Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"Let it Bleed" with Dwayne Dopsie! JazzFest, New Orleans, La - May 2, 2024 © Chris Granger, The Times-Picayune

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
McCartney's life in danger if he plays Israel (Read 3,715 times)
Fiji Joe
Rocks Off Regular

McCartney's life in danger if he plays Israel
Sep 13th, 2008 at 8:50pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Just build these fellas some condos and they should chill out...Baby your a dead man

SIR Paul McCartney has been threatened that he will be the target of suicide bombers unless he abandons plans to play his first concert in Israel.

Self-styled preacher of hate Omar Bakri claimed the former Beatle’s decision to take part in the Jewish state’s 60th anniversary celebrations had made him an enemy of all Muslims.

Sources said Sir Paul was shocked but refused to be intimidated.

In an interview with Israeli media yesterday he said: “I was approached by different groups and political bodies who asked me not to come here. I refused. I do what I think and I have many friends who support Israel.”

Sir Paul, 65, should have gone to Israel with the Beatles in 1965 but they were barred by the Jewish nation’s government over fears they would corrupt young people.

Yesterday a number of websites described him as an infidel and suggested he was going to Israel only because of the reported £2.3m fee for the one-off concert.

A message posted on one website said: “Shame on you Paul McCartney for day trippin’ to apartheid Israel” and vowed never to buy his music again.

Bakri, who made his weekly internet broadcast to fellow extremists from his home in Lebanon, where he has lived in exile since being banned from returning to Britain, said Sir Paul was “making more enemies than friends”.

Syrian-born Bakri, 48, went on: “I heard today that the pop star Paul McCartney is playing as a part of the celebrations.

“If you speak about the holocaust and its authenticity never being proved historically in the way the Jewish community portray it, people will arrest you. People will you say you should not speak like this. Yet they go and celebrate the anniversary of 60 years of what?

“Instead of supporting the people of Palestine in their suffering, McCartney is celebrating the atrocities of the occupiers. The one who is under occupation is supposed to be getting the help.

“And so I believe for Paul McCartney, what he is doing really is creating more enemies than friends.”

Explaining his comments, Bakri told the Sunday Express: “Our enemy’s friend is our enemy.

“Thus Paul McCartney is the enemy of every Muslim. We have what we call ‘sacrifice’ operatives who will not stand by while he joins in a celebration of their oppression.

“If he values his life Mr McCartney must not come to Israel. He will not be safe there. The sacrifice operatives will be waiting for him.”

Lawyer Anjem Choudary, who last week chaired a meeting in London at which extremists claimed the next 9/11-style atrocity would be in Britain, said Sir Paul had allowed himself to become a propaganda tool for Israel.

He added: “Muslims have every right to be angry at Paul McCartney. How would the world react if he wanted to have a
concert in occupied Kashmir?

“They would not allow it to happen but because it is Israel he can play. A country which, as the celebration indicates did not exist 60 years ago, only exists thanks to stealing and occupying another country’s lands.” Yesterday the comments drew condemnation from Palestinian sources and outsiders.

Omar Barghouti, of The Palestinian Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel, described the threat as “deplorable”.

Patrick Mercer, the Conservative MP for Newark and a former Shadow Security Minister, said: “One could dismiss Bakri as a ranting extremist but history has shown that he has an ability to twist minds, so his comments should not be underestimated.

“If Sir Paul McCartney wants to play at the 60th anniversary then it is the worst form of illiberalism for Omar Bakri to restrict the artist’s freedom in this way.”

A spokesman for Sir Paul declined to comment on the threat, saying: “Paul’s Friendship First concert is about his music. Paul’s is a message of peace.”

Tickets for the concert range from £70 to £230.

Last night Sir Paul performed his first concert in the Ukraine, playing to tens of thousands in the capital Kiev.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/61355/We-ll-kill-Sir-Paul-if-he-plays-Israel

Mr. Gringo...My father he ain't no Che Guevara

IP Logged

homesickjameswilliamson
Rocks Off Regular

Alcoholic Cunts Like Knives

Re: McCartney's life in danger if he plays Israel
Reply #1 - Sep 14th, 2008 at 9:03am

he shouldve just been honest and said it was for the money, then they'd have nothin against him lol

tho how can he openly support israel wats that about

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #2 - Sep 14th, 2008 at 9:36am
homesickjameswilliamson wrote on Sep 14th, 2008 at 9:03am:
he shouldve just been honest and said it was for the money, then they'd have nothin against him lol

tho how can he openly support israel wats that about

Its 'about' freedom of speech and belief. Obviously thats a bigger crime than some nutcase cleric threatening the guy's life. Good sense of perspective. Roll Eyes

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

albert
Rocks Off Regular

it's only r'n'roll

Noordwijk, Nederland
Reply #3 - Sep 14th, 2008 at 9:46am
fuck politics....it's just about a good show, and believe me, Macca's show are (just like the Stones-shows) predictable but very good entertainment!

Hope the people in Israel will enjoy a good show and have a good night!

grt,
Albert
Holland

IP Logged

Kilroy
Rocks Off Regular

I love this place!

Mickville Virginny USA
Reply #4 - Sep 14th, 2008 at 10:06am
Play Paul Play!

