fans, Are we going to recognize what happened on this date in 69? 12-6 ? "

<  ------ Pearl Harbour ?!

I've got my Gimme Shelter dvd ready to spin in a few beers from now...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #155 - Jan 16th, 2014 at 3:49pm
Shanghai has now been confirmed for March 12th.

See the stickied thread for info.

Still waiting for confirmation on the Singapore date (supposedly March 15th) and that'll be the tour complete.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #156 - Jan 17th, 2014 at 2:14am
Still waiting for confirmation on the Singapore date (supposedly March 15th) and that'll be the tour complete.

At least for now we hope. Any word on other  US or Euro,dates?

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #157 - Jan 17th, 2014 at 6:35am
Should be a run of European dates in the summer. Probably around the same number as the Aussie/Asian tour.

very strong rumours of them playing the Pinkpop Festival in Holland - which is at the end of May. Whilst the tour that should have happened last autumn would have been all arena dates, what venues Ive heard mentioned for this summer appear to be either stadiums (Barcelona, Milan etc) or festivals (less financial risk for nervous promoters, I suppose).

Have heard nothing to suggest they'll play the US in 2014. South America seems more likely although everything with the Stones these days seems to be on a 'wait and see - one tour leg at a time' basis. As I cant imagine there'd be as much profit in a South American leg as theyre used to, my own personal opinion is that they could throw in a small number of more lucrative US dates to make it worth their while  Stinky post

... ... ...
IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #158 - Jan 17th, 2014 at 7:08am
LOVE THIS!!!!!

« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2014 at 7:09am by LadyJane »  

IP Logged

Maxmeister
Rocks Off Regular

Locked, cocked and ready
to rock!

Reply #159 - Jan 17th, 2014 at 9:27pm
[quote author=7452494952330 link=1384807276/157#157 date=1389962149]Should be a run of European dates in the summer. Probably around the same number as the Aussie/Asian tour.

very strong rumours of them playing the Pinkpop Festival in Holland - which is at the end of May. Whilst the tour that should have happened last autumn would have been all arena dates, what venues Ive heard mentioned for this summer appear to be either stadiums (Barcelona, Milan etc) or festivals (less financial risk for nervous promoters, I suppose).

Timing is everything. I plan on visiting relatives in France mid July. I haven't decided what else to do while I'm in Europe. Hopefully the Stones will make the decision for me.

Ooooh yeah!

Rick

Always know if the juice is worth the squeeze.

IP Logged

corgi37
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Aussie land
Reply #160 - Jan 17th, 2014 at 11:12pm
Doing Sth America surely would seem them return to U.S. to play Coachella for Joey.

I aint no peace freak

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #161 - Jan 18th, 2014 at 11:02am
I just want some good new Stones music that I can sink my teeth into.

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #162 - Jan 18th, 2014 at 11:12am
The whole world gets the Stones except us in the southern USA.........????????????????????

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #163 - Jan 18th, 2014 at 12:17pm
"Timing is everything. I plan on visiting relatives in France mid July. I haven't decided what else to do while I'm in Europe. Hopefully the Stones will make the decision for me.

Ooooh yeah!

Rick"

Good for you Rick. Keeping my fingers crossed you'll get to see a show!!!

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #164 - Jan 26th, 2014 at 5:58pm
Still no word of rehearsals starting - surely this week?

Mick was in Mississippi over the weekend (presumably doing some production on the James Brown movie) and Keith was at Swing 46 Jazz & Supper Club in New York last night, with Jane Rose

Photo by Gabriel Pascal/twitter

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #165 - Jan 26th, 2014 at 6:02pm
gimmekeef wrote on Jan 18th, 2014 at 11:12am:
The whole world gets the Stones except us in the southern USA.........????????????????????

14-15 shows in Europe would be leaving out a sizeable portion of a continent that has a population which exceeds that of the US by about 400 million.

I cant imagine that too many of those shows would be taking place any further east than Germany.

