Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"Let it Bleed" with Dwayne Dopsie! JazzFest, New Orleans, La - May 2, 2024 © Chris Granger, The Times-Picayune

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Latest leaked outtakes ? (Read 1,360 times)
gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Paris, France
Latest leaked outtakes ?
Oct 16th, 2008 at 2:10pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Just wanted to check I hadn't missed a beat, wanted to confirm that nothing new has surfaced since the miraculous release of some Steel Wheels outtakes in August 2006 with the unreleased "For your Precious Love", "Ready Yourself", an instrumental sounding like a rework of the old "Munich Hilton" (hum I seem to have misled the boot, great...) but the other tapes he said he would upload never made it...

We also got some ABB alternate mixes in January 2007, then nothing ?

Where are all the good days of the 77/78 outtakes !

IP Logged

BILL PERKS
Rocks Off Regular

NJ
Re: Latest leaked outtakes ?
Reply #1 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 2:27pm
FOR YOUR PRECIOUS LOVE WAS THE ONE I WANTED FOR 15 YEARS AND IT DID NOT DISAPPOINT.

WHAT ELSE ARE WE EXPECTING(WHAT SESSIONS) AT THIS POINT?

IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 2:45pm
Yes, very nice version ! Now I need to find it in my archives...

Well there still a lot of unleaked outtakes from the Steel Wheels sessions if Karnbach is to be believed. I know for a fact that the "Gangster's Moll"  version of SW circulates, ChrisM reviewed it on his site in 1998/1999 before pulling it when I started asking questions about it.

Also nothing has leaked from the B2B sessions, although some of us got ripped off by that Hans Mulder guy who claimed to have some at the time it was released, and some people on the UC trading list said they had theard some stuff.

Not sure if there's anything from ABB, it seems like they scraped the barrel for the released stuff already !

That article the other day about UC mentioned a ton of unreleased songs too...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #3 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 5:14pm
Nothing new of note in terms of studio outtakes, but look out for a complete and previously uncirculated recording (from the master tape) in very good quality of the theatre show from Aberdeen 1982 which should be appearing on the tracker within the next few days.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #4 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 5:17pm
Gazza wrote on Oct 16th, 2008 at 5:14pm:
Nothing new of note in terms of studio outtakes, but look out for a complete and previously uncirculated recording (from the master tape) in very good quality of the theatre show from Aberdeen 1982 which should be appearing on the tracker within the next few days.

I wish we had more soundboards from Europe 1982... The one out there IMO, is better than most of the USA stuff...

IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Reply #5 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 5:32pm
Thanks for the heads up.

If someone could be so kind as to put the Monitor Mixes on the tracker too, if memory serves they were in .flac format ? I seem to have deleted mine !!!

One gig that would be nice to have would be te 100 Club in 1986, someone must have recorded it!

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #6 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 6:03pm
gotdablouse wrote on Oct 16th, 2008 at 5:32pm:
Thanks for the heads up.

If someone could be so kind as to put the Monitor Mixes on the tracker too, if memory serves they were in .flac format ? I seem to have deleted mine !!!

One gig that would be nice to have would be te 100 Club in 1986, someone must have recorded it!

That was a private gig. It wasnt open to the public (unlike the 1982 show there). There were only about 300 people in attendance. The Stones have recorded pretty much every show since the early 70's. On this occasion they apparently gave specific instructions that it WASNT to be officially recorded.

So the chances of an audience or soundboard recording of it leaking out are pretty much zero.

... ... ...
IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Reply #7 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 6:20pm
Oh I didn't know that, you'd think they would have kept a tape for themselves or the family of Stu since it was in his honour.

Going back to the studio stuff, let's hope the guy who posted the "Monitor Mixes" finally shares the other tapes he said he had, that would make my day!

IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Reply #8 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 5:09am
Came across this site as I was researching "Steel Wheels Performances" and they list : http://www.liederbluete.de/Rolling%20Stones/StonesDiscography/00HTLM/Update-List...

"Steel Wheels Monitor Mixes Outtakes Steel Wheels Session
Steel Wheels Outtakes 1 Outtakes Steel Wheels Session
Steel Wheels Primitive Mixes Outtakes Steel Wheels Session
Steel Wheels The Lost Outtakes Outtakes Steel Wheels Session"

Would that all be variations on that tape from the summer of 2006 or could there be more ? "The Lost Outtakes " sounds promising !

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #9 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 6:34am
Just variations, I'd imagine. I'm 99.9% certain nothing else has emerged from those sessions in addition to what was put on the tracker here two years ago.

... ... ...
IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Reply #10 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 9:22am
Thanks, too bad, the only other know track is the 1989 version of "Gangster's Moll" owned by one ChrisM for UC List fame, maybe one day he will share it!

IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Reply #11 - May 7th, 2009 at 7:01pm
Thought I would update this topic with the excellent "Training Wheels" SW outtakes that Gazza pointed out last week in another thread (that's the thread I was looking for when I found this one).

Alas still no "Gangster's Moll" but a version of "Ready Yourself" with lyrics sung (badly) by Keith. The gem of that new release, is "Giving it Up" that had been first mentioned by Dieter Hoffman in his Weissbuch in late 1991 (early 92?) a pretty good ballad with a snarled Mick vocal, probably a bit too close to Keith's "Almost hear you Sigh" for comfort. Ah the thrill of discovering new Stones music...just for that I'd like to be a 13 year old dreaming of buying "Rolled Gold" again Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)