Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 106
Send Topic Print
The "All Ronnie" thread (Read 186,463 times)
Boomy
Rocks Off Regular

Indiana
Re: Interesting Ronnie Article (+ tour info) - UPD
Reply #300 - Jan 5th, 2010 at 12:40pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
This news makes me weep like Joey when the TP runs out....

IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Paris, France
Reply #301 - Jan 5th, 2010 at 1:05pm
Jesus Christ wrote on Jan 5th, 2010 at 12:31pm:
Anybody remember the first news we heard about the B2B Tour?  It was a press announcement that the Stones would definitely NOT tour in 1997.

I can't though I followed that rather closely, I remember the LA Times article that disclosed most of the titles of B2B, in May I think, or was it March, also remember the "Blessed Poison" working title, those were the days...maybe we need a "1997 : The year of B2B" to brighten our day !

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #302 - Jan 5th, 2010 at 2:04pm
Anybody remember the first news we heard about the B2B Tour?  It was a press announcement that the Stones would definitely NOT tour in 1997.

Not quite how I remember it.  One of their PA's jumped the gun a bit and then Jane Rose had a bit of a shitfit. The difference was that until yesterday's announcement, no one in the Stones organisation had actually 'confirmed' a tour was going to happen in 2010. Doherty did mention after the denial of the 'Charlie Quits' story that they were planning on a tour that would commemorate their 50th anniversary though.

From IORR News :

16-Dec-96: Stones tour in 1997
It's now confirmed by Stones PR official Bernard Doherty. The Rolling Stones will start touring next summer. The tour will start off in America as usual, as they will play about 70 concerts there, before they most probably go on to the rest of the world.

I'm quite sure they will go to Argentina and Brazil, for many shows, as well as Far East, being skipped last time around. The date of when they start, or the format, is yet unknown. My estimated guess is they will do interesting places like Madison Square Garden, may be both "small" and big shows, like in London and Paris 1995. I say "small", because MSG actually holds 18,000 people; really great place.

PS. The 1997 tour news was already in IORR 27, which mailed out last week to subscribers, see:
PPS. Yes, there will be a new studio album as well. Mick and Keith has already done basic song writing. Release summmer of 1997, before the tour starts.

Three days later, the tour information, as leaked out by Mick's P.R. contact, was denied by Jane Rose, P.R. agent for Keith Richards. There may be a P.R. dispute within the Stones, but still, they do work on an album, and an album always comes with a tour...

« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2010 at 2:05pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

luxury
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #303 - Jan 5th, 2010 at 2:24pm
whatever happened to the "Rolling Stones Withstand blah, blah,blah..."??

I am kinda incredulous that the Stones camp believed it needed to issue any kind of statement in the wake of this twit mouthing off.  Ignore her and she will eventually slough off.

&&

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #304 - Jan 5th, 2010 at 3:01pm

Pollstar has affixed a name to the source of yesterday's press release - Rogers & Cowan (read: Fran Curtis)

No Stones In 2010

Posted on Tuesday January 5, 2010 at 10:01 AM

The message was short, sweet and to the point. Despite rumors claiming The Rolling Stones would tour in 2010, the band’s publicist says it just isn’t going to happen.

From public relations company Rogers & Cowan:

“Following recent UK media speculation, The Rolling Stones would like to make it clear, there are no plans at the moment for the band to tour in 2010.”

Tour rumors are a frequent topic in London tabloids. During the past few years the same media outlets have claimed The Kinks, Pink Floyd and even Led Zeppelin were planning to hit the reunion trail to rock fans once more. Of course, Zeppelin fanned those flames with the one-off performance at London’s O2 in 2007 even though the band stated it had no plans to take the show on the road.

www.pollstar.com/blogs/news

IP Logged

ijwthstd
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #305 - Jan 5th, 2010 at 3:07pm
Gazza wrote on Jan 5th, 2010 at 2:04pm:

Not quite how I remember it.  One of their PA's jumped the gun a bit and then Jane Rose had a bit of a shitfit. The difference was that until yesterday's announcement, no one in the Stones organisation had actually 'confirmed' a tour was going to happen in 2010. Doherty did mention after the denial of the 'Charlie Quits' story that they were planning on a tour that would commemorate their 50th anniversary though.

From IORR News :

16-Dec-96: Stones tour in 1997
It's now confirmed by Stones PR official Bernard Doherty. The Rolling Stones will start touring next summer. The tour will start off in America as usual, as they will play about 70 concerts there, before they most probably go on to the rest of the world.

I'm quite sure they will go to Argentina and Brazil, for many shows, as well as Far East, being skipped last time around. The date of when they start, or the format, is yet unknown. My estimated guess is they will do interesting places like Madison Square Garden, may be both "small" and big shows, like in London and Paris 1995. I say "small", because MSG actually holds 18,000 people; really great place.

