Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I m going to John Mayall gig tonight! (Read 657 times)
Jumacfly
Rocks Off Regular

He Men Emotional Rescue
Lovers Society Chairman

Montpellier
I m going to John Mayall gig tonight!
Oct 22nd, 2008 at 4:06am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Hi RO fellas!

tonight im going to see the english king of blues Cheesy
hope it will be great,but I don t doubt about it...Mayall's Bluesbreakers are genereally a great live act..
Last time I ve seen them I had a lot of fun and an unforgettable hand shaking from all the band.
Buddy Withington will be the lead guitarist, I ve seen him playing ten years ago and was very impressed by his Taylor' way of playing Cheesy

see ya tomorrow for the review Smiley
jU

IP Logged

Zack
Rocks Off Regular

Chiba Face Rules You Bastards!

Dakar
Re: I m going to John Mayall gig tonight!
Reply #1 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 7:43am
Wow, the old guy's still going at 75.  Cool!

Regalez-vous Ju!

Only a crowd can make you feel so alone.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 8:40am
" tonight im going to see the english king of blues Cheesy
hope it will be great,but I don t doubt about it...Mayall's Bluesbreakers are genereally a great live act..
Last time I ve seen them I had a lot of fun and an unforgettable hand shaking from all the band.
Buddy Withington will be the lead guitarist, I ve seen him playing ten years ago and was very impressed by his Taylor' way of playing "

Baby Juma ..............

Now for the IMPORTANT Question .......

Um , ..... er : Weeding ...................... ?!

......Hashishing tonight ?!

Baby Joe

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Jumacfly
Rocks Off Regular

He Men Emotional Rescue
Lovers Society Chairman

Montpellier
Reply #3 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 10:02am
hI jOEY

yes massive hashishing tonight before the gig!
and thanks Zack for your message too Smiley :howefun

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 10:05am
" hI jOEY

yes massive hashishing tonight before the gig!
and thanks Zack for your message too "

Baby Juma ...............................

You are much loved by Joey

Baby Joe

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Jumacfly
Rocks Off Regular

He Men Emotional Rescue
Lovers Society Chairman

Montpellier
Reply #5 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 5:30pm
hi

back from  the blues party!
very good show, less than 2 hours..the bluesbreakers rocked the place!

the band opened with 2 songs and then introduced Mayall, which mostly played organ and harp tonight, only one song with a 12 strings guitar. Shit!
The guy is a fantastic musician and a great performer, despite he' s more than 70 years old.

But let me tell ya about the man of the night: Buddy Withington, the guitar player..

It was a festival of blues riffs and sharpy solos, many duets with Mayall on harp, an energic feeling and a constant inspiration that reminded me, of course , our beloved Mick Taylor. Ouch!
H was also  joking with the public while playing some Led Zep intros in front of an hilarious Mayall ...LOL

The band took a few songs to take off, with the solid Joe Yuele on drums and a totally transparent bass player, a kind of Saint sway lookalike with a tiny sound and an awful five strings fender.
Boring post

Oh,  the moment of the night to finish Kiss my undercover ass

When I arrived in the place, my first look was for the merchandising stand (an old habit , thanks to the Stones marketing department for that)...
First it was strange to see an old guy selling only CDS...guys, it was Mayall hymself!!
So I took a cd on the table ( and old 1969 live which sounds muddier than any New Barbarians outtakes ) and then John dedicated it and and shook my hand.
A few seconds later, as the man was alone, I dediced, very inspired, to go and chat a few moments with him.
So I came and John looked scared...OMG, I crossed the security line , and John looked upset about that.
Plus i had my beer on his autograph table..I apologized and then tried to tell him how much I loved his work, especially on my fav record Wake Up Call...sadly, my english was so bad that John didn t understand and went back to his cds activity.
OMG, what a fucking blank friggin stare it was guys...the shame of my music fan life What a post Ronnie!!!!!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #6 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 5:37pm
Ju-miliation?

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #7 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 5:41pm
Jumacfly wrote on Oct 22nd, 2008 at 5:30pm:
hi

When I arrived in the place, my first look was for the merchandising stand (an old habit , thanks to the Stones marketing department for that)...
First it was strange to see an old guy selling only CDS...guys, it was Mayall hymself!!
So I took a cd on the table ( and old 1969 live which sounds muddier than any New Barbarians outtakes ) and then John dedicated it and and shook my hand.
A few seconds later, as the man was alone, I dediced, very inspired, to go and chat a few moments with him.
So I came and John looked scared...OMG, I crossed the security line , and John looked upset about that.
Plus i had my beer on his autograph table..I apologized and then tried to tell him how much I loved his work, especially on my fav record Wake Up Call...sadly, my english was so bad that John didn t understand and went back to his cds activity.
OMG, what a fucking blank friggin stare it was guys...the shame of my music fan life What a post Ronnie!!!!!

Ha-ha. Nothing changes much. He's the weirdest celebrity I've ever met. This was what happened when I saw his show four years ago with Mick Taylor.

http://www.rocksoff.org/Archives/11-05-2004/204212-1.html

Glad you had a good night - thanks for the review

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #8 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 9:23pm
awesome ju. thanks for the post. he always seems to have a great axeman with him. i saw him play with peter green(zombie) and steve miller a few years back.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #9 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 9:28pm
" the band opened with 2 songs and then introduced Mayall, which mostly played organ and harp tonight, only one song with a 12 strings guitar. Shit!
The guy is a fantastic musician and a great performer, despite he' s more than 70 years old.

But let me tell ya about the man of the night: Buddy Withington, the guitar player..

It was a festival of blues riffs and sharpy solos, many duets with Mayall on harp, an energic feeling and a constant inspiration that reminded me, of course , our beloved Mick Taylor. Ouch!
H was also  joking with the public while playing some Led Zep intros in front of an hilarious Mayall ...LOL

The band took a few songs to take off, with the solid Joe Yuele on drums and a totally transparent bass player, a kind of Saint sway lookalike with a tiny sound and an awful five strings fender.
Boring post

Oh,  the moment of the night to finish Kiss my undercover ass

Plus i had my beer on his autograph table..I apologized and then tried to tell him how much I loved his work, especially on my fav record Wake Up Call...sadly, my english was so bad that John didn t understand and went back to his cds activity.   "

Nice Review Baby Juma ............ I certainly hope you were weeding

WeedyCakes ! Better seen on weed!

IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #10 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 9:50pm
Excellent, Ju! Sounds like you had a great show.  Smiley

I wouldn't take it personally about Mayall, though. He's a well-known "character."  Wink

"She delivers right on time,&&I can't resist a corny line, &&But take the shine right off your shoes"&&&&"When I die I want to be burned and blown up Gazza's ass. Is he up for that? Is he a true stones fan. I know Voodoo would do it." - TomL '07&&...        ...        ...          ...          ...&&..'til the wheels come off...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)