Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"Let it Bleed" with Dwayne Dopsie! JazzFest, New Orleans, La - May 2, 2024 © Chris Granger, The Times-Picayune

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Happy Birthday, Glencar! (Read 5,709 times)
Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Re: Happy Birthday, Glencar!
Reply #75 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 1:25pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
LadyJane wrote on Dec 10th, 2008 at 1:18pm:
Whomever is responsible for this aggregious act...Karma will prevail. It always does.

i blame bush.

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #76 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 2:23pm
Riffhard wrote on Dec 10th, 2008 at 10:53am:
Pdog,

Ok let's get a few things clear here.

1.-I NEVER suggested that it was you that called into a certain federal agency to get Blue into trouble. However, guess what? Someone did! They took your threat, and I assume, used it as cover to go ahead and try and fuck this man in real life! This agency even referenced Rocks Off message board! It happened! This man's livelihood was put in jeopardy by somebody with an ax to grind plain and simple. I personally had zero suspicions  about that person being you! Got it?! I would never have thought you capable of that kind of shit anyway. I think that somebody read your threat, and took it upon themselves to act on it. I made it clear that it was "one thing to make the threat" but an entirely different matter to act on it. Well, guess what, someone did! I never implied that it was YOU!

2.-I stayed completely out of that ridiculous pissing match between you, Blue, and whomever else was in that political thread argument. I have always tried to avoid personal attacks in those heated threads. When I ever have gotten personal it is almost always with a wink and a nod. I may say that Obama supporters were "drones", but I'd never try to personalize it by pointing out any one individual. I may have crossed the line a few times, but to nowhere near the extant that some here do. And yes, that includes Blue. However, everyone that really knows Blue knows that he is a very nice guy. His board MO has always been one of a cantankerous bastard! Let's not forget the infamous Blue/Storm flame war back in the mid/late 1990's. Blue may well have acted like a jerk, but he's our jerk, and he's a hell of a nice guy when you meet him over a pint. This message board crap is just that,-crap! Someone was offended enough by it that they took it upon themselves to try and take punitive action against Blue/glencar. That action trumps anything that Blue may have said in the political thread. That is WAY WAY WAY over the line, and a horrible thing to do to anyone. I wouldn't do that to anyone on this board regardless of the nasty things that they may have said about me, EVER.

3.-Whomever tried to fuck our boy over had to know his name. Or at least had to take the time to really do some leg work in order to get his name and his job info. Then that person had to go to the trouble of tracking down the proper agency to call, and how to make a complaint about a federal worker. In other words, somebody really tried to fuck this man over. That is so fucking low as to not be believed imhmfo.

4.-I am NOT overweight! LOL! I take great pride in the fact that I have actually lost around 26 pounds over the last three months. Even back then I was far from a lard ass!

5.-I am not a loud mouth at all! On this board? Sure! Who isn't on those heated political threads?! However, in real life I am far from boorish!

6.-ANYTHING THAT I SAY ON THIS BOARD I WOULD SAY TO YOUR FACE! I am the last person in the world to back down from anyone or anything. To think otherwise shows that you don't know me very well. Nay, I am nobody's pussy. I am a lover not a fighter, but I CAN scrap with the very best of them. Back off with your threats. They don't suit you.

In closing please let me reiterate this point again. I NEVER said that you did it. I heard that my friend had been hassled at his job because someone from RO reported him. So everything that you threatened to do to Blue was, in fact, followed up on! I think, as I have stated before, that somebody has used your initial post as cover for their own duplicitous actions. That person is a scumbag through and through! They know who they are, and I hope that they are happy with their miserable fucking life. To try and fuck a man's real life career up over a goddamned hot headed political thread is beyond ridiculous! It's pussified in the extreme!

Riffy

I do appreciate you clearing that part up, about not thinking it was me, even though I was the one who was very pissed and told him I had thought about doing this very thing... I was angry enough to do it, but deep in my heart, despite how angry I have felt, I held out hope we would somehow work things out, even though he made it clear with calling me a faggot and saying we weren't friends anymore... and it pissed me the fuck off... and in his fashion he kept it going.
I might seem like many things tough and bold, but I also am very sensitive too!!!
i am sorry I called you overweight, I know this much, I really thought... THOUGHT, you were accusing me of doing this... I was trying to be mean.
Like Nanky said, we all got heated and hurt over the past few months.
and the one thing, I I felt was number one, was us four, and some others, agreed we would always back off when things got hot, or go to the phone or email, to preserve our friendships... And I asked that, of you and Blue. And you even said, fuck that... That crushed me, and I told you that then and I am again.
I wish Blue the best, even though I am still hurt...