PS. The 1997 tour news was already in IORR 27, which mailed out last week to subscribers, see:
PPS. Yes, there will be a new studio album as well. Mick and Keith has already done basic song writing. Release summmer of 1997, before the tour starts.

Three days later, the tour information, as leaked out by Mick's P.R. contact, was denied by Jane Rose, P.R. agent for Keith Richards. There may be a P.R. dispute within the Stones, but still, they do work on an album, and an album always comes with a tour...

Quit bickering and focus on making the sure the bridge will be ready in time.

"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest.&&&&http://www.soundcloud.com/thesameoldsauce
TotallyRandomDan  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #306 - Jan 5th, 2010 at 3:12pm
Mel Belli wrote on Jan 5th, 2010 at 12:15pm:
Well, if this isn't the perfect time to get the Winos back together, I don't know what it. Or else we could only conclude that Keith prefers retirement and/or the easy joyride of mega-Stones.

Keith's had plenty of opportunities in the last 17 years to work with the Winos and hasnt taken them.

He pretty much ceased all activity in the Stones downtime from 1999-2002, and the last couple of years have been equally as unproductive.

For someone who likes to talk about what a kick he gets from playing live, his performing activity outside of the Stones 'bubble' since 1993 has been almost non existent.

I think your conclusion is probably spot-on, unfortunately. Can't really blame him in many ways - he's actually become the most invisible of all the band members in the last couple of years.

Last two tour legs he wasnt singing AND playing at the same time, probably as a result of his medical condition. Whilst he can get away with that when playing behind Mick Jagger for all but two songs every show, thats a world away from what would be expected from him if fronting a band where he's not only the lead singer but the main guitar player. Unless of course his condition has improved since 2007.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #307 - Jan 5th, 2010 at 3:24pm
It is time for them to get on and enjoy the later years of life and what not... oh...

and

Open the vaults motherfuckers!!!!

IP Logged

SweetVirginia
Rocks Off Regular

I know it's only rock
'n roll but I like it

NY
Reply #308 - Jan 5th, 2010 at 3:45pm
At this point it seems they would prefer opening the vaults to actually writing and recording new material. Mick will do all the work on the vault material.

I'm very disappointed in Ronnie's self-destructive and childish behavior. We don't know, however, if he has actually delayed the tour. We were hearing last year that they would make a Fall 2010 tour announcement in NYC, with the bulk of the dates to be played in 2011. Recently the rumors changed to an April 2010 announcement and headlining Glastonbury. Maybe that was never actually on the table.

I will continue to hope for 2011.....what else can we do?

...&&&&&&

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #309 - Jan 5th, 2010 at 3:58pm
" I will continue to hope for 2011.....what else can we do?  "

... !!!!

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #310 - Jan 5th, 2010 at 4:06pm
Ya gotta figure it was the bottle of Vodka Ronnie had for lunch with Mick that closed the door. Or maybe the will to rev up the engine just isnt there right now (or anymore?). That Sophia Loren tune better rock thats all I say!

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #311 - Jan 5th, 2010 at 4:12pm
SweetVirginia wrote on Jan 5th, 2010 at 3:45pm:
At this point it seems they would prefer opening the vaults to actually writing and recording new material. Mick will do all the work on the vault material.

I'm very disappointed in Ronnie's self-destructive and childish behavior. We don't know, however, if he has actually delayed the tour. We were hearing last year that they would make a Fall 2010 tour announcement in NYC, with the bulk of the dates to be played in 2011. Recently the rumors changed to an April 2010 announcement and headlining Glastonbury. Maybe that was never actually on the table.

Always thought the Glastonbury rumour plus anything that suggested shows as early as June was utterly ludicrous, myself. Never believed it for a second.

I dont recall the 'fall 2010 announcement/shows in 2011' rumour myself. However, maybe thats what it'll end up being, after all. If they're going to tour, I honestly dont expect it to a one year delay. I really think its a matter of a few months. They did have plans to tour and its really a case of plans being derailed for a few months until they have enough time to get the band in sufficently good health AND to give them enough time to finish a record.

Just an educated guess on my part, but the wording of this statement reads to me that they're making sure Ronnie gets PROPER rehab this time and sticks to it - none of this 2-3 weeks bollocks. Last chance saloon for him if he fucks THIS one up IMO. Give him a few months to get himself shipshape and then finish a record and prepare for a tour.

... ... ...
IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #312 - Jan 5th, 2010 at 4:15pm

Amen sista!

But their time clocks a tickin.....

"Sophia Loren" is looking mighty good at this point...

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #313 - Jan 5th, 2010 at 4:19pm
PartyDoll MEG wrote on Jan 5th, 2010 at 4:15pm:

Amen sista!

Sophia has always looked mighty good!

