Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 23
Send Topic Print
Van Halen in the studio with Roth (Read 293,750 times)
sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Re: Van Halen in the studio with Roth
Reply #325 - Mar 26th, 2012 at 11:10am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Cool. Glad you had good time E. You rock!

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #326 - Mar 26th, 2012 at 12:42pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Mar 26th, 2012 at 11:10am:
Cool. Glad you had good time E. You rock!

Thanks, it was a good show out here on the Atlantic! When they hit the Pacific coast, you should go!

I forgot to mention, during the pre-show music, they played "YOU GOT ME ROCKIN' for the audience, which of course got me rockin!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #327 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 2:07pm
Bitch wrote on Mar 26th, 2012 at 10:55am:
Hey guys ~ here's my review of the AC show.  I snagged a $150 ticket for $40 outside the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City on Saturday night. I loved the show, it rocked my ass! I was just so happy to hear RUNNIN' WITH THE DEVIL since I got no love to call real, and I aint got nobody waiting at home. That line rings true and when you are alone in AC there is pleny of devil-playing available, but thats a good thing! Not so sure if little Wolfy Van Halen on the bass was as great as Michael Anthony, but he did good. Eddie Van Halen shreads a guitar ike no other, he sent chills up my spine!  The stage was basic, only a drum kit, mike stand, and 2 sets of speakers. The band has no back up singers or instruments, its just the 4 of them on stage, rockin it. David Lee Roth was unbelievable, his voice was loud and raw, kicking his legs up higher than the Rockettes at Radio CIty!  What a show! Totally on fire! Loved hearing TATOO, some songs off the new CD along with the classic VH songs, which never go out of style. Worth my forty bucks, but the $175 sections were empty, all ticket prices of upward of $150 were empty, so there is a price point. This was a men's crowd, the Men's Room had a line around the door, and the Ladies Room didnt!  The show was just about 2 hours long, and the opening act was Kool & The Gang, who brought the retro, disco-funk. They were cool too.

1.Unchained
2.Runnin' With the Devil
3.She's the Woman
4.The Full Bug
5.Tattoo
6.Everybody Wants Some!!
7.Somebody Get Me a Doctor
8.China Town
9.Hear About It Later
10.Oh, Pretty Woman
(Roy Orbison cover)
11.Drum Solo
12.You Really Got Me (The Kinks cover)
13.The Trouble with Never
14.Dance the Night Away
15.I'll Wait
16.Hot for Teacher
17.Women In Love
18.Outta Love Again
19.Beautiful Girls
20.Ice Cream Man (John Brim cover)
21.Panama
22.Guitar Solo (Including "Eruption" and "Cathedral")
23.Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
24.Jump

NICE! Here's Eddie 3-26-12 Reading Pa.-

http://youtu.be/KJBF5QMrcf8
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2012 at 2:09pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #328 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 3:11pm
Dave needs to lose the wireless mike thing, it's creepy.

"slide your body, girl, right across the floor..do the Southside Shuffle..."Southside Shuffle-Mighty J Geils Band

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #329 - Apr 5th, 2012 at 7:18am
Nellcote wrote on Mar 28th, 2012 at 3:11pm:
Dave needs to lose the wireless mike thing, it's creepy.

FYI- Van Halen still kicking ass! Thanks

http://youtu.be/0Qky2nLRrmA
"Blood & Fire"

You can always tell the winners
The saints and the sinners
Down at the starting line
I'm a lucid vision
Of the unforgiven
I'm your wave-tossed guy

King-size repercussions
Trouble by the dozens
The stakes have never been higher

Come back when you're younger
'Cause I can feel the thunder
1-800-IT'S TIME

OOOOOOHHHHH YEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
We came... we came... we came through blood and fire
Now look at all of the people here tonight...

It's a world of fools
That's just what's expected
None of 'em know it
Or even suspect it
God must love the lazy
Shiftless and the crazy
He put so many in line

Now look at all of the people here tonight...

Forgotten empires
Lost victories long past
Every time I bloomed again
I thought it was the last
And then something crazy happens
and... BOOM!
I'm doing the victory dance!