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #77 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 2:28pm
Riffhard wrote on Dec 10th, 2008 at 1:01pm:
PartyDoll MEG wrote on Dec 10th, 2008 at 11:36am:
Very Very troubling...

I refuse to believe any of us regulars here on RO are responsible for whatever has happened to Glencar.  I have no info and I am posting from my heart.  I consider all of you as friends-even if we disagree.  Pdog is no more capable of doing harm to Glencar than I am.  He would first take his issues via email/phone or use Gazza or Voodoo as mediators. Whoever is responsible is NOT one of the RO Family.....

I concur with the entirety of this post. I also find it damned near impossible to believe that one of the regulars here would sink to this level. However, apparently someone did. A lurker? Perhaps. I just know that an implicit threat was made, and then someone acted on that threat. I highly doubt that the one who made the threat is responsible, but it just goes to show how careful we must be when slinging the shit around. Sometimes it hits the fan, and when that happens everyone smells a little bit like shit.

I speak from personal experience when I say that sometimes it's much wiser to think before you hit that enter button. That goes for all of us from Blue to whoever was fucked up enough to try and cause this man harm.

Riffy

I gotta know... How do you know or think, this may have happened... In other words, who told you this... didn't you say, you haven't talked to Blue... So how else would you know?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #78 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 2:42pm
" I do appreciate you clearing that part up, about not thinking it was me, even though I was the one who was very pissed and told him I had thought about doing this very thing... I was angry enough to do it, but deep in my heart, despite how angry I have felt, I held out hope we would somehow work things out, even though he made it clear with calling me a faggot and saying we weren't friends anymore... and it pissed me the fuck off... and in his fashion he kept it going.
I might seem like many things tough and bold, but I also am very sensitive too!!!
i am sorry I called you overweight, I know this much, I really thought... THOUGHT, you were accusing me of doing this... "

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #79 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 3:28pm
Pdog wrote on Dec 10th, 2008 at 2:23pm:
Pdog,

1.-I NEVER suggested that it was you that called into a certain federal agency to get Blue into trouble. However, guess what? Someone did! They took your threat, and I assume, used it as cover to go ahead and try and fuck this man in real life! This agency even referenced Rocks Off message board! It happened! This man's livelihood was put in jeopardy by somebody with an ax to grind plain and simple. I personally had zero suspicions  about that person being you! Got it?! I would never have thought you capable of that kind of shit anyway. I think that somebody read your threat, and took it upon themselves to act on it. I made it clear that it was "one thing to make the threat" but an entirely different matter to act on it. Well, guess what, someone did! I never implied that it was YOU!

2.-I stayed completely out of that ridiculous pissing match between you, Blue, and whomever else was in that political thread argument. I have always tried to avoid personal attacks in those heated threads. When I ever have gotten personal it is almost always with a wink and a nod. I may say that Obama supporters were "drones", but I'd never try to personalize it by pointing out any one individual. I may have crossed the line a few times, but to nowhere near the extant that some here do. And yes, that includes Blue. However, everyone that really knows Blue knows that he is a very nice guy. His board MO has always been one of a cantankerous bastard! Let's not forget the infamous Blue/Storm flame war back in the mid/late 1990's. Blue may well have acted like a jerk, but he's our jerk, and he's a hell of a nice guy when you meet him over a pint. This message board crap is just that,-crap! Someone was offended enough by it that they took it upon themselves to try and take punitive action against Blue/glencar. That action trumps anything that Blue may have said in the political thread. That is WAY WAY WAY over the line, and a horrible thing to do to anyone. I wouldn't do that to anyone on this board regardless of the nasty things that they may have said about me, EVER.

3.-Whomever tried to fuck our boy over had to know his name. Or at least had to take the time to really do some leg work in order to get his name and his job info. Then that person had to go to the trouble of tracking down the proper agency to call, and how to make a complaint about a federal worker. In other words, somebody really tried to fuck this man over. That is so fucking low as to not be believed imhmfo.

4.-I am NOT overweight! LOL! I take great pride in the fact that I have actually lost around 26 pounds over the last three months. Even back then I was far from a lard ass!

