Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 
Send Topic Print
the stones to play again(update: tour now in 2013) (Read 60,501 times)
Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Re: the stones to play again(update: tour now in 2
Reply #350 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 8:35am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
" It won't be like when Pete Townshend played acoustic guitar
behind glass for the Who in '89 "

WHAT   ... ?!   .. !!!!!!!  :

...  !!!!!!

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #351 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 8:36am
gotdablouse wrote on Mar 15th, 2012 at 8:11am:
"I'd think this is Mick's way of letting everyone know that he's not standing in the way of the Stones performing" - did he elaborate on that or do you have a link? Mick doesn't seem very involved in the RS piece, or does he mean he's behind it, hum...

I posted his entire quote.

I think what he's suggesting is it's significant that it's Keith - who's usually the most enthusiastic about talking UP a tour - who has acknowledged that it's not going to happen for a while, as usually it's Mick who gets the 'blame' for being reluctant (which is magnified even further by the fact that he's been the band member who has been most coy and evasive in the last couple of years when being asked about touring).

Worth remembering too that Mick and Jann Wenner are good friends. I wouldn't be surprised if Mick had some 'input' or pre-approval on that 'exclusive'. By that I mean the public acknowledgement that the band arent ready to tour in 2012  and not the 'gossip' references, which are for the most part superfluous but which will probably be given more weight in re-hashed stories than they actually deserve.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #352 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 8:44am
gimmekeef wrote on Mar 15th, 2012 at 8:08am:
Thanks Gazza..that is encouraging.....Maybe with all these things added up plus the Olympics they decided financially next year with a new cd out would be better?....or maybe the bids coming in for 2012 weren't that good?..

The latter is certainly possible.

Could even be the insurance premiums were too high. Who knows? Its far easier to say 'we're not ready' than it is to say 'its costing too much to stage' or 'we're concerned we wont sell as many tickets and make as much profit as we'd like to'.

I just think there's probably a multitude of reasons which they weighed up and figured that they were best leaving it a few months.

And I think a few months delay is all we're talking about. I'd expect a 2013 to start and finish in the same calendar year, so it wont be a case of them starting in summer/autumn 2013, but significantly earlier.

Which would work out nicely for giving them time to make a new record - especially as they'd all probably tentatively left the second half of 2012 free for Stones activity anyway.

... ... ...
IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Paris, France
Reply #353 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 8:45am
Makes sense, too bad Mick wasn't able to get Wenner to remove the "health gossip" part though, because everyone's focusing on that whereas we'd be all pumped up about the upcoming recordings and Bill "the little hands that coud" Wyman's return!

IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #354 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 10:33am
Keith is fine. This bit of health news is pure speculation. Let's all look forward to them hitting a studio in NYC really soon and creating some more magic.

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #355 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 10:47am
Steel Wheels wrote on Mar 15th, 2012 at 10:33am:
Keith is fine. This bit of health news is pure speculation. Let's all look forward to them hitting a studio in NYC really soon and creating some more magic.

Well, we dont know if any of them is 'fine' or not - but the bit in bold is spot on. Speculation is indeed all it is.

And there's no cure for rustiness that's as good as playing. Bring it on.

... ... ...
IP Logged

AngieBlue
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #356 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 11:22am
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 11:42pm:
Edith Grove wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 8:21pm:
AngieBlue wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 6:40pm:
The last time a bunch of fans were convinced Keith's health was bad it turned out Patti was the one very ill.  

Just sayin'.

And sayin' a lot.  Smiley

Yeah but every time we have seen Patti in public recently.She has looked fantastic. Don't know the exact date she was last in public. But it would have to be a quck demise if the health problems were hers.

I didn't mean Patti was ill again, just pointing out how wrong the 'insiders' and the fan mass was.

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #357 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 11:50am
So..we wait....which is what we have done for the last 30 years anyway......maybe they should call the next tour The Molasses Tour..based on how long it took to get going....

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #358 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 12:01pm
..and even if there wont be a Stones album, Keith can always finish that Winos record he  was apparently working on in 2011.

