Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"Let it Bleed" with Dwayne Dopsie! JazzFest, New Orleans, La - May 2, 2024 © Chris Granger, The Times-Picayune

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 23
Send Topic Print
Van Halen in the studio with Roth (Read 293,672 times)
sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Re: Van Halen in the studio with Roth
Reply #300 - Feb 11th, 2012 at 10:27pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Don't remember seeing DLR playing guitar before.....Stay Frosty my friends. Boring post http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb40FtK316s
« Last Edit: Feb 12th, 2012 at 8:03pm by sweetcharmedlife »  

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

MRD8
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Melbourne, Florida
Reply #301 - Feb 12th, 2012 at 4:42pm
Here's Eddie's guitar solo from the LA Forum dress rehearsal gig:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w12AmqQuKY

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #302 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 7:15pm
MRD8 wrote on Feb 12th, 2012 at 4:42pm:
Here's Eddie's guitar solo from the LA Forum dress rehearsal gig:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w12AmqQuKY

The King of 10 fingers and 6 strings

IP Logged

BILL PERKS
Rocks Off Regular

NJ
Reply #303 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 8:31pm
I'M PLAYIN THIS BITCH NONSTOP !
NONFUCKING STOP!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #304 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 3:14am
BILL PERKS wrote on Feb 13th, 2012 at 8:31pm:
NONFUCKING STOP!

same here PERKS! It rocks beyond my wildest speculations. It blows doors 1-13.

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #305 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 7:10am
Some Guy wrote on Feb 14th, 2012 at 3:14am:
NONFUCKING STOP!

When you turn on your stereo, does it return the favor?

"slide your body, girl, right across the floor..do the Southside Shuffle..."Southside Shuffle-Mighty J Geils Band

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #306 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 11:05am
Bullethead kicks my ass!

IP Logged

BILL PERKS
Rocks Off Regular

NJ
Reply #307 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 2:08pm
Nellcote wrote on Feb 14th, 2012 at 7:10am:
NONFUCKING STOP!

IT DOES NOW!
VAN HALEN HAS BROUGHT BALLS BACK TO ROCK.

FANBLOODYTASTIC!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #308 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 7:37pm
BILL PERKS wrote on Feb 14th, 2012 at 2:08pm:
Nellcote wrote on Feb 14th, 2012 at 7:10am:
NONFUCKING STOP!

IT DOES NOW!
VAN HALEN HAS BROUGHT BALLS BACK TO ROCK.

FANBLOODYTASTIC!

I love that use of 19th nervous break down line in You and Your Blues.

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #309 - Feb 15th, 2012 at 9:46pm
That's what I'm talkin about......

Van Halen’ s new album A Different Kind of Truth debuted at #2 on the Billboard chart, selling an impressive 187,000 copies it’s first week on the charts. A hard rock album hitting the #2 position is an incredible achievement these days. It’s even more impressive when you figure that record industry sales of albums are down 50% since 14 years ago, when Van halen’s last album was released.
Interestingly, if Van Halen’s album had been released just about ANY other week so far this year, it would have gone #1!
When Van Halen’s new album dropped, Adele’s album, 21, had been the #1 album for 19 weeks. Her album had recently been selling around 100,000 units per week. Under normal circumstances, Van Halen selling 187,000 units would be more than enough to bump reigning queen Adele from the top slot.
But last week was the perfect storm for megastar Adele. She was on the cover of People magazine, was interviewed on Anderson Cooper’s show, and not only performed on the Grammys, but won six Grammy trophies! Her sales immediately shot up 95%, surpassing Van Halen’s on the last day of the sales week. Now with 20 weeks at No. 1, this marks the longest run at the top of the chart since “The Bodyguard” spent 20 weeks at No. 1 in 1992-1993.
This reminds us of when Van Halen’s 10-million-plus-selling ‘1984‘ topped out at #2, never reaching the top of the charts…only because Michael Jackson‘s Thriller was cemented there. Ironically, one of the many reasons for Thriller‘s incredible success was that Eddie Van Halen contributed the blistering guitar solo to “Beat It”, which helped Jackson cross over to the rock and roll audience. At that moment in time, Eddie Van Halen performed on both the #1 and #2 albums on the Billboard chart.
A Different Kind of Truth is the band’s 14th consecutive top 10 album — stretching back to 1979′s Van Halen II, which topped out at No. 6. The only release in the veteran act’s catalog that missed the top 10 was its self-titled 1978 debut, which peaked at No. 19.

