Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Lick to watch full show! with thanks to George García/Rolling Stones Archive and ROgerriffin for heads up
State Farm Stadium, Glendale, Arizona - May 7, 2024 / Pic © Jini Sachse (Sweet Virginia)

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Forty . . . (Read 2,891 times)
Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Re: Forty . . .
Reply #25 - Jul 8th, 2009 at 2:40pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
" Don't let Platter see that. "

... !!!

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

StPeteStone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Madeira Beach, Florida
Reply #26 - Jul 8th, 2009 at 2:46pm
Bingo wrote on Jul 8th, 2009 at 1:55pm:
lotsajizz wrote on Jul 8th, 2009 at 7:08am:
45 ain't so bad.....

A 45, 40...yeah, I'm ghetto.  Smiley

You beat me to that one Bingo!  I no longer remember how to upload pics to my photobucket.

Now I don't mind choppin' wood, and I don't care if ma money's no good. Ya take what ya need and ya leave the rest, But they should never have taken the very best.
&&...&&...&&...

IP Logged

jostorm
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #27 - Jul 10th, 2009 at 3:20pm
I remember saying at 16 that I would never reach 40 because I'd rather commit suicide than become that decrepit.

Now I'm 51 and I have to say that, if I had to choose one age that I was allowed to stay at forever, it would definitely be 40. 51 is ok, don't get me wrong, but I just loved being forty. At 20 life was still too full of angst, at 30 I was sort of getting there, but not quite yet. At 40 I knew exactly who I was, and more importantly I liked who I was, I knew what I wanted, I knew what I would not put up with under any circumstances, I had achieved most goals in life, I had a beautiful, healthy daughter, I had a partner I knew I'd spend the rest of my days with, I couldn't climb any higher in my profession and (GET THIS ONE, GORDA) I was at my sexual peak. Life truly begins at 40, Gorda, it's not just a saying!

IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #28 - Jul 11th, 2009 at 11:04am
Please stop trying to "cheer" me up!

Let me "enjoy" being depressed!

P.S.  I would never, ever do "that"!

IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #29 - Jul 13th, 2009 at 10:29am
jostorm wrote on Jul 10th, 2009 at 3:20pm:
I remember saying at 16 that I would never reach 40 because I'd rather commit suicide than become that decrepit.

Now I'm 51 and I have to say that, if I had to choose one age that I was allowed to stay at forever, it would definitely be 40. 51 is ok, don't get me wrong, but I just loved being forty. At 20 life was still too full of angst, at 30 I was sort of getting there, but not quite yet. At 40 I knew exactly who I was, and more importantly I liked who I was, I knew what I wanted, I knew what I would not put up with under any circumstances, I had achieved most goals in life, I had a beautiful, healthy daughter, I had a partner I knew I'd spend the rest of my days with, I couldn't climb any higher in my profession and (GET THIS ONE, GORDA) I was at my sexual peak. Life truly begins at 40, Gorda, it's not just a saying!

If I had all those things, I would be happy, too!

Duh!

P.S.  Do me a favor, don't ever sign up to be a counselor, because you suck at it.

IP Logged

platter
Ex Member

Reply #30 - Jul 13th, 2009 at 6:13pm
gorda sounds bitter

Retarded post

IP Logged

jostorm
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #31 - Jul 14th, 2009 at 6:16am
gorda wrote on Jul 13th, 2009 at 10:29am:
jostorm wrote on Jul 10th, 2009 at 3:20pm:

If I had all those things, I would be happy, too!

Duh!

P.S.  Do me a favor, don't ever sign up to be a counselor, because you suck at it.

Well, Gorda, it wasn't my intention at all to depress you any further, quite the opposite, but if I did I am truly sorry and apologise unreservedly!

Jo

IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #32 - Jul 14th, 2009 at 12:50pm
Quote:
gorda sounds bitter

Retarded post

No S--t Sherlock!

It took you how long to figure that one out?

You must be a f--ken damn Einstein or something!

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #33 - Jul 15th, 2009 at 9:17pm
Age is just a number! Do yourself a favor and be thankful you if you make it to 40 and beyond, coz life gets sweeter with age, like fine wine!

IP Logged

SweetVirginia
Rocks Off Regular

I know it's only rock
'n roll but I like it

NY
Reply #34 - Jul 16th, 2009 at 1:16pm
jostorm wrote on Jul 14th, 2009 at 6:16am:
[quote author=gorda link=1246983603/25#29 date=1247498991]

Well, Gorda, it wasn't my intention at all to depress you any further, quite the opposite, but if I did I am truly sorry and apologise unreservedly!

Jo

Note to self: Spend a lot more time with Jo on the upcoming tour than with Gorda
...and not just because of the brownies!

...&&&&&&

IP Logged

glen759
Rocks Off Regular

cheltenham
Reply #35 - Jul 16th, 2009 at 1:34pm
I am with Bitch and SV on this one and would like to add that Life is a journey, not a destination. Let's go get drunk

it's good to be here.....

IP Logged

LanternHigh
Rocks Off Regular

Italy
Reply #36 - Aug 4th, 2009 at 6:49am
Shut the fuck up now
Gorda.. you're more than fifty.. donot tell us lies as you are used do!
I know you damned as well! In all these years who Iam enfoced to see and stand you.....(!!!!!!!!!!!)

I say twice: I'm not so younger, but my life isn't so bad, and I myself donot look so bad too.

More one goes on and more can live better as because he/she experience.. and cause one shall learn how to live in the mid of the society/people or morover..