... ... ...
IP Logged

CrissCrossMind
Rocks Off Regular

Southside of Chicago Baby ...
Reply #359 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 12:07pm
those wino demo tapes .. .can serve as a starting point for new Stones material ... Mick may even have a song or two ... the practice invovled in recording ... may help them all get in shape ... for one ... Final B Don't suck my cockang!

yonder comes a woman ...

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #360 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 1:09pm
Joey wrote on Mar 15th, 2012 at 8:35am:
" It won't be like when Pete Townshend played acoustic guitar
behind glass for the Who in '89 "

WHAT   ... ?!   .. !!!!!!!  :

...  !!!!!!

empty glass.............

IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #361 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 3:07pm
all I know

is that it gives me more time to get some cash together to buy their damn expensive tickets.....

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #362 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 3:23pm
PartyDoll MEG wrote on Mar 15th, 2012 at 3:07pm:
all I know

is that it gives me more time to get some cash together to buy their damn expensive tickets.....

Start your Christmas Club NOW!!
10 bucks a week = about $350 come New Years!! Cheesy

IP Logged

Teiz
Rocks Off Regular

Almere, Amsterdams ugly twin
Reply #363 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 4:06pm
I'm not holding my breath. I'd love another tour, but only if they are up to it. My gut says the Stones are done, but I will happily stand corrected if the boys announce a fresh round of gigs.

IP Logged

uncleson
Rocks Off Regular

USA
Reply #364 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 4:53pm
Good news!

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #365 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 5:27pm
Teiz wrote on Mar 15th, 2012 at 4:06pm:
I'm not holding my breath. I'd love another tour, but only if they are up to it. My gut says the Stones are done, but I will happily stand corrected if the boys announce a fresh round of gigs.

me too... and if they aren't being upfront, that makes it all the more lame...  insurance underwritters are only concerned with one thing, health... not if a person can play or record, they just neeed to know you can make it to a gig, the rest really doesn't matter to them. specualtion yes, but there's also only a few things it can be, knowing they had plans made... i'm glad a lot of you are optimistic... I wish I was, and hope I get there...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #366 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 5:41pm
Paranoid Android wrote on Mar 15th, 2012 at 3:23pm:
all I know

Start your Christmas Club NOW!!
10 bucks a week = about $350 come New Years!! Cheesy

Halfway to being able to afford a nosebleed at the Garden in 2013!

... ... ...
IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #367 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 6:15pm
all I know

More money for the Bruce fall leg Meggy. Wink

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #368 - Mar 16th, 2012 at 11:09am

Perhaps they are truly "both" just not ready yet (as Keith stated in saying "We're not ready yet").

Look at how out of breath Mick was at The White House.. he certainly wasn't hammering on all cylinders there for whatever reason. Vocally he was fine.. it was his wind that everyone commented on.

Keith at those ceremony's isn't really playing. He's simply plucking here and again between verses. Even though they didn't play those type of songs that called for it.. still the "riffs" seem to be gone for right now even if he wanted to try to do them.

It could all very well be a wake-up call to them. Could they have gotten ready in rehearsals by the time a tour comes around? Well now it seems possibly not?  Possibly they need to work into this slow and easy at this stage and age. They can't just jump right into a couple months of rehearsals and be fine like they could ten years ago. Those days are past. They may need to change things in their life a bit who knows and go into this slowly building up. 

One thing is for certain.. seeing Mick's wind and seeing Keith's last few outings.. they surely arent ready and I cant see a few months overcoming it all. Much of it yes but not 100%. They want to be 100% so this is probably another reason they chose to wait.

I keep stressing that they are 70.. it isn't like they are 60. Things are much more fragile and open to harm and you have to be careful at that age. As well, you can't jump right into rehearsals and in a couple months be all raring to go. They have crossed that line now.. it'll take a good while these days.

Personally, I am thinking they (at least Mick and Keith) are "both" not ready yet. I'm not sure this is all a 100% Keith situation.

- Ian

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #369 - Mar 16th, 2012 at 6:35pm
never thought I'd see a comment like, it's not like they are 60, they're 70, and say... to myself... that makes sense.
certain decades to make for big changes... 10 to 20 and 60 to 70... at a certain ppint in live, the body has extremes...

