Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Live Nation Cuts Service Fees In Major Summer Tick (Read 2,150 times)
Lazy Bones
Rocks Off Regular

Canada
Live Nation Cuts Service Fees In Major Summer Tick
Jun 1st, 2009 at 9:02am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Live Nation Cuts Service Fees In Major Summer Ticket Promotion

June 01, 2009 01:03 AM ET
Ray Waddell, Nashville

Live Nation will eliminate service fees on more than five million lawn tickets and hundreds of concerts for its amphitheaters in a one-day promotion June 3.  The 24 hour sales event is being billed as the biggest ticket promotion ever, which would be hard to dispute.

"No Service Fee Wednesdays," begins June 3 at 12:01 a.m., offering fans some of the lowest prices of the summer with no ticket service fees on any LiveNation.com-ticketed amphitheater show, and only at LiveNation.com. A source at Live Nation says service fees typically average about one third of the total ticket cost.

Throughout the rest of the summer, Live Nation will offer a variety of "No Service Fee Wednesdays" specials at LiveNation.com. This promotion is not valid in combination with other special pricing offers and is subject to availability. Tickets without service fees are available at all Live Nation-ticketed amphitheaters for concerts including blink-182, Coldplay, No Doubt, Nickelback, Depeche Mode, Toby Keith, Brad Paisley, Crue Fest, Def Leppard/Poison/Cheap Trick, Kid Rock/Lynyrd Skynyrd, Phish, Nine Inch Nails/Jane's Addition, the Dead, Rascal Flatts, and many others.

Live Nation has already been tackling the issue of service fees with its in-house ticketing operation launched at the beginning of this year. "We know the fan has been frustrated by the series of successive fees in the purchase process," Live Nation Ticketing CEO Nathan Hubbard tells Billboard.com. "There is attrition in the sales flow once you see your third page with some additional fees. The fan told us they just want to know up front how much the cost of the experience is going to be. We didn’t address that problem completely, but the first step was moving from fan's paying a service fee, you might pay a shipping and handling fee, maybe a print-at-home fee, delivery fee, etc, to consolidating it into a single up-front fee that is there as you cart your inventory."

Hubbard says Live Nation Ticketing has sold more than five million tickets since launching in January.

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Re: Live Nation Cuts Service Fees In Major Summer
Reply #1 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 9:24am
just a one day gimmick

were still being hit with ridiculous service fees for the 364 other days of the year

"On saturday night we dont go home&&We bacchanal, there aint no dawn"&&&&...&&&&

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #2 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 9:30am
I would suggest a boycott of that day...just to tell them what they can do w/ those svc charges the rest of the year!!!

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #3 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 9:33am
Paranoid Android wrote on Jun 1st, 2009 at 9:30am:
I would suggest a boycott of that day...just to tell them what they can do w/ those svc charges the rest of the year!!!

was anyone here actually planning on buying lawn tix to any of these bands?

".... blink-182, Coldplay, No Doubt, Nickelback, Depeche Mode, Toby Keith, Brad Paisley, Crue Fest, Def Leppard/Poison/Cheap Trick, Kid Rock/Lynyrd Skynyrd, Phish, Nine Inch Nails/Jane's Addition, the Dead, Rascal Flatts"

"On saturday night we dont go home&&We bacchanal, there aint no dawn"&&&&...&&&&

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #4 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 10:18am
Saint Sway wrote on Jun 1st, 2009 at 9:33am:

".... blink-182, Coldplay, No Doubt, Nickelback, Depeche Mode, Toby Keith, Brad Paisley, Crue Fest, Def Leppard/Poison/Cheap Trick, Kid Rock/Lynyrd Skynyrd, Phish, Nine Inch Nails/Jane's Addition, the Dead, Rascal Flatts"

Nope..as a matter of fact if most of them played in my back yard...I'd close the curtains.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Lazy Bones
Rocks Off Regular

Canada
Reply #5 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 10:35am
we can't expect LN to 'struggle' too much, now can we?

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #6 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 3:37pm
Thanks for the heads up. I'll login and check it out, some of these venues are cheap to begin with so it might be worth it. Depends on the price, everything has it's price-point, which is why they are doing this promotion ~ people say it's just not worth going, for a high price we say 'no thanks'. It's an incentive.