5.-I am not a loud mouth at all! On this board? Sure! Who isn't on those heated political threads?! However, in real life I am far from boorish!

6.-ANYTHING THAT I SAY ON THIS BOARD I WOULD SAY TO YOUR FACE! I am the last person in the world to back down from anyone or anything. To think otherwise shows that you don't know me very well. Nay, I am nobody's pussy. I am a lover not a fighter, but I CAN scrap with the very best of them. Back off with your threats. They don't suit you.

In closing please let me reiterate this point again. I NEVER said that you did it. I heard that my friend had been hassled at his job because someone from RO reported him. So everything that you threatened to do to Blue was, in fact, followed up on! I think, as I have stated before, that somebody has used your initial post as cover for their own duplicitous actions. That person is a scumbag through and through! They know who they are, and I hope that they are happy with their miserable fucking life. To try and fuck a man's real life career up over a goddamned hot headed political thread is beyond ridiculous! It's pussified in the extreme!

Riffy

I do appreciate you clearing that part up, about not thinking it was me, even though I was the one who was very pissed and told him I had thought about doing this very thing... I was angry enough to do it, but deep in my heart, despite how angry I have felt, I held out hope we would somehow work things out, even though he made it clear with calling me a faggot and saying we weren't friends anymore... and it pissed me the fuck off... and in his fashion he kept it going.
i am sorry I called you overweight, I know this much, I really thought... THOUGHT, you were accusing me of doing this... I was trying to be mean.
and the one thing, I I felt was number one, was us four, and some others, agreed we would always back off when things got hot, or go to the phone or email, to preserve our friendships... And I asked that, of you and Blue. And you even said, fuck that... That crushed me, and I told you that then and I am again.

I think the biggest lesson of this entire sordid affair is that we all are now fully aware of the damage that can be caused from behind the anonymity of a keyboard, or in this case some pussy's phone.

I too would like to put the whole episode behind us, but that still leaves one awful motherfucker lurking in the shadows who tried to get a fellow RO'er into serious trouble at his job. That is one that must be left for karma I suppose, but when I heard about it I just had to speak up in defense of Blue. I'd have done the same for anyone on this board. Anyone.

No hard feelings towards anyone here. However, to the guilty asshat that brought this upon the board by trying to deliberately destroy another RO'ers career. Go fuck yourself scumbag!

Riffy

PS-Pdog, peace brother.

...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&"When all government...in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided...” Thomas Jefferson&&&&"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases." — Thomas Jefferson&&&&&&&&We're not old men.We don't bother about petty morals--Keef&&&&Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth. &&-- George Burns&&&&&&I ain't no leftist!-Bob Dylan&&&&"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #80 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 3:56pm
Riffhard wrote on Dec 10th, 2008 at 3:28pm:
Pdog wrote on Dec 10th, 2008 at 2:23pm:
Pdog,

Riffy

I think the biggest lesson of this entire sordid affair is that we all are now fully aware of the damage that can be caused from behind the anonymity of a keyboard, or in this case some pussy's phone.

I too would like to put the whole episode behind us, but that still leaves one awful motherfucker lurking in the shadows who tried to get a fellow RO'er into serious trouble at his job. That is one that must be left for karma I suppose, but when I heard about it I just had to speak up in defense of Blue. I'd have done the same for anyone on this board. Anyone.

No hard feelings towards anyone here. However, to the guilty asshat that brought this upon the board by trying to deliberately destroy another RO'ers career. Go fuck yourself scumbag!

Riffy

PS-Pdog, peace brother.

Anonymity was gone from the internet a long time ago... Secrecy of a posters identity may be kept, but those of us who know each other... We do not have anonymity.