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #314 - Jan 5th, 2010 at 4:23pm
PartyDoll MEG wrote on Jan 5th, 2010 at 4:15pm:
Amen sista!

If the 1971 song Sophia Loren is anything like the 1971 version of Sophia herself, it'll be pretty much close to perfection!

... ... ...
IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #315 - Jan 5th, 2010 at 4:44pm
Gazza wrote on Jan 5th, 2010 at 4:12pm:
I really think its a matter of a few months. They did have plans to tour and its really a case of plans being derailed for a few months until they have enough time to get the band in sufficently good health AND to give them enough time to finish a record.

Logistics for a tour on the Stones' scale is no small thing.
A few months delay likely means that StonesCo is still working feverishly.

Staging, sound and light crews that were available might not be then, venues that had dates held could release them, tour routing could be impacted...

Whatever the current circumstances, I'm hoping to see The World's Greatest Rock & Roll Band sooner rather than later.
« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2010 at 4:51pm by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

axl79
Rocks Off Regular

Stockholm, Sweden
Reply #316 - Jan 5th, 2010 at 5:12pm
A tour will be for sure. And it's has to be quite soon, Or they will need "steel wheel chairs" on stage   Are you fucking serious?
Question is only when and if Roniie is on it. Ouch!

Stoned in Sweden

IP Logged

SweetVirginia
Rocks Off Regular

I know it's only rock
'n roll but I like it

NY
Reply #317 - Jan 5th, 2010 at 5:19pm

I dont recall the 'fall 2010 announcement/shows in 2011' rumour myself. However, maybe thats what it'll end up being, after all.

There was some excitement about them seeking a permit for a media event in Prospect Park in Brooklyn for sometime at the end of August or early September 2010. I don't know how valid that rumor was.

...&&&&&&

IP Logged

ijwthstd
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #318 - Jan 5th, 2010 at 5:23pm
left shoe shuffle wrote on Jan 5th, 2010 at 4:44pm:
I really think its a matter of a few months. They did have plans to tour and its really a case of plans being derailed for a few months until they have enough time to get the band in sufficently good health AND to give them enough time to finish a record.

Logistics for a tour on the Stones' scale is no small thing.
A few months delay likely means that StonesCo is still working feverishly.

Staging, sound and light crews that were available might not be then, venues that had dates held could release them, tour routing could be impacted...

Whatever the current circumstances, I'm hoping to see The World's Greatest Rock & Roll Band sooner rather than later.

I doubt the routing itself is quite as complicated as most other tours seeing they will be only doing 2 - 3 shows a week. That allows for plenty of wiggle room.

"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest.&&&&http://www.soundcloud.com/thesameoldsauce
TotallyRandomDan  
IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #319 - Jan 5th, 2010 at 5:24pm
SweetVirginia wrote on Jan 5th, 2010 at 5:19pm:
There was some excitement about them seeking a permit for a media event in Prospect Park in Brooklyn for sometime at the end of August or early September 2010. I don't know how valid that rumor was.

Bill German mentioned May 2010 in a November post at www.beggarsbanquetonline.com
« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2010 at 5:28pm by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #320 - Jan 5th, 2010 at 6:01pm
announcing not doing something... this speaks volumes for how they feel about Ronnie as a bandmate and as a friend... I just hope we get a Some gilrs deluxe by years end...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #321 - Jan 5th, 2010 at 6:12pm
" Whatever the current circumstances, I'm hoping to see The World's Greatest Rock & Roll Band sooner rather than later "

Great Postin ' !!!!

I would like to nuzzle you .

" Hit Me Ronnie ! "

Joe Sea Scroll !!!!!

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #322 - Jan 5th, 2010 at 6:18pm
OK..No tour?  Lets plan regional summits anyway? We need to keep the faith and the party's rockin regardless. Ya'll in???

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #323 - Jan 5th, 2010 at 6:47pm
axl79 wrote on Jan 5th, 2010 at 5:12pm:
A tour will be for sure. And it's has to be quite soon, Or they will need "steel wheel chairs" on stage   Are you fucking serious?
Question is only when and if Roniie is on it. Ouch!

I loathe late night talk shows for the "steel wheelchair" comments.

"slide your body, girl, right across the floor..do the Southside Shuffle..."Southside Shuffle-Mighty J Geils Band

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #324 - Jan 5th, 2010 at 6:59pm
Pdog wrote on Jan 5th, 2010 at 6:01pm:
announcing not doing something... this speaks volumes for how they feel about Ronnie as a bandmate and as a friend... I just hope we get a Some gilrs deluxe by years end...

Yeah a dj on KFOG just said after playing a Led Zeppelin song tjat he hasn't heard any announcemnets that they won't tour this year. The mocking of the non-tour announcment has begun. Blank Frigging Stare

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 106
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)