IP Logged

Jumping Jack
Rocks Off Regular

Atlanta
Reply #7 - Jun 2nd, 2009 at 4:09am
The parking, beer, hot dog, and t-shirt sales must be way off.  Gotta get the suckers in the door any way you can.

Just say NO to LN.  Buy at half price in the parking lot.

IP Logged

ijwthstd
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #8 - Jun 2nd, 2009 at 1:56pm
The last time I bought lawn was in 2003, $10 pairs from "GetAccess" on Ebay. These tickets must be moving especially slow this year. I might want to see at least one Aerosmith show as cheap as possible but I will also have to wait and see what the setlist is going to be.

Last year I was able to get loads of free lawn tickets for all sorts of shows until being notified by Live Nation that the tickets are going to be cancelled unless I could call them back with a promo code. Even my mom's dog was getting concert tickets in the mail last year.

"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest.&&&&http://www.soundcloud.com/thesameoldsauce
TotallyRandomDan  
IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #9 - Jun 2nd, 2009 at 3:15pm
Jumping Jack wrote on Jun 2nd, 2009 at 4:09am:
Just say NO to LN.  Buy at half price in the parking lot.

somebody still has to buy the tix off of LN for you to be able to buy them in the lot

in that scenario, LN doesnt lose out at all. Just the poor guy that has to sell his extras in the lot for half price and eat the fees

IP Logged

ijwthstd
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #10 - Jun 2nd, 2009 at 3:39pm
Saint Sway wrote on Jun 2nd, 2009 at 3:15pm:
Jumping Jack wrote on Jun 2nd, 2009 at 4:09am:
Just say NO to LN.  Buy at half price in the parking lot.

somebody still has to buy the tix off of LN for you to be able to buy them in the lot

Not always. I usually don't think of whatever the selling party paid for them but some of my recent bargain purchases were for obvious comp tickets. In that case, it's win/win, I get in for cheap and the other person has beer money.

"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest.&&&&http://www.soundcloud.com/thesameoldsauce
TotallyRandomDan  
IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #11 - Jun 2nd, 2009 at 3:46pm
so this mean parking lot tickets will be at blowout rock bottom prices!!! I'm all for the boycott... just do not buy from them. There is no show you won't get into if you show up, 99% of the time! Unless you're going in a big grou, and want to be in the same spot... other wise pairs galore...

IP Logged

ijwthstd
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #12 - Jun 2nd, 2009 at 3:56pm
Pdog wrote on Jun 2nd, 2009 at 3:46pm:
so this mean parking lot tickets will be at blowout rock bottom prices!!! I'm all for the boycott... just do not buy from them. There is no show you won't get into if you show up, 99% of the time! Unless you're going in a big grou, and want to be in the same spot... other wise pairs galore...

Live Nation is also selling loads of discount 4 packs, which really turns the fans into surrogate ticket agents. They buy the 4 tickets for the discount then try to get other people aboard. I was able to get a 4 pack ticket for the Prodigy at the Palladium last week for $10.

TotallyRandomDan  
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #13 - Jun 2nd, 2009 at 10:34pm
Saint Sway wrote on Jun 1st, 2009 at 9:33am:

personally speaking...the answer is NO...at least not in advance...if i had the day off...and the weather was fine...and a venue close...I might be tempted to grab a buddy and a six pack and go shopping in the lot or find a "day of" sale at the BO...

I was suggesting just to boycott the sale and tell them that we aren't falling for their BS  tactics

IP Logged

Lazy Bones
Rocks Off Regular

Canada
Reply #14 - Jun 4th, 2009 at 10:21am
Live Nation’s “No Service Fee Wednesday” Puzzles Buyers

Live Nation’s No Service Fee Wednesdays promotion has come under fire after buyers discovered that some tickets purchased today would in fact carry some Parking, Facility or Charity fees, CNN reports. Today’s No Fee promotion was supposed to offer lawn seats to every Live Nation tour without extra add-ons; typical fees tack on an average of $13 per ticket.

Many shows under the promotion’s umbrella include a $6 parking fee per ticket, a cost that is added to every ticket regardless of the buyer’s plans to drive to the venue. “We eliminated all ticket service fees, which in most cases is about a one-third discount, a substantial savings for fans by any measure,” Live Nation spokesperson John Vlautin told Rock Daily, adding that the promotion overall has received positive feedback from consumers. Vlautin, who also said that advance parking fees help alleviate back-ups at venues (where money is collected by hand), said Live Nation receives the parking fees from concerts at their own venues.

