Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Lick to watch full show! with thanks to George García/Rolling Stones Archive and ROgerriffin for heads up
State Farm Stadium, Glendale, Arizona - May 7, 2024 / Pic © Jini Sachse (Sweet Virginia)

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ron Wood's Art Therapy (Read 294 times)
moy
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Mars
Ron Wood's Art Therapy
Jan 13th, 2009 at 8:43am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Ron Wood's Art Therapy

January 11th, 2009 4:00pm EST
http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2009/01/11/ron_wood_s_art_therapy

Rolling Stones star Ronnie Wood finds painting a more therapeutic way to deal with his problems than rehab. The legendary guitarist walked out on his 23-year marriage to Jo Wood last summer after his affair with 20-year-old Ekaterina Ivanova was revealed in the press.

He subsequently underwent a stint in a rehabilitation centre in England in an attempt to kick his addiction to alcohol.

And Wood, who has forged a successful sideline as an artist, is adamant that spending his time working on a new canvas is much more beneficial than professional treatment.

He says, "Unlike music, it's a solo effort, there's no one else to blame. Then again, no one else gets the satisfaction out of it. There's no kind of therapy like what you get from starting and seeing a picture through. Over the years you're never quite satisfied and, like music, you're always learning and trying out new techniques."

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Re: Ron Wood's Art Therapy
Reply #1 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 2:15pm
Ronnie's a great painter, the only therapy he needs is going to lots of A.A. meetings, it's been proven by a lot of other rock people, Townsend, Clapton, Grace Slick & so on, denial isn't a river in Egypt.

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Re: Ron Wood's Art Therapy
Reply #2 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 8:05am
I agree an art hobby is good therapy. When I was recovering from in injury a while back and was depressed over it, the Dr recommended an art class and it actually did help take my mind off my troubles and turned that negative energy into creativity.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)