Told ya I was comin' back...
(Told Ya!)
Say you missed me...
(Say it!)
Say it like ya mean it!

[GUITAR SOLO]

You can always tell the winners
The saints and the sinners
Down at the starting line...

« Last Edit: Apr 5th, 2012 at 7:34am by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #330 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 7:24am
a week from Thursday I will be at the show!!

Since her ex-husband Eddie Van Halen so far isn’t doing any interviews in support of his band’s new album and tour, Valerie Bertinelli called into WRIF Detroit’s Drew and Mike show to talk about how the band, and specifically their son Wolfgang, is doing out on the road.

The ‘Hot in Cleveland’ actress was proud to talk about her son’s skills – “Wolfie can definitely back up everything with his playing, you can’t deny that he is an excellent bass player and an excellent musician, his voice is amazing.”

She also addressed Van Halen fans upset that her son took over founding bassist Michael Anthony’s role in the band, and explained it’s the only way Eddie would be making musical publicly. “I loved Mike too, I thought he was a really nice guy, still do,” Bertinelli explains. “But the only way this tour is happening is because Eddie gets to play with his son Wolfie. Otherwise, this tour wouldn’t be going on, it really wouldn’t.”

According to her, the lure of playing music with their son is the main factor that convinced the guitar wizard to get the band back together: “This brings joy to Ed, and that’s what he wants to do now, just have fun playing. As great as Mike is, this wouldn’t be happening if Mike was still in the band.”

She also has a message “for any of the fans that are truly angry that Mike’s not in the band… at least they get to see a version of the band. You’re getting to see Dave and Ed and Al play together. I know I’m a little prejudiced but.. my son kicks ass! And Ed’s playing better than ever, you’ve gotta give him that.”

As to how the about-to-be 21 Wolfgang is doing on the road, well, shocker, “he’s having the time of his life. I try to tell him not to read the internet, but he reads some of the horrible things that people say, no matter what they’re not going to be pleased. I try to tell him, ‘you’re not going to please everybody, it’s impossible.’ Especially people who are so passionate about this band. But he’s having such a great time, I think those naysayer voices are fading quickly in the back.”

She also revealed that her son has been taking lots of vocal courses — “he does his homework!” — and got his high school degree just recently after missing much of the 11th grade due to being out on the band’s 2007/08 tour.

Did she have any words of warning for her former sparring partner David Lee Roth, about how to treat her child on the road? “No, Dave doesn’t need to have any words from me. He’s a grown man, he knows how to treat people. Everything with Dave is water under the bridge. I think he’s doing an amazing job. I run into him very infrequently, but when we do it’s always pleasant.”

As to why she’s so friendly with her ex and his bandmates: “With age comes wisdom, I guess. I always choose to look at the good side. These are really great people. This is my son. I just want him to be happy. And this is a dream come true for Ed.”

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #331 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 7:44am
Like watching someone reinvent your 19th Nervous Breakdown.
Comeback lp of the year.
Surprised everyone.
Have a Wicked Pissah time!

"slide your body, girl, right across the floor..do the Southside Shuffle..."Southside Shuffle-Mighty J Geils Band

IP Logged

BILL PERKS
Rocks Off Regular

NJ
Reply #332 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 8:20am
Nellcote wrote on Apr 10th, 2012 at 7:44am:
Comeback lp of the year.
Surprised everyone.

POST OF THE YEAR !I LISTENED TO IT EVERY DAY SINCE IT CAME OUT.

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #333 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 9:16am
Comeback lp of the year.
Surprised everyone.

Bruce's is better.

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #334 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 9:21am
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Apr 10th, 2012 at 9:16am:
Comeback lp of the year.
Surprised everyone.

Bruce's is better.

This is a band who has had a lead singer return to the group after a 28 year absence.
IMO, Bruce is not coming back from anything, he's consistently released lp's.
Some might consider Bruce's work superior to the Van Halen product, but Bruce's lp is not a comeback lp.
I've run thru the Bruce lp a couple of times, it's not doing it for me.
All other Bruce lp's get me on the 1st play.
But again, it's me who we are talking about.
« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2012 at 9:25am by Nellcote »  

IP Logged

BILL PERKS
Rocks Off Regular

NJ
Reply #335 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 9:33am
Comeback lp of the year.
Surprised everyone.

