Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 15
Send Topic Print
the stones to play again(update: tour now in 2013) (Read 60,496 times)
dadrob
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

the stones to play again(update: tour now in 2013)
Nov 9th, 2011 at 10:33am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
« Last Edit: Mar 14th, 2012 at 10:54am by Gazza »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Re: the stones to play again in 2011
Reply #1 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 10:36am
Dooesn't Keith usually go to Jamaica during the cold months ?

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

steel driving hammer
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 10:36am
It's about time.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #3 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 10:38am
far out!

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #4 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 11:38am
With the utmost respect, this sums it up for me:

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #5 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 11:40am
Starbuck will be unable to top this as post of the year.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #6 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 11:45am
Well, just THREE of them are getting together - saying that, thats not an unusual thing to do in the early stages of any band project (awaits Contact Music's 'spin' on the story which will be along the lines that they're making a record without Mick.....  Oh no! not you again )

The good sign is that there's an intent to work together. THAT wouldnt happen if there wasn't a plan that something will happen in 2012. Clearly they're aware of the risk of being too rusty when they do.

Nice little insight by Keith on how he and Mick went through the Some Girls outtakes - and a very promising sign of things to come from Don Was.... as long as Mick doesnt start putting 2012 vocals on 1968 outtakes....

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #7 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 12:07pm
Gazza wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 11:45am:
Well, just THREE of them are getting together - saying that, thats not an unusual thing to do in the early stages of any band project (awaits Contact Music's 'spin' on the story which will be along the lines that they're making a record without Mick.....  Oh no! not you again )

The good sign is that there's an intent to work together. THAT wouldnt happen if there wasn't a plan that something will happen in 2012. Clearly they're aware of the risk of being too rusty when they do.

Nice little insight by Keith on how he and Mick went through the Some Girls outtakes - and a very promising sign of things to come from Don Was.... as long as Mick doesnt start putting 2012 vocals on 1968 outtakes....

It's raining cold hard facts up in here. What the fuck?

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #8 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 1:33pm
its over is just revo sti spelled backwards.
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2011 at 1:41pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #9 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 1:39pm
The Some Girls and Exile ­reissues might only be the beginning: Was wants to tackle Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed or Sticky Fingers soon. "There's so much material," he says. "If they never went in the studio again, you could have a new Stones album every year for the next 50 years, and it would all be good."

So, get on with it already.

"slide your body, girl, right across the floor..do the Southside Shuffle..."Southside Shuffle-Mighty J Geils Band

IP Logged

riffkeither
Rocks Off Regular

Gimme Some Neck !!

France Marseille
Reply #10 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 2:41pm
Nellcote wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 1:39pm:
The Some Girls and Exile ­reissues might only be the beginning: Was wants to tackle Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed or Sticky Fingers soon. "There's so much material," he says. "If they never went in the studio again, you could have a new Stones album every year for the next 50 years, and it would all be good."

So, get on with it already.

Hendrix is a good exemple !

I've dealt with my ghosts and I've faced all my demons...
I'm movin' on

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #11 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 2:54pm
Well, just THREE of them are getting together - saying that, thats not an unusual thing to do in the early stages of any band project (awaits Contact Music's 'spin' on the story which will be along the lines that they're making a record without Mick.....  Oh no! not you again )

Well.. not to start the age old debate again, however I'd say there is now definitely a plan to record. It is ridiculously too early to simply be wanting to start to rehearse some stuff for a possible tour or some live shows next year. As well ... if they were only wanting to jam a bit, they really wouldn't need to rent a studio to do such. As well, you can bet the bottom dollar these jam sessions will ALL be recorded with D. Was there... so I know hes hoping/ or already knows it is to go down one way or another. Sounds quite promising for some new material.

As well ... people bitch about Don Was constantly and how they wish they would find someone eles. Well first let's look at what the guy has been able to carry them through. Voodoo, Stripped, the temperate/disagreements of Bridges to Babylon, Licks singles, a back to basics album recorded primarily at Mr. Jagger's house. All the studio albums are high quality ... and ............ with the request of The Stones and the record company he has walked them through the new Exile project and this Some Girls re-release.

