Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"Let it Bleed" with Dwayne Dopsie! JazzFest, New Orleans, La - May 2, 2024 © Chris Granger, The Times-Picayune

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
McCartney's life in danger if he plays Israel (Read 3,717 times)
TomL
Rocks Off Regular

Change the Fucking sets

Sweet Virginia
Re: McCartney's life in danger if he plays Israel
Reply #25 - Sep 16th, 2008 at 8:36pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
It's about FREEDOM, play Paul.

...Her love is ecstasy When her arms enfold me I hear her tender rhapsody But in reality, she doesn't Fucking know me...JMI once again..... running away with me...........

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Sep 16th, 2008 at 8:50pm
Let's just hope he shitcans THAT song!

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #27 - Sep 16th, 2008 at 9:15pm
Quote:
Let's just hope he shitcans THAT song!

DITTO!!!!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #28 - Sep 17th, 2008 at 9:15am
" Let's just hope he shitcans THAT song ! "

blue ( small ' b ' ) ........

Will you be seeing Shakey in concert this fall ?!

" Form of his LIFE , Ronnie ! "

Joe Sea ..... Scroll !

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #29 - Sep 17th, 2008 at 9:26am
The Brazen Head defines schizophrenic identity for a restaurant/pub.
On one hand, wander in there at certain times and you'll see frat packs not even pretending to be classy, just there because it's close to campus and in a strip mall, which is what they live for. The girls probably just got fake tans a few shops down.

On the other hand, the ownership tries to keep it a classy, semi-authentic spot, even in a strip mall. The bar and some of their other furnishings were shipped in from Ireland, and they do a good job of bringing together Irish style food with American tastes. Their food rarely disappoints, and usually impresses. They offer the right beers, have special rooms for private gatherings, yet don't put on pretension. Overall, a pretty good spot most of the time, and definitely a place worth checking out

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #30 - Sep 17th, 2008 at 9:31am
Joey wrote on Sep 17th, 2008 at 9:15am:
" Let's just hope he shitcans THAT song ! "

blue ( small ' b ' ) ........

Will you be seeing Shakey in concert this fall ?!

" Form of his LIFE , Ronnie ! "

Joe Sea ..... Scroll !

Not a chance, Freakey!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #31 - Sep 17th, 2008 at 10:01am
" On the other hand, the ownership tries to keep it a classy, semi-authentic spot, even in a strip mall. The bar and some of their other furnishings were shipped in from Ireland, and they do a good job of bringing together Irish style food with American tastes. Their food rarely disappoints, and usually impresses. They offer the right beers, have special rooms for private gatherings, yet don't put on pretension. Overall, a pretty good spot most of the time, and definitely a place worth checking out ... "

that's right !

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #32 - Sep 17th, 2008 at 2:36pm
Take the payment in light, sweet crude.

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #33 - Sep 17th, 2008 at 3:27pm
andrews27 wrote on Sep 17th, 2008 at 2:36pm:
Take the payment in light, sweet crude.

hey crude?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #34 - Sep 17th, 2008 at 3:35pm
" hey crude? "

... !!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Ade
Rocks Off Regular

What's Occuring?

London, U.K
Reply #35 - Sep 24th, 2008 at 2:40pm

...&&...&&&&...&&
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #36 - Sep 24th, 2008 at 3:27pm
" Sir Paul McCartney has landed in Israel ahead of his first concert in the country on Thursday.

He told fans at Ben-Gurion airport that he wanted to bring "a message of peace and love" to the Middle East, according to Israeli Public radio.

The 66-year old toured the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem where he took pictures and lit two candles for peace.

Protesters had asked Sir Paul to cancel the one-off gig over Israel's occupation of the West Bank.

"A lot of Palestinians who adored The Beatles are let down," said Lisa Taraki, a professor at Bir Zeit University in the West Bank and an activist on the Palestinian Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel.

"Despite appeals, he has not made a single gesture to the Palestinians," she added.

Ms Taraki's group believes that Israel should be subject to a boycott similar to those imposed on South Africa during the apartheid era.

We've been rehearsing some songs we've not done for a while

Sir Paul McCartney

But outside the church, Sir Paul responded to the criticism by saying that his trip to Bethlehem showed he was showing favouritism.

"I'm here to highlight the situation and to say that what we need is peace in this region, a two-state solution," he said.

Beatles ban

Enthusiastic fans turned out to greet Sir Paul outside his hotel in Tel Aviv on Wednesday - and the star stopped to sign autographs and flash peace signs at the crowd.

Inside, he met the press, throwing a variety of rock star poses and joking with reporters: "It is me."

Israel's radio stations have flooded the airwaves with classic Beatles tracks ahead of Thursday's show, which is dubbed Friendship First.

The Fab Four had been due to play in Israel at the height of their fame in 1965, but the country's government pulled the show over fears it could corrupt the nation's youth.

Speaking before his arrival in Tel Aviv, Sir Paul said the band were "very amused" by the incident - but had felt sorry on behalf of their Jewish manager, Brian Epstein.

Up to 50,000 people are expected for the concert
"His family in Liverpool, I'm sure they were mortified, but we didn't really mind," he said.

In January, Israel apologised for the cancellation of the 1965 concert in letters to the two surviving members of the Beatles - Sir Paul and Ringo Starr - and the families of deceased members John Lennon and George Harrison.

Thursday's show is expected to draw up to 50,000 fans, even though the most expensive tickets cost almost £800.

Sir Paul has promised a few surprises, saying: "We've been rehearsing some songs we've not done for a while but that's all I'll tell you.

"We always try and custom-make the show to the people we are playing to.

"What I normally do is meet with a translator before the show and try and get some local phrases, local dedications, hopefully… I've got to learn them yet though!"

Security around Sir Paul is likely to be tight. On Monday night a Palestinian man rammed his car into a crowd of Israeli soldiers in Jerusalem, injuring 19.
"

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)