http://www.vhnd.com/2012/02/15/van-halen-debuts-at-no-2/

"slide your body, girl, right across the floor..do the Southside Shuffle..."Southside Shuffle-Mighty J Geils Band

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #310 - Feb 16th, 2012 at 11:18am
HoneyBabyNellieDoll, It gets better with each listen. A few folks I've told about the record refuse to buy it because Tattoo sucked in their opinion. You can't reach some people.

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #311 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 11:59am
Van Halen 2012 Tour Set List – Louisville, Kentucky

‘You Really Got Me’
‘Runnin’ With the Devil’
‘She’s the Woman’
‘Romeo Delight’
‘Tattoo’
‘Everybody Wants Some!!’
‘Somebody Get Me a Doctor’
‘China Town’
‘Mean Streets’
‘Pretty Woman’
Drum Solo
‘Unchained’
‘The Trouble With Never’
‘Dance the Night Away’
‘I’ll Wait’
‘Hot for Teacher’
‘Women in Love’
‘Outta Love Again’
‘Beautiful Girls’
‘Ice Cream Man’
‘Panama’
Guitar Solo
‘Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love’
‘Jump’

IP Logged

BILL PERKS
Rocks Off Regular

NJ
Reply #312 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 1:22pm
IT'S THEIR BEST RECORD SINCE VH 1.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #313 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 5:50pm
BILL PERKS wrote on Feb 19th, 2012 at 1:22pm:
IT'S THEIR BEST RECORD SINCE VH 1.

It's good and I'm going to the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_5n7V-r-Hw&feature=player_embedded

PERKS, they got all of this!
http://youtu.be/k29yd1I130k
« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2012 at 6:07pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #314 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 10:28pm
I do not care for VH with ever fiber of my being.

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #315 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 10:32pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Feb 21st, 2012 at 10:28pm:
I do not care for VH with ever fiber of my being.

You are a rookie at this, for I've not cared for Macca since the 60's.

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #316 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 10:43pm
Some Guy wrote on Feb 16th, 2012 at 11:18am:
HoneyBabyNellieDoll, It gets better with each listen. A few folks I've told about the record refuse to buy it because Tattoo sucked in their opinion. You can't reach some people.

Playing it in full daily.  The interview videos are great, especially this one....
http://www.vhnd.com/2012/02/21/van-halen-interviews-part-2/

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #317 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 1:26am
Here's a full version of Girl Gone Bad from Detroit last night-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=CFs6_ogxmFk

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #318 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 5:58pm
The Curious Case Of Van Halen by Bob Lefsetz

The album is FANTASTIC!

At least that’s the buzz. I may have been the only person who liked "Tattoo", but all the fanboys love the album.

But nobody’s buying it. It sold only 187,494 copies in its debut week. And it’s not lighting up the Mediabase charts either, "Tattoo" is number 26 at Active Rock and "She’s The Woman" is number 40.

But people love the album. On Amazon it’s got a four and a half star rating, which is extremely rare, even the most popular albums settle in at three and a half.

Now if you grade on a scale, "A Different Kind Of Truth" entered the chart at number two, beaten only by Adele. So, if you’re someone who enjoys rankings, you can take pleasure in this.

But the sales number is piss-poor.

In other words, the old paradigm is dead.

