Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"Let it Bleed" with Dwayne Dopsie! JazzFest, New Orleans, La - May 2, 2024 © Chris Granger, The Times-Picayune

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
New Dirt! (Read 4,095 times)
Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

New Dirt!
Feb 25th, 2009 at 5:12pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_11781519

Same shit. different day.  But Keith in Mia.  he's heading north.  this is a migration in the right direction

"Rolling Stones' guitarist Ronnie Wood, who has a history of alcohol abuse, was told by guitarist Keith Richards to sober up or risk being dumped from the group's upcoming U.S. tour, according to British press reports.

But apparently it didn't stop Richards from drinking the night away with friends at Plunge rooftop bar at the Gansevoort in Miami, the New York Post reports.

Wood, 61, is still seeing Ekaterina Ivanova, the 20-year-old Russian cocktail waitress for whom he left his wife of 23 years in July"
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2009 at 5:14pm by Tumbled »  

Remember to keep your nose to the grindstone, your shoulder to the wheel, your feet on the ground, your eye on the ball, your ear to the ground, your finger on the pulse, your head on your shoulders, the pedal to the metal, a song in your heart, your hand on the helm and the bull by the horns

IP Logged

StreetsofLover
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

SF Bay Area
Re: New Dirt!
Reply #1 - Feb 25th, 2009 at 5:15pm
sounds credible. everyone knows keith offers a sound example regarding booze. and, oh, yes - the upcoming us tour...woohoo and yeehaw.

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #2 - Feb 25th, 2009 at 5:19pm
and he always ties one on in miami before heading north. have you noticed that??

the brother is consistent I must say

Remember to keep your nose to the grindstone, your shoulder to the wheel, your feet on the ground, your eye on the ball, your ear to the ground, your finger on the pulse, your head on your shoulders, the pedal to the metal, a song in your heart, your hand on the helm and the bull by the horns

IP Logged

platter
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 25th, 2009 at 5:20pm
i guess he needs to send the message ealry to get the point across.  i think ron wood will listen to keith richards...at least i hope so.

Are you fucking serious?

IP Logged

StreetsofLover
Rocks Off Regular

SF Bay Area
Reply #4 - Feb 25th, 2009 at 5:24pm
Quote:
i guess he needs to send the message ealry to get the point across.  i think ron wood will listen to keith richards...at least i hope so.

Are you fucking serious?

he will listen to him while drinking him under the table...

IP Logged

Wild Bill
Rocks Off Regular

Peace, love y abrazos

East Ozarks
Reply #5 - Feb 25th, 2009 at 5:43pm
Looks like Keith grew a bosom:

Or is he wearing a Kevlar vest undergarment nowadays?

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #6 - Feb 25th, 2009 at 5:56pm
Looks like Keith is wearing wrinkly corduroy and Mick velvet.  I don't know why.

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

Zack
Rocks Off Regular

Chiba Face Rules You Bastards!

Dakar
Reply #7 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 3:42am
Keith is simply the worst dresser on the planet, though Mickey Rourke gives him a run for his money.

Only a crowd can make you feel so alone.

IP Logged

FotiniD
Rocks Off Regular

ROCC & RO..ll...

Athens, Greece
Reply #8 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 4:53am
Zack wrote on Feb 26th, 2009 at 3:42am:
Keith is simply the worst dresser on the planet, though Mickey Rourke gives him a run for his money.

Actually, I love the crazy way both Keith and Rourke dress, but I may not be the most objective judge on this matter  Ouch!

FotiniD  
IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #9 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 7:29am
Zack wrote on Feb 26th, 2009 at 3:42am:

I think Keith has a beautiful and unique style that was originated by Anita in the 1960s.   Mickey Rourke just looks silly.

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #10 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 8:13am
Keith better worry about his own chops............See European ABB.....

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #11 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 1:37pm
Nice rooftop hotel pool place!!!  

sure wouldn't want to fall in the pool smashed a la Brian...

It occurs to me that one could have a lot of fun just folllowing around in Keith's footsteps (afterwards) just to see all these' great places
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2009 at 1:43pm by Tumbled »  

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #12 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 1:51pm
I will be vactioning in Miami Beach in three weeks.
Rest assured I WILL drink at this Club.