No doubt they'll come back to the US eventually. There are no plans that I'm aware of for this current spell of touring to end.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #166 - Feb 2nd, 2014 at 6:21pm
Rehearsals will start in Paris very soon - maybe tomorrow (Monday). Presumably at the same place (Bondy) as October 2012.

Hopefully some of our French friends can bring us some regular info!

I've read talk of a warm up gig in Paris before they leave for Abu Dhabi but I dont know yet if thats true or just wishful thinking.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #167 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 12:02pm
Rolling Stones Abu Dhabi concert tickets sold out

Saeed Saeed       
February 2, 2014
Updated: February 2, 2014 19:54:00
http://www.thenational.ae

The Rolling Stones have sold out their show at du Arena. The concert promoters Flash Entertainment confirmed the news today with more than 30,000 tickets sold for the February 21 concert
Work has already begun to secure the legendary group for a second date. John Lickrish, the chief executive of Flash Entertainment, hailed the sold-out show as the country’s “biggest show” yet.

“We have surpassed the status of the George Michael show that we did at the National Stadium in Zayed Sports City in 2008,” he said. “It is also bigger than Madonna. This is the biggest commercial production that we have done.” Lickrish said requests have already been made for a second show. “As the demand has been so high, we are working on solutions that could include increasing the existing show’s capacity or even setting up another show,” he said.

”We talked about this when we first did the deal. We said ‘Let’s make a second show possible’ [and they said] let us get through the first show first. We looked at their schedule and it does look a little bit tough but we will do whatever we can.”

Regarding the possibility of late tickets being made available for the first show — as was the case with Madonna’s sell-out show at the same venue last June — it depends on the Rolling Stones’ production requirements.

“With Madonna, we rejigged the space with the production updates that we got and that opened up more tickets. But it was not something that we announced and we turned back to say it wasn’t sold out. Fortunately, when we did that show, there were some production holes that we were able to release. But when you are talking about production holes, it’s only about 1,000 tickets,” said Lickrish.

Lickrish expects an international crowd in attendance. “I can’t speak on the actual maths but I can tell you a few personal experiences where I spoke to people from the United States and the UK who are flying in to see the show,” he said. “We also have groups coming in from India and from GCC countries such as Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and other places like Jordan.”

The Rolling Stones Abu Dhabi date kicks off their latest tour 14 ON FIRE, which will move on to Asia and Australia.

Rumours of an Abu Dhabi appearance by the legends sparked on November 30 when the The Rolling Stones Twitter account released the cheeky hashtag #GETWHATYOUNEEDUAE — a reference to their 1973 hit You Can’t Always Get What You Want.

The news became official with tickets going on sale on December 9.

Tickets ranged from Dh395 for general admission to a whopping Dh3,995 for a special package including access to the Fire Pit at the front of the stage.

[email protected]

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #168 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 1:30pm
I find it hilarious that some other websites act like they have the secrets to opening up Fort Knox with this rehearsal information being kept off their forums for "security" reasons. The ticket prices show how much the Stones love their fans and with attitudes like that, it's no wonder that they keep charging these prices.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #169 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 3:19pm

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #170 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 7:39pm
Zweck Gets Stones For Europe

03:01 PM Monday 2/3/14
Sensible Events chief Andrew Zweck is the new European tour coordinator for The Rolling Stones and the band is looking to play a run of shows in the summer.
Mick Jagger of The Rolling Stones
Honda Center, Anaheim, Calif.
May 15, 2013

(Dave Needle)

Zweck, who has run record-breaking global tours for Roger Waters and Depeche Mode, will be working on a consultancy basis for AEG Live, which is handling the business for the rest of the world.

This latest change in the Stones’ touring team appears to be part of the fallout from Live Nation’s legal wrangles with former company chairman Michael Cohl.

Eighteen months ago, LN and Cohl issued a brief joint statement that they had amicably settled lawsuits pertaining to a non-compete agreement filed almost two years earlier.