The Core Of The Rolling Stones is Charlie Watts Hi-Hat/The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me/And Then We Became Naked/After the Skeet Shoot & Sweet Dreams Mary & #9 11/22/1968 @#500 2/19/2010 @#800 4/09/2011 @#888 10/28/2011 @#1000 2/2/12

IP Logged

Kilroy
Rocks Off Regular

I love this place!

Mickville Virginny USA
Reply #5 - Sep 14th, 2008 at 10:08am
Kilroy wrote on Sep 14th, 2008 at 10:06am:
Play Paul Play!

Or should I've  said  "I'll play when you want me to and I'll not Play when you don't want me to not Play" Blank Frigging Stare
Play Paul Play!

The Core Of The Rolling Stones is Charlie Watts Hi-Hat/The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me/And Then We Became Naked/After the Skeet Shoot & Sweet Dreams Mary & #9 11/22/1968 @#500 2/19/2010 @#800 4/09/2011 @#888 10/28/2011 @#1000 2/2/12

IP Logged

Honky Tonk Man
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Blackwater, Hampshire
Reply #6 - Sep 14th, 2008 at 10:17am
McCartney is fantastic live. Really enjoyed the concert I saw at Earls Court back in '03.

He was just an absoloute bag of energy. He just ripped into one song after another.

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #7 - Sep 14th, 2008 at 11:11am
WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?
WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?
WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #8 - Sep 14th, 2008 at 11:58am
" SIR Paul McCartney has been threatened that he will be the target of suicide bombers unless he abandons plans to play his first concert in Israel.

Self-styled preacher of hate Omar Bakri claimed the former Beatle’s decision to take part in the Jewish state’s 60th anniversary celebrations had made him an enemy of all Muslims.

Sources said Sir Paul was shocked but refused to be intimidated. "

We ( The Jews ) will NEVER again march peacefully into the Gas Chambers . NEVER !

Indeed , they got six friggin million of us ...... never again .

If we ( The Jews ) drop a nuke on Iran the entire WORLD will come down on us .. Hard .

But if we don't , who will ?!

Who ?!

Joey " Bibi " Netanyahu  בִּנְיָמִין "ביבי" נְתַנְיָהוּ‎

« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2008 at 12:03pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Kilroy
Rocks Off Regular

I love this place!

Mickville Virginny USA
Reply #9 - Sep 14th, 2008 at 2:53pm
Honky Tonk Man wrote on Sep 14th, 2008 at 10:17am:
McCartney is fantastic live. Really enjoyed the concert I saw at Earls Court back in '03.

He was just an absoloute bag of energy. He just ripped into one song after another.

Saw Him In DC 1990 One Of the Great performances I ever seen, no doubt.
I say play because if every threat to our freedoms works, we have nothing. We, Paul can't let them, the NUTS, win.

TeaParty2.jpg (40 KB | )
TeaParty2.jpg

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Sep 14th, 2008 at 8:03pm
Although I would never see him perform(even for free), I hope he doesn't cave in.

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Rhode Island
Reply #11 - Sep 14th, 2008 at 8:31pm
I'm no friend of the nutbags who've run Israel the last few years, but fuck those who stand in the way of a rockshow!  I hate religious loonies and Islam has too damned many......

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #12 - Sep 14th, 2008 at 9:13pm
Hey Jew!!!

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #13 - Sep 14th, 2008 at 9:26pm
Jew won't see me...........

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #14 - Sep 15th, 2008 at 10:07am
Is Phil Collins going with him by chance?

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #15 - Sep 15th, 2008 at 2:11pm
Paul is dead.........

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #16 - Sep 15th, 2008 at 2:12pm
" Paul is dead .. "

WHAT ?!

... !!!!!

« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2008 at 4:31pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #17 - Sep 15th, 2008 at 2:13pm
Maybe Bon Jovi will open?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #18 - Sep 15th, 2008 at 2:15pm
" Maybe Bon Jovi will open ? "

WHAT ?!

... !!!!!

... !!!!!

... !!!!!

... !!!!!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #19 - Sep 15th, 2008 at 2:16pm
quadruple Coleman.

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #20 - Sep 15th, 2008 at 2:34pm
Some Guy wrote on Sep 15th, 2008 at 2:16pm:
quadruple Coleman.

YUP..The Four Mops!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #21 - Sep 15th, 2008 at 4:28pm
" quadruple Coleman "

< ----- I believe that is a first .

That's right Little Fella ( LIL' FIJI ) ......

That's Right !!!

'kins

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #22 - Sep 15th, 2008 at 8:59pm
Yeah news of this was all over the radio today. What assholes! Those people dont get it at all ~ music brings people together, its a language everyone can understand which should unite, not divide.  I'm worried about Paul's safety!

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #23 - Sep 15th, 2008 at 9:12pm
the walrus was PAUL :necrophillicpost

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Sep 15th, 2008 at 10:38pm
Bitch wrote on Sep 15th, 2008 at 8:59pm:
Yeah news of this was all over the radio today. What assholes! Those people dont get it at all ~ music brings people together, its a language everyone can understand which should unite, not divide.  I'm worried about Paul's safety!

You're quite naive! These people know EXACTLY what they're doing! They don't WANT music to bring people together. They'd rather have everyone on the respective sides hate each other. Have yo never read a Joshy post????

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)