LJ.

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #13 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 1:52pm
LadyJane wrote on Feb 26th, 2009 at 1:51pm:

LJ.

do have one for me LJ.  a gin martini please. if you don't mind..

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #14 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 1:53pm
joe dirt

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #15 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 1:55pm
Tumbled wrote on Feb 26th, 2009 at 1:52pm:

LJ.

do have one for me LJ.  a gin martini please. if you don't mind..

Has to be a Vodka martini. I will hoist one to Rocks Off!!!

LJ.

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #16 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 2:04pm

LJ.

what is this "vay-CAY-shun" of which you speak?

i am unfamiliar with the word. please advise!

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #17 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 2:12pm
LadyJane wrote on Feb 26th, 2009 at 1:55pm:
Tumbled wrote on Feb 26th, 2009 at 1:52pm:

LJ.

do have one for me LJ.  a gin martini please. if you don't mind..

Has to be a Vodka martini. I will hoist one to Rocks Off!!!

LJ.

the trick is Not to Fall In The Pool!!

maybe we all meet you there LJ!! and we will all Hoist Together into Oblivion!!   

I can't go anywhere, there is no petsitter that can handle what I got going on.....
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2009 at 2:14pm by Tumbled »  

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #18 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 4:33pm
Starbuck wrote on Feb 26th, 2009 at 2:04pm:

LJ.

what is this "vay-CAY-shun" of which you speak?

i am unfamiliar with the word. please advise!

A cay (also spelled key or quay; pronounced as "key" IPA: /kiː/) is a small, low-elevation, sandy island formed on the surface of coral reefs. Cays occur in tropical environments throughout the Pacific, Atlantic and Indian Oceans (including in the Caribbean and on the Great Barrier Reef and Belize Barrier Reef), where they provide habitable and agricultural land for hundreds of thousands of people. Their surrounding reef ecosystems also provide food and building materials for island inhabitants

IP Logged

platter
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Feb 27th, 2009 at 7:24pm
Tumbled wrote on Feb 25th, 2009 at 5:12pm:
"Rolling Stones' guitarist Ronnie Wood, who has a history of alcohol abuse, was told by guitarist Keith Richards to sober up or risk being dumped from the group's upcoming U.S. tour, according to British press reports.

bill german was asked what he thought about this last night at his book signing.  i just wish i had a better memory or a video camera.

Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #20 - Feb 27th, 2009 at 8:48pm
I suppose...

I tell ya, they gotta have songs written or some what ready at this point. Here we are coming up on March and there's much talk about a tour in the fall with a new album. Either they have already worked things out recording wise in bits here, and longer encounters here and again or I'm stumped at what they have going on or what they plan on doing? Now is the time they should be buckled down recording if an album is to come out in the fall.

Yet there is no real evidence of anything currently taking place. Surely, we do not know what they do day in and day out ...but they have been rearing their heads alot but nothing studio wise. Just attending events and having fun it seems.

*Notice how nobody in the media has actually just came out and asked in the last four or five months ..."hey, are there plans to tour or when is the next Stones album?" This is an example of the media being patient in order to ensure getting the good scoop, and being notified when the camp feels it's time to release some news. Also, in order for outlets to do an interview it is often agreed not to ask, or discuss, or print certain subject matter before the interview. That's why you never see anyone just come on out and ask "what's the dealio" when there is a strong probability it is going to happen yet they are currently keeping things under wraps.

Ian
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2009 at 8:50pm by Ian Billen »  

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #21 - Feb 28th, 2009 at 12:45pm
This is a very disturbing report.

Keith should not be allowed to drink on rooftops.

"On saturday night we dont go home&&We bacchanal, there aint no dawn"&&&&...&&&&

IP Logged

SheRat
Rocks Off Regular

Chicago, IL
Reply #22 - Feb 28th, 2009 at 3:49pm
While I myself received no less than TWO pair of purple corduroy jeans this past Xmas, I am nonetheless VERY disturbed by Keith wearing what appear to be DOCKER cords. Pleated-front chino cut? No, Keith! No!