Live Nation had sued Cohl for more than $5 million, claiming the latter had defaulted on $5.35 million in payments for specific promotion rights.

In hindsight it appears the $5.35 million due from Cohl was wiped in order for both parties to make a joint-bid for future Stones tours.

However, the issues surrounding the falling out and the publication of court documents are believed to have caused the act to become disenchanted with both parties.

After the legal issues, the Stones informed Cohl and his legal team they perceived a “spat” and did not want to get dragged into it.

The band later released a statement saying they had no exclusive tour promoter because there were no “firm” plans to tour at that time.

The next shows were promoted by Virgin Live, a joint venture between Australia’s Paul Dainty and Virgin Group’s Richard Branson, with Stuart Galbraith of Kilimanjaro Live involved in the UK run.

Though the Virgin Live venture successfully did the Stones’ brief November and December tour in 2012, it appears plans – and likely financing – fell short to remain on board for a more traditional tour.

In fact, the next Australian dates are believed to be going to Michael Gudinski’s Frontier Touring.

Although Zweck was contracted to LN at the time of its row with Cohl, he doesn’t appear to have been damaged by it.

He’s been out of that contract and once again fully independent for a little more than a year, spending the last nine months renting premises from Barrie Marshall’s Marshall Arts, which is part-owned by AEG Live and believed to be where the new arrangement with Zweck was first fostered.

--John Gammon

http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=809399

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #171 - Feb 4th, 2014 at 6:37am
Charlie Watts of Rolling Stones has had enough of touring

ROLLING STONES drummer Charlie Watts has revealed he’d be quite happy if they never toured again.
By: Day & Night
Published: Tue, February 4, 2014

... Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, Mick Jagger and Ronnie Wood at Glastonbury last year [GETTY]

The band, who have been on the road extensively throughout their 50 years, have now decided to do shorter tours.

But Charlie, 72, wouldn’t be sorry to see the end of all the travelling.

“The thought of doing 50 shows, which was normal at one time for us to sign off on, that is quite daunting,” says Charlie.

“Now we’re doing that in little bits. If we don’t do any more I’ll be quite happy with that.”

The Stones are set to embark on their 14 On Fire tour, with 13 dates across Australia, China, United Arab Emirates and New Zealand at the end of February.

Charlie says this is far more manageable than a huge world tour – particularly now he, Sir Mick Jagger and Keith Richards are all in their eighth decade.

“This is short compared with what we’ve done before but it needs to be, I think, at our tender age,” says Charlie.

He, Jagger, 70, Richards, 70, and Ronnie Wood – a mere youngster at only 66 – headlined at Hyde Park and Glastonbury last summer.

“That was wonderful although you should have been there when I didn’t like the idea of doing Glastonbury in all the mud and everything.

“We had three weekends in England in July where we had fantastic weather and the crowds were great and I had a really good time. I’ve got to learn to shut up.”

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/457849/Charlie-Watts-of-Rolling-Stones-has...

... ... ...
IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #172 - Feb 4th, 2014 at 8:20am
wow glad we beat George Michaels "gross"..........Imagine the end of the Stones as Keith is be-headed in Abu Whatever for drugs and alcohol or Lisa forgets her Burkha

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #173 - Feb 4th, 2014 at 9:08am
gimmekeef wrote on Feb 4th, 2014 at 8:20am:
wow glad we beat George Michaels "gross"..........Imagine the end of the Stones as Keith is be-headed in Abu Whatever for drugs and alcohol or Lisa forgets her Burkha

that is postin' on thin ice.
« Last Edit: Feb 4th, 2014 at 12:43pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #174 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 1:39pm
Some Guy wrote on Feb 4th, 2014 at 9:08am:
gimmekeef wrote on Feb 4th, 2014 at 8:20am:

that is postin' on thin ice.

We need to pull out all the stops if we are going to get a show here in the ATL this year!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)