I need to know, since I'm the one who put this idea out there, who told you this has happened. This continual posting about it, like it is a fact, without any details, is somewhat disconcerting. you even said you hadn't talked to Blue. This is all hersay, and it is being talked about like it is true...
Is that Mom who stalked a girl on Myspace, who eventually killed herself, not responsible b/c it was anonymous behind a keyboard or a phone? Fuck no... While I agree doing what I had suggested was not warrnated, because I thought saying it, would make the point, it doesn't take away from the fact, you can't seperate what you post online from real world acountabilty. Especially when it is done by people who do actually know each other in real life. Which was why we made our pact or gentelmens agreement. That shit was real to me, as real as me asking, who is saying this shit even happened, these accusations are as destructive as what it is claimed to be about!!!
When I said it, I meant it. Homeboy has a pattern of being abusive to people who he knew personally and just randomnly. I have no problem jacking up people like that, especially if they boast about what they do for a living. He was really abusive to women here, maybe he was at work too! There's enough specualtion to make that argument. Maybe karma is and was in effect.
I tapped out, and he kept fighting! I did and said what I needed to. It stopped, so I'm way fucking okay with it... and maybe somebody he did it too before realized they could stand up too... Oh fucking well, I say!!! You lead with the chin, you're gonna get hit!!! I hope he is fine, but this bullshit, about something, no one really even can say is true or not... This is just a way to implicate me, for standing up to his bullying ways!!!
I got a real simple code, I don't starts fights... I finish them! and as far as I know, I ended that bullshit when I told him, I had recourse, that was within my rights... I got no problem with that!!! At ALL!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #81 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 3:58pm

" Anonymity was gone from the internet a long time ago... Secrecy of a posters identity may be kept, but those of us who know each other... We do not have anonymity.

I need to know, since I'm the one who put this idea out there, who told you this has happened. This continual posting about it, like it is a fact, without any details, is somewhat disconcerting. you even said you hadn't talked to Blue. This is all hersay, and it is being talked about like it is true...
Is that Mom who stalked a girl on Myspace, who eventually killed herself, not responsible b/c it was anonymous behind a keyboard or a phone? Fuck no... While I agree doing what I had suggested was not warrnated, because I thought saying it, would make the point, it doesn't take away from the fact, you can't seperate what you post online from real world acountabilty. Especially when it is done by people who do actually know each other in real life. Which was why we made our pact or gentelmens agreement. That shit was real to me, as real as me asking, who is saying this shit even happened, these accusations are as destructive as what it is claimed to be about!!!
When I said it, I meant it. Homeboy has a pattern of being abusive to people who he knew personally and just randomnly. I have no problem jacking up people like that, especially if they boast about what they do for a living. He was really abusive to women here, maybe he was at work too! There's enough specualtion to make that argument. Maybe karma is and was in effect.
I tapped out, and he kept fighting! I did and said what I needed to. It stopped, so I'm way fucking okay with it... and maybe somebody he did it too before realized they could stand up too... Oh fucking well, I say!!! You lead with the chin, you're gonna get hit!!! I hope he is fine, but this bullshit, about something, no one really even can say is true or not... This is just a way to implicate me, for standing up to his bullying ways!!!
I got a real simple code, I don't starts fights... I finish them! and as far as I know, I ended that bullshit when I told him, I had recourse, that was within my rights... I got no problem with that!!!  "

... !!!!

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #82 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 4:03pm
" I do appreciate you clearing that part up, about not thinking it was me, even though I was the one who was very pissed and told him I had thought about doing this very thing... I was angry enough to do it, but deep in my heart, despite how angry I have felt, I held out hope we would somehow work things out, even though he made it clear with calling me a faggot and saying we weren't friends anymore... and it pissed me the fuck off... and in his fashion he kept it going.
[/quote]

I too would like to put the whole episode behind us, but that still leaves one awful motherfucker lurking in the shadows who tried to get a fellow RO'er into serious trouble at his job. That is one that must be left for karma I suppose, but when I heard about it I just had to speak up in defense of Blue. I'd have done the same for anyone on this board. Anyone. "

http://losangeles.metromix.com/content_image/thumbnail/3x4/180/157356

IP Logged

SweetVirginia
Rocks Off Regular

I know it's only rock
'n roll but I like it

NY
Reply #83 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 4:12pm
"No hard feelings towards anyone here. However, to the guilty asshat that brought this upon the board by trying to deliberately destroy another RO'ers career. Go fuck yourself scumbag!"

That asshat not only pulled an unforgivable stunt against Glencar, he/she also screwed with Pdog by executing precisely what P had talked about doing in that god-forsaken thread. The asshat had to know this would cause a lot of discomfort for Pdog as well as Glenny.

We have two victims here. And one big ole ASSHAT.

...&&&&&&

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #84 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 4:32pm
SweetVirginia wrote on Dec 10th, 2008 at 4:12pm:
"No hard feelings towards anyone here. However, to the guilty asshat that brought this upon the board by trying to deliberately destroy another RO'ers career. Go fuck yourself scumbag!"