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #23 - Feb 28th, 2009 at 4:05pm
Ian Billen wrote on Feb 27th, 2009 at 8:48pm:
I suppose...

I tell ya, they gotta have songs written or some what ready at this point. Here we are coming up on March and there's much talk about a tour in the fall with a new album.

No. The 'talk' was about the possibility of a tour. I havent read any talk - aside from yourself - about a new album. Merely fans speculating that they dont usually do one without the other.

Either they have already worked things out recording wise in bits here, and longer encounters here and again or I'm stumped at what they have going on or what they plan on doing? Now is the time they should be buckled down recording if an album is to come out in the fall. 

Yet there is no real evidence of anything currently taking place. Surely, we do not know what they do day in and day out ...but they have been rearing their heads alot but nothing studio wise. Just attending events and having fun it seems. 

Exactly 18 months have now passed since the last Stones concert. There has not been one solo album released in that time, no solo concerts and barely a guest appearance at someone else's concert. No inkling of any recording activity whatsoever - as a band or solo, and their only public appearances together have been at four (?) film premieres in spring 2008.

*Notice how nobody in the media has actually just came out and asked in the last four or five months ..."hey, are there plans to tour or when is the next Stones album?" This is an example of the media being patient in order to ensure getting the good scoop, and being notified when the camp feels it's time to release some news. Also, in order for outlets to do an interview it is often agreed not to ask, or discuss, or print certain subject matter before the interview. That's why you never see anyone just come on out and ask "what's the dealio" when there is a strong probability it is going to happen yet they are currently keeping things under wraps.

Ian

No, its more a reflection on the sobering fact that at this stage in their career the media have little or no interest in whether the Rolling Stones ever make a new record again. A Stones tour is the media event. Most of the people who attend Rolling Stones concerts dont even buy the album they're 'promoting', so it's irrational to think the press care that much about it either.

I'm bewildered how you've managed to interpret someone NOT asking about something as some form of evidence that 'something' IS about to be announced.
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2009 at 4:15pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #24 - Feb 28th, 2009 at 4:23pm
Gazza wrote on Feb 28th, 2009 at 4:05pm:
No inkling of any recording activity whatsoever - as a band or solo, and their only public appearances together have been at four (?) film premieres in spring 2008.

They've got time.
After all, Ronnie and Rod knocked out the new Faces album in three days time...
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2009 at 4:26pm by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #25 - Feb 28th, 2009 at 4:26pm
left shoe shuffle wrote on Feb 28th, 2009 at 4:23pm:
Gazza wrote on Feb 28th, 2009 at 4:05pm:
No inkling of any recording activity whatsoever - as a band or solo, and their only public appearances together have been at four (?) film premieres in spring 2008.

They've got time.
After all, Ronnie and Rod knocked out the new Faces album in three days time...

Smiley

Ouch!

... ... ...
IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #26 - Mar 1st, 2009 at 12:26am
Gazza Wrote:

No, its more a reflection on the sobering fact that at this stage in their career the media have little or no interest in whether the Rolling Stones ever make a new record again. A Stones tour is the media event. Most of the people who attend Rolling Stones concerts dont even buy the album they're 'promoting', so it's irrational to think the press care that much about it either.

Response - Well not entirely. They still ask Barry Manilow ...they still ask Pearl Jam, ....they still ask Jerry Lee Lewis   and  others that are not as big as they once were or really relevant these days. It's a common question you'd ask any working group or artist. They would ask The Stones as well.

Gazza Writes:

I'm bewildered how you've managed to interpret someone NOT asking about something as some form of evidence that 'something' IS about to be announced.

Response - Because they have a new record contract that says something must go down as far as a new album goes... and no media is asking anything about a future tour, or album (again, it's probably the most common question you'd ask an artist or group if you had the chance ....especially the group with the most monetary pushing potential the world has ever seen when they tour). 

Don't get me wrong, I do not think any major press conference is scheduled next week ...but I do expect someone from their camp to at least mention, or give a definitive statement in that they are working on something recording or tour wise fairly soon enough.

