Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
RO's Top-10 Most Memorable Moments (Read 9,926 times)
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Re: RO's Top-10 Most Memorable Moments
Reply #75 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 9:44am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Shit!

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #76 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 9:47am
Other classic you didn't see...

Gazza and I planned to share the hotel room in Hartford (March 1999!!) I arrived since Friday and partied with people from Undercover, then Gazza arrived on Sunday to find that there was only one bed in the hotel room, I freaked out and Gazza told me... don't worry, I don't fuck a guy the first date!  

Ouch!

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #77 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 9:54am
The F U thread was cool for a minute.

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #78 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 10:27am
Are there archives of the old board somewhere?  I apologize if thats a dumb question.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

FotiniD
Rocks Off Regular

ROCC & RO..ll...

Athens, Greece
Reply #79 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 10:28am
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Jul 16th, 2008 at 9:21am:
Other RO moment... ask Fabio LOL we had a very nice cartoon by Woody  you made a grown man cry

Yeah, yeah, I remember that.... You had us all fooled  you made a grown man cry

FotiniD  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #80 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 10:30am
sirmoonie wrote on Jul 16th, 2008 at 10:27am:
Are there archives of the old board somewhere?  I apologize if thats a dumb question.

good question, moonFeldman.

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #81 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 10:50am
Ade wrote on Jul 16th, 2008 at 8:14am:
i don't recall the guys name (not being an RO contributor, at the time)
but there was someone on here, who insisted Mick Jagger
treated Jacob Cohl, 'like his son', and was a big-hitter in the RS 'machine'.

you made a grown man cry

Again a tribute to jb and Pug who referred to "young Jacob Cohl (Mick treats him like a son"

This thread is making me laugh out loud!!!!!!!!!!

No one has yet to mention the infamous "Drinking Threads". I believe I maintained the most posts by a female RO'er!!  Let's go get drunk

LJ.
« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2008 at 10:52am by LadyJane »  

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #82 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 11:02am
lest we forget the classic meltdowns....feel free to post them, someone, if they were saved.

fleabit's "fuck you nazis" and anything related to across the street immediately comes to mind!

gypsy's stalking was funny if a) she wasn't stalking you, and b) you weren't an admin

lambie talking about how terrible fleabit was in the sack

could someone please post SS's "the stones have sold out" farewell post? or at the very least his "we're playing at the carrot festival in the cowachella valley" post?

strange thing is, i can't think of any newb meltdowns at RO, unlike pavlov's meltdown over at Lew's.

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

jostorm
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #83 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 11:33am
nankerphelge wrote on Jul 15th, 2008 at 4:41pm:
"WHAT THE FUCK IS THE NICK NOLTE THING ABOUT??? The pictures, the references, etc???? Is there a connection with Joey?" Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint

That would be my doing!

I saw that mugshot way back when and I fell apart.

When Nolte got busted, he was driving all over the road and the cop stopped him and arrested him.
Apparently he was drooling all over himself - turns out, not only was he drunk but he also had a date rape drug (gbh??) in him.  So the dude was planning on slipping someone a mickey and got the ol' switcharoo pulled on him.

Anyway, the picture is worth a million words and so "pulling a Nolte" became the thing around here.

I mean seriously -- look at that pic again!!
The shirt
The hair
The frown

Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint

FYI - http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/nnolte1.html

Thanks, nankerphelge,  Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint  suddenly became MUCH more funny....

And what about "LJ and the inflatable sheep", where does that connection come in????Or is it too personal and should I be back-channelling you about it, LJ??? Smiley

And what were those weird picture posts of Joey's about??? They ususally contained pictures of Golda Meier, Ben Gurion, a flag of Israel, and then, totally without reason, an underwater picture of a gigantic sea jellyfish that looked exactly like a big circumcised dickhead. It totally cracked me up every time I saw it, was that the point, or is there some hidden philosophical meaning????

And I promise not to ask any more newbie questions.....for now...

PDM: I'm a chocoholic, but don't think I'd eat that, it looks exactly like donkey shit....

Voodoo: I think that a drunk postmaster who bans and then drunkenly forgets how to unban himself has got to be a pretty unique feature, exclusive to RO....

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #84 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 11:36am
jostorm wrote on Jul 16th, 2008 at 11:33am:
Voodoo: I think that a drunk postmaster who bans and then drunkenly forgets how to unban himself has got to be a pretty unique feature, exclusive to RO....