That asshat not only pulled an unforgivable stunt against Glencar, he/she also screwed with Pdog by executing precisely what P had talked about doing in that god-forsaken thread. The asshat had to know this would cause a lot of discomfort for Pdog as well as Glenny.

We have two victims here. And one big ole ASSHAT.

and LJ... She had to listen to me complain on the phone today... I feel all torn up, confused... I feel bad, I feel angry...
I'm still mad at Blue and i'm also pissed someone may have done something to him, I talked about doing. I do not ever recall an experience in my life like this, this is pretty unique. I've heard about people doing what someone else may suggest, regardless of it being an idle threat or a real concern...
Do we have anything or anyone who can clarify this, did it really happen or not? At least if I know for sure, I can begin to feel really bad, and not just sort of bad, and hoping this is just bullshit!!!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #85 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 4:42pm
" I'm still mad at Blue and i'm also pissed someone may have done something to him, I talked about doing. I do not ever recall an experience in my life like this, this is pretty unique. I've heard about people doing what someone else may suggest, regardless of it being an idle threat or a real concern...
Do we have anything or anyone who can clarify this, did it really happen or not? At least if I know for sure, I can begin to feel really bad, and not just sort of bad, and hoping this is just bullshit "

... !!!!

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #86 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 4:44pm
I just texted Blue... to the only number I have for him. It was the number he called me from when he got Lady Jane, and got turned around in Philly and was going the other direction, away from AC.
I just told him... I'm sorry if anyone called his wokr inspired by my post here, and that I was sorry if that had happened... I don't know ifhe gets texts, and i'm too pussy to call!!!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #87 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 5:13pm
" I just told him... I'm sorry if anyone called his wokr inspired by my post here, and that I was sorry if that had happened... I don't know ifhe gets texts, and i'm too pussy to call "

... !!!!!

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #88 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 6:47pm
Pdog wrote on Dec 10th, 2008 at 4:44pm:
I just texted Blue... to the only number I have for him. It was the number he called me from when he got Lady Jane, and got turned around in Philly and was going the other direction, away from AC.
I just told him... I'm sorry if anyone called his wokr inspired by my post here, and that I was sorry if that had happened... I don't know ifhe gets texts, and i'm too pussy to call!!!

just call the man! reach out! find out what happened from the horse's mouth and report back...i don't know howe many more stupid pics of joey's i can stand!

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #89 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 7:00pm
Starbuck wrote on Dec 10th, 2008 at 6:47pm:

just call the man! reach out! find out what happened from the horse's mouth and report back...i don't know howe many more stupid pics of joey's i can stand!

i'm not going to report back, if i did call him. i also think it is out of line for me to call him, since he basically dumped me, and considering the circumstances, it could be way innapropriate. All I want to know is if it is true or not, and who may have done it, if it is true, which i think someone must know, if it did happen. Texting him was hard enough. You want to talk to him, I'll give you his number, just PM me... You can the hero liberal tribute healer peacermaker unifier and grand poobah.

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #90 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 10:22pm
Pdog wrote on Dec 10th, 2008 at 7:00pm:

i'm not going to report back, if i did call him. i also think it is out of line for me to call him, since he basically dumped me, and considering the circumstances, it could be way innapropriate. All I want to know is if it is true or not, and who may have done it, if it is true, which i think someone must know, if it did happen. Texting him was hard enough. You want to talk to him, I'll give you his number, just PM me... You can the hero liberal tribute healer peacermaker unifier and grand poobah.

Hey Pdog. I'm black and blue from watching you beat yourself up. I,in no way mean to be insensitive to the situation....BUT.....I never really did understand the whole "creating an online character thing" maybe I am incredibly naive. But I don't act a certain way on the internet and a different way in real life. I am not a character. What you read from me is who I am. Good or bad. Yeah I one of many who had on board conflicts with Glenny. No I never took any of it serious. But I also didn't dive deeply into the political thread. It really does suck, that someone took this stuff offline and went real personal. ............But their is also the school of thought that if you don't act like a dick online. Maybe,you won't act like a dick in real life.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #91 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 10:52pm
This almost makes me glad I've made myself scarce the past month or so.  I know this though: Pdog isn't capable of this type of reprehensible behavior. But whoever acted on this threat and put the man's livelihood in jeopardy is the worst type of scum - and karma, in one form or another, will prevail.