Ian
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2009 at 12:45am by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #27 - Mar 1st, 2009 at 1:46pm
Ian - the wider 'media' only still write about the Rolling Stones if its concerned with their private lives. Otherwise, they couldnt give a shit. The average journalist hasnt a clue what record label they're on and couldnt care less if they make another record. It speaks volumes that its now almost a year since they inked a deal with Universal - and no one knows how much it was for and what the conditions of the deal was (you seem certain that it includes new releases...it probably has, but nothing has been made public. I'd imagine its primarily aimed at reissues or, hopefully, archives)

Your mission should you choose to accept it - do a news search on the internet and find a recent article in any newspaper which features any news journalist in any country in the world speculating on whether or not the Rolling Stones are making or will make a new record.

Their musical creativity is of no relevance to their target readership. If they tour, its a news story - news stories which tend to centre around how much money they will make, how old they are or how bedraggled they look. They have no interest in anything that relates to musical output.

The music press isnt much better. If you think those people are remotely interested in what the likes of Jerry Lee Lewis or Barry Manilow are doing, then I give up. If the Stones were to confirm a new record, then yes, its a feature with a short-lived lifespan (ideally if they can get an interview) but the entertainment media in general isnt anxiously salivating a new Rolling Stones release for any other reason.

As for the Stones 'camp'...you must be joking. You should know better by now. Those useless wankers and charlatans on their official site wont give you any information on the Stones unless they can tie it in with some flimsy excuse to get you to splash out on your credit card. A "Stones are recording a new album" story never comes from that source. You'll get it elsewhere.
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2009 at 2:02pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #28 - Mar 1st, 2009 at 4:54pm
Gazza wrote on Mar 1st, 2009 at 1:46pm:
Ian - the wider 'media' only still write about the Rolling Stones if its concerned with their private lives. Otherwise, they couldnt give a shit. The average journalist hasnt a clue what record label they're on and couldnt care less if they make another record. It speaks volumes that its now almost a year since they inked a deal with Universal - and no one knows how much it was for and what the conditions of the deal was (you seem certain that it includes new releases...it probably has, but nothing has been made public. I'd imagine its primarily aimed at reissues or, hopefully, archives)

Your mission should you choose to accept it - do a news search on the internet and find a recent article in any newspaper which features any news journalist in any country in the world speculating on whether or not the Rolling Stones are making or will make a new record.

Their musical creativity is of no relevance to their target readership. If they tour, its a news story - news stories which tend to centre around how much money they will make, how old they are or how bedraggled they look. They have no interest in anything that relates to musical output.

The music press isnt much better. If you think those people are remotely interested in what the likes of Jerry Lee Lewis or Barry Manilow are doing, then I give up. If the Stones were to confirm a new record, then yes, its a feature with a short-lived lifespan (ideally if they can get an interview) but the entertainment media in general isnt anxiously salivating a new Rolling Stones release for any other reason.

As for the Stones 'camp'...you must be joking. You should know better by now. Those useless wankers and charlatans on their official site wont give you any information on the Stones unless they can tie it in with some flimsy excuse to get you to splash out on your credit card. A "Stones are recording a new album" story never comes from that source. You'll get it elsewhere.

Your right rollingstones.com is useless unless they are attempting to sell you something. They print news that we have normally long since known (whatever the story) as if none of us die hard Stones fans / Internet junkies heard about it.

I was speaking of possibly Don Was, or maybe someone like Chuck Levell or possibly a top rep from Universal mentioning The Stones are at work on a new album is what I was meaning. I am sure they are legally bound not to spill the beans too much but that never really stopped people as such from "blurbing" or "off-handidly mentioning" about it in the past.

Ian
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2009 at 5:27pm by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #29 - Mar 1st, 2009 at 5:54pm
Quote:
I was speaking of possibly Don Was, or maybe someone like Chuck Levell or possibly a top rep from Universal mentioning The Stones are at work on a new album is what I was meaning. I am sure they are legally bound not to spill the beans too much but that never really stopped people as such from "blurbing" or "off-handidly mentioning" about it in the past.