Bruce's is better.

NOT BLOODY LIKELY..

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #336 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 10:32am
Nellcote wrote on Apr 10th, 2012 at 9:21am:
Comeback lp of the year.
Surprised everyone.

Bruce's is better.

This is a band who has had a lead singer return to the group after a 28 year absence.
Some might consider Bruce's work superior to the Van Halen product, but Bruce's lp is not a comeback lp.

...to the California Coast Where the folks who know about frostiness stay frostiest the most Let's go get drunk

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #337 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 10:42am
Some Guy wrote on Apr 10th, 2012 at 10:32am:
Nellcote wrote on Apr 10th, 2012 at 9:21am:
Comeback lp of the year.
Surprised everyone.

Bruce's is better.

...to the California Coast Where the folks who know about frostiness stay frostiest the most Let's go get drunk

Look me in the eyes, don't make me say this twice
If you want to be a Monk, you've got to cook a lot of rice.

IP Logged

BILL PERKS
Rocks Off Regular

NJ
Reply #338 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 10:53am
STAY FROSTY IN A WORLD WITHOUT END
LIKE THE ANCIENT IMMORTALS SAID
DONT WANT EM TO GET YOU GOAT
DONT SHOW EM WHERE IT'S HID
THAT'S JUST WHAT I DID !

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #339 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 6:43am
Nelly?
PERKS?

http://youtu.be/KSoHykRsUSo

review from last night Fort Lauderdale-

Hey all... ok... from what I have read so far in the quick reviews ... seems all is correct... NO Me Wise Magic or any real surprises... Hear About It Later was back (my favorite song, so that rocked!!!)

The band hit the stage and the (mostly) sold out crowd was into it... and Unchained set the tone (perfect opener)...

Very energized and just a great band!!!

Dave sounded VERY strong... he still butchered (in my opinion) Dance The Night Away, Beautiful Girls (some ridiculous nasally voice, like the Downtown Sessions) and the choruses of Chinatown (although he toyed with a lower register in verse/bridge parts and it sounded good) ... I also don't like the way he goes high in the chorus of Hear About It Later as opposed to doing the root note... but I know I'm being picky since I sing...

That being said (and I've mentioned this before) there is really NO reason for Dave to be hacking these songs, as he is singing them way higher than they were originally intended and if he just stayed in his natural tone and melody they would ABSOLUTELY KILL...

I say that because he SANG THE FUCK out of I'll Wait and Women In Love and his voice sounded absolutely killer... I'm sure once the YouTube vids come up there will be more critical analysis... but I thought overall Dave really benefitted from the break... he was strong and held a few long powerful notes... even some of his yelps were quite strong and I even heard a 'classic' Dave (short) scream in Ain't Talkin' Bout Love ... he was very animated (in the first half pre-blower incident) and slipped on the dance floor a few times and dropped his mic stand also... but he just kept on motoring and being the legendary frontman that he is!!!

The part about Dave saying he forgets the words in Women In Love was actually because Eddie fucked up the song!!! It was quite funny as he was supposed to go into the solo and he kept singing the chorus!!! The camera was on him and on the big video screen you could see him look over to Dave and Wolf and clearly mouth "I fucked up" and then just started laughing... that is when Dave said the "go to the solo... No big deal, I forget the words all the time" ... had EVH's back!!! Very loose and cool and quite funny... actually, the band seemed like they forgot a few things during the break, but it really made the show a bit more natural and not "robotic" ...

The backing vocals were strong, Wolfgang Van Halen is a fucking killer player (can we PLEASE END the Michael Anthony whining already) and Alex Van Halen is just a monster...

I don't even know what to say about Edward Van Halen except this - Edward Van Halen ... really that is all one has to say... completely mind blown as to the EVH we are getting to see today... shredded shredded shredded...