You know, the one that began in the SoundScan era, twenty years ago. Where your project was front-loaded, where you amped up the publicity to get a good first week number, to get retailers to stock the CD. And if you got a high number, you were on your way, if not, and you were an established act, you were dead.

But now recording income is no longer the primary revenue stream. It’s just a piece of the pie. Albums are advertisements for the tour. And based on reaction to "A Different Kind Of Truth", Van Halen will be able to tour for years to come.

In other words, if you weren’t going to go to the show, if you’re not a Van Halen fan, you can completely ignore "A Different Kind Of Truth". But amongst those who care, who’ll lay down a hundred bucks for a ticket, word is spreading, Van Halen is back.

In other words, if you’re playing to everybody, you’re wasting your time. Don’t worry about either pleasing or offending everybody, just think about satiating your core.

All the criticism has gone out the window. That the band recycled old riffs, that "Tattoo" was a disappointment. Now that everybody can hear something, opinion can change instantly.

And where you listen is Spotify.

Which is why you want to be on Spotify.

Because you want to have a chance for your music to be discovered. Word would not be spreading if everybody had to lay down in excess of ten bucks to hear "A Different Kind Of Truth". Look at that sales number, most people aren’t. But fans are ECSTATIC!

1. Focus on the music.

People thought "Tattoo" sucked, but they think the whole album is great. "Tattoo" is forgotten and now Van Halen is riding a high.

2. Don’t front-load your publicity.

It’ll only be a matter of time before you read about an established act’s momentum deep into their album cycle. Music is not movies, here for a weekend. Music is forever if done right. Think about making it that way, like you want it to last.

3. The recordings are an advertisement for what else you have to sell.

Used to be the recording was the end all and be all. Hell, labels only garnered this revenue. Now the music is only the beginning. I don’t think music should be free, but given the choice between selling an album for ten bucks plus or giving it away I’d say to go the latter route. You can’t sell tickets, you can’t sell merch if people don’t hear the music.

4. Short term thinking is dead.

Don’t think about this tour, but the two or three after it. By putting out a great album, Van Halen cemented its future business. There may not be stories in the mainstream press, but the fans know.

5. Ignore the news cycle.

It’s brief and your career is long.

6. America likes to forgive.

Well, not Chris Brown. But assuming your only offense is lousy music, great stuff can change people’s impression instantly. We’re all looking for great stuff, and there’s very little of it out there.

It’s a new game. Although Van Halen got a big check from Interscope, I don’t think the label was necessary. Larry Solters could get them publicity on his own. Dave loves to talk, news outlets love to listen. And with physical retail on its last legs, anybody can get on iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, et al.

As for radio… Van Halen’s never going to cross over to Top Forty, and that’s the only format that sells music in vast amounts.

And the band is not lighting up the Active Rock chart, which wants younger bands.

In other words, everything the label can provide, other than cash, Van Halen doesn’t need.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #319 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 11:00am
David Lee Roth and Van Halen performed at Madison Square Garden on Tuesday night.
By NATE CHINEN
Published: February 29, 2012

Of the handful of new songs that Van Halen played at Madison Square Garden on Tuesday night, one managed to sum up the spirit of the band’s reunion tour. It was “The Trouble With Never,” a typically full-throttle contraption: grinding riffs, bashing drums, deviously catchy chorus. And as David Lee Roth spat out the lyrics, it was easy to apply them obliquely to his situation in the band: years of estrangement and acrimony with the brothers Van Halen, followed by a recent strategic détente.

“Every Einstein’s assigned/A Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber,” he sang. Which was meant to be funny, and probably a little pointed. The bigger message of “The Trouble With Never,” telegraphed by its title, took aim at a certain kind of declarative vow, like those made by Eddie Van Halen over the years when people speculated about Mr. Roth’s return. Maybe that’s reading too much into the song, but at one point, after an especially ferocious guitar solo, there was also a spoken interlude over a slowed-down groove, culminating in the aside, “Selective amnesia is only a heartbeat away.”