Ian

That would indeed be the more likely scenario, Ian.

I distinctly recall a story from one of the guys on IORR when they'd just finished mastering ABB, when he posted how he'd saw Was walking to his car on coming from the studio in LA, chatted to him about the new Stones album, and Was then offered to let him hear some of it. He put a CD into his car stereo and cranked up the just-mastered "She Saw Me Coming".

Something of a world exclusive, probably!

I tried to get some info out of Ian McLagan last month in case he'd heard of any plans, because he's usually pretty open with info. He just shrugged and said "I havent a fuckin clue". ....
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2009 at 6:06pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #30 - Mar 1st, 2009 at 6:21pm
Ian, will you get the new U2 this week?

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #31 - Mar 2nd, 2009 at 1:09am
Some Guy wrote on Mar 1st, 2009 at 6:21pm:

Never cared for u2 much actually although I did buy their last album HTDAAB for the first time in their career. I always thought (and still do) that they are incredibly over-rated. I will listen to it if it is playing and I am curious. However, they really just don't do it for me. I know they are a good band, but I have a hard time getting myself to say they are a totally super great group. In fact, I some what get turned off by how the media and others try and blow them up. I think they are pretty one/two dimensional and some what lame in actuality.  "Get On Your Boots" isn't top notch in my ears. How about yourself, are you going to get it and what do you think of their new single? I won't knock you if you buy it.

Ian
« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2009 at 1:20am by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #32 - Mar 2nd, 2009 at 1:15am
Gazza wrote on Mar 1st, 2009 at 5:54pm:
[quote author=Ian Billen link=1235603541/25#28 date=]I was speaking of possibly Don Was, or maybe someone like Chuck Levell or possibly a top rep from Universal mentioning The Stones are at work on a new album is what I was meaning. I am sure they are legally bound not to spill the beans too much but that never really stopped people as such from "blurbing" or "off-handidly mentioning" about it in the past.

Ian

That would indeed be the more likely scenario, Ian.

I distinctly recall a story from one of the guys on IORR when they'd just finished mastering ABB, when he posted how he'd saw Was walking to his car on coming from the studio in LA, chatted to him about the new Stones album, and Was then offered to let him hear some of it. He put a CD into his car stereo and cranked up the just-mastered "She Saw Me Coming".

Something of a world exclusive, probably!

It is funny you mention that. I never forgot that. I remember that very post as well. Don Was was alone and noted to them how they were basically the first in the outside world to hear it. He played it for them with his window down right there in the parking lot. The listener commented on the board how Jaggers Vocals were "sharp in the mix" and the guitars were up. I remember that as well. This is a scenario I was meaning, in which someone "spills the beans" in saying they are at work on a new album right now. Someone who would know.

Ian

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #33 - Mar 2nd, 2009 at 10:18am
this is gonna bring Sir Stonesalot back

"On saturday night we dont go home&&We bacchanal, there aint no dawn"&&&&...&&&&

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #34 - Mar 2nd, 2009 at 4:45pm
Ian Billen wrote on Mar 2nd, 2009 at 1:09am:

Never cared for u2 much actually although I did buy their last album HTDAAB for the first time in their career. I always thought (and still do) that they are incredibly over-rated. I will listen to it if it is playing and I am curious. However, they really just don't do it for me. I know they are a good band, but I have a hard time getting myself to say they are a totally super great group. In fact, I some what get turned off by how the media and others try and blow them up. I think they are pretty one/two dimensional and some what lame in actuality.  "Get On Your Boots" isn't top notch in my ears. How about yourself, are you going to get it and what do you think of their new single? I won't knock you if you buy it.

