Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"Let it Bleed" with Dwayne Dopsie! JazzFest, New Orleans, La - May 2, 2024 © Chris Granger, The Times-Picayune

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Aerosmith to settle lawsuit with Maui performance (Read 921 times)
mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Aerosmith to settle lawsuit with Maui performance
Apr 26th, 2009 at 11:46am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
(04-26) 07:27 PDT Wailuku, Hawaii (AP) --

Free tickets to see Aerosmith in Hawaii? Dream on, unless you happen to be one of 8,300 people left in the cold when the band canceled a sold-out concert in 2007.

Aerosmith has agreed to perform on Maui to settle a class-action lawsuit filed by fans who alleged the band pulled out of the show in favor of a larger concert in Chicago and a more lucrative private performance for Toyota dealers on Oahu.

The suit claimed the cancellation cost Maui ticket buyers between $500,000 and $3 million in travel costs, handling fees and other expenses.

"Everyone who bought a ticket to the original concert will receive a free ticket, and all out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed regardless of the amount," said Brandee Faria, an attorney representing the would-be concertgoers.

The date for the new Maui concert has not been set, but Faria said it will likely be in September or October, after Aerosmith wraps up its North America tour.

Aerosmith attorney Jay Handlin said the band was glad to reach the settlement.

"The band is about the music," Handlin said. "So they are glad to be able to resolve this in a way that really focuses on connecting or reconnecting the people of Hawaii with the band and its music."

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Re: Aerosmith to settle lawsuit with Maui performa
Reply #1 - Apr 26th, 2009 at 1:21pm
>> "Everyone who bought a ticket to the original concert will receive a free ticket, and all out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed regardless of the amount," <<

Gonna be interesting to see how they regulate that.

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #2 - Apr 26th, 2009 at 1:36pm
Oh boy. Somebody's head is gonna roll for that little faux pas.

"She delivers right on time,&&I can't resist a corny line, &&But take the shine right off your shoes"&&&&"When I die I want to be burned and blown up Gazza's ass. Is he up for that? Is he a true stones fan. I know Voodoo would do it." - TomL '07&&...        ...        ...          ...          ...&&..'til the wheels come off...

IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #3 - Apr 26th, 2009 at 2:53pm
Shades of the Stones in Atlantic City 2006. Blowing off that gig for Beacon/Scorsese practice. Nobody gave me back the money I laid out for that mess. I hate this type of shit.

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #4 - Apr 26th, 2009 at 3:05pm
Steel Wheels wrote on Apr 26th, 2009 at 2:53pm:
Shades of the Stones in Atlantic City 2006. Blowing off that gig for Beacon/Scorsese practice. Nobody gave me back the money I laid out for that mess. I hate this type of shit.

The way I remember it, Mick was too ill to perform. Perhaps none of us will ever know for sure, but at least they did reschedule.

I was at the Boise show just a couple of days before the rescheduled Atlantic City date.
That crew had to tear down the stage, drive cross-country and re-assemble the stage in VERY limited time.
I remember after the band took their final bows in Boise, the crew wasted no time getting that stage torn down.
I've never seen a crew work that fast and hard immediately after a show.

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #5 - Apr 26th, 2009 at 3:47pm
Yeah Atlantic City in 2006 and Syracuse in 1997!
Tickets, travel, lodging, and "out-of-pocket" expenses were around $4000.00.

Mick, can you make the check payable to "nanky"
Thanks in advance...

What the fuck?

IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #6 - Apr 26th, 2009 at 3:52pm

That was a gutwrencher alright.  BUT...we got the best show of the tour when they did play AC a couple of weeks later. I still listen to CD 1 of that show almost every day. Sweet memories.  Cool

"She delivers right on time,&&I can't resist a corny line, &&But take the shine right off your shoes"&&&&"When I die I want to be burned and blown up Gazza's ass. Is he up for that? Is he a true stones fan. I know Voodoo would do it." - TomL '07&&...        ...        ...          ...          ...&&..'til the wheels come off...

IP Logged

ijwthstd
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #7 - Apr 27th, 2009 at 1:35pm
I knew this particular case was going to take some interesting turns once it came out a few weeks ago that the band made more money by cancelling and collecting the insurance than they would have if they played the gig.

"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest.&&&&http://www.soundcloud.com/thesameoldsauce
TotallyRandomDan  
IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #8 - Apr 27th, 2009 at 3:33pm
I'll be in Maui next Sunday.... they need to get this thing settled by then!!

"On saturday night we dont go home&&We bacchanal, there aint no dawn"&&&&...&&&&

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Apr 27th, 2009 at 3:40pm
GotToRollMe wrote on Apr 26th, 2009 at 3:52pm:

That was a gutwrencher alright.  BUT...we got the best show of the tour when they did play AC a couple of weeks later. I still listen to CD 1 of that show almost every day. Sweet memories.  Cool

Indeed. In my Top 5 Stones shows - well, anyone's shows - EVER!

IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #10 - Apr 27th, 2009 at 6:04pm
Quote:
GotToRollMe wrote on Apr 26th, 2009 at 3:52pm:

That was a gutwrencher alright.  BUT...we got the best show of the tour when they did play AC a couple of weeks later. I still listen to CD 1 of that show almost every day. Sweet memories.  Cool

Indeed. In my Top 5 Stones shows - well, anyone's shows - EVER!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)