Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
With Mick Fleetwood, backstage, State Farm Stadium, Glendale, Arizona - May 7, 2024 © The Rolling Stones/art by Ronnie Wood

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RIP Majel Barrett Roddenberry (Nurse Chapel) NSC (Read 204 times)
Gimme Shelter
Rocks Off Regular

THE ROLLING STONES #1

Bend, OR
RIP Majel Barrett Roddenberry (Nurse Chapel) NSC
Dec 19th, 2008 at 12:07am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
LOS ANGELES – Majel Barrett Roddenberry, "Star Trek" creator Gene Roddenberry's widow who nurtured the legacy of the seminal science fiction TV series after his death, has died. She was 76. Roddenberry died of leukemia Thursday morning at her home in Bel-Air, said Sean Rossall, a family spokesman.

At Roddenberry's side were family friends and her son, Eugene Roddenberry Jr.

Roddenberry was involved in the "Star Trek" universe for more than four decades. She played the dark-haired Number One in the original pilot but metamorphosed into the blond, miniskirted Nurse Christine Chapel in the original 1966-69 show. She had smaller roles in all five of its television successors and many of the "Star Trek" movie incarnations, although she had little involvement in the productions.

She frequently was the voice of the ship's computer, and about two weeks ago she completed the same role for the upcoming J.J. Abrams movie "Star Trek," Rossall said.

Roddenberry also helped keep the franchise alive by inspiring fans and attended a major "Star Trek" convention each year, Rossall said.

Music, to me, is the joy, right? I love my kids most of the time, and I love my wife most of the time. Music I love all the time. It's the only constant thing in my life. It's the one thing you can count on. :Keith Richards 1993

&&... &&...
https://www.facebook.com/MARKMMCCOLLUM  
IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Re: RIP Majel Barrett Roddenberry (Nurse Chapel) N
Reply #1 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 12:24am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
I liked the original run but all the new incarnations bored me, quite frankly. RIP Maj...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)