. . . . .Now he wants to do the whole set including Let It Bleed, Beggars, and Sticky fingers in due time.

Really, how can you bitch? ...

Ian
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2011 at 2:56pm by Ian Billen »  

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #12 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 2:58pm

Incidentally and with respect, (and not to attempt to put words in your mouth), but I gotta say, I am "assuming" here ..but I "think" you like Don Was producing the Stones Mr. Gazza. ..(the only reason I mention you is because as I understand it you never really give your opinion on him that I can recall). Are you satisfied with the actual studio work with them (though it hasn't been steady) and what is your take on him? <simply curious>

Ian

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #13 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 3:12pm
This is always welcome news!  Charlie Watts and his guitar friends will jam a bit to get ready for the arrival of his lead singer.

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #14 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 4:00pm
This is the part I liked the most

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #15 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 4:51pm
"If they never went in the studio again, you could have a new Stones album every year for the next 50 years, and it would all be good."
It also wouldn't sell worth a damn.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

TomL
Rocks Off Regular

Change the Fucking sets

Sweet Virginia
Reply #16 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 4:58pm
lets all jerk off at once.  Ouch! Perverted Mick Kiss my undercover ass. together is better than not together. Oh by the way the official jerk off is 11/13/11 at 11:36 PM. EST. But there may be a delay. In which it will be moved to 11/14/11 at 1:48 AM EST.  you made a grown man cry

...Her love is ecstasy When her arms enfold me I hear her tender rhapsody But in reality, she doesn't Fucking know me...JMI once again..... running away with me...........

IP Logged

Mel Belli
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #17 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 5:47pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 4:51pm:
"
It also wouldn't sell worth a damn.

What does anymore?

fka Sandrew (a proud Rocks Off member since November 2001)&&&&"The Rolling Stones don't want any money ... so I'll keep it." - Melvin Belli, "Gimme Shelter"&&&&"We act so greedy, makes me sick sick sick."&&&&...

IP Logged

AngieBlue
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #18 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 12:39am
That article is the most positive news we've had on the future of the band yet!

Makes my unpacking process much happier...can dream of a Stones album and tour!

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #19 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 6:59am
Edith Grove wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 10:36am:
Dooesn't Keith usually go to Jamaica during the cold months ?

Turks & caicos..or wherever the hell it is he goes these days. But he's usually in or around London at this time of the year. Last year he was there for his book signing plus the Stones' band meeting soon afterwards.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #20 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 7:05am
Ian Billen wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 2:58pm:

Incidentally and with respect, (and not to attempt to put words in your mouth), but I gotta say, I am "assuming" here ..but I "think" you like Don Was producing the Stones Mr. Gazza. ..(the only reason I mention you is because as I understand it you never really give your opinion on him that I can recall). Are you satisfied with the actual studio work with them (though it hasn't been steady) and what is your take on him? <simply curious>

Ian

I've no opinion on him one way or the other, Ian. Its not something I've really given much thought about. They know what they're looking for far better than we do.

There's no guarantee that any producer can make a good record with any act. People throw names around like confetti. Jack White, Rick Rubin, etc. They may indeed help make a great record. They may, in turn, just as easily end up making an awful one. You just dont know. The bottom line is whether the songs are good enough. I dont really care who produces them.

... ... ...
IP Logged

steel driving hammer
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 7:08am
I'm thinking what song the opener will be.

Warhorse?

IP Logged

Zack
Rocks Off Regular

Chiba Face Rules You Bastards!

Dakar
Reply #22 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 7:30am
Well, Ian got them thinking about Satisfaction . . .

Only a crowd can make you feel so alone.

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #23 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 7:39am
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 4:00pm:
This is the part I liked the most

When Tattoo You came out, an older friend told me this, almost word for word... I really couldn't imagine so much recorded and unreleased music at the time, but now I have learned, just hoe much there is...

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #24 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 7:41am
steel driving hammer wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 7:08am:
I'm thinking what song the opener will be.

Warhorse?

maybe a new song!!! recycled riffs with new lrics and a beat... I would suggest Mich use "get the juices flowing" as a template lyric to get him started on writing a song.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 15
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)