The blower incident really set Dave off!!! He did stop Alex in the middle of the intro to Hot For Teacher and really went on a rant... and I have to admit, as much as I thought it was part of the "schtick" like "I forgot the fucking words" (which Dave did NOT do tonight) the blowers were REALLY blowing... we had club seats and were freezing ... I know how much that can fuck with your voice while trying to sing and DLR totally lost it... which set a much quicker pace from that point on... he definitely was set off and left the stage about 3 or 4 times to really let somebody have it... they eventually DID stop blowing...

He did compose himself to announce after EVH's great solo "The winner and still champion - Edward Van Halen!!!"

Was funny watching EVH do the wierd foot sliding thing DLR does on the dance floor a few times... although I didn't see a 'Flying Eddie' tonight (unless I missed it)...

They extended the Dance The Night Away breakdown part so Dave could talk about the Latin influence on the song (since he was in South Florida) and told quite a hysterical story about the Latin community in California when they first wrote the song and they played it every night and the dances the different types of Latins would do during the song... I'm sure there will be video... was definitely a comedic moment and the band was riding it!!!

I was with 3 other people (all VH fans) and we all had a great time... as I feel did the entire venue!!! Really good reaction!!!

Ok... that is it off the top of my head...
-Roth Army

I'll Wait- from last night
http://youtu.be/fJzDm7EojGw
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2012 at 7:02am by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #340 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 8:07am
Any truth to the rumor of reports of JB being there to cheer on his homeboy Roth?

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #341 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 11:48am
Nellcote wrote on Apr 11th, 2012 at 8:07am:
Any truth to the rumor of reports of JB being there to cheer on his homeboy Roth?

dude, wrong thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKKo9NzlP0E

IP Logged

BILL PERKS
Rocks Off Regular

NJ
Reply #342 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 11:51am

NAH, HE'S TOO BUSY BORING UP SHIDOOBEE WITH HIS DRIVEL.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #343 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 11:54am
BILL PERKS wrote on Apr 11th, 2012 at 11:51am:

glencar has had some enjoyable one liners as of late.

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #344 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 12:40pm
Some Guy wrote on Apr 11th, 2012 at 11:54am:

I'd rather listen to Jump,backwards than read any of his drivel. What a post Ronnie!!!!!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #345 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 12:50pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Apr 11th, 2012 at 12:40pm:

I'd rather listen to Jump,backwards than read any of his drivel. What a post Ronnie!!!!!

sweetness?

http://youtu.be/_AiVY9Xuei0

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #346 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 12:59pm

A simple question
Concerning time:
"Suppose you wait forever
And then you change your mind?"

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #347 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 2:06pm
Some Guy wrote on Apr 11th, 2012 at 12:50pm:

sweetness?

http://youtu.be/_AiVY9Xuei0

Well played Some boogie. Well played. piss off

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #348 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 7:46am
I got moonie on my elbow and when I flex moonie talks.

http://youtu.be/aieb_KwZCnM

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #349 - Apr 17th, 2012 at 2:43pm
Lame excuse, Eddie.  piss off

Eddie Van Halen says dad fueled his drinking
Published: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 12:04 PM
By The Associated Press

Eddie Van Halen puts some of the blame on his father for his long struggle with alcohol. In the May issue of Esquire, the Van Halen guitarist said “the whole alcoholism thing” developed when he asked his dad how to combat his nerves when playing music in front of people.

Michael DeMocker/The Times-Picayune
Eddie Van Halen, right, and David Lee Roth perform during the Van Halen concert at the New Orleans Arena on Feb. 8, 2008.

His father gave him a shot of vodka and a cigarette to ease his nerves, and that started Van Halen on a near lifetime of drinking.

The 57-year-old Van Halen also talked about the struggle to get clean, pulling his son Wolfgang out of school at 15 to join the band, and his relationship with ex-wife Valerie Bertinelli.

The issue hits newsstands on April 24. The recently reunited Van Halen is now on tour.

http://www.nola.com/music/index.ssf/2012/04/eddie_van_halen_says_dad_fuele.html

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 23
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)