Ian

don't like the new song, but it will be good live. I may wait to get it after I hear more. The last album just didn't move me. I still really dig All That You Can't Leave Behind, really!
« Last Edit: Mar 3rd, 2009 at 7:53am by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #35 - Mar 2nd, 2009 at 4:53pm
Some Guy wrote on Mar 2nd, 2009 at 4:45pm:
Ian Billen wrote on Mar 2nd, 2009 at 1:09am:

Never cared for u2 much actually although I did buy their last album HTDAAB for the first time in their career. I always thought (and still do) that they are incredibly over-rated. I will listen to it if it is playing and I am curious. However, they really just don't do it for me. I know they are a good band, but I have a hard time getting myself to say they are a totally super great group. In fact, I some what get turned off by how the media and others try and blow them up. I think they are pretty one/two dimensional and some what lame in actuality.  "Get On Your Boots" isn't top notch in my ears. How about yourself, are you going to get it and what do you think of their new single? I won't knock you if you buy it.

Ian

don't like the new song, but it will be good live. I may wait to get it after I hear more.

this aint bringing JB back.............

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #36 - Mar 4th, 2009 at 1:25pm
This just in...

http://www.news24.com/News24/Entertainment/Celebrities/0,,2-1225-2108_2479679,00...

Ronnie out of the woods
04/03/2009 14:00  - (SA)  

London - Ronnie Wood is "in great shape" and has given up drinking.  Smiley
The 61-year-old rocker - who has an ongoing alcohol problem and reportedly faced being axed from The Rolling Stones after he fell off the wagon last year - is alcohol-free, according to one-time Faces band mate Ian McLagan.
"Ronnie is in great shape and good spirits. He's not currently drinking," said keyboard player Ian - who has been in contact with Ronnie about a possible reunion.
"He slips, but he stops. He's finding his grace, and it's a struggle. He's trying really hard."
According to reports, Ronnie was warned he risked being dropped from a proposed tour of America by his Rolling Stones band mates Sir Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Charlie Watts.
Pre-tour medical compulsory
"All the band have to have a compulsory pre-tour medical to make sure they can get insurance," a source explained.
"Ronnie failed his medical for the 2002/2003 tour because he was drinking seven times the recommended number of alcohol units a week. He had to spend months drying out at a clinic in Arizona.
"There are worries that could be the case again this time."
Ronnie was most recently treated for his alcohol addiction last August at the Life Works clinic in Surrey, England, following a 10-day drinking binge in Ireland with Russian girlfriend Ekaterina Ivanova, 20. -

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\

http://www.showbizspy.com/article/182650/ronnie-wood-estranged-wife-still-mates
Ronnie Wood, Estranged Wife 'Still Mates'
By Adam, March 3 2009
Ronnie Wood's estranged wife Jo insists she is still "good mates" with the rocker.

Despite reports at the weekend Jo, 53, was gearing up for an acrimonious divorce with Ronnie - who ran off with 20-year-old Russian waitress Ekaterina Ivanova last year - the former model insists life is too short for rowing with your ex-husband and has decided to call a truce over their split.

She tells British newspaper The Sun, "I don't want things to get messy. Me and Ronnie are really good mates now.

"You can't be with someone for 31 years and not stay good mates."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ronnie's publicist working overtime...

repair... repair....bandaids... repair ....scramble...

patching things up a bit.
« Last Edit: Mar 4th, 2009 at 1:28pm by Tumbled »  

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #37 - Mar 4th, 2009 at 1:49pm
I have it on reliable sources, that a sweaty Ronnie Wood recently picked up a bevy of 20-year old girls in a Buckhead convenient mart simply by sporting a U2 t-shirt
« Last Edit: Mar 4th, 2009 at 2:09pm by Saint Sway »  

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #38 - Mar 4th, 2009 at 2:08pm
Saint Sway wrote on Mar 4th, 2009 at 1:49pm:
I have it on reliable sources, that a sweaty Ronnie Wood recently picked up a bevy of 20-year old girls in a Buckshead   convenient mart simply by sporting a U2 t-shirt

no, that was Stonesalot.