There was one night when (and I was sober) I banned everyone by mistake, couldnt figure out what had happened and had to make a long distance phone call to Mexico City to try and sort the problem out...

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #85 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 11:38am
the jb phone home thread was big.
didja ever notice when jb leaves the board the US economy hurts and there is trouble in the mid east, I recall that last time he was out. jb man up, show your Americanism!!
« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2008 at 11:40am by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #86 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 11:46am
"And what about "LJ and the inflatable sheep", where does that connection come in????Or is it too personal and should I be back-channelling you about it, LJ???"

No need to backchannel.

I just ran with it from here and ordered some Inflatable Party Sheep online to bring to a couple of Summits!!! Brought her to Chicago and AC1 with a sharpie for RO'ers to sign.

I still have one unopened. Next time!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully you will be able to sign her JO!!!!

LJ.

IP Logged

jostorm
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #87 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 11:53am
Gazza wrote on Jul 16th, 2008 at 11:36am:
jostorm wrote on Jul 16th, 2008 at 11:33am:

There was one night when (and I was sober) I banned everyone by mistake, couldnt figure out what had happened and had to make a long distance phone call to Mexico City to try and sort the problem out...

Talking about upping the ante, Herr Gazza....Good job our lot has no control over nuclear arms...
Smiley

IP Logged

jostorm
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #88 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 11:54am
LadyJane wrote on Jul 16th, 2008 at 11:46am:
"And what about "LJ and the inflatable sheep", where does that connection come in????Or is it too personal and should I be back-channelling you about it, LJ???"

No need to backchannel.

I just ran with it from here and ordered some Inflatable Party Sheep online to bring to a couple of Summits!!! Brought her to Chicago and AC1 with a sharpie for RO'ers to sign.

I still have one unopened. Next time!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully you will be able to sign her JO!!!!

LJ.

Your words in God's ears!

I already have my Sharpie ready, LJ....

IP Logged

Holden
Rocks Off Regular

Tampa Bay
Reply #89 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 11:57am
Some Guy wrote on Jul 16th, 2008 at 11:38am:
didja ever notice when jb leaves the board the US economy hurts and there is trouble in the mid east, I recall that last time he was out. jb man up, show your Americanism!!

People are pissed at Ronnie, some people want Taylor back, there's no talk of Led Zeppelin...What more does he want??

mrhipfl  
IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #90 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 6:42pm
I think my very first online friend was Sir Stonesalot.   Of course, there was the Fleabit Peanut Monkey (FPM, hey, you're still missed).   There was AZQB (where are you, girl).   Maxmeister, 2000 Man and of course, Lew, the "Chairman of the board".   There was Maxlugar, and the Storm (I think).  There was the Jimmy Whitley and Syph, and Ginda.

Really Good Friends.   The early days were so cool.  
« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2008 at 6:43pm by Factory Girl »  

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

steeldrivinghammer
Ex Member

Reply #91 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 7:51pm
Even on a slow news day it's a Gas.

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #92 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 10:41pm
Quote:
"petard"
What the hell does that word mean?

A petard was a medieval IED or explosive mine.  The wight who set it and didn't run was "hoist" in the air by his own bomb.  It's a French word, and the "-tard" may refer to a "delayed" explosion.
« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2008 at 11:05pm by andrews27 »  

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #93 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 2:50am
I remember a good period on this board was when The Stones were about to have their Licks tour conference and it was like just under a week until this. There were rumors of the blimp here on the board and I thought ..."lol, no way". Then later actual pictures of this blimp in a hanger were posted here and we were very excited and taken back by the site of it.

Also nobody knew what exactly their hits compilation would include for this tour but that it would include newly recorded tunes that were brand new from them. We were excited as well as inquisitive about that.

It was May of 02 and there was a good vibe, and buzz in the air. The board had an excitement at this time.

This is my fondest memory of this board thus far.

Ian
« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2008 at 2:51am by Ian Billen »  

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

Nasty Habits
Rocks Off Regular

God Rolls His Own!!

The Land of the Blue Sky
Reply #94 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 8:10am
Ten Thousand Motels wrote on Jul 17th, 2008 at 7:26am:
Holden wrote on Jul 16th, 2008 at 11:57am:
Some Guy wrote on Jul 16th, 2008 at 11:38am:

People are pissed at Ronnie, some people want Taylor back, there's no talk of Led Zeppelin...What more does he want??

As I recall JB was awful curious about anal sex. Maybe a serious anal sex thread would bring him back.