Van Halen — with Eddie on guitar; his brother, Alex, on drums; and Eddie’s son, Wolfgang, now filling Michael Anthony’s spot on bass — has been through this sort of thing before. After parting ways with Mr. Roth in 1985, the band installed Sammy Hagar as lead singer and scored four consecutive No. 1 albums. That partnership was followed by a less charmed affiliation with Gary Cherone. The first reunion tour with Mr. Roth, about five years ago, was a commercial smash, and an effective reminder that the most committed fans still see him as the enduring face of the Van Halen franchise: its Connery, its Shatner.

What’s different this time around is the existence of a new studio release, “A Different Kind of Truth” (Interscope). The album has a respectable spark, and yet the show included only four of its tracks; on one, “China Town,” Mr. Roth momentarily forgot the lyrics. The rest of the set list consisted of well-honed nostalgia, without any trace of material from the Hagar era: selective amnesia, as the man said.

From a crowd-satiation standpoint, this was fine. The band’s center has always been Eddie Van Halen, who still deserves his exalted stature among rock guitarists; even his heavier riffs came threaded with filigree, and his solos were bold in their extravagance. The one solo that didn’t come fastened to a song, late in the show, featured not only his signature tapping technique but also a drift of cascading arpeggios, rendered beautifully strange by his finessing of a volume knob. There could have been more of this.

But then the band had a lot of songs to get through: “Runnin’ With the Devil” and “Ain’t Talkin’ ’Bout Love” as well as signature covers of “You Really Got Me” (The Kinks) and “Oh, Pretty Woman” (Roy Orbison). “Panama” was churning but precise, and “Hot for Teacher,” with its double bass drum cadence like a jack rabbit’s pulse, was urgent and galvanizing. “How ’bout a little candy from a stranger, hot stuff?” Mr. Roth ad-libbed, adding a weirdly predatory layer to the song.

Since we’re back on the subject of Mr. Roth: at 56, he continues to convey both a busy work ethic and an insistent effortlessness. Looking trim in sequins and shiny fabrics, he covered the breadth of the stage with fluid footwork, though his trademark high kick was scarce. His voice suggested a similar constriction, coming across strongest in his barking, regular-guy mid-range. In a band so heavy on virtuosity, he’s touchingly mortal.

But he’s still selling a fantasy. Halfway through “Jump,” the inevitable finale, some confetti cannons fired at the foot of the stage, and he dashed off, returning with a giant checkered flag. He waved it to and fro, signaling a crossing of the finish line. Who the winner was he didn’t say, but he looked as if he’d been waiting for that moment all night.

HFT-
http://youtu.be/eUA06n6TYlM
« Last Edit: Feb 29th, 2012 at 2:47pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #320 - Mar 6th, 2012 at 8:21am
Van Halen maintains status as rock legends at Philadelphia's Wells Fargo Center
By Joe Vallee at 5:24 am on Tuesday March 6, 2012

If you’ve ever been to a Van Halen concert, you pretty much know what you’re going to get. A workmanlike effort from no matter who is behind the microphone, extended mind-blowing solos, some jokes combined with juvenile humor for good measure, and a two-hour barrage of classic rock staples from one of rock and roll’s best all-around discographies.

Let’s face it, whether you love or hate Van Halen, chances are everyone can name at least one song each from one of their original six album’s made with David Lee Roth from 1978 to 1984. For 34 years and multiple lead singer (and now bass player) changes, Van Halen has been in the stream of public consciousness. And Monday night’s performance at Wells Fargo Center was an exact reminder of why.

Set openers Kool & the Gang were arguably the band’s best ever opener, playing their funk classics and smooth grooves such as ‘Too Hot,’ ‘Hollywood Swinging,’ ‘Get Down On It,’ and their anthemic set closer ‘Celebration.’

Van Halen followed shortly after with set opener ‘Unchained’ and ‘Runnin’ With the Devil,’ with guitar god Eddie Van Halen tearing through both songs with reckless precision.