"She delivers right on time,&&I can't resist a corny line, &&But take the shine right off your shoes"&&&&"When I die I want to be burned and blown up Gazza's ass. Is he up for that? Is he a true stones fan. I know Voodoo would do it." - TomL '07&&...        ...        ...          ...          ...&&..'til the wheels come off...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #92 - Dec 11th, 2008 at 12:08am
I saw Annie Leibovitz tonight and I asked her if she has a favorite Stones album- she thought about it and then answered Exile on Main Street.

IP Logged

parmeda
Rocks Off Regular

Chicago
Reply #93 - Dec 11th, 2008 at 1:44am
I'd like to go on the record in saying I am livid beyond words as to what has happened to glencar.

Without him publicly acknowledging anything has happened, everyone can speculate it's truth.  It is not my place to validate or deny it ever took place.  I will leave that to him if he ever chooses to do so.

What I tend to believe is someone here at RO crossed an unforgivable line.

I have read the posts.  I have read the bullshit.  I have read the threats; in this thread and the political thread from ALL parties involved.  My opinion on who I think pulled this cowardly act is irrelevant at this point.   

But so help me, if the truth ever surfaces it's ugly head...may God help YOU.  YOU know who YOU are. And from my vantage point, YOU don't stand a fucking chance in the game of life YOU despicable piece of wasted, fucking useless, flesh.

Indeed there is a lesson to be learned from all of this.  And so true are the words, "Keep your friends close, and your enemies even closer...". 

And if I may indulge myself in saying to all of you; as it's been said so many times in the past...  If you see a thread that doesn't interest you, STAY THE FUCK OUT OF IT.  Avoid the turmoil and personal disappointment of hashing over the same shit day in and day out.

Did it ever occur to some of you why many posters have backed off and away from this board?  Do you think it could be from the same drama day in and day out?  The last time I checked it said,"Rocks Off - Rolling Stones Message Board" at the top of the page.  Did I miss the memo that went out to all the registered users explaining there was a fucking overhaul???   

Gee...does this --->   War horses couldn't drag me away  look familiar to most of you?????

And for those of you that choose to dip your 2-cents into the cesspool, STAND THERE AND TAKE WHAT'S THROWN AT YOU.  I see no need for anyone to come to another poster's defense when they willingly walk into a lion's cage.   Any one of you that posted in the political thread (and thought you should be exempt from verbal abuse, or felt the need to defend someone else from the verbal abuse); I have no other word to describe you other than to say you're a dumb-ass if you didn't think you'd get flamed at one point or another.  It was drama at it's best and some of you couldn't wait to state your opinions without regards as to whom you might offend.

That thread alone was a train wreck waiting to happen.  We all sat here and watched it.  And now, look what's happened.  It's one thing to fight your own battles with wit and sarcasm (which some of you can do quite well) - it's another thing when a coward takes a drastic measure and goes on a crusade to try and destroy a person's credibility and livelihood.   

Whoever did this - whatever party/parties are involved - I hope you're shitting on yourself right now.  You didn't win jack-fuck...

Gazza, Voo (and Jaxx, too) don't deserve the aggravation from this shit, either.

I am fluent in three languages... English, Sarcasm, and Profanity

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Rhode Island
Reply #94 - Dec 11th, 2008 at 4:17am
glencar merely experienced karma (if indeed he experienced anything at all, which is conjecture at this point)

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #95 - Dec 11th, 2008 at 6:36am
something smells fishy.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #96 - Dec 11th, 2008 at 8:02am

I would rather people didnt 'report' anything without Glencar's explicit consent. Not everything has to be public knowledge.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #97 - Dec 11th, 2008 at 8:03am
lotsajizz wrote on Dec 11th, 2008 at 4:17am:
glencar merely experienced karma (if indeed he experienced anything at all, which is conjecture at this point)

It's not 'conjecture'. The rest of your post speaks volumes.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Ten Thousand Motels
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #98 - Dec 11th, 2008 at 8:19am
I'm sorry this happened, but when you get more than two human beings in one place at one time things are bound to fuck up once in awhile. I've always held the philosophy that "real friends DO let real friends drive drunk"....might not like it but....anyway Happy Birthday again Glencar and I suspect this too shall pass.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #99 - Dec 11th, 2008 at 8:19am
"I may very well join the 2K Club later today, tater."

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)