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #370 - Mar 16th, 2012 at 8:57pm
Pdog wrote on Mar 16th, 2012 at 6:35pm:
never thought I'd see a comment like, it's not like they are 60, they're 70, and say... to myself... that makes sense.
certain decades to make for big changes... 10 to 20 and 60 to 70... at a certain ppint in live, the body has extremes...

Exactly, and this is the point I am trying to drive home. It doesn't seem like a big deal and many see it as just ten years.. just a decade... but the 10 years between a 60 year old and a 70 year old is pretty significant.  There's a big difference between a 60 year old and a 70 year old.

20-30 (a change) 30-40 (not much)... 40-50 (not bad)... 60-70 (significant change).

Folks say .. well they did it just four or five years ago. Well they struggled to do it at that traveling pace four or five years ago. It wasn't easy on them then and they had a harder time with it. Now, with this long lay-off, it probably is a very good call they try and work into this slowly. Even when they are ready, the days of The Rolling Stones traveling from city to city in hotel after hotel and hoping all over the globe will be significantly scaled back and altered.

The structure has changed because they have hit a new stage in their long career. 60 and 70 is a big change.  I was trying to get people to think about this a few months ago when I said I couldn't beleive they were going to attempt another one of these major tours at this age, out in the weather, all that stuff. Now we are seeing they have some scrouples..

- Ian

IP Logged

Kilroy
Rocks Off Regular

I love this place!

Mickville Virginny USA
Reply #371 - Mar 16th, 2012 at 9:05pm
Ian Billen wrote on Mar 16th, 2012 at 8:57pm:

Exactly, and this is the point I am trying to drive home. It doesn't seem like a big deal and many see it as just ten years.. just a decade... but the 10 years between a 60 year old and a 70 year old is pretty significant.  There's a big difference between a 60 year old and a 70 year old.

20-30 (a change) 30-40 (not much)... 40-50 (not bad)... 60-70 (significant change).

Folks say .. well they did it just four or five years ago. Well they struggled to do it at that traveling pace four or five years ago. It wasn't easy on them then and they had a harder time with it. Now, with this long lay-off, it probably is a very good call they try and work into this slowly. Even when they are ready, the days of The Rolling Stones traveling from city to city in hotel after hotel and hoping all over the globe will be significantly scaled back and altered.

The structure has changed because they have hit a new stage in their long career. 60 and 70 is a big change.  I was trying to get people to think about this a few months ago when I said I couldn't beleive they were going to attempt another one of these major tours at this age, out in the weather, all that stuff. Now we are seeing they have some scrouples..

- Ian

I agree with the big difference in 60-70........That's big.. really?
But for my own mind how about the 50-60, that's the one that concern me now adays! stu watching how stupid we are LOL

The Core Of The Rolling Stones is Charlie Watts Hi-Hat/The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me/And Then We Became Naked/After the Skeet Shoot & Sweet Dreams Mary & #9 11/22/1968 @#500 2/19/2010 @#800 4/09/2011 @#888 10/28/2011 @#1000 2/2/12

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #372 - Mar 17th, 2012 at 11:01am
Kilroy wrote on Mar 16th, 2012 at 9:05pm:
Ian Billen wrote on Mar 16th, 2012 at 8:57pm:

Exactly, and this is the point I am trying to drive home. It doesn't seem like a big deal and many see it as just ten years.. just a decade... but the 10 years between a 60 year old and a 70 year old is pretty significant.  There's a big difference between a 60 year old and a 70 year old.

The structure has changed because they have hit a new stage in their long career. 60 and 70 is a big change.  I was trying to get people to think about this a few months ago when I said I couldn't beleive they were going to attempt another one of these major tours at this age, out in the weather, all that stuff. Now we are seeing they have some scrouples..

- Ian

I agree with the big difference in 60-70........That's big.. really?
But for my own mind how about the 50-60, that's the one that concern me now adays! stu watching how stupid we are LOL

Haha... well they did it .. not to worry, Mate... not to worry.   

-Ian

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)