Are more than 5 years I see your posts..
Now, shut UP!
Why you don't talk about music, or I donot know? Something of intersting for us all? really? So long sucker

...&&...
https://www.facebook.com/  
IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLLING
STONES

A Dutchy in Marseille, France
Reply #37 - Aug 4th, 2009 at 8:54am
this threat depresses me more than those big enough remixes...  Oh no! not you again

Let the Good times Rolling Stones! - Proud member of Rocks off since 2001 ...

IP Logged

Ade
Rocks Off Regular

What's Occuring?

London, U.K
Reply #38 - Aug 4th, 2009 at 9:26am
Joey?

...&&...&&&&...&&
IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #39 - Aug 4th, 2009 at 3:22pm

Join the board two days ago, dig up a buried thread and rip the OP.

Nice...

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #40 - Aug 4th, 2009 at 3:29pm
left shoe shuffle wrote on Aug 4th, 2009 at 3:22pm:
Join the board two days ago, dig up a buried thread and rip the OP.

Nice...

Reading in between the broken english. It seems they may have a history from another board Shit!

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Brainbell Jangler
Rocks Off Regular

Portland, OR
Reply #41 - Aug 4th, 2009 at 3:38pm
Bummer, man.  I thought this thread was going to be about the upcoming 40th anniversary of Woodstock.

"The ROLLING STONES are more than just a group--they are a way of life."--Andrew Loog Oldham

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Re: Woodstock 40
Reply #42 - Aug 4th, 2009 at 7:15pm

Woodstock Promoter Lang Drops Plans for 40th Anniversary Concert

Woodstock promoter Michael Lang has dropped plans for a 40th anniversary concert. Asked why he abandoned the pursuit for a third anniversary concert celebrating the Woodstock Music and Art Fair, Lang simply told Rolling Stone, “Money. No sponsors.”

Lang, one of the four partners to stage Woodstock in 1969, had wanted to hold a free concert in Brooklyn’s Prospect Park to coincide with the anniversary in mid-August. Those plans were postponed after he failed to find sponsors to cover the $8-$10 million cost. He then turned his attention to the end of September and had hoped to hold the concert in conjunction with Climate Week, which is set for September 20-26th and is part of the international Seal the Deal! Campaign. This effort, according to a United Nations Website, is pushing governments scheduled to meet at COP 15, in Copenhagen this December, to agree on a sustainable climate change pact and promote an international green economy. Lang had wanted to make any Woodstock anniversary concert as green as possible.

“It would have been a big boost for the issue,” he said of the concert.

Lang, however, remains busy with Woodstock-related projects. On August 8th, he will join Academy Award-winning director Ang Lee and screenwriter/producer James Schamus in Woodstock, New York, for an advance screening of the comedy Taking Woodstock, which hits theaters August 28th. The film, directed by Lee, with screenplay by Schamus, is based on a book written by Elliot Tiber, who along with his parents ran a motel in Bethel during the Woodstock festival.

On Friday, August 14th, VH1 will air Woodstock: Now & Then, a documentary directed by Academy Award winner Barbara Kopple that Lang executive produced. The History Channel will show Woodstock: Now & Then on August 17th.

And on August 23rd at Belleayre Mountain, just west of Woodstock, Lang will co-present Kidstock, with a “Tribute to Woodstock” by young musicians from Paul Green’s School of Rock, the inspiration for the Jack Black movie.

« Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2009 at 7:17pm by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

LanternHigh
Rocks Off Regular

Italy
Re: Woodstock 40
Reply #43 - Aug 5th, 2009 at 6:10am
left shoe shuffle wrote on Aug 4th, 2009 at 7:15pm:
Woodstock Promoter Lang Drops Plans for 40th Anniversary Concert

Woodstock promoter Michael Lang has dropped plans for a 40th anniversary concert. Asked why he abandoned the pursuit for a third anniversary concert celebrating the Woodstock Music and Art Fair, Lang simply told Rolling Stone, “Money. No sponsors.”

Lang, one of the four partners to stage Woodstock in 1969, had wanted to hold a free concert in Brooklyn’s Prospect Park to coincide with the anniversary in mid-August. Those plans were postponed after he failed to find sponsors to cover the $8-$10 million cost. He then turned his attention to the end of September and had hoped to hold the concert in conjunction with Climate Week, which is set for September 20-26th and is part of the international Seal the Deal! Campaign. This effort, according to a United Nations Website, is pushing governments scheduled to meet at COP 15, in Copenhagen this December, to agree on a sustainable climate change pact and promote an international green economy. Lang had wanted to make any Woodstock anniversary concert as green as possible.

“It would have been a big boost for the issue,” he said of the concert.

Lang, however, remains busy with Woodstock-related projects. On August 8th, he will join Academy Award-winning director Ang Lee and screenwriter/producer James Schamus in Woodstock, New York, for an advance screening of the comedy Taking Woodstock, which hits theaters August 28th. The film, directed by Lee, with screenplay by Schamus, is based on a book written by Elliot Tiber, who along with his parents ran a motel in Bethel during the Woodstock festival.

On Friday, August 14th, VH1 will air Woodstock: Now & Then, a documentary directed by Academy Award winner Barbara Kopple that Lang executive produced. The History Channel will show Woodstock: Now & Then on August 17th.

And on August 23rd at Belleayre Mountain, just west of Woodstock, Lang will co-present Kidstock, with a “Tribute to Woodstock” by young musicians from Paul Green’s School of Rock, the inspiration for the Jack Black movie.

this is the thread, I would read.
I'll not say no one word ever about the depression or so.
It belong to another board.
Time to stay in silence
and IMO teach me more English.. so I will donot wrong.
Ok?
Cheers will ya 2

...&&...
https://www.facebook.com/  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)