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #39 - Mar 4th, 2009 at 2:14pm
I'm told Sir Stones can pick up a chick by merely flashing a trusty photo from his wallet of him posing with one of The Chesterfield Kings

of course, immediately followed by the use of chloroform and duct tape

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #40 - Mar 4th, 2009 at 2:22pm
Saint Sway wrote on Mar 4th, 2009 at 2:14pm:
I'm told Sir Stones can pick up a chick by merely flashing a trusty photo from his wallet of him posing with one of The Chesterfield Kings

of course, immediately followed by the use of chloroform and duct tape

alleluiah, brother!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv20kJElbHU

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #41 - Mar 4th, 2009 at 2:27pm
the man has the blues. that's why he has to sit down to play the tambourine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdamN8IeGu8&feature=related

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #42 - Mar 4th, 2009 at 2:28pm
somewhere on a remote motel pool deck in Wildwood, NJ there are people in need of his talent

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #43 - Mar 4th, 2009 at 2:35pm
Saint Sway wrote on Mar 4th, 2009 at 2:28pm:
somewhere on a remote motel pool deck in Wildwood, NJ there are people in need of his talent

sitting tambourinists in sunglasses don't come cheap, son.

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #44 - Mar 4th, 2009 at 3:50pm
Actually Ronnie showed up at the Bernard Fowler gig in LA last Sat night:

DAN REED/BERNARD FOWLER
Singer/songwriter Dan Reed graced the stage for the first set at Joe's Joint in Los Angeles last night.
He played a solo acoustic set of poignant, heartfelt numbers.
The members of the audience truly appreiated his set, especially those who were familiar with his work.
They sang along during every number Bernard Fowler and some of his "Friends with Privileges" took the stage for the second set.
His band of highly talented professionals included Tariq Akoni on guitar, David Goodstein on drums, Daniel Pearson on bass,
and Dimitri Brown (correct me if I am wrong here) on guitar....I've posted the set list below. Please excuse any omissions or errors.
1. Grow (B. Fowler, S. Salas)
2. Pop That Thang (Isleys)
3. Cinnamon Girl (N. Young)
4. Red Rooster (W. Dixon) joined by Ronnie Wood playing slide on a silver etched guitar
5. Flying (R, Lane, R. Stewart, R. Wood) joined by Ronnie Wood on a Red Fender and Blondie Chaplin on vocals
6. Small (S. Salas)
7. Get Away (B. Fowler, D. Wimbish)
8. You Know What I Mean (B. Fowler, D. Jones)
9. Your Future (B. Fowler, S. Salas)
10. Wild Horses

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #45 - Mar 4th, 2009 at 4:45pm
I have it on reliable sources, that a sweaty Ronnie Wood recently picked up a bevy of 20-year old girls in a Buckhead convenient mart simply by sporting a U2 t-shirt

nothing but rim.

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #46 - Mar 4th, 2009 at 4:58pm
"nothing but rim"

...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KryptoNation Humiliation

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #47 - Mar 4th, 2009 at 5:00pm
Get a beer up in ya!

IP Logged

robpop
Rocks Off Regular

My name is called disturbance!

City of Champions
Reply #48 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 3:05am
Some Guy wrote on Mar 4th, 2009 at 4:45pm:

nothing but rim.

Fuck the rim!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqSwZgpOad8
« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2009 at 3:07am by robpop »  

...&&&&...

IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Reply #49 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 7:03am
I suppose...

I tell ya, they gotta have songs written or some what ready at this point. Here we are coming up on March and there's much talk about a tour in the fall with a new album. Either they have already worked things out recording wise in bits here, and longer encounters here and again or I'm stumped at what they have going on or what they plan on doing? Now is the time they should be buckled down recording if an album is to come out in the fall.
Even if it were true, and as Gazza points out it probably isn't, I'd have to think of the quality of the output, it seems that with each new album their standards (and ambitions) fall down one notch lower, I thought ABB was the nadir (sloppy recording in Mick's home, with no guitar parts of interest and two vaguely memorable songs) but it will probably be worse the next time. Well at least we had B2B 10+ years ago...

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #50 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 10:06am
what if they released something like "Rarities Vol II" for the tour??

they could put Mannish Boy on it again

IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Reply #51 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 10:22am
And thrown in a couple of new songs ? Why not, based on ABB, that's probably a good idea, they tried that in 1999 with "Memory Motel" but that CD vanished in the ozone !