The band wasted very little time showcasing their new material from the month-old ‘A Different Kind of Truth.’ ‘She’s the Woman’ (an old club song dating back to the 70’s) and the album’s first single ‘Tattoo’ blended well next to concert favorites ‘Everybody Wants Some,’ ‘Somebody Get Me a Doctor,’ and ‘The Full Bug’ from 1982’s Diver Down, a rarity that until recently hasn’t seen the light of day since 1983’s US Festival.

Back where he properly belongs for his second consecutive tour is David Lee Roth, whose demeanor has gone from “Squirt me one more time and I'll F$%K your girlfriend” to more of a circus ringmaster. Maintaining an ear to ear grin for most of the hour and fifty minute set, the upbeat Roth threw in some slightly comedic tempo changes (a la James Brown, which the band jumped right on) as well as some candy to the audience during ‘Hot For Teacher.’ Roth even showed a video of his sheepdogs while playing the acoustic intro to ‘Ice Cream Man’ (That is Roth playing on the original recording by the way).

Despite abandoning the Garth Brooks-like head set that was used earlier in the tour, there were times when Roth appeared to be trying too hard vocally (mainly on ‘Dance the Night Away’) as he sang (as well as talked) his way through the set. Despite the occasional vocal shortcomings however, Roth held his own on new track ‘The Trouble With Never,’ ‘Beautiful Girls,’ ‘Panama,’ ‘Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love,’ and set closer ‘Jump.’

Check out Aileen Bannon’s Exclusive Concert Photos on Facebook! And remember to ‘Like’ us!

As usual, older Van Halen sibling Van Halen (while keeping his trademark shades on for the ENTIRE show), is as steady as ever at 58 years of age. Van Halen’s kit (which included four bass drums converted into two gigantic ones) is much reminiscent of the one he used on the band’s initial 1978 tour. Alex effortlessly hammered his way through some of the sets heavier tracks like the new ‘Chinatown’ and ‘Hot for Teacher.’ The only issue was his signature drum solo, which unfortunately clocked in a little under three minutes.

There’s not much more that can be said about the genius of Eddie (and I know it sounds like I know these guys, but you can only use Van Halen SO many times in this article). I thought the point was reached where you had seen everything the 57 year-old guitarist had to offer. However, you’ll know that’s clearly not the case after you listen to ‘Truth.’ This is the best I’ve heard him play since the Van Halen III Tour in 1998, and it was pretty evident the entire show that he’s ecstatic to be out playing again. A ten-minute Eddie Van Halen solo is worth the price of admission alone. And as you’ll see below, he once again delivered

Eddie doesn’t move around quite like he used to after hip replacement surgery, but still made the occasional trips across the stage to interact with his son Wolfgang, who seems to have rejuvenated his father after joining the band. The 20-year old bassist, who looked out of sorts in his first go-round with the band in 2007, maintained a strong stage presence while surprisingly handling the departed Michael Anthony’s background vocals with occasional help from his dad. Originally, I was strongly against the decision to not bring back Anthony. However, after watching him on Monday night, Wolfgang seems to fit right in. While he has a little bit to go before he’s quite on par with Anthony’s vocal ability, you could make a strong case that if it weren’t for his influence,‘Truth’ may never have come to fruition.

Many will agree that one of several tour highlights thus far has been the diverse set list the band has chosen, and Monday’s show was no exception. Though some notable songs (‘Jamie’s Cryin’, ‘Little Guitars,’ ‘And the Cradle Will Rock’) were absent from the show, the band did a solid job of mixing in their new material with their hits as well as deep tracks (‘Girl Gone Bad,‘ ‘Hear About it Later’). In fact, some tracks are so deep that they haven’t been played since the Carter administration (‘Woman in Love’ from Van Halen II).