The parking charge puzzled some Live Nation customers today, but Blink-182 fans purchasing tickets to the band’s summer reunion tour faced some seriously confounding options. When Blink-182 announced the trek, the band and Live Nation revealed that lawn tickets would only cost $20. However, when tickets went on sale this past weekend, fans purchasing tix to certain shows encountered an option to buy $20 Lawn tickets or $7.75 Lawn Special tickets — Live Nation did not specify any differences between the options, like whether Lawn Special was obstructed or farther from the stage. As a result, some fans purchased the previously advertised $20 Lawn seats, only to discover that those tickets carried an additional $15 in service fees.

In actuality, Lawn and Lawn Special were the same thing, and it was the $7.75 ticket — after service fees — that was the $20 ticket. According to Vlautin, both options were listed so fans wouldn’t think the lawn seats were entirely sold out if the $20 tickets got snatched up quickly. Vlautin recommends that anybody who accidentally purchased the $20 plus fees Lawn tickets instead of the actual Lawn Special “all-in” tickets should contact Customer Service.

No Fee Wednesday tickets are being sold for the Blink shows as well. At some venues, like West Palm Beach, Florida’s Cruzan Amphitheatre, these No Fee tickets come out to $26 after the $6 parking charge, which is still more than the $7.75 “all-in” ticket price of $20 after fees. In short, Blink tickets are more expensive through the No Fee promotion — which is being heavily featured on the Live Nation Blink tour page — than they are at the regular “all-in” price. Vlautin encourages buyers to compare the ticketing options and prices before purchasing lawn seats.

Vlautin also told Rock Daily that this week only marks the first of a summer-long promotion of No Service Fee Wednesdays, with each subsequent week spotlighting a certain venue, tour or artist whose fans will benefit from no service charges.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/06/03/live-nations-no-servi...

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #15 - Jun 4th, 2009 at 11:33am
ijwthstd wrote on Jun 2nd, 2009 at 1:56pm:
I might want to see at least one Aerosmith show as cheap as possible but I will also have to wait and see what the setlist is going to be.

'Toys In The Attic'

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #16 - Jun 4th, 2009 at 12:03pm
Lazy Bones wrote on Jun 4th, 2009 at 10:21am:
Live Nation’s “No Service Fee Wednesday” Puzzles Buyers

As a result, some fans purchased the previously advertised $20 Lawn seats, only to discover that those tickets carried an additional $15 in service fees.

In actuality, Lawn and Lawn Special were the same thing, and it was the $7.75 ticket — after service fees — that was the $20 ticket.

At some venues, like West Palm Beach, Florida’s Cruzan Amphitheatre, these No Fee tickets come out to $26 after the $6 parking charge, which is still more than the $7.75 “all-in” ticket price of $20 after fees. In short, Blink tickets are more expensive through the No Fee promotion — which is being heavily featured on the Live Nation Blink tour page — than they are at the regular “all-in” price. Vlautin encourages buyers to compare the ticketing options and prices before purchasing lawn seats.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/06/03/live-nations-no-servi...

They should change their name from LiveNation to Bait And Switch

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #17 - Jun 4th, 2009 at 1:03pm
left shoe shuffle wrote on Jun 4th, 2009 at 11:33am:
ijwthstd wrote on Jun 2nd, 2009 at 1:56pm:
I might want to see at least one Aerosmith show as cheap as possible but I will also have to wait and see what the setlist is going to be.

'Toys In The Attic'

Now I'm interested....I'd be a lot more interested if they did all of Rocks. But still...

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #18 - Jun 5th, 2009 at 11:05am
" ...  was able to get a 4 pack ticket for the Prodigy at the Palladium last week for $10.  "

... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

ijwthstd
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #19 - Jun 5th, 2009 at 11:50am
Joey wrote on Jun 5th, 2009 at 11:05am:
" ...  was able to get a 4 pack ticket for the Prodigy at the Palladium last week for $10.  "

... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It sorta reminded me of that joke "What did the Deadhead say when the drugs wore off..."

TotallyRandomDan  
IP Logged

CrissCrossMind
Rocks Off Regular

Southside of Chicago Baby ...
Reply #20 - Jun 5th, 2009 at 12:09pm
the mighty Aerosmith going for under $30 in 4-pack for Lawn ...  Ouch!

yonder comes a woman ...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)