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #52 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 10:27am
Gotdablouse,

please refrain from posting lines like "vanished in the ozone"

as it brings up extremely painful memories of Primitive Cool

TIA

IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Reply #53 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 10:31am
Wow, you know your classics! In that case you know it comes from what could be considered the best track on PC, i.e. Party Doll ! Should make it a bit less painful...that on the other hand...be proud, stand tall might cause you to fall off your chair Wink

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #54 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 10:42am
haahaa of yes - that ones makes me contemplate putting my head in the oven

I still dig Party Doll though

but, yes, the rest of that is so dreadful. War Babies, Peace For The Wicked... aggggghhhhhh

those were lean years. Wandering Spirit was great. And thank god we got two incredible Keith albums out of it.

I wish they would have a go at something more rootsy sounding and have Mick finally give up with being trendy sounding or pop oriented. I think they need to that this year for their swan song. Just a vintage EP with some acoustic numbers, a blues and two rockers would work. Back Of My Hand was such a great tease.

just get in the studio and approach the way they did the Stripped sessions. Just back to their roots. Nothing contemporary bent.

heck, even a blues cover album. Why not? They started their career with one of the finest ones - why not go full circle and close out with an even better one.

thats my .02 on the Stones 09 Stimulus Tour

IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Reply #55 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 11:56am
I'm pretty much with you on that one, it seems they've run out of ideas, musically and lyrically, which isn't too surprising 45+ years after writing their first songs. Their creativity peaked in '71/'72 and it's really been downhill ever since, with the odd song of interest here and there. On the other hand if they had stopped writing new songs, even crappy ones, they would have stopped touring long ago, so...

An album of blues covers ? Dunno, they would have to be new ones, or obscure ones, "Champagne and Reefer" really "smoked" in SAL, best moment of the DVD I reckon. I don't think there are too many of these around though ?

To be frank it might be best to call it a day "new album" wise, ABB part 2 would really break my heart !

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #56 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 12:07pm
Saint Sway wrote on Mar 5th, 2009 at 10:06am:
what if they released something like "Rarities Vol II" for the tour??

they could put Mannish Boy on it again

maybe bill could pictured on the cover this time?

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #57 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 12:36pm
mojoman wrote on Mar 5th, 2009 at 12:07pm:
maybe bill could pictured on the cover this time?

I'm sorry Mojo, but my inside sources have reported that Darryl has eaten all the remaining photos of Wyman

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #58 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 9:28pm
gotdablouse wrote on Mar 5th, 2009 at 11:56am:
I'm pretty much with you on that one, it seems they've run out of ideas, musically and lyrically, which isn't too surprising 45+ years after writing their first songs. Their creativity peaked in '71/'72 and it's really been downhill ever since, with the odd song of interest here and there. On the other hand if they had stopped writing new songs, even crappy ones, they would have stopped touring long ago, so...

An album of blues covers ? Dunno, they would have to be new ones, or obscure ones, "Champagne and Reefer" really "smoked" in SAL, best moment of the DVD I reckon. I don't think there are too many of these around though ?

To be frank it might be best to call it a day "new album" wise, ABB part 2 would really break my heart !

I llke totally disagree. I think ABB is a fine piece of work but reflects the time it was written.  which is now past.  Stones music has always evolved over time but songs are always written from the heart and that is the essence of this band.  and I am certainly glad it doesn't stay the same over the years.  Would be very boring I would think

IP Logged

Poplar
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #59 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 11:21pm
Saint Sway wrote on Mar 5th, 2009 at 10:42am:
Back Of My Hand was such a great tease.

heck, even a blues cover album. Why not? They started their career with one of the finest ones - why not go full circle and close out with an even better one.

thats my .02 on the Stones 09 Stimulus Tour

Bingo. smoking more weed is good for your health

We're fresh out of beer,&&could you answer the phone?&&well if you call this bliss&&well i'm leaving home

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #60 - Mar 6th, 2009 at 12:28pm
Did you see this on iorr??....   ronnie and blondie and bernard with waddy wachtel in la on 3/2

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,1039432

« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2009 at 12:29pm by Tumbled »  

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #61 - Mar 6th, 2009 at 1:08pm
"Waddy and Bernie and Blondie oh my!"

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)