Not sure curiosity is what I'd call it.  But then again, I'm not a hot Asian either.

Let's see . . .

When bloozehound showed up he got brutally hazed in a thread about that "School of Rock" movie.
The saga of the tarps climaxed in a Michael Cohl approved theory that they would eventually sell "behind tarp" seating.
The SS leaves thread was about as classic a Hindenburg moment as I can remember on the board - really a bridge burning scorched earth gaffe from a once-great poster . . . although it did lead to the briefly popular concept of "Stoneaholism".

And then there was "Stoneszac" . . .

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #95 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 8:28am
Gonna take this thread to a serious note, but it's worth mentioning.

One of the GREATEST things about RO is that we are like a little family.
And family does pull together when times get rough.

I know that I used RO as my diary when my Mom was dying.
Where else could I express all my thoughts 24-7 and have people genuinely care?
I'll never forget the love and support I received from RO during my darkest time.

Thank you all.

And the Birthday Threads are always nice too.
Makes ya feel special to know that people all over the world wish you well.

LJ.

IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #96 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 12:20pm
Ten Thousand Motels wrote on Jul 15th, 2008 at 10:23am:
"petard"

From Dictionary.com:

Word History: The French used pétard, "a loud discharge of intestinal gas," for a kind of infernal engine for blasting through the gates of a city. "To be hoist by one's own petard," a now proverbial phrase apparently originating with Shakespeare's Hamlet (around 1604) not long after the word entered English (around 1598), means "to blow oneself up with one's own bomb, be undone by one's own devices." The French noun pet, "fart," developed regularly from the Latin noun pēditum, from the Indo-European root *pezd-, "fart."

1598, "small bomb used to blow in doors and breech walls," from Fr. pétard (1580), from M.Fr. péter "break wind," from O.Fr. pet "a fart," from L. peditum, properly neut. pp. of pedere "to break wind" (in M.L. pettus). Surviving in phrase hoist with one's own petard (or some variant) "blown up with one's own bomb," which is ult. from Shakespeare (1605):

"For tis the sport to haue the enginer Hoist with his owne petar" ("Hamlet" III.iv.207).

"She delivers right on time,&&I can't resist a corny line, &&But take the shine right off your shoes"&&&&"When I die I want to be burned and blown up Gazza's ass. Is he up for that? Is he a true stones fan. I know Voodoo would do it." - TomL '07&&...        ...        ...          ...          ...&&..'til the wheels come off...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #97 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 1:55pm
GotToRollMe wrote on Jul 17th, 2008 at 12:20pm:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote on Jul 15th, 2008 at 10:23am:
"petard"

From Dictionary.com:

Word History: The French used pétard, "a loud discharge of intestinal gas," for a kind of infernal engine for blasting through the gates of a city. "To be hoist by one's own petard," a now proverbial phrase apparently originating with Shakespeare's Hamlet (around 1604) not long after the word entered English (around 1598), means "to blow oneself up with one's own bomb, be undone by one's own devices." The French noun pet, "fart," developed regularly from the Latin noun pēditum, from the Indo-European root *pezd-, "fart."

1598, "small bomb used to blow in doors and breech walls," from Fr. pétard (1580), from M.Fr. péter "break wind," from O.Fr. pet "a fart," from L. peditum, properly neut. pp. of pedere "to break wind" (in M.L. pettus). Surviving in phrase hoist with one's own petard (or some variant) "blown up with one's own bomb," which is ult. from Shakespeare (1605):

"For tis the sport to haue the enginer Hoist with his owne petar" ("Hamlet" III.iv.207).

Shit!

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Holden
Rocks Off Regular

Tampa Bay
Reply #98 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 2:38pm
I remember reading an interview where Keith talked about "Honky Tonk woman." He said Charlie messed up and came in at the wrong beat. Keith then did the same thing. He came in at the wrong beat. But it all ended up sounding right. He said, "it's something musicologists can analyze for the next thousand years and they will never understand it."

RO is sorta the same thing. Everyone's so wrong and different, but it all ends up working out and feeling right, ya know? Send a psychologist in here and he wouldn't know where to start. He'd be stumped.

mrhipfl  
IP Logged

robpop
Rocks Off Regular

My name is called disturbance!

City of Champions
Reply #99 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 2:48pm
I have only been few a couple of years, but Sway vs. Winslow and Digital Dawgs sticks out.

...&&&&...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)