Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"Let it Bleed" with Dwayne Dopsie! JazzFest, New Orleans, La - May 2, 2024 © Chris Granger, The Times-Picayune

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
New Dirt! (Read 4,093 times)
Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Re: New Dirt!
Reply #50 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 10:06am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
what if they released something like "Rarities Vol II" for the tour??

they could put Mannish Boy on it again

"On saturday night we dont go home&&We bacchanal, there aint no dawn"&&&&...&&&&

IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Reply #51 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 10:22am
And thrown in a couple of new songs ? Why not, based on ABB, that's probably a good idea, they tried that in 1999 with "Memory Motel" but that CD vanished in the ozone !

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #52 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 10:27am
Gotdablouse,

please refrain from posting lines like "vanished in the ozone"

as it brings up extremely painful memories of Primitive Cool

TIA

"On saturday night we dont go home&&We bacchanal, there aint no dawn"&&&&...&&&&

IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Reply #53 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 10:31am
Wow, you know your classics! In that case you know it comes from what could be considered the best track on PC, i.e. Party Doll ! Should make it a bit less painful...that on the other hand...be proud, stand tall might cause you to fall off your chair Wink

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #54 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 10:42am
haahaa of yes - that ones makes me contemplate putting my head in the oven

I still dig Party Doll though

but, yes, the rest of that is so dreadful. War Babies, Peace For The Wicked... aggggghhhhhh

those were lean years. Wandering Spirit was great. And thank god we got two incredible Keith albums out of it.

I wish they would have a go at something more rootsy sounding and have Mick finally give up with being trendy sounding or pop oriented. I think they need to that this year for their swan song. Just a vintage EP with some acoustic numbers, a blues and two rockers would work. Back Of My Hand was such a great tease.

just get in the studio and approach the way they did the Stripped sessions. Just back to their roots. Nothing contemporary bent.

heck, even a blues cover album. Why not? They started their career with one of the finest ones - why not go full circle and close out with an even better one.

thats my .02 on the Stones 09 Stimulus Tour

IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Reply #55 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 11:56am
I'm pretty much with you on that one, it seems they've run out of ideas, musically and lyrically, which isn't too surprising 45+ years after writing their first songs. Their creativity peaked in '71/'72 and it's really been downhill ever since, with the odd song of interest here and there. On the other hand if they had stopped writing new songs, even crappy ones, they would have stopped touring long ago, so...

An album of blues covers ? Dunno, they would have to be new ones, or obscure ones, "Champagne and Reefer" really "smoked" in SAL, best moment of the DVD I reckon. I don't think there are too many of these around though ?

To be frank it might be best to call it a day "new album" wise, ABB part 2 would really break my heart !

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #56 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 12:07pm
Saint Sway wrote on Mar 5th, 2009 at 10:06am:
what if they released something like "Rarities Vol II" for the tour??

they could put Mannish Boy on it again

maybe bill could pictured on the cover this time?

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #57 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 12:36pm
mojoman wrote on Mar 5th, 2009 at 12:07pm:
maybe bill could pictured on the cover this time?

I'm sorry Mojo, but my inside sources have reported that Darryl has eaten all the remaining photos of Wyman

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #58 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 9:28pm
gotdablouse wrote on Mar 5th, 2009 at 11:56am:
I'm pretty much with you on that one, it seems they've run out of ideas, musically and lyrically, which isn't too surprising 45+ years after writing their first songs. Their creativity peaked in '71/'72 and it's really been downhill ever since, with the odd song of interest here and there. On the other hand if they had stopped writing new songs, even crappy ones, they would have stopped touring long ago, so...

An album of blues covers ? Dunno, they would have to be new ones, or obscure ones, "Champagne and Reefer" really "smoked" in SAL, best moment of the DVD I reckon. I don't think there are too many of these around though ?

To be frank it might be best to call it a day "new album" wise, ABB part 2 would really break my heart !

I llke totally disagree. I think ABB is a fine piece of work but reflects the time it was written.  which is now past.  Stones music has always evolved over time but songs are always written from the heart and that is the essence of this band.  and I am certainly glad it doesn't stay the same over the years.  Would be very boring I would think

Remember to keep your nose to the grindstone, your shoulder to the wheel, your feet on the ground, your eye on the ball, your ear to the ground, your finger on the pulse, your head on your shoulders, the pedal to the metal, a song in your heart, your hand on the helm and the bull by the horns

IP Logged

Poplar
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #59 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 11:21pm
Saint Sway wrote on Mar 5th, 2009 at 10:42am:
Back Of My Hand was such a great tease.

heck, even a blues cover album. Why not? They started their career with one of the finest ones - why not go full circle and close out with an even better one.

thats my .02 on the Stones 09 Stimulus Tour

Bingo. smoking more weed is good for your health

We're fresh out of beer,&&could you answer the phone?&&well if you call this bliss&&well i'm leaving home

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #60 - Mar 6th, 2009 at 12:28pm
Did you see this on iorr??....   ronnie and blondie and bernard with waddy wachtel in la on 3/2

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,1039432

« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2009 at 12:29pm by Tumbled »  

Remember to keep your nose to the grindstone, your shoulder to the wheel, your feet on the ground, your eye on the ball, your ear to the ground, your finger on the pulse, your head on your shoulders, the pedal to the metal, a song in your heart, your hand on the helm and the bull by the horns

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #61 - Mar 6th, 2009 at 1:08pm
"Waddy and Bernie and Blondie oh my!"

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)