The energy the band maintained throughout the show was admirable. But then again, effort has never been an issue with Van Halen. Even in the band’s heyday, a practice was never missed on account of their notorious rock and roll lifestyle. And despite their history of excess, they never bit the heads off of doves, fought a heroin addiction, or found themselves (for the most part) on the wrong side of the law (No, Roth’s pot bust doesn’t count). The only thing that ever held Van Halen back was Van Halen themselves.

The biggest question that remains here is whether Roth and Eddie can get along for an extended period of time. You saw the awkward body language between Eddie and Sammy Hagar on the 2004 tour. But in the early stages of this trek, their seems to be goodwill towards all. Despite their volatile history, Roth and Eddie both realize at this stage of the game that they need each other to bring out the best in themselves. Eddie has survived cancer and (for now) his issues with alcohol. If he can coexist with Roth on even the most civil level, there’s no reason why Van Halen can’t keep this thing going for a little while longer.

After all, everybody loves a party. And despite being a bit older and not as flashy, Van Halen showed Monday that they can still blow almost any band off the stage on any given night. And now that they’ve got some momentum (as well as a bit of youth), they could actually make this ride last after years of lost time.

Set List

Unchained
Runnin' With the Devil
She's The Woman
The Full Bug
Tattoo
Everybody Wants Some!!
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
China Town
Hear About It Later
(Oh) Pretty Woman
Alex Van Halen Drum Solo
You Really Got Me
The Trouble with Never
Dance The Night Away
I'll Wait
Hot For Teacher
Women In Love
Girl Gone Bad
Beautiful Girls
Ice Cream Man
Panama
Eddie Van Halen Guitar Solo
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Jump

the full bug- http://youtu.be/r1BAC1Ka8mI

Contact Joe Vallee at [email protected]
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2012 at 8:48am by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #321 - Mar 6th, 2012 at 2:01pm
When was the last time you heard something for the first time?

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #322 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 5:21pm

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #323 - Mar 16th, 2012 at 7:09am
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Mar 15th, 2012 at 5:21pm:

atta boy Dave

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #324 - Mar 26th, 2012 at 10:55am
Hey guys ~ here's my review of the AC show.  I snagged a $150 ticket for $40 outside the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City on Saturday night. I loved the show, it rocked my ass! I was just so happy to hear RUNNIN' WITH THE DEVIL since I got no love to call real, and I aint got nobody waiting at home. That line rings true and when you are alone in AC there is pleny of devil-playing available, but thats a good thing! Not so sure if little Wolfy Van Halen on the bass was as great as Michael Anthony, but he did good. Eddie Van Halen shreads a guitar ike no other, he sent chills up my spine!  The stage was basic, only a drum kit, mike stand, and 2 sets of speakers. The band has no back up singers or instruments, its just the 4 of them on stage, rockin it. David Lee Roth was unbelievable, his voice was loud and raw, kicking his legs up higher than the Rockettes at Radio CIty!  What a show! Totally on fire! Loved hearing TATOO, some songs off the new CD along with the classic VH songs, which never go out of style. Worth my forty bucks, but the $175 sections were empty, all ticket prices of upward of $150 were empty, so there is a price point. This was a men's crowd, the Men's Room had a line around the door, and the Ladies Room didnt!  The show was just about 2 hours long, and the opening act was Kool & The Gang, who brought the retro, disco-funk. They were cool too.

1.Unchained
2.Runnin' With the Devil
3.She's the Woman
4.The Full Bug
5.Tattoo
6.Everybody Wants Some!!
7.Somebody Get Me a Doctor
8.China Town
9.Hear About It Later
10.Oh, Pretty Woman
(Roy Orbison cover)
11.Drum Solo
12.You Really Got Me (The Kinks cover)
13.The Trouble with Never
14.Dance the Night Away
15.I'll Wait
16.Hot for Teacher
17.Women In Love
18.Outta Love Again
19.Beautiful Girls
20.Ice Cream Man (John Brim cover)
21.Panama
22.Guitar Solo (Including "Eruption" and "Cathedral")
23.Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
24.Jump

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 23
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)